Guest fanda4000

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Source: SOOMPI [news] Dramas, Movies, Actors, Actresses

Choi Jung-won's "Star" rising in China

2010011808323435818_2.jpg

Korean actress Choi Jung-won in a poster for "Wish Upon A Star" [sBS]

Korean actress Choi Jung-won is gaining popularity in China with the success of two television dramas -- "Wish Upon A Star" and "Famous Princesses" -- according to a press release by her agency on Monday.

"Chinese fans are viewing "Wish Upon A Star" through internet downloads and many are asking about the show," explained an official at Wellmade Star M, who added that Choi has been receiving many offers for TV commercials as well.

Ratings for SBS drama "Star", which premiered in Korea two weeks ago, has been on the rise and recorded a 13.1 percent viewership on January 12, according to estimates released by AGB Nielsen Media.

"Princesses", which originally aired in Korea in 2006, has reportedly taken China by storm and its popularity has carried over to the fans' interest in "Star".

"Thank you so much for loving "Star". I'm physically exhausted but I'm energized from all the good news," the actress was quoted as saying.

Choi, 28, has appeared in many television dramas since debuting in 2001 including "All In" (SBS, 2003), "The King and I" (SBS, 2007) and "The Kingdom of The Winds" (KBS2, 2008), for which she won two KBS Acting Awards.

Reporter : Lynn Kim lynn2878@asiae.co.kr

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

Guest yourstruly629

Can someone please post the megaupload link for Ep. 5 onto this page? I can't get the AM-Addiction Link. Thanks so much in advance!

Guest darkaz619

Can someone please post the megaupload link for Ep. 5 onto this page? I can't get the AM-Addiction Link. Thanks so much in advance!

sorry but you can't hotlink AM-addiction link you have to register you don't what them to close their link for free users like aja-aja.

Guest yourstruly629

Thank you for putting up a link to joonmedia :)

However, for future reference I wanted to ask about AM-Addiction links. I'm a registered user of AM-Addiction, but I can't seem to find the links. I keep seeing posts of people saying things like "thanks for the post" under the Wish upon a Star page, but then I don't actually see the link to the megaupload. Am I missing a step here? Is there a separate page I'm supposed to go to?

Firstly, I cannot read Korean so I don't really understand the website -_-'

But from what I gathered... I need to pay to download them?

Available on Clubbox

http://clubbox.co.kr/codndwh/

Stars Falling From the Sky / Wish Upon A Star – 05 [MMiSa] (100118) [625.6MB]

File renamed in clubbox to 별을 따다줘

Thank you for the link!

Thank you for the links!

I just finished watching the raw online and even though I don't understand a thing beside the emotions and images, I can tell you. This actress is AMAZING!

I *love* how determinated she is! God, I'll bet my hand that this drama is going to be 'the drama' of 2010!

Guest darkaz619

Thank you for putting up a link to joonmedia :)

However, for future reference I wanted to ask about AM-Addiction links. I'm a registered user of AM-Addiction, but I can't seem to find the links. I keep seeing posts of people saying things like "thanks for the post" under the Wish upon a Star page, but then I don't actually see the link to the megaupload. Am I missing a step here? Is there a separate page I'm supposed to go to?

no is not separate go to the first page of wish upon a star is there.

I just finished watching the episode 5 raw and even though I don't understand a thing beside the emotions and images, I can tell you. This actress is AMAZING!

I *love* how determinated she is! God, I'll bet my hand that this drama is going to be 'the drama' of 2010!

Me too, I agree with everything. I have no idea what they are talking about except hearing thank you. It's so sad even without understanding a word. Does anyone have a rough translation of what's happening so far in episode 5? I pretty much guessed what happened.

The part where both brothers caught her working as a hostess (btw the old man touching her is a perv, lol). I think the younger bro is asking the older bro why did he just stand there and not say anything. The older bro says that its none of his business and ask his bro is he taking responsibility of her. The part where JP argues with her bro is heartwrenching because she needs to earn the money and being a hostess is the fastest way out, but little bro thinks its disgraceful (so sad ...) Gladly, I think she quits her job as hostess and begs to be taken back from her old office job. Unfortunately, JaeYoung doesn't want to her stay and wants her out (she's really unlikeable right now). The older bro is still heartless, but he seems to feel bad after seeing her work as a hostess. The younger bro is reflecting on his older bro's words about taking responsibility of her, I think. He seems to want to help JP out, but hesitates. When Nami starts talking, it's really cute too. I think Nami gave confidence to JP as they stare at the stars (just like how the title is, Pick the Stars or Wish Upon the star), it was a pleasant ending for Episode 5.

Seems like next episode is much lighter compared to this episode which is great) I think the younger bro going against the older bro. Don't understand what they're saying

I'm really falling for this drama. It's definitely addicting. I love this episode, it shows how JP is slowly changing from an immature spoiled brat who steals $ from her siblings to a mature and caring older sister who is willing to sacrifice her dignity to help out with her family's situation. Oh, I'm trying to stay patient until subbing is finished but its so hard. Anyone want to add translations?

Na-Rang, next Sulli (f(x)) hehehe ..

i love Jin's family sister-brother relationship. it's beautiful though they are not related to blood at all.

They works together to help with Pal-Gan's houseworks. how sweet. Pa-Rang loves her nuna a lots. He even come out with idea to marry Pal-Gan and Tae-Kyu. Money-less and Funny Tae-Kyu.

finally Pal-Gan got her job back. in the lift, exhausted kneeling, pleeding for her jobs. Joon-Hoo saw her (but she didn't see her),she about to fall, and he wants to grab her .. but stops .. why??? I wonder he has feelings to Pal-Gan ..

finally manage to catch episode 5, in office working on dateline but cannot stops myself to spare time tonight!!

next episode: my fav lines Joon-Hoo to Kang-Ha " its first time i saw you like this "

actually he was scolding unsatisfied something about Pal-Gan (she do).

Kang Ha is such a total jerk, I can't help but root for Joon-Hoo although he's a bit too indecisive (which will probably result in him losing the girl as the fated second lead). An example of that is what you wrote in your post, he wants to help her because he most certainly feel sorry for her AND because he's a nice guy but I believe he recalls his brother's words about not stepping in if he wasn't planning on taking full responsibility for her and the kids. While I do think that Joon-Hoo is in the process of falling for Pal-Gan, he's most likely not aware of that fact yet so he struggles and is hesitant...

Wow, I teared up several times in this episode... I'm getting quite hooked on this drama! The kids are so adorable~ I love how the baby starts talking at the end of the episode, like a reward for Pal-Gan ^_________^

The subtitles for ep.1 came out from S2 today ^^

http://withs2.com/view/wish-upon-a-star

I was wondering... I have download the version ---» SFFTS.E01.100104.HDTV.H264.450p-MMiSa and the subtitles does not match in time with the video (I am currently using VLC)... I was wondering if anyone know why? Does it have the same affect on you?

The subtitles for ep.1 came out from S2 today ^^

http://withs2.com/view/wish-upon-a-star

I was wondering... I have download the version ---» SFFTS.E01.100104.HDTV.H264.450p-MMiSa and the subtitles does not match in time with the video (I am currently using VLC)... I was wondering if anyone know why? Does it have the same affect on you?

gonrie, the subber usually specify with with video's their subs sync, so please check their site. For ep 1 I believe it is the SAN version.

tvbfanatic, thank you very much for posting the YT links.

they are great: fast and clear :D

Archived