Auditions for SM

Guest sujukawaii

Guest theskinnygirl

I honestly have no idea, since people make up such weird excuses. However, I think that those who live near Itaewon says that the US should stop butting into our business. In Itaewon, there are a LOT of soldiers from the US, and Koreans are annoyed by this (I can't speak for the whole country, but I know a lot of families living near that place and they hate the fact that we have a US army base in KOREA). I guess Bush had to do a lot, but I'm not exactly sure. I guess that they're less harsh on Europe, Africa, etc. but I don't think they'd be all that welcoming either.

no offense, but i dont think it's like th US find pleasure in staying in Korea. They are there for a reason. To aid S. Korea just in case a war between N. and S. Korea breaks out. Korea NEEDS the U.S. troops to stay there... They are only "butting into [korea's] business" because the government of korea ASK for it...

anyway, good look to those who are planning to audition.

everything in life is tough, but just give it a try....

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest saranghae<3

^

Actually Korea doesnt need the U.S. troops to be in there. South Korea and North Korea arent going to have a war anytime soon. *off topic*

Back to the topic. I think its best if you are asian.

I want to try out. Im 100% Chinese. How does the application work?

Guest Uknojack216

ive always dreamed about auditioning

for SM and other ents. when i go to korea

and i absolutely plan to definetly

but the fact that i'm half korean

and half african kinda worries me

about my chances

what do yall think?

well there was a singer a long time ago who was also half african and half korean too in korea

go for it

no offense, but i dont think it's like th US find pleasure in staying in Korea. They are there for a reason. To aid S. Korea just in case a war between N. and S. Korea breaks out. Korea NEEDS the U.S. troops to stay there... They are only "butting into [korea's] business" because the government of korea ASK for it...

actually north korea and south korea have been going quite peacefully these days

they have a peace policy thing and they promised to help each other out when in need

haha i did a report on this

• 2 weeks later...
Guest baybiifusion

^uh, not really... stephanie in CSJH debuted after 6 months of training

that cause Stephanie was an exception.

she had previously been trained to dance professionally

and she ditched something big and went with SM instead.

if they planned to train her for a few years then they'll definitely lose her.

Guest tomahn

I know some of you people are angry that SM is exclusive to speicific nationalities, but you have to remember that SM is only looking for what Korean fans are looking for. if they think that a non-korean, chinese will not do well in the entertainment business, they're "waste" their time on you. They're looking for what Korean fans are looking for.

Guest jihye87

^^ .. absolutely agree with ur statement .. even a non korean fan like me would have expectation of certain artist they bring out ..

my fren n i were thinkin of going for the weekend auditions at SM .. not to get in but to see if we can get to see any stars walking by .. wahah

Guest QuEEN

Actually Korea doesnt need the U.S. troops to be in there. South Korea and North Korea arent going to have a war anytime soon. *off topic*

uh north korea and south korea is at war still aren't they?

and i think you have to be full korean if you want a good chance..

unless you're like super good at everything and can speak korean..

ahh but even if you are all that you might not even get popular

because koreans tend to be..uh racist unless you're extremely

hott ^^;;

Guest w00tah

theres still a war going on, there was no peace treaty. And skorea's forces stands at 600,000 or so, there are 30,000 or so us troops there, N korea has 1.2 million or so.

Guest XhoXho

aaahhh if only I liked SM Entertainment...but I'm 20, so I'm sure I'm too old. I'd find it kinda...odd if someone Japanese was debuted by SM though...I'd rather go for AVEX and come out in Japan.

I wish everyone here the best of luck! I'd love it if a Soompier made it in!!

i know how you feel! there were like 12-16 year olds auditioning with me & im 20 in korean age. they dont like old people. yeah.. they say no age limits but think about it. they trained most of their people for 5-6 years so they get them while they're still young.

Guest baybiifusion

aaahhh if only I liked SM Entertainment...but I'm 20, so I'm sure I'm too old. I'd find it kinda...odd if someone Japanese was debuted by SM though...I'd rather go for AVEX and come out in Japan.

I wish everyone here the best of luck! I'd love it if a Soompier made it in!!

there will be a big possibility that SM will debut that japanese person with Avex.

Guest ilove korea

Everyone who says that they want to try go try cuz it doesn't hurt. My best friend's grandparents know Lee Sooman from the same church but he's not that bad like when it's not auditioning and training stuff. He's just like that so you could show some development. So everyone who's trying Hwaiting(: (a/n: including me.)

Guest kim.haeyun

actually north korea and south korea have been going quite peacefully these days

they have a peace policy thing and they promised to help each other out when in need

haha i did a report on this

ehh?? north korea is pretty darn crazy..so..uhh..yea. the whole firing really crap missiles was really lame. why is this subject even brought up?? lol.

Guest SailorBoy62

Does anyone think that there will be another global audition next year?

Probably not. Since SM has stated that they're going to try to give out as many contracts as possible and since there are no age restrictions, they probably wouldn't have such a large scale global scouting for another maybe 4 or 5 years.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest manlytoe

hm... wow...

i'm asian, but a different kind... dunno if i would be accepted...

i'm not korean, chinese, japanese, thai, filipino, or a mixed

i am just different...

but i have dreamed about making it one day when i actually go to korea...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hero.n.Hakkuryuu

T_T they wont be holding another soon? I cant believe I didnt hear of this audition before. And I've always had my hopes on entering one. I wont make it to the NY audition in time either. sigh....my time limit is running out. already 18 this year. ARGHHHHH

• 4 weeks later...

i was just wondering..has anyone ever gone to korea and auditioned for sm before? i just wanted to know coz i might be goin over to korea at the end of the year and i was just curious about how they hold their auditions and what you need to prepare.

Archived