Official Android Phones Thread

Guest WitchGoddess

Guest Tonyc402

please help me!!!

i want to change my alert tone to a customized one but i don't know how to...

im usisng samsung fascinate...thank you

Hmm... assuming its probably the same like my HTC Nexus one , if you go into your sd card in your computer and go to media --> audio--> notification , you can drop it in there then go to your notification settings and change it. Again im only assuming its the same setup since they are both android. If not im not sure . I heard ringdroid app can do it.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... assuming its probably the same like my HTC Nexus one , if you go into your sd card in your computer and go to media --> audio--> notification , you can drop it in there then go to your notification settings and change it. Again im only assuming its the same setup since they are both android. If not im not sure . I heard ringdroid app can do it.

thank you!! i ended up downloading the app and it works =)

Guest High Kick

just to add, you have to manually create the folders in your sd card for android to recognize it.

in your sd card, just create a folder and name it notifications

in your sd card, just create a folder and name it ringtones

in your sd card, just create a folder and name it alarms

etc.

Does anyone use Vignette demo? It's a great camera app if you love toy camera and retro polaroid effects! Been using it like crazy on my Galaxy.

Wondering if I should bother rooting my phone since I don't know what I'd get out of it.

^i have the full vignette :) it's probably my favorite camera app...i like how you can tap the screen to take a picture because i have horrible aim for self cams when theres a specific button you need to press and the dedicated came button is a bit too close to the corner, so im scared of dropping my phone...which i've already done twice :x

i can confirm that ringdroid can set custom audio to alarm or do you mean notification as alert?  well ringdroid should work and its free in the market

^i have the full vignette :) it's probably my favorite camera app...i like how you can tap the screen to take a picture because i have horrible aim for self cams when theres a specific button you need to press and the dedicated came button is a bit too close to the corner, so im scared of dropping my phone...which i've already done twice :x

i can confirm that ringdroid can set custom audio to alarm or do you mean notification as alert?  well ringdroid should work and its free in the market

Yeh I just bought it today. I love that about it too and the macro feature is pretty nifty too!

^ how much more features does the full version have?

I have the demo and I like it. But I find it troublesome to change the effects because I can't see a preview. :(

^ how much more features does the full version have?

I have the demo and I like it. But I find it troublesome to change the effects because I can't see a preview. :(

The main thing for me is being able to take pictures at a higher resolution because I could only do something like 0.3 megapixels before. I've discovered that you can change the white balance, take macro pics etc. since I bought it too but I'm not sure if that's because of the full version or I just didn't notice it on the demo version before. Either way, it was still pretty cheap and jazzes up what would normally be lame mobile phone pics quite well. :)

Guest Bella46

I just got the MyTouch 4g and I LOOOOOOVE it~!!

But it came pre-downloaded with all kinds of games, yahoo messenger, etc. that I don't want.

I tried the uninstaller app. and the option to uninstall those apps are null.

Anyone know how to take em off ;(?

Guest tian`tian

I just got the MyTouch 4g and I LOOOOOOVE it~!!

But it came pre-downloaded with all kinds of games, yahoo messenger, etc. that I don't want.

I tried the uninstaller app. and the option to uninstall those apps are null.

Anyone know how to take em off ;(?

You have to root your phone.

I have the Samsung Vibrant. My first smart phone!! And I love it! ^_^ I know there probably are a lot of flaws to it that people can point out - not fast enough, not 4G, etc etc. But for my usage it does everything that I need. :) The battery life isn't bad either. The first two days I had it it was dreadful but over the past month it's gotten a lot better. Can last a day and a half on average, sometimes more sometimes less depending on how much I use it for media/web.

I'm too scared to root the phone in case I kill it...somehow...or delete everything. So I have all those awful preloaded junk apps.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I was also wondering. Now that with the upgrade the phone has it's own task manager which can be accessed on the Vibrant by holding the home button (rather quickly) and killing open apps, is it necessary to have ATK as well? I had ATK for a while, but with the task manager (which is preloaded now and cannot be deleted) is it just duplicating a function the phone already has?

Guest stere0xide

Advanced task killer just gets redundant if you have a Vibrant since it already has on built in, ATK can also screw up the refresh of your widgets and sometimes system apps so I would not use it.

As for rooting there's more painless ways to root z4root on the Market works well on most phones and using Titanium Backup (also found on the Market) you can easily delete useless system apps.

Just some suggestions =]

Guest cinnamoroll

Has anyone used their Droid phone overseas? I want to get a Droid to go overseas.

Or do you have any suggestions for overseas phones? I'm going to China. Or should I just use my super kindergarten Chinese and try to get a phone there??

Has anyone used their Droid phone overseas? I want to get a Droid to go overseas.

Or do you have any suggestions for overseas phones? I'm going to China. Or should I just use my super kindergarten Chinese and try to get a phone there??

You could get Droid 2 Global.

Advanced task killer just gets redundant if you have a Vibrant since it already has on built in, ATK can also screw up the refresh of your widgets and sometimes system apps so I would not use it.

As for rooting there's more painless ways to root z4root on the Market works well on most phones and using Titanium Backup (also found on the Market) you can easily delete useless system apps.

Just some suggestions =]

Do you know if ATK does anything negative in terms of refreshing background tasks when you don't have it set to auto kill tasks? I use it to kill the annoying apps mostly

Strangely for me Titanium Backup doesnt see my phone as rooted. Might have been my method of doing it, I basically have a stock kernel with root privileges unlike those custom kernels out there. I guess similar to the one click root which doesn't work on my phone.

Guest stere0xide

awdark what phone do you have? and what form of super user granting program do you have on your phone? You may want to check for an updated version, most of them have the update function built in.

As for an alternative to ATK i would suggest autokiller, its needs root and will adjust the way you phone automatically kills tasks according to the preset you choose, thus preventing and killing of tasks that is required by android. Give it a try its free on the market.

I have a Samsung Intercept, I used rageagainstthecage to give me temporary root access then entered a few scripts through the ADB shell in order to use a Samsung Moment root hack that is compatible with the Intercept (intercept is like version 2 of the moment)

On Android 2.1 I can do wifi tether and manually uninstalled some of the preinstalled programs so I actually don't worry about running programs anymore. I used to hate seeing the Amazon MP3 store in the list but now that its removed from the phone I never see it running so I don't mind. I also installed Adfree which is beyond awesome to get rid of ads. Surprisingly it takes care of ads globally so even apps dont have ads :sweatingbullets:

Archived