[Drama 2010] Stars Falling From the Sky / Wish Upon A Star 별을 따다 줘

Guest fanda4000

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest yourstruly629
NVM I believe I know the reason why I am unable to see episode 6 ddl at am-addiction.

Also got to say this drama isn't one of those drama that hook you on the first episode, but the more you watch it the more you become addicted to it. The oldest brother (Pal Gang younger brother) is is a great actor for someone so young, I think he might just have a bright future ahead of him.

I can't see episode 6 up on am-addiction either although I got ep 5 to work yesterday. Can you explain why?

Guest lucky_moon
I can't see episode 6 up on am-addiction either although I got ep 5 to work yesterday. Can you explain why?

Give them time, it just finished airing an hour ago, it takes time to downloading the Ep and then re uploading it to MU :)

Guest charis89

Not sure if anyone is still interested reading about episode 5 (seeing everyone is into episode 6 now heheh), but I spent almost three hours recapping. (no joke, I was thinking how to phrase the translations and editing, wells I'm not trying to complain or anything) I didn't mean to write so much in the first place but it just keeps going.

OOkay, I got teary in this episode. Especially the conversation between Pul-gang and Joo-hwang. Why, every word he says pierce his sister's heart but that is because he loves her sister a lot and does not want to see her suffer working as a hostess. "I'm more hurt because I ruined my sister's life..." Did you know how heart wrenching the dialogue sounds? I like Park Ji Bin here than in BOF. Someone is right (sorry can't remember who wrote that), he can be Yoo Seung Ho's successor. :D

About the scheming Mrs. Jang, she is nothing compared to Seung Mi's mom in BL; so far her screen time, to be honest, isn't a lot. Maybe in the future episodes, her true personality will reveal when she realizes Pul-gang is the old chairman's granddaughter.

----

Episode 5 recap

Once again, Nami’s cries are making everyone stay awake. When Joon-ha and Tae-gyu check on the siblings and realize Pul-gang has taken a part-time job at a sauna to earn more money. The two feel sorry as they know very well why she needs that income for, yet they do nothing to help. On the second level, Kang-ha cannot sleep either because of the cries and grumbles about Pul-gang.

It is her first day as Mimi, and Pul-gang is doing a fantastic job entertaining the customers and is given plenty of tips. One of them, who is old enough to be her father, yet wants to be called “oppa” (o.0) takes a liking to her and promises to take her out on a date.

After a tiring night, Pul-gang goes to the inconvenience store to buy some drink to make her sober. Counting the number of 100,000 won in her wallet, she is sure her decision is right. She just needs to tolerate for a few days and gets more tips, she will be able to rent an apartment for her family. Joo-hwang is still awake when Pul-gang returns, reeking of disinfectant. He is worried for his sister, who still has to give up sleeping to prepare for breakfast.

Joon-ha is surprised to see Pul-gang in the kitchen when he comes down for water. The pot of rice has overcooked yet she is falling asleep. Fortunately for her, he turns off the stove and wakes her. Doesn’t she feel tired working three jobs? No matter how pressing, she should take care of her health. Thinking he has misunderstood, she tells Joon-ha that she has been fired and makes him promise not to tell her siblings that she is unemployed. After the conversation, he retreats to his room with a heavy heart.

Morning comes. Though breakfast is no way near a scrumptious meal (kimchi, fried eggs and canned food), Joon-ha and Tae-gyu appreciate her efforts. Pul-gang works late and even bothers to prepare breakfast. When they learn Kang-ha has gone for work, Tae-gyu chides his uncle while Joon-ha keeps a straight face. His brother is such a letdown.

Meanwhile in the hospital, Chairman Jung cannot recognize any of his family members and is calling for his elder son. The couple sees the doctor when they learn his amnesia may be caused by a shock and is temporary.

While the siblings are busy with housework at home, a discussion on how not to be chased out of the house is called – Pul-gang marries Tae-gyu. After her days of observation, Tae-gyu seems to have the best character though he is a little naïve. What’s more, he can also bring them to U.S. However, Na-rang has a differing opinion. Their sister should marry Joon-ha; he is different from Kang-ha and is sympathetic towards them. Joo-hwang finally shares his thoughts – his siblings are too young to understand their plight.

Joon-ha storms into the office and demands an explanation for Pul-gang’s sacking. Jae-young is adamant and insists she is right to fire an inefficient worker like Pul-gang. When Joon-ha is going to rebuke, he is cut off by his brother. Jae-young leaves them upon being told and the brothers have a spat. He should just mind his own business and not interfere with other people’s lives. Joon-ha meets Jae-young in the corridors, where he sarcastically tells her that she and her brother are two of a kind, their marriage is perfect.

Pul-gang is leaving for work when Tae-gyu comes home and offers to go to work with her. She turns down the offer and tells him to stay at home and look after her siblings. Tae-gyu gives in reluctantly after being told she would be sacked if she brings a man and wraps the scarf around her neck. When Pul-gang reaches her workplace, she is Mimi again with her heavy makeup and deep red lipstick. The lady boss is skeptical and wonders if she is lying about her experience as she looks stiff and nervous before the customers. Pul-gang assures her and hurriedly goes to greet her first customer of the night.

Who is…

Kang-ha. She jolts the moment their eyes meet. She is at a loss having to encounter him under such circumstances. Throughout the time while the chairman is happily singing and enjoying himself, Pul-gang frequently casts anxious glances at him. When Joon-ha arrives, he is surprised to learn her part-time job is being a hostess. What is more frustrating, his brother is sitting one corner and ignores Pul-gang’s existence.

The drinking session ends in a happy tone (for the chairman). Joon-ha meets up with Pul-gang and blandly asks her reason for being a hostess. She is doing all this for the sake of living. Joon-ha is upset that she is “cheapening” herself (okay I think the word I use is too strong, but I couldn’t think of other word to describe) becoming a hostess. There are other ways to earn money. She brusquely tells him the time she spends talking to him can be used to attend other customers, in other words, he is preventing her from earning more money.

Tae-gyu, the big kid is having a fun time at home with the Shins, singing and dancing in the living room. Their happy moment is over when Kang-ha returns home and the siblings return to their basement. After work, Pul-gang goes to the inconvenience store to buy disinfectant and comforts herself with the salary she is drawing now, she can rent a house and bring up her siblings. As long as no one criticizes her and she can still keep the secret from her siblings, she does not mind being a hostess and being touched by other men.

(Is there a hint of anger? Or is his conscious pricking?) Kang-ha swings his tie as he is reminded of Pul-gang being kissed and hugged by the chairman.

Joon-ha has been waiting for Pul-gang to come home so he can continue the conversation they are having earlier on. Is Pul-gang going to be like this? How can she not able to identify what job she should do what she should not? She gets upset and argues with Joon-ha, who rebukes will her siblings still feel thankful when they realize their sister becomes a hostess to bring up them? Alas this is overheard by Joo-hwang, who probably comes out of the house to wait for his sister.

No they won’t feel grateful. He then tells her they are leaving for the orphanage and storms to the house. Joo-hwang wakes his siblings and tells them to pack their luggage. Sleepy-eyed, they have no clue what is happening and finds their big sister and brother snapping at one another. What is wrong with him every time threatening her with orphans? It is not like she is going to disown them. She is only a woman, how else does he expect her to earn money? Joo-hwang retorts, “I hate seeing you work in those pubs having to entertain those customers.” The last thing she wants is her siblings to find out what she is working as, and her nightmare is surfacing right before her. Within moments, her other siblings make snick remarks about her as hostess. Hearing them, she is devastated as they do not seem to understand her intentions. Joo-hwang runs out of the basement.

Tae-gyu follows the boy to the park, where he asks if he is really going to the orphanage. His sister is going to feel hurt because of his decision. Joo-hwang answers he is more hurt than his sister because he has ruined her life. Joo-hwang goes home and tells Pul-gang that someone from the orphanage will come to fetch them. He feels sorry that her sister has worked really hard and sacrificed so much because of them. When she is financially ready, she can come and bring them home. Until then, he will take good care of the kids in the orphanage. Pul-gang disagrees; she has no confidence and is afraid once they separate they will never find each other again. She knows that she has no means to take care of them but she does not want to become a bad person by abandoning her family.

The next morning, Pul-gang is determined to become a good housekeeper. She prepares eh, delicious soup for breakfast and even wakes Kang-ha up. Everyone wants Kang-ha to finish breakfast before he leaves for work. He finally relents and sits down with his brother and nephew.

Pul-gang goes back to JK Company determined to be reinstated to her old job. She even kneels before the team leader and seeks her for help. Jin-joo and Eul-ma are shocked to find Pul-gang kneeling in the office. No matter how they persuade, she is going to stay where she is. The two brothers are feeling perturbed because of Pul-gang. Time passes, even when Nami is crying, Pul-gang never feeds him or carries him. Joon-ha sees this yet he does not come forth as he recalls what his brother said. The team leader tells Pul-gang to leave, but she still insists coming back tomorrow. For the sake of her siblings, she has to get the job back.

A completely worn-out Pul-gang takes the same elevator as Joon-ha, who is going dinner with his colleagues. The two never share a word in the lift but Joon-ha looks extremely concerned, worried that she is going to collapse. The helping hand he extends, is withdrawn at the very last minute (painfully reminded of her brother’s words).

Pul-gang recognizes Kang-ha’s car outside the company, and wishing he would stop by but the latter pretends not seeing her and drives past quickly. She grumbles to herself and warns her younger brother not to grow up like that bad guy. The adorable Nami is chattering baby language. He is pointing to the sky and saying mother and star. Pul-gang is delighted that Nami seems to know their mother has become a star in the sky. She makes him promise not to cry any more as she is going to pick the stars for him.

Guest flower pot

Wahhh... i wish somebody can give spoilers of what went on tonight... I have watched episode 6 raw today and i can't wait for subs... I was still entertained though even if some things seem a little murky to me...

I think the love story is slowly blossoming so it's getting exciting... Can i just say that this series has resurrected my long dormant crushes on Kim Ji Hoon and Shin Dong Wook into active, full blown ones? OMONAAAAAA....

I love how this series is doing fangirls everywhere such service by milking Ji Hoon's topless bod in most of the scenes for all its worth... Can't say i'm complaining... With this kind of body, it would be a disservice to just keep him buttoned up in his lawyers suits... HUBBA!HUBBA! :lol:

Kim%20Ji-hoon2.jpg

I love the dynamics of Pal Kang's family and the Won Brothers... the lead girl living with her brood, a grumpy guy and his softhearted brother who both fall for her along with their cute nephew who is also smitten with her and always brings the laughs

fd025d0fe592ddf031acf2d55f75ea381263637457_full.jpg

I think Ji Hoon is at his funniest on this episode and i love how he's starting to show his human side and slowly getting affected by Pal Kang's presence... I don't understand what they're saying but the way he looks at PK and her dongsengs crack me up...

I think Dong Wook is slowly falling for Pal Kang now but it seems like Tae Nyu will leave all of them in the dust judging from previews next week...

Episode 7 seems exciting... I think Pal Kang and Kang Ha would end up on a day out together plus Kang Ha taking care of Namy (the baby) which even through the trailers is already hilarious...

I think compared to previous episodes the pace kinda slowed down for this epi, but i still love every single moment... I used to wish that the twist about the inheritance be over right away because i hate seeing the faces of the villains family (Yes, the whole bunch of them) but now i even sit through that coz i know it will play a big part later...

Can't wait to get home from work tomorrow to watch this subbed...

I would really like to know when the menfolk are going to find out that PalKang and her siblings are not directly related. I mean, that's one of the most sensational things about this story and what makes it so human. She is pretty much giving up herself for these children who have no true relation to her, but because they were raised as her siblings, she is taking full responsibility and giving them everything she has.

I also think this is why JooHwang is always like.. we should go to the orphanage. He's the eldest adopted one and he understands the most, including the fact that they are not blood related so any other person in their circumstance would not really be willing to take on 5 YOUNG kids.

I believe that when the menfolk find out this fact, it is when they will truly begin to respect PalKang for the amazing person she is, even though PalKang doesn't realize how big of a heart she has right now either. I think this will be a true turning point in KangHa and PalKang's relationship too.

But.. for now I'm all about team-leader-nim. And TAeGyu is very endearing as well..

I wonder if they're going to do the mid-drama hairstyle change... I always find that to be funny. Plus I am not 100% about shin dongwook's hair right now. I dunno why.

@ mikanpuriname, I so agree with you, i thought they not being biologically related was going to be revealed right away. May be the revelation is spared for now for future, for a very situational scene when Kang Ha come to his sense how amazing Pal Kang really is.

Oh, i hate the hair style of both , Kim Ji-hoon and Shin Dong Wook. I really hope they change it in future.

Guest BBFislove

@ mikanpuriname

loool @ the hairstyle change! I am with you on that..for both the male leads...something is off abt their hair...its looks too unnaturally perfect (almost like a wig???) and the side burns on KH have gotta GO!

oooh can some1 tell me pls what happens towards the end..u know the bit before the preview..dint really get tht! thank a ton!

edit: Oh im sooo rooting for the nephew here ( though I know it wont happen... :( ) he is adorable! almost like one of the kids...no wonder they like him as well! Team Nephew!

The last part of the episode, I think PalKang makes a mistake at work again. Her supervisor asks her to bring gifts and revisit her old clients (but the important part is the super did not ask her to go try to sell them insurance.) But PalKang in her impatience attempted to do so to a couple people, but also because that one ahjumma kind of asked her. But I'm supposing that you're not supposed to bring gifts and then ask people to buy insurance b/c it can be considered a kind of bribing. The super just wanted PalKang to reestablish her relationship and stuff w/ her few existing clients I guess.

But anyway so PalKang gets told off by her super, PalKang starts crying and was like... she didn't know (because when she worked before she was not a hard worker and didn't attempt to learn any of the rules or anything.) The super kind of softens and tells her that life is like that,

JoonHa sees PalKang in front of the subway station, pacing. He gets curious so he parks his car and follows her onto the subway. On the Subway, PalKang asks the passengers for a little of her time. She confesses her fears about having to raise 5 siblings when she's a person of no true skill or purpose. She says she knows that she must do things right now b/c she has a lot of responsibilities, but she's so scared and due to that, she is timid and she makes a lot of mistakes. All this time, JoonHa is listening to her in the same train car. PalKang says that she feels that if she can get the courage to confess her emotions and fears to these strangers on the subway, perhaps she'll be able to face her work and her clients with courage as well. And then the passengers all clap for her.

preview for next week from what I understand:

the grandfather asks the evil daughter in law something along the lines of "you're that girl right..." (i think implying that she's some girl from a hostess club, because his memory is stuck in the past he doesn't get that she's his daughter in law). And I think the daughter in law said something like the grandfather once told her that he'd never have a lowly girl like her become his daughter in law... (maybe that's why she's such a crazy....)

And I think evil daughter in law's assistant or whoever found grandfather's cell phone?

At the company, Jaeyoung is trying to give PalKang crap again (how old is Jaeyoung supposed to be? Why does she look older than joonha and kangha too but they're both supposed to be her oppa?) Joonha sees and tells her to just pretend like she didn't see. Jaeyoung tells joonha that whenever she sees PalKang, it gives her stress or something like that. (Jaeyoung needs to get a reality check. The sun doesn't rise and set on her time. the moon does not circle around her gravity. She is such a consistent witch to everyone, she's even a witch to her mom. I've never really seen her be nice to KangHa either who she supposedly loves, she just comes in and tries to boss him into marrying her like.. wtf that's not really how you get someone to like you. why would she think that KangHa would want to marry her? I don't understand what JoonHa ever saw in her before. Yuck.)

Kangha keeps this calendar where he's marking off the days until PalKang and the clan leaves. Taegyu catches them and says something about Kangha's charisma. I think maybe he says like.. because Kangha's "charisma" is no longer effective to PalKang anymore?

Grandfather seems to see PalKang at the company and recognizes her?

Taegyu proposes to PalKang. JoonHa sees them hugging.

I thought a funny part of this episode was when Taegyu told Kangha that if he let PalKang and the kids stay he'll quit drugs. And KangHa kept saying, "you do drugs?!" LOLLL And the later on Taegyu tells PalKang that he was just acting :P

I believe that how they will discover that PalKang and the kids are not related will be something like.. one of the kids will get into an accident or fall sick or something and they'll need some blood transfusion. PalKang will try to give her blood but finds out she cannot because she'll be like AB and the sibling will be O. Or even sadder one of the kids will get leukemia and they'll need a marrow transplant... usually you look for siblings to donate marrow b/c it's most likely to match but since none of the siblings are truly related they won't be able to help. That will truly be the saddest thing ever.

Why is it that PalKang's dad and mom never had any kids of their own together? I mean PalKang is really just her moms. And the rest are adopted, so PalKang's dad doesn't really have any kids?! Maybe that's what the grandfather means when he chose PalKang's dad to run that free clinic as the director... because PalKang's dad is a true philanthropist.

Guest BBFislove

@ mikanpuriname

thanks a ton for the recap..i thought she was fired or something...and was like omg not again...

ooooh I'm just waiting for KH to fall head over heels for PK...its gonna be fuuuun to watch cos the more arrogant and cold they are the harder they fall!

and pls no cancer anything but cancer..actually lets not wish any of the kids ill shall we...maybe one of them will blurt it out to the guys how abt that cos its more logically for kids to say the darnest things right? Im keeping my fingers crossed :P

Guys, does anyone know where I can find DokGoDie/MMiSa version to DL? I found here a DokGoDie, but in clubbox, and it really doesn't work with me. Does anyone know where I can find a torrent/MU link for either one of them? 'Cause these are the version WithS2 will be using...

Archived