Gong Hyo Jin 공효진

melusine

Uh.. melusine, GHJ was a model right? She has tonnes & tonnes of pics just like Doona.. I'm amazed at your resourcefulness. :blush: Our Hunnie... didn't have that many pics. *sigh* :P

Anyway... thought you might want to know or already knew...

RSB recently joined Fantom Entertainment (LBH, JJY, LJJ ... the whole lot) ... not sure which was his old agency, though...

:blush:

Guest swatch11

Now i am thinking this is the thread with most pics of soompi :lol:

really like gong hyo jin, her slim figure :phew::phew:

Just found this news update at Lee Jung Jae's page at Fantom Ent. :)

Think it's the Short Film festival on June 30th.

1014_334970_DSC_0031(3).jpg

1014_334970_DSC_0075(2).jpg

Lee Jung Jae, Jo In Sung, Jeon Do Yeon, Gong Hyo Jin & Hwang Jung Min. Cool actors!

2006062918554795785_1.jpg

Credit: naver.com, isportainment, mstarnews & Fantom Ent.

• Like 1

^Thanks for the pics! They were taken at Mise-en-scene's Genres Film Festival (with the theme 'I Love Shorts') last June 30. More pics from that event here. Said stars (who seemed to be enjoying themselves^^) served as honorary jury members and were given individual acting recognition awards (JDY for "You Are My Sunshine", HJM for "Bloody Tie", LJJ for "Typhoon", JIS for "Dirty Carnival", and GHJ for "Family Ties"). Most of them were pretty touched, InSung even cried a bit. ^__^

I remember reading a thread about whom to match BI and there were 2 opponents GHJ and Song Hye Kyo. The result was in support of SHK but the really sad thing was everyone there talked about Gong in a not-ease way. When I read it i felt sad. Actually, SHK is a beautiful woman in my opinion but the thing i like about Gong is her characteristic, which is deeply impressed me film after film. Although sometimes I feel that her acting is rather serious , but I like her unique act in Screen.

By the way, I want to see Guns and Talks but cant dl it from Clubbox ( actually i dont know how to use it). Is there any other source to dl ?

You're in luck! A kind soul just uploaded the movie via MegaUpload in the G&T thread. Hopefully the link hasn't expired yet (ppalli! ppalli!), but if it has, you can also try requesting for it here. But seeing as a movie file is 700 MB, people might be reluctant to upload it. CB is really your best bet. I highly recommend it as a source of movies and dramas, and learning how to use it is really not that hard <click here>. ;) You can also watch it via YouTube.

As for Bi: He had chemistry with both GHJ and SHK (unlike Shin MinAh in "A Love to Kill", imo); now, who he had more chemistry with is a matter of opinion (re real-life shipping, I couldn't care less). What used to richard simmons me off a little is those comparison threads inevitably degenerated to 'who is prettier' (of which SHK is undoubtedly the winner, and besides she has more fans) and looks-bashing. I try (and mostly succeed) at not letting that bother me anymore because obviously everyone is entitled to their own opinion (to each his own, different strokes for different folks, etc etc). After all, I myself find some stars unattractive, and I'm sure their fans would also beg to differ. At the end of the day, what matters is our own opinion. The first thing that makes me become someone's fan is TALENT. Personality and looks are only secondary. She does seem like a fun person, and I think she's hot (in a different way from SHK, but hot all the same)--but most importantly, Gong HyoJin is a talented actor. That's why I <333 her so much. It's a futile exercise to expect everyone to like her or to try to convert people who don't. Her talent speaks for itself.

I disagree that she acts 'too seriously'. She can camp it up when the scene calls for it. ^__^

cfyk9.jpg

On the flipside of the damsel-in-distress-typecasting coin, I think GHJ's problem is more that she's been boxed into the kicka$$ chick roles. I suppose they're better than being some male lead's arm accessory, but she has better range than that. And from the raves she got for "Family Ties", I'm glad she finally found a role worthy of her again. Can't wait to watch it.

Ah..i remember 'Memento Mori'..

She's like half Jang NaRa and half Bae DooNa.. Cool babe..

Haha, she was so young in "Memento Mori" (a good film to make one's debut in). She's quite the cool babe, isn't she? ;) I don't think she resembles Jang Nara though. Or Bae Doona either, unless it's in terms of their natural talent and edgier-than-most personalities and looks.

I guess I have a soft spot for amazing actresses with unconventional beauty--HyoJin, Doona, Im SooJung, Kang HyeJung fit the bill. After all, even Jeon DoYeon and Moon SoRi aren't drop-dead gorgeous, but everyone acknowledges that they're acting goddesses.

GHJ was a model right? She has tonnes & tonnes of pics just like Doona.. Our Hunnie... didn't have that many pics. *sigh*

Yep, she was a model; but she was already an actress in most of the pics I've been posting. I'm sure LBH has hundreds more pics than she does, he's been in the industry for so long. Maybe because the internet wasn't as prevalent when he was starting out, so his pics as an up-and-coming young actor aren't online? They're probably in a lot of fans' scrapbooks though. Ya ajummas! Get a scanner. :P

Hmm... actually... I like KRW's acting in Snowman. JJH was awesome, truly the actor (he's definitely a serious+intense movie actor) but it's KRW who caught my attention all the way. :blush: I like KRW when he's acting serious compared to all his other work. But I don't dislike JJH or GHJ's characters either. To me, they've perfectly synchronized with each other. Despite the controversial plot & ending, I wouldn't want it any other way. No one loses actually, not even KRW.. his character matures in the process from a troublesome boy to a responsible young man. And from KHJ and JJH's point of the story... they did nothing wrong except being in love and caring for each other more than what society expected them to be.

It's not hard to see why the drama didn't quite make it big in 2003 (it was pitted against All In as well) but when it was aired in Malaysia, the local Kdrama fans... we had a great time discussing it, not about the romance but about turns in life that people take.

GHJ... needless to say.. like or hate her... she played her role well. Unfortunately she's one of the underrated ones and obviously, a misunderstood... mis-perceived (?) actress. But you know what I'm trying to say, right? ;)

I think I do. GHJ's the kind of actress who comes across pretty strong. Like you said, you either like her or you don't... but you can't ignore her. She's never guilty of blandness. Her best roles are the flawed, complex ones--which makes her an even more divisive actress (i.e. ROYOW, "Snowman"). She gets to flex more acting muscle this way than if she always played the perfect Candy/Cinderella; and also, when the viewer eventually does feel fondness/compassion for her, it's because she's earned it. I've always wanted to see "Snowman" because it's nice sometimes to watch a drama that doesn't make it easy for the viewer, a drama that challenges your preconceived notions about taboos and relationships, a drama that isn't afraid to stir up a little controversy.

(Miane! I thought JJH was your favorite character, when apparently it was KRW. :sweatingbullets: While I do find KRW's "Attic Cat" persona amusing sometimes <esp in "...ing"> it gets old and annoying after a while. Good to hear that his "Snowman" character is a more serious role than his usual ones.) Thanks for sharing your thoughts on "Snowman", rubie, really appreciate it. :)

147040_PG1_101.jpg

Film2.0 article

Awesome actress, and very natutral in her acting style. Its almost someone you would meet everyday and see their behavior except its on the screen.

Im a huge fan of hers because she has such different ideals than the rest of the actresses that are out right now. Very very modern thinking and cool.

I think some of her best work has yet to be seen so let's see.

Word.

Guest ash_0621

fun fearless female

uber-talented actress

style icon

all-around cool chick

presenting...

Gong Hyo Jin

skawus94qj.jpg

She's really a fun, fearless, uber-talented, style icon, all around, cool chick!! When Sangdoo, Let's Go to School (AKA All for Love here in the Philippines) was shown, I only watched one episode and I kinda stopped watching it because I don't like the actresses and the actors. I only tried to watch the series because of Lee Dong Gun (still feverish after Lovers in Paris). I love watching cute girls and gals on drama series so I did not continue watching it because Lee Dong Gun was only a supporting actor.

Now, I started watching Teacher Biscuit and Sugar Candy because I've read in another thread that it's an underrated series so I watched the drama in YouTube plus Gong Yoo is my all time favorite actor because of She's on Duty. Then, I realized that Gong Hyo Jin is the same actress in the series, which I intentionally missed because I don't find her cute or pretty at all but I started to like her because she's a great actress. She kinda grows into you. Gong Yoo and she looked so natural in their acting and I enjoyed watching them. I love the way she dressed in the series, she's so fashionable. Then, I found out on this thread that she's a model. I like her now second to Kim Sun-ah (another talented actress).

Then, I've searched for Sangdoo again in YouTube and I found that she's an amazing actress. She looked prettier in Biscuit Teacher. I used to like series with great-looking actressess/actors in it but after watching My Name is Kim Sam Soon, I root for great stories and talented actors/actresses. (I better reconsider watching Attic Cat).

As for Song Hye Gyo, I really loved how she looked in Autumn in My Heart but I got sick and tired of watching it at the end, pardon me, my own opinion, her acting is bland. I'm not judging her because I only watched that drama but I watched every drama she was in because she's so nice to look at (Guardian Angel, Hotelier, I forgot the title of the other dramas). After that, I stopped watching her series, I only saw a little of Full House because I don't like the story.

No wonder Rain liked Gong Hyo Jin. Likes or liked? I'm not sure, are they still together, hope so.. She looked fun to be with and they look good together, maybe the height?!!!

Thanks for making this thread on her... these are just my opinion. Sorry for babbling too much!!

^Hey, babbling is welcome! As are gushing, rambling, ranting, raving, even bashing. :P

sd.jpg

I did read some rumor that she and Bi hooked up after "SangDoo..." [Mnet], but true or not (I'm kinda leaning towards the former... after all, why not? *wink* I have a feeling she'd be just his type ;)), that's way past tense (03? 04?) and they're definitely not in a relationship now. Actually... (lol) I want her to get back together with Ryu SeungBeom. They made an awesome couple.

Most of us came to our GHJ-awareness the same way, I think: At first not finding her attractive at all... then watching her act and admiring how she good she is at it... then letting that talent plus her unique beauty and charm gradually work their magic on us. There's a reason why this phrase has been used many times in this thread, because it's true: She really does grow on you.

img_3_1068_0.jpg

I like watching pretty faces and hott bodies onscreen as much as the next person, but I absolutely agree with you that a good story and good acting trumps looks and name recall every time. (btw I <333 MNIKSS too! but I hate "Attic Cat" :lol: )

You mentioned "SangDoo..."--I also bought that drama primarily for Lee DongGun (had a huge crush on him after "Sweet 18" heh), and was surprised to find myself falling so hard for it and all its characters. It remains one of my favorites and I can't believe how underrated it is (though I'm glad more and more Bi and LDG fans seem to be rediscovering it). I became a fan of 2 people because of that drama: Lee KyungHee (who also wrote MiSa), and Gong HyoJin. Though she did make an impression on me in "Guns & Talks" and "Volcano High" (which I had seen prior), due to the smallness of her roles in those films, it wasn't a huge impact. It was really "SangDoo..." that made me start falling in love with her, and when I watched ROYOW right after, the fandom was cemented. ^_^

It's hard looking for her old dramas (thank gawd for YouTube and Clubbox nowadays), but her movies are far easier to acquire--aside from "Family Ties" (which shall be mine veryvery soon, can't wait!), the only ones I don't have are "Surprise Party" and "Emergency Act 19". She's an exciting actress and it's fun retroactively tracking her progress through the years--from her raw talent in "Memento Mori" to her more recent performances (I esp love "Conduct Zero"). Quite a solid filmography, with both lead and supporting turns. I hope she'll put whatever she learned from them to good use, that she doesn't let her immense talent go to waste, that she gets involved in worthy projects, ones that challenge her. I hope she goes far.

Guest Jimbaran

I finally watched Volcano High the last weekend - I can't believe I actually missed this movie for such a long time when it has Jang Hyuk (one of my fave Korean actors!!) and GHJ is in it. She's a real spit-fire in the movie and it's a shame that her role was small as compared to Shin Minah.

I bot Sugar Candy and I can't wait to start watching it! :D I first saw GHJ in Sangdoo too and found her cute during the first scene when she was posing as a student in the restaurant - altho I did at first compare her looks with SHG and thot she wasn't as pretty (then again, who can beat SHG in terms of looks) :P Ha - I watched Sangdoo really for Bi but out popped GHJ! :) I never realized that she could look so stylish in all these clothes until I came to this thread and saw these photos you guys posted of her. She is a great model!

There is no particular Korean actress that I like - until GHJ. For a period of time, I kinda liked Jang Nara coz I liked these lively, bouncy actresses instead of the cool, aloof ones. SHK is gorgeous but too aloof (for me).

The other thing that I like abt GHJ (be it in the dramas or in photos) is her smile. She has a beautiful smile which totally lights up her face. Unlike many Korean actress who look cool (and aloof) she exudes warmth and life. She's sunshine... :D

Haha...if Bi really did like GHJ and went out with her, it just proves that this guy has great taste (in addition to his other wonderful qualities :D ). Although there are many Bi-fans who hope that he'll end up with SHK, it doesn't really matter to me who as long as he is happy. But if he does go out with GHJ, I'll be delighted - my 2 fave pple together. :D Personally, I think SHK and Bi look good tog physically but somehow they dun strike me as a compatible couple from what I read of them. I think Bi needs someone more lively and fun to complement his introvert nature while SHK seems to need an older guy.

I finally watched Volcano High the last weekend - I can't believe I actually missed this movie for such a long time when it has Jang Hyuk (one of my fave Korean actors!!) and GHJ is in it. She's a real spit-fire in the movie and it's a shame that her role was small as compared to Shin Minah.

I bot Sugar Candy and I can't wait to start watching it! :D I first saw GHJ in Sangdoo too and found her cute during the first scene when she was posing as a student in the restaurant - altho I did at first compare her looks with SHG and thot she wasn't as pretty (then again, who can beat SHG in terms of looks) :P Ha - I watched Sangdoo really for Bi but out popped GHJ! :) I never realized that she could look so stylish in all these clothes until I came to this thread and saw these photos you guys posted of her. She is a great model!

There is no particular Korean actress that I like - until GHJ. For a period of time, I kinda liked Jang Nara coz I liked these lively, bouncy actresses instead of the cool, aloof ones. SHK is gorgeous but too aloof (for me).

The other thing that I like abt GHJ (be it in the dramas or in photos) is her smile. She has a beautiful smile which totally lights up her face. Unlike many Korean actress who look cool (and aloof) she exudes warmth and life. She's sunshine... :D

Haha...if Bi really did like GHJ and went out with her, it just proves that this guy has great taste (in addition to his other wonderful qualities :D ). Although there are many Bi-fans who hope that he'll end up with SHK, it doesn't really matter to me who as long as he is happy. But if he does go out with GHJ, I'll be delighted - my 2 fave pple together. :D Personally, I think SHK and Bi look good tog physically but somehow they dun strike me as a compatible couple from what I read of them. I think Bi needs someone more lively and fun to complement his introvert nature while SHK seems to need an older guy.

Agree !!!

20060522080657.jpg

200605221943552400_1.jpg

Wah! Didn't know that GHJ acted with Kim Seung Woo, Park Jung Hoon & Hwang Jung Min ( :w00t: ). Cool!

It's a previous movie, right? :blush: I only knew GHJ in Snowman. Still waiting for SangDoo to be aired... one fine day... read lots of great reviews of it.

Oops! Just saw kdrama_addiction's post... yeah, she was in Biscuit Teacher, too. I've seen that... like, 2 months ago. Aish... I'm really having short term memory loss. :blush:

Guest mz.LA

i don't know why some people don't like her, but i guess everyone's entitled to their own opinions :P but for me i think she's a great actress--looked cute with rain in sangdoo and also with gong yoo in biscuit teacher...i highly recommend both dramas! :D i hope to see more of her soooooon!!! GHJ fighting! B)