Auditions for SM

Guest sujukawaii

Guest Elee

I'm Filipino but I look Chinese

Would they rejext me because of that

lol..i was thinking of that..i dont look chinese, but i dont look filipino either..i look more mixed of asians...make sense?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest eumsung

hmmm i was planning to audition for SM when i go to korea at then end of the year and I'm korean... but just for fun.. i guess i should also go to other ents auditions too.. haha i'm so ambiguous about this

Guest Stelliejellie

All this takling about auditioning for SM is making me want to audition more than I wanted too...... T_____T

I have a question, how does the audition go???

Guest jjashik

age doesn't really matter.. the younger

the better.. btu not like 7 or 8 year olds.. i mean like

12 or 13.. yea.. cause you train and it

takes a couple of years.. unless

you get lucky like ryeowook..

Guest GingitsuneSpirit

age doesn't really matter.. the younger

the better.. btu not like 7 or 8 year olds.. i mean like

12 or 13.. yea.. cause you train and it

takes a couple of years.. unless

you get lucky like ryeowook..

and Yoochun lol. He only trained for 6 months before debuting right?

Guest Ella_Kwan

It's great that there is soooooooo much POSTIVE advice here but does anyone kown "audition" in SMtown the place goes? Like, i'm chinese & i plan to go to s.k & go to smtown in person but CAN i speak to them in ENGLISH? & SING IN ENGLISH? does any1 knoe be/c it's really bothering me... THANK YOU GUYS!!!! <33

NEVER SAY DIE!!!

Guest ulynn

I have a qustion, did you just send your voice on email or did you send a vid of you on email? i'm sorry if i seem nosy, lol... just reallly curious... thanks biggrin.gif

i just sent videos of dancing and stuff. =D

i think, english is fine. cause i wrote to them in eng. and the fisrt email was in chinese. and then they replied me with eng

Guest baybiifusion

what about koreans who don`t speak korea too well? that`s okay right, cuz they can always teach you? did they teach boA japenese?

that's right, as long as you're good enough for them to so-call 'invest' in you,

they help you master the languages, dance moves and your vocals.

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

yeah SM = mainly Korean, Japanese, Chinese, or mixed that look more asian.

how do i know this?

i know people in SM (trainees & managers & teachers)

not true.

they do fly out to the US to scout people.

i mean, IF YOU DIDN'T APPLY FOR SM ENTERTAINMENT at all... and you're just bumming at home waiting to be found... they aren't going to go up to your house and say.. WE WANT YOU!

i'm trying to motivate the others to try.. that's all

Im 13. asian (cambodian) and I want to try out to SM... think I have a chance to get in there..

Im a pretty decent english and korean rapper...and I know most of the choreography to the songs that SM produces like H.O.T., Kangta, TVXQ...etc songs..

You think I have a chance?

I thought the guy in your signature (the picture for your fanfix) was you. I was about to say... WOW YOU SHOULD TRY OUT with THAT face.---- wait are you female or male.

if you are a female- OMG A FEMALE RAPPER you should try.. maybe you're the next asian missy elliot =)

if you are a male- from what i see in your reply... i think you will get in.. maybe. well no harm in trying. AND YOU SHOULD TRY. :D

and Yoochun lol. He only trained for 6 months before debuting right?

not to be mean... but i think you could tell he only trained for 6 months. i mean he's hot and his deep voice is a good plus in the song...

but comparing to everyone else... -_- you could kinda tell

BUT I STILL LOVE MICKY YOOCHUN.. its just that.. i mean look at Xiah.. you can tell he's been train. also changmin and jaejoong. and not so much in the singing.. but look at U-know's dancing.. really good.

Guest shiftelement

Um, I speak fluent korean and english, because I was born in Korea, but brought up in the US. I also know how to pop and break dance. My singing is okay, not brilliant, but pretty good too (I'm a tenor range). Think I have a chance?

i heard that SM started to take sum other ppl that r not korean , japanese or chi...i dunno if its true

my un nee told me about it

Guest GingitsuneSpirit

shiftelement, I think you do.

I am 16 and I speak fluent Chinese and English (I'm sure I can learn Korean, considering the fact that I'm the top student in my French class). I sing opera, musical, powerful, upbeat, urban...any type of songs and I do a lot of dancing- some hiphop, ballroom, and ethnic dances. I also play the piano. Think I have a chance too?

~Gosh I sound so egoistic! I hate bragging T_T. Sorry! I really didn't exaggerate anything ^_^;; I just want to ask everyone if you think I should go for the auditions. :)

Guest xiahukno

SM has about just a handful of full chinese kids tehy are training right now like hangkyung. his name is ryu-something... his picture is floating around the web. if you go to CY and type in yuen-supsang (trainee in korean) then you'll get his picture along with all the other SM trainee's pictures. he's really cute (in a baby way) and young.

and all you half wahtever people... i think your time to break in teh business is coming.. ^^ its like the new rave right now in KOrea.

Guest Ella_Kwan

o0o0o THANKS GUYS FOR THE HELP W/ MY QUSTION.

And the fact that people are asking "DO I HAVE A CHANCE?" YEAH YOU ALL DO HAVE A CHANCE BUT ARE YOU AS AMAZING AS YOU SOUND. THATS THE THING.

Mad ppl on American Idol, say they can do this & that & then they end up not even making the first cut... you know what i mean?

SO YOU ALL HAVE A CHANCE BUT ARE YOU AS GREAT AS YOU MAKE YOUR SEKF TO BE? I SAY GO & TRY OUT & THEN FINE OUT! DONT LET ANYTHING HOLD YOU BACK! REMEMBER THAT!

Guest xkiseki

mandarin speakers? i think its because mandarin is the language mainly spoken by chinese so yeah. 4 or 5years ago? how old were you then? sory for asking

i must sound super duper old to you huh? actually i was 14 when i auditioned, it was right after BoA debuted i believe, and right after H.O.T. disbanded i think.

i remember singing S.E.S's Love and Tell Me. They kept speaking to me in mandarin even though i told them i spoke cantonese. Eventually the english speaking guy began talking to me instead. There was also a japanese guy. I auditioned when they decided to start looking for people to train to take over the Asian market, japanese/Chi/ Eng... blah blah blah. And when they decided to venture into acting and modeling, because my friends auditioned for acting and modeling while i did singing and dancing.

but honestly, SM does whatever the heck they want. SOme times they grab random people like Stephanie and Yoochun and just throw them into the spot light. Don't get me wrong i think they are talented, but some times SM decides to train people for years, and other times, they don't. It make sit seem as if they choose people as they see fit. But then again before they started this crazy mass audition they got going on. Lee Soo Man used to choose his stars by attending contests andf choosing the best of the best.

Jang Woo HYuk - Won a Dance contest

Hee Jun - I believe also won a sance contest

Bada - Singing contest

Stephanie- Ballerina, won a dance contest too i believe

Yoochun- Won a sining contest

Hyori & Kangta - Were both seen sining and dancing at Lotte World with their friends

HyeSung- Won a singing contest

^ As you can see,they didn't really audition

shiftelement, I think you do.

I am 16 and I speak fluent Chinese and English (I'm sure I can learn Korean, considering the fact that I'm the top student in my French class). I sing opera, musical, powerful, upbeat, urban...any type of songs and I do a lot of dancing- some hiphop, ballroom, and ethnic dances. I also play the piano. Think I have a chance too?

~Gosh I sound so egoistic! I hate bragging T_T. Sorry! I really didn't exaggerate anything ^_^;; I just want to ask everyone if you think I should go for the auditions. :)

Well.. I'm also fluent in both english and chinese, and i took four years of japanese, and can read and write in it. I took 2 years of korean and can also read and write in it, and i am currently taking mandarin. It's nice to be fluent, but SM people are weird, they are more focused on your dancing/singing and yoru over all image. Languages are not that improtant to them as much as marketibility is.

It's really hard to say who has a chance or not, but if you have talent. i say go for it, but go to school. College is GOOD. I go to college. Everyone should go to school, it's good for you. Now, I take vocal lessons as a hobby rather than reaching for the stars like i used to when i was in high school.

^ gosh i sound old

and btw. if you guys decide to audition for SM. Don't sing and dance to SM songs. TRust me, they are sick and tired of listening to the same thing over and over again. If you sing something else, they're more likely to be interested.

Guest bebe9wish

SM has about just a handful of full chinese kids tehy are training right now like hangkyung. his name is ryu-something... his picture is floating around the web. if you go to CY and type in yuen-supsang (trainee in korean) then you'll get his picture along with all the other SM trainee's pictures. he's really cute (in a baby way) and young.

and all you half wahtever people... i think your time to break in teh business is coming.. ^^ its like the new rave right now in KOrea.

really????????? i thought hankyung and the "chinese boa" are the only chinese people in sm......... so can anyone tell me how many chinese trainees are in sm right now??????????????? If there are many of them, then i shouldn't go bother audition at all since i'm near 21 and i have no skills in singing or dancing evenm though i can only speak english, cantonese, a little of japanese (without any chinese or english accent), a little of spanish (with a little of english accent) and i'm trying to learn korean now. But my Korean sucks since whenever i try to speak it, i have a strong english and chinese accent in the way.............

EDIT:

I forgot to add that i also speak a little of vietnamese (without any accent).....

Guest Stelliejellie

What's CY?

Guest mkdinh

what about viet kids huh? it'd be nice to have a vietnamese person audition and get in at SM haha.

i would audition.. but i suck. all i do is play guitar...and know how to say hi in korean XD

but its really interesting to see how they get in when they're so young.. gosh and i thought being in the "big industry" at the age of 18 is young..

Archived