[Drama 2010] Stars Falling From the Sky / Wish Upon A Star 별을 따다 줘

Guest fanda4000

Guest cimechang

thank you for the link the drama is fun looks like javabeans is going to recap this show check it out.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/01/wish-upo...r-episodes-1-2/

Actually, she won't be. Here is the last comment she made in her recap of episodes 1-2:

"I’m pretty certain I won’t be continuing recaps with this drama, and the reason is that this seems like one of those shows that is a lot of fun if you watch with your finger on the fast-forward button. If I recap, I have to watch every moment closely, and if I did that with Wish Upon A Star I think I’d be likely to grow tired of it and drop it. I do want to continue seeing how things progress, and if I watch casually, I’ll have a better chance at making it through the end."

Sorry to those of you who were hoping for recaps on her site. We'll just all have to continue watching out for the links here to watch it ourselves. I love Dramabeans but sometimes she doesn't have the same taste in dramas as I do so I get left out. Oh well, can't win 'em all.

FIGHTING!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This show is sooo awesome! It's like shining inheritance but with moooore drama. poor kids. I've only seen the first two eps, but fromt he pics here it looks like they'll be alright.

@Cimechang

I have to agree with you, I <3 javabeans recaps, but she always drops the shows i happen to like the most. :(, but still I like to read the recaps of some of the shows she does, not watch them tho. Her comments are enlightening funny.

Guest lilbaby06

This is a really nice drama, although it does not seem a lot of ppl are watching it. I happen to like it because it is touching/sad, but not over dramatic like a lot of other shows I have seen, where a small problem is created into a big issue. I don't get sick and tired of this shows like I do with other sad shows, where they just over do it.

I can't wait until the lawyer change his way of thinking and show some compassion like his younger brother.

haha @Plej, agreed. She [javabeans] seems to enliven dramas that I never would have considered with her recaps.

I really really love Stars Falling From the Sky. It's not like one of those dramas where I sat through the first episode waiting to be captured thinking it'll get better. I was enthralled from the first episode itself. It was a delicate balance of cutesy with weighted issues. It charmed me.

I'm only falling for it more as the episodes go on. Unfortunately, I've only gotten to episode three but I have yet to find another drama that has made me cry just as much as it had made me laugh (emphasis on the laughs however) within the first couple of episodes. :P

And every single one of them is showing stellar capabilities of their acting chops. I mean really. JPK's blank stare and slow tears still haunt me. And WKH's snobby sarcasm is making me hate him but leaving me with anticipation because I KNOW I'll have to love him later (it's a k-drama of course). Seeing him here is a COMPLETE contrast to the innocent boy I remember from an episode of X-man :P

WJH is the perfect beta hero as the younger brother. I haven't seen this side of him since Soulmate.

and the much needed comic humor of the nephew. I love him and I can't really even say why XD

Of course there's a lot of things I dislike about this drama (the cliches that I KNOW will come, and ugh! WKH's hair! lol) I do hope it won't disappoint us... it's going soo well so far.

Just wanted to put my input about this drama.

When I watched the first episode, I was kind of disappointed. But it got better at Ep. 2 and after watching Ep. 3 and 4, I'm quite enjoying it. I cried and laughed in Ep. 4.

I didn't really pay attention to the siblings names and just Pal Kang and I thought it was kind of weird to name their child after a color: red. Now I understand why all the siblings names are colors. They are named after rainbow colors in order. That is how Kang Ha guessed there's one missing (actually 2 but since the baby is the last one, it was hard to guess). Red - oldest, Orange - 2nd oldest (boy), Yellow - 3rd, Green - 4th, Blue - 5th, and Indigo - 6th (baby). When Blue sleepwalked and got caught, Red, Orange, Yellow, and Blue was there. Green was missing so Kang Ha who is smart made a guess and Red had to confess. Joon Ha guessed about the baby because he remembered hearing "baby crying" but Red claimed it was stray cat so he asked Red about Indigo.

Kang Ha's nephew was really funny in this episode because he thinks Pal Kang is his destined partner. He is really a softie who felt sorry for Pal Kang so he tries to convince his uncle for them to stay. He was so disappointed when he found out that Pal Kang was in love with his uncle for 5 years. He soon got over his "hurt" and encouraged Pal Kang by telling her eventhough he believes she is his "destined", since his uncle likes women, she should throw herself at him.

Oh, I could be wrong but I have feeling Joon Ha is in love with Jae Young.

hope there would be recaps with this drama. really can't wait for the subs to be finished. or rewatch every episode again. peace subbers. although i really appreciate what you're doing.. :D pm me if you found anything. jb seems not to like this drama. :D aja aja for this drama. kids were just so amazing especially Chon Rok!!

I got that vibe as well. Though, I can't seem to think why he would lol. But that's just evil me talking XD He's too sweet and cute for her :P

Lol, in that case I'm evil too haha. But he's like the typical sweet guy who loves the girl but the girl goes for the cool guy instead. I'm loving Shin Dong Wook in this show though. ♥

Guest antinh85

This series is good. I dont know people are into it. The leads are not that famous but the story is rather good. Well it's nothing new but it sure is refreshing.

The lead girl, i think she made so much progress in acting. People always had scolded her as a wooden actress before. She sure proved them wrong huh.

I used to love Lee Ji hoon. But i hate him in here. I rather that she ends up with the 2nd brother. Even though i know she will not be ending up the nice brother, i hope they will have nice moments together. As fro the cold lawyer, how can she love a person as cold as that! He treats like garbage.

I can't wait for next week. It's getting so good. It's so sad that it's the lowest out of four in ratings!.

Guest blissfulwishes

can somebody subbed the preview for ep 5???

thanks... :D

Here's the video preview for Episode 5. :)

Jae Young: Grandfather.

Jung Gook: Who are you?

Min Kyung: Is it dementia?

Pal Kang: My name is Mimi- (she and Kang Ha see each other).

Joon Ha: At the very least, you can yell at her and tell her not to live this way.

Kang Ha: Unless you're going to be responsible for her life, don't say anything.

Pal Kang (to herself): Stay strong, Jin Pal Kang. If you just work like this for a few more days, you'll be able to earn enough money to stay in a hotel.

Joo Hwang (to his siblings): Everyone, get up and start packing.

(to Pal Kang) I don't want to go to a hotel using the money that you earned working at a bar.

Pal Kang (to her team leader): Please help me. The children and I have to live - I'll change. Please believe me.

Okay, so I understand that this drama is similar to Brilliant Legacy in more ways than one. Obviously the inheritance/parents die/she has to care for her siblings yaddah yaddah yaddah. And although I haven't seen any negative comments on this thread at all, it just makes me so mad when people are like "Oh they're copying off of Brilliant Legacy - so it's going to be stupid" when really, in terms of most of the plot and other various aspects, the two are completely different. I remember when people did that with Boys over Flowers and You're Beautiful, and it irks me to death. Now, don't get me wrong - I loved Brilliant Legacy, but I have a feeling that I might like Stars Falling From the Sky even more (the kids win me over! :))

Okay sorry. :( I'm usually not a ranting person, but I had to get that out there.

nazznen - yayy good to see you!! I'm suffering from WISFC angst/tragedy, so I've decided to finish watching these 4 episodes first. :)

Is it just me - or does anyone else think that Kang Ha's hair is sort of really ugly? =/

Haha I never say this - but I'm really really looking forward to Monday!! Ahhhh.

Guest jamieguo28

@antinh85 I don't think the ratings are that bad. According to viiKii:

Episode 1 (Nationwide) 10.9 (Seoul) 11.6

Episode 2 (Nationwide) 12.0 (Seoul) 12.7

Episode 3 (Nationwide) 12.5 (Seoul) 12.5

Episode 4 (Nationwide) 14.0 (Seoul) 14.4

So its been a pretty steady increase in fans, and I would imagine it would remain the same or grow even more.

Regarding episode 5, I have a question. Jin Pal Kang goes to work in a bar as a hostress? Is that like being a prostitute? What exactly does she have to do?

And I'm glad they got caught pretty early. They could have kept going with it a few episodes longer, but that would have really been stretching it. It's obvious she would get caught of course, but I loved the way they revealed it child by child. Really starting to enjoy this a lot and hope it continues to as funny and sad as it is now.

Guest blissfulwishes

^ jamieguo28 - No, I don't think it involves her being a prostitute. But basically, she has to let the guys be touchy-feely with her, serve them drinks, be sickly sweet, etc. etc. Obviously, that's not as bad as being a prostitute, but it's definitely not an appealing job, either... which is why Joo Hwang is so strongly opposed to Pal Kang working at the bar.

I know, right? I'm so glad that everything's out in the open now - it would have been so hard to continue hiding Namy any longer.

Archived