[Variety] Good Sunday - Running Man 런닝맨

class="content-title" style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; border-image-source: initial; border-image-slice: initial; border-image-width: initial; border-image-outset: initial; border-image-repeat: initial; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"I'm so proud of Running Man!!!!!!!!!!!!! class="content-title" style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; border-image-source: initial; border-image-slice: initial; border-image-width: initial; border-image-outset: initial; border-image-repeat: initial; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"
class="content-title" style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; border-image-source: initial; border-image-slice: initial; border-image-width: initial; border-image-outset: initial; border-image-repeat: initial; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Lee Kwang Soo and Kim Jong Kook Rise Next to Kim Soo Hyun in China

Running Man” stars Lee Kwang Soo and Kim Jong Kook are so popular in China that they are right up there with actor Kim Soo Hyun, and with him, they are called the “third generation of Hallyu kings.”  

Lee Kwang Soo, also known as “Prince of Asia,” flew over to China on April 7 to film a Chinese dating reality show called “If You Love” and will be appearing alongside Chinese actress and model Lynn Hung, who placed second in China’s supermodel pageant. Currently the giraffe is ranked number one in terms of casting calls in China and is loved by many all over Asia.

Kim Jong Kook’s popularity is also skyrocketing in China. The director of his agency, Son Hyung Nam, states, “We even got a request from China to cast Kim Jong Kook as the main character of a movie.”

Moreover, the “Running Man” stars’ individual appearance fees are between a whopping 50 million won (approx. 46,000 USD) to one hundred million won (approx. 92,000 USD) per show.

Their rise in fame in China is all thanks in part to the immense popularity of the variety show “Running Man.” China even has their own version of the show, called “Hurry Up, Brother,” where Kim Jong Kook made a guest-appearance himself.

SOURCE

10 Revolutionary Concepts that Running Man Introduced to Variety/Game Shows

Running Man is one of the most revolutionary variety/game show in the world. You read that right, it is one of the most revolutionary in the game show in the world. In fact, the whole concept of the show is new. The closest competition it has is Infinite Challenge (IC) but not quite. IC's format does not require the members to "compete" every episode. Even in the US, there isn't an existing show that may be compared to Running Man.

It has introduced so many new concepts that will be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to surpass.From revolutionary concepts to advanced game executions, Running Man has definitely elevated variety game show in the world. I won't be surprised if Hollywood, one day, creates a show inspired by Running Man. In fact, there has never been a successful variety game-based show after Running Man simply because it is hard to surpass.

Below are the 10 things that Running Man created that has never been found in other variety shows in other countries.

HERE FOR FULL ARTICLE

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Dramas

8:45 PM

1. MBC Rosy Lovers 26.4

Variety

5:00 PM

1. KBS Return of Superman15.1
2. KBS 1 Night 2 Days 14.8
3. SBS K-Pop Star 4 11.4
4. MBC Real Man 10.5 
5. SBS Running Man 10.2
6. MBC Mask King 5.7 

9:00 PM

KBS Gag Concert 12.6

*All ratings are based on AGB Nielson Media Research

well done!!! this ep is epic!!! i just finished watching the chinese sub. OMG i am gonna rewatch it with eng sub.
thanks to all the ideas from fans around the world and i am esp proud that a fellow Singaporean's idea was chosen for the 1st game. Yong Hwa is simply amazing, watching him square off with Jong Kook is really something. he indeed is an ace guest.
the wonderful bell name tag game is back! the game that made RM so fun!!
Jung Il Woo, pls pls pls come back as guest often and soon.

Guest mellowmadya

i should not complaint about recent ep bcoz of name tag ripactually i love jongkook-kwangsoo combination

You know the show is in trouble when the fan's ideas are better than the current show. But great episode. The wolf game was great. I really want to see YH become a permanent member of RM. His battle with KJK was epic. The pencil game went on too long and the other games with JIW. I would have loved to see a longer version of the musical numbers game. The 3 vs 7 hide and seek game would have been better if Gary and YH didn't leave the game so early. The YJS team had no chance as they weren't finding the letters fast enough.

I loved, loved, loved this week's episode.  The games were fun and the guests were super into them, too.  It was just equal parts thrilling and fun, and I loved the energy and excitement in this week's episode.  Way to go fans!  So proud of everyone who recommended some super fun games for our Running Man family to play, and extra kudos to all who voted to bring back the running bell name tag race game.  Jung Il Woo was hella awesome at it, and I hope he'll be invited back and that his schedule allows for it.  I think he managed to impress even KJK with his competitive spirit.  ;)

honeywell said: You know the show is in trouble when the fan's ideas are better than the current show. But great episode. The wolf game was great. I really want to see YH become a permanent member of RM. His battle with KJK was epic. The pencil game went on too long and the other games with JIW. I would have loved to see a longer version of the musical numbers game. The 3 vs 7 hide and seek game would have been better if Gary and YH didn't leave the game so early. The YJS team had no chance as they were finding the letters fast enough.

Guest missluffy

Yonghwa is the real Running Man family, the 1st game is thrilling and the best,KJK is so funny wearing wolf mask. But the game vs JIW is too long so i'm little bit bored. Lee Hongki just laughing and laughing..i dont know why but Hongki and Yonghwa is less talk in this episode, that i know Hongki is talkactive personality and Yonghwa everytime as a guess he is really talk active. Gary is not on his best performance, he's just laughing, and also Haha. I think YJS team is not serious like KJK team.

Guest dinakustina159

@dzareth_8651 you were absolutely right.
i miss tuna noona Noh Sa-yeon noona,
every time she become guest, i always laugh....beside that i really admire Noh Sa-yeon noona.

Guest myheart2urs

It would have been more fun if they used a huge cue stick, since they had six members each team, they could have shown their great teamwork and strategy.

Sunday, April 18, 2015

Variety

5:00 PM

1. KBS Return of Superman17.5
2. KBS 1 Night 2 Days 16.2
3. MBC Real Man 12.9 
4. SBS Running Man 9.3
5. MBC Mask King 9.1 
6. SBS K-Pop Star 4 5.5

9:00 PM

KBS Gag Concert 13.5

*All ratings are based on AGB Nielson Media Research

Guest adikkeluangman

Actor Gong Yoo Makes Surprise Appearance on “Running Man”
While countless stars have appeared on “Running Man” as guests, some just pop up by coincidence, like actors Gong Yoo, Ma Dong Suk, and Jung Yoo Mi.
On the episode of SBS’s “Running Man” aired on April 19, Gong Yoo, Ma Dong Suk, and Jung Yoo Mi make a surprise appearance during their filming for the movie “To Busan.”
While the “Running Man” crew solve missions as usual, they spot the actors by total coincidence. Surprisingly delighted at the unexpected meeting, they greet each other fondly. Gong Yoo explains that they are in the middle of filming a movie.
CC8tPXPUkAAAb49.jpg

Soon afterwards, Ji Suk Jin asks Ma Dong Suk, “Please visit ‘Running Man’ one day and squash Kim Jong Gook.”
When Yoo Jae Suk references Gong Yoo’s previous movie “Secret Reunion” when joking that the two are part of a secret union, the actor laughs while saying, “You can just walk out of here and leave.”
Meanwhile, on this epsidoe of “Running Man,” Jang Soo Won, Gang Gyun Sung, Son Ho Joon, Hong Jong Hyun, and Yoo Byung Jae appear as guests to explore hot and trendy locations.
http://www.soompi.com/2015/04/19/actor-gong-yoo-makes-surprise-appearance-on-running-man/

Guest mellowmadya

i want to see more gong yoo interaction w/ jongkooki mean he know YEH, right?actually i just want to see her on this show

finally got wish for jung il woo to appear in running man... though am 2 episodes behind. :) all the contributions from around the world were spot on and awesome. and the bell hide and seek came back. 
lks not finding anyone except for jsj who's already out and hongki... priceless... at least his overacting has been toned down. still luff him though oa or not. 

Guest Rein.

Is anyone else having errors when going to watch running man on kshowonline?
Nevermind, I can get into it now. They announced that currently, somehow Running Man is blocked. Mods are trying to fix it.