Gong Hyo Jin 공효진

melusine

Guest cherryonken

Wow melusine - thank you so much for the information you give to the thread =).

I'm really excited about her upcoming partnership with KDW - both have that unconventional beauty about them and an enigma which I hope will work well together.

I'm looking through the thread - and despite that it's only 9 pages long, it kicks the richard simmons out of the other threads which are 300 pages long.

It's kind of cool that everyone who has posted has mentioned anything other than her looks - everyone has something more to say than "she is so hot" - which to be fair in the other threads - that's all you read...and it's tiring.

I feel along with Bae Doo Na (who I only recently saw in Lindax3 and The Host), Gong Hyo Jin is an extremely important actress for the Korean film industry which at the moment is overflowing with looks over substance a lot of the time - sometimes I feel the industry is so diluted especially when you consider which actresses have the most post count.

Other actresses I admire are Im Soo Jung, Lee Young Ae and I liked Moon Geun Young but she still has a long way to go (such a shame her reent film flopped at the box office..)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest theorginal

i like her as an actress very much! omg i was watching sang doo lets go to school and i must admit both her and bi are really professional in acting. i wish to see her do another drama with Bi.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to yeohweping for the highlight, I guess if all goes well this is after the movie 'M' wraps up... right?

http://www.innolife.com/img/item/14/8767_1.jpg

Jang Hyuk and Gong Hyo Jin will be co-starring together in MBC wed/thur drama 'We were there' (우리들이 있었다) which will air after Goong S ends. In this sidusHQ produce drama, Jang Hyuk and Gong Hyo Jin will be a couple who hated the sight of each other at first and develop affections along the way during their daily fights and disagreements. Min Ki Suk (JH) was orginally a doctor who always looks down on people and is very haughty as well until he met Lee Young Shim (GHJ) and her child who has aids. Lee Young Shim is a very cheerful and positive person despite the difficult life she has to face. Through her, Min Ki Suk slowly became a warm, gentle person because of love.

Credit korean & with S2

2007-01-11

Jang Hyuk, returns in MBC drama

1470rs5.th.jpg

Jang Hyuk, returns in MBC drama, co-starring Gong Hyo Jin in 'We were there (Woori deuli isseotdah)'

Jang Hyuk who completed his military service last November will return in the MBC drama 'We were there' that is to be aired in March.

The series is a human drama featuring a couple who constantly fight but eventually come to love each other. Jang Hyuk will play the free spirited yet competent doctor Min Ki Seo while Gong Hyo Jin will play Lee Young Shin, the mother of a child who has AIDS.

Jang Hyuk commented, "I am glad to be able to meet with viewers once again through this drama. I contemplated a lot about an acting career while in the military. I hope to make up for the parts of acting I lacked before and will try my past."

'We were there' will be written by Lee Kyoung Hee who was also the scriptwriter of KBS 'I'm Sorry, I Love You,' 'A Love to Kill' amongst others, and will be directed by producer Lee Jae Dong of the MBC series 'Danpat-pang (Sweet Bean Bun)' and 'Our Attitude to Prepare Parting.' The series will start filming in early February on an island in the South Jeon-ra province.

[Copyright © 2006 Yonhap News. All rights reserved.]

Source: http://www.broasia.com/lwboard/lwboard.php...pg=1&no=147

thx for the info. I'm glad Jang Hyuk is back and Gong Hyo Jin is taking on another role. I can't wait to watch this because of the casting and because I love the writer, I've seen and loved three of the dramas she wrote (A Love to Kill, I'm Sorry I Love You, Let's Go To School Sang Doo).

• 2 months later...
Guest White Star

I absolutely love lovelove this girl.....She's great. Love her in Thank You.

She's the type of girl that you don't said "I like her because she's pretty/cute/beautiful" but you say "i love her because she just seem to be a very kind person and a good heart."

+WS+

Guest tunavida

I hope that because of "Thank You", this thread will grow faster. I've been searching for Gong Hyo Jin on Yahoo!Korea, but I can't read the articles about her:( . Speaking of admirable actresses, I've recently fallen in love with Kang Hye Jung, who acted in Oldboy and Welcome to Dongmakgol...She picks interesting roles, just like Gong Hyo Jin!

Guest monoceros

gong hyo jin is not pretty at all....

but she's a great actress... so I was wondering.. is she popular in korea?

Guest captainEDEN.

Ah! She is SO cute! (:

she plays a lot of hidden rolls! i've watched Momento Mori and i didnt recognize her in there...

i saw Volcano High too... and i didnt notice her in there. O_O (but there were a lot of celebs in there)

Guns and Talks? *llaughs* That WAS her! i remember now!

and Sangdoo? gosh... i LOVED her in Sangdoo..

• 4 weeks later...
Guest love.peace.happiness.

beauty isn't everything..she's doesn't fit the "mold" of conventional beauty but she's very natural and elegent i think...i love all her dramas..i'm currently watching "Thank You" and she and Jang Hyuk have a great chemistry...seeing her on screen i think she's an easy actress to work with and gets along with all her co-stars...keep supporting her..

i've only seen her in sangdoo, thank you and now i'm watching hello teacher.

she puts up a great perf in all her works...gd chemistry with Bi, JH and GY.

the most impt thing is..she CAN act!

in 'sangdoo' & 'thank you', she's plain looking BUT has anyone seen her in 'hello teacher'?

she's elegant, puts on make-up and wear pretty clothes.

to me, if she wants to look pretty, she can but i think she goes for the natural look, which

is fine with me. but i must admit that i'm jealous of her lanky frame!

tall & slim like a model! :)

Guest prita

she's not considered pretty like sharp nose, high cheeks, big eyes, etc BUT she's pretty because she has the natural beauty

first time saw her in 'Thank You' and i think she's a great actress

love her !

Gong Hyo Jin is such a talent actress.

Had seen most of her movies/dramas.

Her first drama I saw was [snow Man]. It was a worth watching drama, actors. storylines were great.

Recently just finished watching her latest MBC Drama [Thank You]....oh...must say at this moment this is my most favour K-drama in year 2007.

GJ you did a great job and hoping to see more new play by you.

Guest Wynter

I first took notice of GHJ in Thank You. Loved her performance there. Now I'm watching Sangdoo and I'm loving here too! I like how she seems more "real" than other actresses, if you know what I mean. She doesn't put up pretensions or act unnaturally. Watching her act makes me comfortable. :)

I didn't know she was in Guns & Talks! So that schoolgirl was her? Cool. I'm looking forward to her future projects!

Guest lemi250

I first took notice of GHJ in Thank You. Loved her performance there. Now I'm watching Sangdoo and I'm loving here too! I like how she seems more "real" than other actresses, if you know what I mean. She doesn't put up pretensions or act unnaturally. Watching her act makes me comfortable. :)

I didn't know she was in Guns & Talks! So that schoolgirl was her? Cool. I'm looking forward to her future projects!

I like GHJ in thank you is very good drama in 2007 . I'm waiting for her new projects !

Guest betchay

i agree, she acts so well.i liked her in BISCUIT TEACHER AND STAR CANDY w/ GONG YOO. funny series!