[Variety] Good Sunday - Running Man 런닝맨

Well it wasn't snob at all...KG offer was really useless. She already took all the punishment so what was the point of offering the help for tha last one? Her "no" was because of that and that's why the members laughed. Meybe you felt sorry for KG that's why you call that moment "awkard". Also HH and YJS could have not said what they said if it wasn't for SJH's comment.

You are turning the points of the discussion as good as they can get for you...."i said this, i didn't say that... " just how many times have you said that? Don't you think that if a lot of people and many times misunderstood your comments than that must be something wrong with your comments? Or maybe you can't have a coherent opinion ( yeah yeah...you can say i'm attacking you. Well i'm referring to your comments not to you personally)?

I can't believe i spent those 2-3 hours trying to explain to you....

i don't feel sorry for KG. the guys drives a Bentley and just released an all kill album he didn't even promote that much. it was a snob. she could have said "thank you, i'll do it." and we all know how politeness matter in Korea. the laughter was a reaction to the Gary being embarrassed and turned down. 

SJH"s comment was really just a comment. a quirp. HH and YJS managed to create something out of it. 

just because many people believe the same thing or interpret something the same way makes them right. John Lennon was castigated by the whole world for something he said. it wasn't until 30 years later that it was proven he was misinterpreted.  what matters is what can be proven. you "interpret" what i say. I am asking that i be quoted directly so that things remain accurate. 

that's why we are discussing using concrete support. i have so far been consistent with what i say. 

as for me not having a coherent opinion, i will not stoop to that level. i will stick with events. 

The event was that the members laughing could not see his "embarrassed" face, being behind him...YJS who was in front of him, begun to laugh before he made that face. Those are facts, sentiments such as embarrassment are only interpretation. As an interpretation was the "embarrassing" word given as a caption by editors.

Also as i said, if SJH even attempts to seem arrogant in order to be funny as in this one, there will be some as yourself who would not accept that behaviour and comment it as snob!

Well, I'll just end my comments saying I'm happy i find more funny moments than some others because i can laugh more. i'm sorry for those who missed those moments, who can't fully appreciate or just don't want to.

This said, i'm sure we'll continue to support RM, the only thing that connect us RM fans (as far as we know) and that should be enough.

I, just like @klent, didn’t find Song Ji Hyo to be entertaining enough. She might have her moments, but it’s very few and very far between, like once every 50 episodes or more. Not a good thing for an entertainer in an entertainment show.

Apparently, the production crew also think the same. That’s why she didn’t have much screen time; because she isn’t entertaining enough. She is almost completely edited out in every episode, and only got 2-3 minutes out of 90 minutes (there are some exception, but it’s very few and very far between).

During the earlier episodes (circa 2010), the members screen times were more or less balanced amongst each other (except Yoo Jae Suk, of course). But, as time goes on, the balance broke and some members start to get more and more screen time and some get less and less screen time.

Whenever she got paired with a guest, there is a 99% chance of the pair will not show on screen much, unless the guest itself is very good at variety. This is opposite of what it should be; as a fixed member of five years, it is her job to lead her partners and make them shine, not the other way around.

The event was that the members laughing could not see his "embarrassed" face, being behind him...YJS who was in front of him, begun to laugh before he made that face. Those are facts, sentiments such as embarrassment are only interpretation. As an interpretation was the "embarrassing" word given as a caption by editors.

Also as i said, if SJH even attempts to seem arrogant in order to be funny as in this one, there will be some as yourself who would not accept that behaviour and comment it as snob!

Well, I'll just end my comments saying I'm happy i find more funny moments than some others because i can laugh more. i'm sorry for those who missed those moments, who can't fully appreciate or just don't want to.

This said, i'm sure we'll continue to support RM, the only thing that connect us RM fans (as far as we know) and that should be enough.

They don't need to see KG's face to know it was embarrassing. Again, the polite way to reject in Korea is say "no thank you". Ji Hyo didn't say that. KG is older and they are not close yet that time. It was an impolite way to say it especially to someone who is older and you just know barely. That's a fact and not an interpretation of a culture. 

Again, i did say that i agree that what you find funny may not be funny to me. Ji Hyo did say in her interviews that it wasn't until after 2 years did she start feeling comfortable and joke around with the cast.  

I am glad that you find more funny moments, i hope you continue to find more fun. and i am glad you will continue to support RM. fighing!

During the earlier episodes (circa 2010), the members screen times were more or less balanced amongst each other (except Yoo Jae Suk, of course). But, as time goes on, the balance broke and some members start to get more and more screen time and some get less and less screen time.

sorry to cut your comment but yes, the balance is now broken. it used to be that when a member gets less screen time in one episode, they will make up for it in the next. that's not the same way anymore. there are simply other members that are just too darn good at variety i guess. let's not talk about YJS, of course. but like Haha, he has been around YJS and is a member if IC too. he is just honed better. 

oh well...

Poor jihyo.. but i also find that she's awkward to watch. She survive the show thanks to support from other members, her luck n monday couple moment. Im not a fan of her, but still i feel offended reading all those hurtful comment about her as if she didnt contribute anything to the show. 

But guys, have you watched ep273? I couldnt finish watching it and as expected, the rating hit the lowest figure this yr.. too bad after few great eps ( but still the rating werent good). 

sorry to cut your comment but yes, the balance is now broken. it used to be that when a member gets less screen time in one episode, they will make up for it in the next. that's not the same way anymore. there are simply other members that are just too darn good at variety i guess. let's not talk about YJS, of course. but like Haha, he has been around YJS and is a member if IC too. he is just honed better. 

oh well...

Every one talents are different. Only Yoo Jae Suk can be Yoo Jae Suk, despite lots of people claiming to be a Yoo Jae Suk. 

Certain members' just too good at variety, while some are just so-so and some are barely there.

• Like 1

Guest Tinkiebell

Hello,

I see that there has been a somewhat "heated" discussion in this thread about SJH in the past few pages.

Just a friendly reminder to all posters involved in the discussion ( @mary-ann , @klent , @tushe0511 , @wizzard )

Please respect each other’s opinions, even if they clash with your own. Disagreements and debates are fine, You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But don’t make it personal.  Please avoid name calling, ad hominem attacks, responding to a post's tone instead of its actual content, and knee-jerk contradictions. Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation. 

In general, please be nice and treat each other with the same level of respect you would expect in return. 

Thank you. 

Edited by Tinkiebell

I didn't intend to be rude, since that's a way to say "saying something absurd"... (let me edit my post) I don't remember HH, LKS or KJK being a host on RM. Could you give me an example? I remember that one episode with Park Ji Sung where none of them were able to host even though they should have since YJS wasn't there (ep.97).

I can give some examples of other members such as Kim Jong Kook, Ha Ha and Lee Kwang Soo being a host on Running Man

1. Kim Jong Kook, Ha Ha and Lee Kwang Soo ‘snatched’ the MC position from Yoo Jae Suk during the opening of Episode 183.
  2. Kim Jong Kook became the MC for a segment in Episode 205 (the part time job segment).
  3. Gary emceed a segment in Episode 149.
  4. Lee Kwang Soo emceed a segment in Episode 14 (where he became the drill sergeant).
  5. Ji Suk Jin and Kim Jong Kook commentating during the alkaggi game of Episode 210.

SJH is not a comedian nor is she a tvshows host....

Actually, she is a tv shows host.

1. She co-hosted SBS’s weekly live music show Inkigayo from 11 November 2007 to 4 May 2008.
  2. also co-hosted SBS’s TV Entertaintment Tonight from 2010 to 2011.
  3. In 2014, she hosted SBS’s Gayo Daejon.

I didn't intend to be rude, since that's a way to say "saying something absurd"... (let me edit my post) I don't remember HH, LKS or KJK being a host on RM. Could you give me an example? I remember that one episode with Park Ji Sung where none of them were able to host even though they should have since YJS wasn't there (ep.97).

I can give some examples of other members such as Kim Jong Kook, Ha Ha and Lee Kwang Soo being a host on Running Man

1. Kim Jong Kook, Ha Ha and Lee Kwang Soo ‘snatched’ the MC position from Yoo Jae Suk during the opening of Episode 183.
  2. Kim Jong Kook became the MC for a segment in Episode 205 (the part time job segment).
  3. Gary emceed a segment in Episode 149.
  4. Lee Kwang Soo emceed a segment in Episode 14 (where he became the drill sergeant).
  5. Ji Suk Jin and Kim Jong Kook commentating during the alkaggi game of Episode 210.

SJH is not a comedian nor is she a tvshows host....

Actually, she is a tv shows host.

1. She co-hosted SBS’s weekly live music show Inkigayo from 11 November 2007 to 4 May 2008.
  2. also co-hosted SBS’s TV Entertaintment Tonight from 2010 to 2011.
  3. In 2014, she hosted SBS’s Gayo Daejon.

We feel completely different on the matter, I would not watch the show if it wasn't for SJH, she for me is the only member that draws me in to watch the show, her presence is that important, and I know many of my friends who feel the exact same way,  that aside many spartacer, mondaycouplefans, kwangmong fans etc. look specifically forward to her moments, that's why many different  fansites get updated every week with her moment despite not always getting much screentime. isn't that amazing she get's millions of peoples attention each week even when she doesn't say much, because we love and support and enjoy watching her for who she is, and don't want her to change in anyway!

For me and many people she is the highlight of show in every single episode and that's just a fact you have too deal with!

Edited by mary-ann

@wizzard  Ep. 183 i really don't know what moment you are referring to! Could you give me the exact time? (it's the fortune teller episode, right?). And ep.149 too..

ep. 205 KJK became the mc because he was the only one to pass the turn, in fact YJS snatched the position right when he pass the turn (but he already couldn't stay quite even being in "the house". That's the same reason for ep. 210, because YJS wasn't avaible.

I wanted some examples when those members are mc-ing without looking clumsy, arrogant, childish, "stupid", "seducers" and without snatching YJS positions (or their sunbae's position), that's what i was looking for.

As for the SJH mc-ing, those are music shows....she doesn't have to improvise in there. She just have to read the script, just to ask what she's been told to ask.

@wizzard  Ep. 183 i really don't know what moment you are referring to! Could you give me the exact time? (it's the fortune teller episode, right?). And ep.149 too..

For Episode 183, it was when Yoo Jae Suk mistakenly said Im Si Wan has come guesting for a few times, when it was his second time only.

For Episode 149, it was when they play the piggy back game.

ep. 205 KJK became the mc because he was the only one to pass the turn, in fact YJS snatched the position right when he pass the turn (but he already couldn't stay quite even being in "the house". That's the same reason for ep. 210, because YJS wasn't avaible.

Doesn't matter much, because KJK did emcee'd that segment in Episode 205 succesfully without any awkwardness at all.

In Episode 210, after Yoo Jae Suk was available, Ji Suk Jin still co-hosting the segment with him.

Although if you want to consider it that way, then Yoo Jae Suk snatched the position from Ji Hyo in Episode 176 (multiple times); Lee Kwang Soo, Ha Ha and Yoo Jae Suk snacthed the position from Ji Hyo during the opening of Episode 236, Min Woo of Shinhwa snatched it from Ji Hyo (again) during the mud game of Episode 236.

I wanted some examples when those members are mc-ing without looking clumsy, arrogant, childish, "stupid", "seducers" and without

snatching

YJS positions (or their sunbae's position), that's what i was looking for.

It took great comedic timing just to snatch Yoo Jae Suk's position. In other shows, many people tried to be the MC while Yoo Jae Suk is present and despite being designated as the MCs, they failed to do so. Yoo Jae Suk's emceeing skills are just on another level compared to others. Even other top mcs like Kang Ho Dong and Shin Dong Yup looks like babies next to Yoo Jae Suk. 

Furthermore, usually when Yoo Jae Suk emcees, other members (san Ji Hyo) always act like secondary or supporting mcs. Just like episodes 271 & 272 when the members (san Ji Hyo, again) offering infos and tibits of the guest Yoo Jae Suk is interviewing.

As for the SJH mc-ing, those are music shows....she doesn't have to improvise in there. She just have to read the script, just to ask what she's been told to ask.

Yoo Jae Suk can emcee without scripts in music shows. Just watch how he control both the crowd and the performers in Infinity Challenges Music Festivals. Lee Kwang Soo did some ad-libbing when he guest hosting Inkigayo.

For Episode 183, it was when Yoo Jae Suk mistakenly said Im Si Wan has come guesting for a few times, when it was his second time only.

That's episode 182...yes, there was an attempt to mc, and that's all...an attempt, they were only asking and answering by themselves.

Doesn't matter much, because KJK did emcee'd that segment in Episode 205 succesfully without any awkwardness at all.

For you it doesn't matter, for me it does a lot!

In Episode 210, after Yoo Jae Suk was available, Ji Suk Jin still co-hosting the segment with him.

exactly....WITH YJS (them being the sunbaes...it's quit normal, also they were just commenting the game)

Although if you want to consider it that way, then Yoo Jae Suk snatched the position from Ji Hyo in Episode 176 (multiple times); Lee Kwang Soo, Ha Ha and Yoo Jae Suk snacthed the position from Ji Hyo during the opening of Episode 236, Min Woo of Shinhwa snatched it from Ji Hyo (again) during the mud game of Episode 236.

They didn't because she's not the host! She's a member who sometimes (or rarely, as you wish) hosts

I wanted some examples when those members are mc-ing without looking clumsy, arrogant, childish, "stupid", "seducers" and without

snatching

It took great comedic timing just to snatch Yoo Jae Suk's position. In other shows, many people tried to be the MC while Yoo Jae Suk is present and despite being designated as the MCs, they failed to do so. Yoo Jae Suk's emceeing skills are just on another level compared to others. Even other top mcs like Kang Ho Dong and Shin Dong Yup looks like babies next to Yoo Jae Suk. 

Yeah yeah...basically you are agreeing with me! They were using those characteristics that i said to snatch (but they have just attempted to do so...never successfully) that position. Now tell me, wouldn't she give an image as rude by doing so? Or wouldn't she look comedic by doing so?? As an actress, that isn't that great!

Furthermore, usually when Yoo Jae Suk emcees, other members (san Ji Hyo) always act like secondary or supporting mcs. Just like episodes 271 & 272 when the members (san Ji Hyo, again) offering infos and tibits of the guest Yoo Jae Suk is interviewing.

Yoo Jae Suk can emcee without scripts in music shows. Just watch how he control both the crowd and the performers in Infinity Challenges Music Festivals. Lee Kwang Soo did some ad-libbing when he guest hosting Inkigayo.

That's exactly what i wanted to say...because YJS is originally a MC while SJH was being an actress temporarily reading scripts (confirming that she doesn't want to be a mc but just host sometimes...or rarely, as you wish).

I'm not saying that she's a great host, she's not! But she is definitely funny. Her jumping from the Macau tower was also funny because the guys were afraid to do so...her feeling sleepy with that heigh was also funny because YJS and LKS were "trembling". She scolding Myeok PD was funny, she "scolding" JSJ is funny (she was not being rude because she was fulfilling his character). She committing fault on KJK (office game) was funny, breaking bricks is also funny, being clumsy while dancing, being afraid of bugs while she's fearless; sleeping on the jenga...really, that are a lot a lot funny moments! Also i keep saying that her being herself gives others opportunity to be funny.

• Like 2

We feel completely different on the matter, I would not watch the show if it wasn't for SJH, she for me is the only member that draws me in to watch the show, her presence is that important, and I know many of my friends who feel the exact same way,  that aside many spartacer, mondaycouplefans, kwangmong fans etc. look specifically forward to her moments, that's why many different  fansites get updated every week with her moment despite not always getting much screentime. isn't that amazing she get's millions of peoples attention each week even when she doesn't say much, because we love and support and enjoy watching her for who she is, and don't want her to change in anyway!

For me and many people she is the highlight of show in every single episode and that's just a fact you have too deal with!

I ask again, if she has that many fans, why are most of her works flop? Her biggest hit is mediocre in industry standards. Just wondering. 

i do believe what you said though. many people watch the show because of her. it's just a question how significant that "many" is. and i guess we'll  never know unless it happens. 

That's episode 182...yes, there was an attempt to mc, and that's all...an attempt, they were only asking and answering by themselves.

For you it doesn't matter, for me it does a lot!

exactly....WITH YJS (them being the sunbaes...it's quit normal, also they were just commenting the game)

They didn't because she's not the host! She's a member who sometimes (or rarely, as you wish) hosts

snatching

Yeah yeah...basically you are agreeing with me! They were using those characteristics that i said to snatch (but they have just attempted to do so...never successfully) that position. Now tell me, wouldn't she give an image as rude by doing so? Or wouldn't she look comedic by doing so?? As an actress, that isn't that great!

That's exactly what i wanted to say...because YJS is originally a MC while SJH was being an actress temporarily reading scripts (confirming that she doesn't want to be a mc but just host sometimes...or rarely, as you wish).

I'm not saying that she's a great host, she's not! But she is definitely funny. Her jumping from the Macau tower was also funny because the guys were afraid to do so...her feeling sleepy with that heigh was also funny because YJS and LKS were "trembling". She scolding Myeok PD was funny, she "scolding" JSJ is funny (she was not being rude because she was fulfilling his character). She committing fault on KJK (office game) was funny, breaking bricks is also funny, being clumsy while dancing, being afraid of bugs while she's fearless; sleeping on the jenga...really, that are a lot a lot funny moments! Also i keep saying that her being herself gives others opportunity to be funny.

attempting to MC and failing doesn't count as MCing. it just counts as trying. i do believe she works hard at it though. 

being a co-host in running man isn't just about interviewing guests or introducing guests. it's about starting conversations, creating a avenue to have a conversation, creating avenues for the guests or other members of the show to talk or have an activity. 

each member of the Running Man should co-host and they all try. Ji Hyo hasn't quite succeeded yet. But she's still on the show. Let's not lose hope. 

As for the Macau tower. I didn't find her funny then. she was bad@ss yeah. a tough woman. fearless and bold. but not funny TO ME.you find that funny, that's cool.  jenga wasn't funny until YJS turned it to a funny situation TO ME. bricks was just her being an ace TO ME and are the rest of the things you mentioned. again, that's how I SEE it. it's cool that you find it funny. i'm glad. 

when she scolded Myuk PD, it was set up by another PD and Myuk PD too.  many things go behind the scene of Running Man that we audience don't see. the PDs don't just sit around and let the members do their thing. This is a "science" for them. lots of behavioral analysis.  

But guys, have you watched ep273? I couldnt finish watching it and as expected, the rating hit the lowest figure this yr.. too bad after few great eps ( but still the rating werent good). 

i think the rating is gravely affected by Return of Superman. the preview showed the Song Triplets (the most popular children on the show) doing a volcanic experiment. the triplets are known for being smart (and dang cute). and the father (Song Il Kook) is known for setting up great activities for the kids so it was highly anticipated. 

plus, the Lee twins (the second most popular 3 years old Korean age) had a "sweet" moment where one searched a restaurant for the food the other one liked. It pulled so many people in because those are sincere moments between kids. 

this weeks RM episode was okay but Return of Superman is just too good right now. there are rumors that the song triplets might exit the show next year as they are growing up and are realizing their public status. Song Il Kook he wants his kids to enjoy living a private life and if they want to enter the entertainment industry, it will have to be later. if that happens, RM might regain the audience they lost. 

I ask again, if she has that many fans, why are most of her works flop? Her biggest hit is mediocre in industry standards. Just wondering. 

i do believe what you said though. many people watch the show because of her. it's just a question how significant that "many" is. and i guess we'll  never know unless it happens. 

First of all most of her projects WERE succesful, especially overseas, if you think otherwise that's your personal view, but she won many awards for them, and many of her dramas won many awards too, additionally her dramas/movies are well known and veeery loved by overseas K-drama lovers like myself, because her acting really makes a statement, it's natural and easy to relate to, and she doesn't look very korean/asian so she is very easy for europeans like myself to remember, My friends who are not into korean dramas/movies at all and usually never watch them, already knew who SJH was from her past projects as actress, when i told them in which project she appeared, and they don't even watch many korean movies. Also you have to remember that when people/fans overseas like myself watch her movies/dramas we don't watch them on the main channel but on the net, so our views are not counted. 

This discussion is getting out of topic so i think i will end it here, but if you insist of dragging this discussion further you can write a pm, as long as you write in a non-provocative way!

Edited by mary-ann
  • Like 1

attempting to MC and failing doesn't count as MCing. it just counts as trying. i do believe she works hard at it though. 

being a co-host in running man isn't just about interviewing guests or introducing guests. it's about starting conversations, creating a avenue to have a conversation, creating avenues for the guests or other members of the show to talk or have an activity. 

each member of the Running Man should co-host and they all try. Ji Hyo hasn't quite succeeded yet. But she's still on the show. Let's not lose hope. 

As for the Macau tower. I didn't find her funny then. she was bad@ss yeah. a tough woman. fearless and bold. but not funny TO ME.you find that funny, that's cool.  jenga wasn't funny until YJS turned it to a funny situation TO ME. bricks was just her being an ace TO ME and are the rest of the things you mentioned. again, that's how I SEE it. it's cool that you find it funny. i'm glad. 

when she scolded Myuk PD, it was set up by another PD and Myuk PD too.  many things go behind the scene of Running Man that we audience don't see. the PDs don't just sit around and let the members do their thing. This is a "science" for them. lots of behavioral analysis.  

There must be some natural law on what co-hosting is about...and some people seem to know it all!

The Macau tower....i said it was ALSO funny (it was everything you said but also funny because you can see the males made a "poor figure" because males are supposed to be the fearless one, saving the females! Even LDW was feeling "bad" because it took him a lot of time to decide to jump)...same thing about the bricks, that's why the others laughed (or were they laughing because she was the ace?????). Jenga wasn't funny until YJS....yeah yeah, but she set up the moment! If it wasn't for her being a sleepy head that moment (a memorable one) could not have occured!! People remember that moment because she was sleeping there NOT because of what YJS said. I'm sure if it was KG or any other you would have looked at it differently.

About Myeok PD, just how do you know it was set up??? Like really....you can even see Cho PD's face when she was approaching Myeok PD and he was suprised. Also.. it is always a "set up" for her but not for the others??? Only those who have worked there can tell what was set up and what not and as far as i know you're not one of them. But seems like the final "defense" is always "the PD made her this, made her that" as if we mere spectators could really know...really now!!!!

Sorry, but i'm not going to answer anymore!

First of all most of her projects WERE succesful, especially overseas, if you think otherwise that's your personal view, but she won many awards for them, and many of her dramas won many awards too, additionally her dramas/movies are well known and veeery loved by overseas K-drama lovers like myself, because her acting really makes a statement, it's natural and easy to relate to, and she doesn't look very korean/asian so she is very easy for europeans like myself to remember, My friends who are not into korean dramas/movies at all and usually never watch them, already knew who SJH was from her past projects as actress, when i told them in which project she appeared, and they don't even watch many korean movies. Also you have to remember that when people overseas like myself watch her movies/dramas we don't watch them on the main channel but on the net, so our views are not counted. 

This discussion is getting out of topic so i think i will end it here!

It is not my opinion. It's what the numbers say.

Do you have numbers to prove that her works were successful? Just wondering. I'd love to know more. Knowing is always good. 

I already posted some stats in my other replies. I just don't want to make claims without providing actual numbers. Why was EC only syndicated to 10 countries? Why was FF medicore in Box Office? Why was EX GF Club not syndicated and rated so low in Korea? Why did Benefit drop her? You know... hard numbers. 

I have also discussed how the industry works in terms of how producers get their Return of Investment so I won't repeat that but just as so it's clear that it has already been explained.

Again, I never said she's not popular. I just contextualized the popularity. 

First of all most of her projects WERE succesful, especially overseas, if you think otherwise that's your personal view, but she won many awards for them, and many of her dramas won many awards too, additionally her dramas/movies are well known and veeery loved by overseas K-drama lovers like myself, because her acting really makes a statement, it's natural and easy to relate to, and she doesn't look very korean/asian so she is very easy for europeans like myself to remember, My friends who are not into korean dramas/movies at all and usually never watch them, already knew who SJH was from her past projects as actress, when i told them in which project she appeared, and they don't even watch many korean movies. Also you have to remember that when people overseas like myself watch her movies/dramas we don't watch them on the main channel but on the net, so our views are not counted. 

This discussion is getting out of topic so i think i will end it here!

It is not my opinion. It's what the numbers say.

Do you have numbers to prove that her works were successful? Just wondering. I'd love to know more. Knowing is always good. 

I already posted some stats in my other replies. I just don't want to make claims without providing actual numbers. Why was EC only syndicated to 10 countries? Why was FF medicore in Box Office? Why was EX GF Club not syndicated and rated so low in Korea? Why did Benefit drop her? You know... hard numbers. 

I have also discussed how the industry works in terms of how producers get their Return of Investment so I won't repeat that but just as so it's clear that it has already been explained.

Again, I never said she's not popular. I just contextualized the popularity. 

yes i have numbers and you have them too if you did a little research on her past projects, but i will help you a bit: here are some quotes:

"Princess Hours was one of MBC's most popular dramas of 2006, second only to Jumong.[2] Overall, the show was the tenth most popular drama of 2006, according to TNS Media. Due to its success, a spin-off series, Prince Hours, was broadcast in 2007"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Hours

Both Princess hour and Jumong were both dramas she appeared in, both ranked among the most popular seriesses in those years, if you research her other works like Frozen Flower it's a classic among historical romance drama fans, just like her movie Wishing Stairs is a classic in the horror movie genre, you can ofcourse find more if you did a research youself!

(As a sidenote, Song ji hyo is now the main model of Banila Co,  and she  is looking absolutely stunning on their website and in the recent magazines released)

http://www.banilaco.com/main/main.do

This really is getting out of topic, i'm not sure i'm going to answer much more, so if you want to continue this discussion you are welcome to do it in more appropriate places!

Edited by mary-ann

Guest Tinkiebell

Yep, this discussion about Song Ji Hyo is straying further and further away outside the boundaries of the subject matter of this thread, which is about Running Man, the show. So please stay on topic and keep the discussion strictly about the show or Song Ji Hyo's performance WITHIN the show. 

Song Ji Hyo has her own thread here in Soompi, Any specific discussion about Song Ji Hyo, be it her popularity or her accomplishments on other shows can be done there.

You may also continue your discussion in PM, but please be aware that Soompi's rule regarding disruptive content/behaviour is valid for private messages as well. So, should you decide to continue your discussion in private messages, please make sure to keep it civilized there as well. Respect each other.

Thank you.

Edited by Tinkiebell