[Variety] Win Win 승승장구

Guest lucky_moon

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest randomnumb3r

endeavor. said: class="ks_article_title" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 7px; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"Actor Cha Tae Hyun’s Effect: ‘Win Win’ Rises In Viewer Ratings And Beats ‘Strong Heart’
JULY 25, 2012 6:59 AM EDT | BY KOREAPORTAL STAFF WRITER

• 2 weeks later...

class="cat_article_title"Kim Jong Min, “Father drowned when I was 18…I blamed him…”kim_jong_min_win_win_121016.jpg

Kim Jong Min mentioned his father for the first time.

Kim Jong Min appeared on the October 16th installment of KBS 2TV’s ‘Kim Seung Woo’s Seungseung Jang Gu’ (aka, ‘Win Win’) with MC’s Kim Seung Woo, Tak Jae Hoon, and Lee Soo Geun.

On the program, Kim Jong Min opened up to say, “My father passed away suddenly when I was 18 years old.”

Kim Jong Min said remembering, “My father was a taxi driver then he wrapped that up to open a sashimi restaurant by the seaside. There was a high tide and he had an accident trying to park. My uncle was in the car too but because the force of the water was so strong they couldn’t get my father out.”

Kim Jong Min shared, “I think that was the time I cried the most in my life. It felt like the whole world was a dream. It felt like a lie. The tears didn’t even come at first. Once I confirmed that it was my father, the tears started to come.”

Kim Jong Min was only 18 years old and he wasn’t the kind of kid that actually listened to his father. Kim Jong Min confessed, “I talked to my father only over the phone the day before he passed away. My father told me to go to school. I used to skip school to go dance and stuff. After my father passed away, I was hurting but on the other hand, I felt that I became more solid.”

But Kim Jong Min also shared, “I also felt victimized because of my father’s death then and I even blamed my father.”

Image: KBS ‘Win Win’
Source: Newsen via Nate     kpopfever

---------------------------------------

rating win win

In the variety world, KBS’ Win Win with Kim Jong Min as the guest took the top spot with 9.1 percent.

1. KBS Win Win 9.1 percent

SBS Strong Heart 7.1 percent

enews

-----

How Kim Jong Min Overcame His Slump on ′1 Night, 2 Days′

Kim Jong Min is an irreplaceable member of KBS2′s 1 Night, 2 Days, and managed to build for himself a unique character that no one else can imitate. Even he, however, had his own difficulties and obstacles to overcome in the past.

The biggest obstacle for him came when he had just joined the show again after being released from his military duties in December 2009. Everyone was looking forward to seeing him fly in variety, but Kim Jong Min himself had been suffering from a slump at the time.

In a recent shoot of KBS2′s Win Win, Kim Jong Min said, "I joined the first season of 1 Night, 2 Days right after I was released from my duties, but the viewers were let down when I wasn′t able to live up to their expectations in my variety skills. Some even signed a petition to have me leave the show."

He had to look on as malicious comments filled his articles. One even called him ′cancer′, saying that he was like cancer to the show.

"That comment hurt me the most," Kim Jong Min said.

The singer had no choice but to find a way to overcome. He first decided to leave all of his other variety shows.

"I told myself if I couldn′t overcome, I would leave variety altogether," said he.

He added he had managed to finally overcome by trying to understand the emotions behind the comments.
17747002.jpg
"I didn′t avoid them, and I read every single comment. After reading them for a few months, I could see what the people who wrote those comments felt. Then I felt more relaxed and my mind settled."

The story of how he overcame his big slump will be told on the October 16 broadcast of Win Win.

Photo credit: KBS   enews

Archived