Gong Hyo Jin 공효진

melusine

Guest ash_0621

Wow, she could pull if off even the simplest clothes (it seems like she is wearing a "duster"). :w00t: If I will wear that blue clothing (dress), I will look like a beggar!Hehehe!! :D She has a really nice stance and great smile that can really add sunshine to your day. ;)

^I think it's close-to-impossible to see the complete 7-part series (well, unless one was in Korea in 2004 and subscribed to SK Telecom, that is). Well, it doesn't sound like my cup of tea anyway--the script was written by Guiyeoni (she of He Was Cool, Wolf's Attraction fame) based on her eponymous internet novel, so that means a lot of 'cool' posing/fighting from the guys and a melodramatic storyline catered to teenage girls. :rolleyes:

c1a6b8f1bef8c0bddnduswn.jpg

Apparently all five guys fall in love with her (or something silly like that) and the phone users could vote who they wanted her to end up with.

I did find an MV: [Mgoon] [Pandora TV] [Mnet]

leesytd7.gif

And some pics:

1cm8.jpg

b0f8c8bfc1f83littlesain4ny.jpg

415b988678b101dkwlxmzzli7.jpg

0jkplasticmn4.jpg

Stills <clickable thumbnails>

ghjimg7202.th.jpg img6716.th.jpg img6790i.th.jpg img6714p.th.jpg

ghjimg7268.th.jpg khj04111501.th.jpg ghmg5669.th.jpg

13pt2.th.jpg 14rn2.th.jpg bfc0bab0c6d2b9ccc6c351emffo16oc1.th.jpg 2if1.th.jpg 3zr9.th.jpg 4fj8.th.jpg

Marie Claire article / article

s_m3_041001.jpg

s_m3_041002.jpg

s_m3_041004.jpg

s_m3_041003.jpg

At first I didnt catch a glimpse of her. But after i watched "Rules of your own" ( Luckily only her role scene ) I realized her unique style
What movie is this? Or are you referring to "Ruler of Your Own World"?

The other thing that I like abt GHJ (be it in the dramas or in photos) is her smile. She has a beautiful smile which totally lights up her face. Unlike many Korean actress who look cool (and aloof) she exudes warmth and life. She's sunshine... :D
Love what you wrote^^.

I'm glad you finally got to watch "Volcano High", Jimbaran. It's ridiculous but in a fun way. ^__^ I'm thinking about watching it again, just to see how many familiar faces I can spot (lol) compared to when I first saw it (when I was still a Korean Film/Drama newbie). And yep, Jang Hyuk really has a talent for comedy--he was hilarious in "Success Story of a Bright Girl" and "Please Teach Me English".

I understand what you mean about gorgeous girls being seemingly inaccessible. A friend and I were talking the other day and I brought up what linthao wrote, that HyoJin gets a lot of sh!t written about her just for starring opposite and being linked to Bi (esp since Clouds who-may-or-may-not-also-be "Full House" shippers are very devoted). Like I said before, I try not to let that bother me because beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but what mystifies me is that those people judge based solely on looks, because anyone with eyes can see what a good actor she is (her raw talent was always there, even in "Memento Mori"). Even if you don't want them to end up together in real life, at least admit that their characters EunHwan and SangDoo made a good pair. Even if you don't find her pretty, at least admit that she's good at what she does (I could make another argument that she's beautiful, only unconventionally so, but never mind). So anyway, I was bemoaning this injustice to my friend, when she said that beauty can also be a disadvantage. She brought up a lot of known Korean beauties who are boxed into the dichotomy of damsel-in-distress/sassy girl and are too afraid of "ruining" their image to be any different. I mean, I've always found Lee YoungAe bland and nice and boringly beautiful; it took "One Fine Spring Day" (where she's a bit of a richard simmons) and "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance" (where she's a killer) for me to change my mind about her, and I know she consciously chose those risky roles. And I can think of lots more pretty actresses whose careers have consisted on coasting on their looks and charisma. Of course there are exceptions (for me, Lee DaHae is unquestionably beautiful AND talented, and such a screwball comedienne in "My Girl" that you can't help but love her), but more often than not, the rule holds. Which is my long-winded way of saying that acting-wise (which is what really counts, imo), girls like HyoJin have the advantage because they seem more human to us viewers, and also that they don't have an image to protect (and which restricts them). Thus it's ultimately easier for them to transform into character.

Really, Bi is an introvert? You learn something new everyday. And it does seem like Song HyeKyo tends to go for older guys (Lee ByungHun, Kim MinJong <rumored>, etc). It's a job hazard of being a celebrity that so many fans feel that they have a say in your love life. I myself want HyoJin to get back together with Ryu SeungBeom, so yeah, guilty as charged. :lol: But you're right, whatever (and whoever) makes them happy is fine by me.

I'm planning to watch "Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy" soon too, via YouTube. I'm crossing my fingers it's as cute as everyone's been saying.

Wah! Didn't know that GHJ acted with Kim Seung Woo, Park Jung Hoon & Hwang Jung Min ( :w00t: ). Cool!

It's a previous movie, right? :blush: I only knew GHJ in Snowman. Still waiting for SangDoo to be aired... one fine day... read lots of great reviews of it.

"Heaven's Soldiers", 2005. Had my copy for some time, but I only got to watch it last weekend. Hmm, what to say about it? It has its entertaining parts (esp towards the end, the middle sorta drags), but I wouldn't say it's a good movie. It's... just okay. Thing is, I'm pretty weary of blockbuster-type movies, and the comedy in this one and how it tackled the North-South divide fell short, imo ("Welcome to Dongmakgol" is a tough act to follow in that respect). I dunno, maybe some cultural and historical jokes escaped me, since I only know the basics of Lee SoonShin's life (or some of the wit might've gotten lost in translation due to the subbing). Also, I'm not Korean, so the nationalism card didn't impact me all that hard. Kim SeungWoo was laughably ineffective trying to act all macho and humorless. Hwang JungMin was his usual capable self (though I kept getting annoyed at him for being so disappointed in LSS <Helloooo! With or without your help, the guy will turn into Korea's greatest general, so stop alienating him with your so-called training. It's a miracle you didn't alter history, ugh. Sorry, can't believe the script turned an otherwise likable guy into a know-it-all dummy.>). HyoJin had the token girl role, the character had no backstory/depth whatsoever, anyone could've played it. Still, she lit up the screen in the few scenes given to her (notably the part where she's happily shopping at the market dressed in a hanbok), and she obviously doesn't look like a bimbo so for a token-girl-slash-female-scientist she was kinda believable. I did like that they portrayed LSS as a flawed human being who rose to the occasion out of necessity and circumstance, and not because he was born a hero (though he played the character well enough, I was irrationally disappointed that Park JoongHoon was so glum <poor guy, I've typecasted him>). I also liked the bit where the young SoKor soldier bonds with LSS, reciting poetry and almost warning LSS how he'll die. And the battle scenes at the end were exciting, snapped me out of my lethargy and had me cheering for their motley crew. I've heard good things about "Once Upon a Time in a Battlefield", maybe it's a better Historical Fusion movie than this one was.

Hope you get to watch "SangDoo...", rubie, it's a good drama. If you can watch via YouTube, I put links on the first page. So, did you like "Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy"? I've only seen the first episode so far, haven't really formed an opinion yet. Btw some of HyoJin's movies are pretty good too, whether you're a fan of hers or not. ^_^

A couple of old-ish YTNStar VODs:

@ "Daisy" VIP screening - 3/8/06

200603080855094929sdaisyvipwmv000020720eo2.jpg

Watch online | Download

@ "Hurrah for Horowitz" (aka "My Piano") VIP screening - 5/16/06

location67230aq4.jpg

location67228ev7.jpg

hyorii1403.jpg

200605161806524843shorowitzvipwmv000271833cs6.jpg

Watch online | Download --> she's sandwiched between Lee Hyori (girl in the Yankees cap) and Hwang JungMin (guy in blue shirt)

@ Cha TaeHyun's wedding - 6/2/06

200606021710531238scthwedwmv000332899ol5.jpg

Watch online | Download

Guest Jimbaran

Melusine, enjoyed reading your long post. You know, it's nice to read a posting that that has depth about why the author likes a particular actor/actress as opposed to mere gushing on their looks and appearance.It feels like we're having a conversation!! :D

I'm glad you finally got to watch "Volcano High", Jimbaran. It's ridiculous but in a fun way. I'm thinking about watching it again, just to see how many familiar faces I can spot (lol) compared to when I first saw it (when I was still a Korean Film/Drama novice). And yep, Jang Hyuk really has a talent for comedy--he was hilarious in "Success Story of a Bright Girl" and "Please Teach Me English".

I like Jang Hyuk - he is the first Korean actor that I was attracted to in a Successful Story of a Bright Girl. He carried the role of a spoilt brat who learnt how to live outside his gilted world v v well. He was absolutely charming and it does help that he has a really nice smirk! I hv not watched Please Teach Me English yet. He disappeared for quite a while and I learnt from his thread in this forum that he was conscripted into the army. Can't wait for him to re-surface again. :P I'm a real novice when it comes to Korean actors/actresses..can only recognize those whose shows I watched!

I understand what you mean about gorgeous girls being seemingly inaccessible. I was bemoaning this injustice to my friend, when she said that beauty can also be a disadvantage. She brought up a lot of known Korean beauties who are boxed into the dichotomy of damsel-in-distress/sassy girl and are too afraid of "ruining" their image to be any different.

I've always thot being conventionally beautiful is not necessarily the best thing for an actress/actor. Afterall, there'll always be someone prettier or more handsome. It's more impt to have charisma and a personality that makes you stand out from the rest. Coz uou're more likely to lose your looks than your charisma or personality in the longer term. :D In a way, beautiful women can be terribly insecure coz they wonder if pple like them only for their looks and nothing else.

I mean, I've always found Lee YoungAe bland and nice and boringly beautiful.

girls like HyoJin have the advantage because they seem more human to us viewers, and also that they don't have an image to protect (and which restricts them). Thus it's ultimately easier for them to transform into character.

If you have both character and looks it's a real bonus. :D And really, I think GHJ has both. She just grows on you...:)

Really, Bi is an introvert? You learn something new everyday. And it does seem like Song HyeKyo tends to go for older guys (Lee ByungHun, Kim MinJong <rumored>, etc). It's a job hazard of being a celebrity that so many fans feel that they have a say in your love life. I myself want HyoJin to get back together with Ryu SeungBeom, so yeah, guilty as charged. :lol: But you're right, whatever (and whoever) makes them happy is fine by me.

I'm not sure if he is really an introvert. From what I read about him in his interviews, my feel of Bi is that he is an introvert who is incredibly lonely and sad. I don't think he has really come to terms with his success - prob thinks that his ability and popularity is an illusion - just my personal opinion. I admire his attitude lots but I always see him as a little lost boy who needs some sunshine to illuminate him B) Hahaha. I hv to Google Ryu Seung Beom later! Saw his photo in one of the postings here but I hv never seen any of his dramas. :D He looks cool tho. What show did they act in together?

I'm planning to watch "Hardtack Teacher and Star Candy" soon too, via YouTube. I'm crossing my fingers it's as cute as everyone's been saying.

I am watching this drama as I'm typing this posting. I like GHJ in this show much better than Sangdoo coz she exhibited her acting skills much better here - from sad to cute to angry - all beautifully done! And honestly, she looks better onscreen with Gong Yoo than with Bi - perhaps it's because Bi was so young in Sangdoo. And of course, I cldn't stand GHJ next to Lee Dong Gun in Sangdoo...coz I can't stand LDG! :vicx: Ok, she looks terrible next to the other guy in Star Candy too. I'm beginning to understand why pple find Gong Yoo charming :P

Guest ash_0621

Hi!! I tried responding to Melusine's post but whenever I click quote or add reply, the browser appears with "server not found", so I just had to copy and paste Jimbaran's post.

I'm glad you finally got to watch "Volcano High", Jimbaran. It's ridiculous but in a fun way. I'm thinking about watching it again, just to see how many familiar faces I can spot (lol) compared to when I first saw it (when I was still a Korean Film/Drama novice). And yep, Jang Hyuk really has a talent for comedy--he was hilarious in "Success Story of a Bright Girl" and "Please Teach Me English".

I like Jang Hyuk - he is the first Korean actor that I was attracted to in a Successful Story of a Bright Girl. He carried the role of a spoilt brat who learnt how to live outside his gilted world v v well. He was absolutely charming and it does help that he has a really nice smirk! I hv not watched Please Teach Me English yet. He disappeared for quite a while and I learnt from his thread in this forum that he was conscripted into the army. Can't wait for him to re-surface again. I'm a real novice when it comes to Korean actors/actresses..can only recognize those whose shows I watched!

Jang Hyuk is my first ever Korean actor that I've watched because of Bright Girl and Bright Girl is one of my All-Time-Favorite Korean series. I love watching comedies with happy endings. He is so cute in Bright Girl. I haven't watched Volcano High but I watched Please Teach Me English, Windstruck, and a special appearance in S Diary with Kim Sun-Ah (My first favorite korean actress, second is Gong Hyo Jin).

I understand what you mean about gorgeous girls being seemingly inaccessible. I was bemoaning this injustice to my friend, when she said that beauty can also be a disadvantage. She brought up a lot of known Korean beauties who are boxed into the dichotomy of damsel-in-distress/sassy girl and are too afraid of "ruining" their image to be any different.

I've always thot being conventionally beautiful is not necessarily the best thing for an actress/actor. Afterall, there'll always be someone prettier or more handsome. It's more impt to have charisma and a personality that makes you stand out from the rest. Coz uou're more likely to lose your looks than your charisma or personality in the longer term. In a way, beautiful women can be terribly insecure coz they wonder if pple like them only for their looks and nothing else.

I mean, I've always found Lee YoungAe bland and nice and boringly beautiful.

girls like HyoJin have the advantage because they seem more human to us viewers, and also that they don't have an image to protect (and which restricts them). Thus it's ultimately easier for them to transform into character.

If you have both character and looks it's a real bonus. And really, I think GHJ has both. She just grows on you...

I definitely agree with you 101%. Beauty is very subjective although we have a universal definition of beauty. Most of the actresses/actors, who stay in the industry for a long time usually exude more talents. Beautiful actresses tend to portray the same role over and over again because they do not look good with other roles and their personality does not always fit certain roles. I love Gong Hyo Jin and Kim Sun Ah because they have variety in their roles and you can really relate and be engrossed in their roles be it in a movie or a drama because they looked so reachable, they are like ordinary people like us, they are really talented, and if I may quote Jimbaran, "they seem more human to viewers."

Other fans may not always agree with me but I find Gong Hyo Jin beautiful, just look at the pictures on this thread. Some actresses will not look good with those dresses, hairstyles, and poses. You must really have that X-Factor that most photographers look for to be able to strike those poses. In addition, I love Hyo Jin's smile. She's like Allison Mack (Chloe Sullivan of Smallville). When they smile, they can really brighten up your day. Their smile looks really natural, not the plastered smile.

Really, Bi is an introvert? You learn something new everyday. And it does seem like Song HyeKyo tends to go for older guys (Lee ByungHun, Kim MinJong <rumored>, etc). It's a job hazard of being a celebrity that so many fans feel that they have a say in your love life. I myself want HyoJin to get back together with Ryu SeungBeom, so yeah, guilty as charged. But you're right, whatever (and whoever) makes them happy is fine by me.

I'm not sure if he is really an introvert. From what I read about him in his interviews, my feel of Bi is that he is an introvert who is incredibly lonely and sad. I don't think he has really come to terms with his success - prob thinks that his ability and popularity is an illusion - just my personal opinion. I admire his attitude lots but I always see him as a little lost boy who needs some sunshine to illuminate him Hahaha. I hv to Google Ryu Seung Beom later! Saw his photo in one of the postings here but I hv never seen any of his dramas. He looks cool tho. What show did they act in together?

I'm not really a Bi fan or Ryu Seung Beom fan but I like Bi with Hyo Jin maybe because I've already seen them together in Sang-Doo. I'm not really sure about Seung Beom. I haven't seen any of his movie. I will try Arahan in the future.

I don't know about Bi being an introvert. I'm not really interested in him but I can say that he is talented both as an actor and as a singer. I'm not into RNB as I've said in my other posts. I tried to read some of his thread but my goooossshh :w00t: , his thread is like 1300 plus pages so I stopped reading his posts and went to Gong Yoo's post instead.

Bi "needs sunshine to illuminate him, hahaha." She can make use of Hyo Jin's smile. Her smile is like a breath of fresh air, a child's face on Christmas morning, and a ray of sunshine after the RAIN (Bi). ;) I hope they are still dating together but no news about their "personal" love life can be found. :crazy::vicx: Hehehe!! :D They broke up already???!!! It's okay we still have Gong Yoo to fill his shoes... hoping... :rolleyes:

[I'm planning to watch "Hardtack Teacher and Star Candy" soon too, via YouTube. I'm crossing my fingers it's as cute as everyone's been saying.

You should be, it's a great drama!!!

I am watching this drama as I'm typing this posting. I like GHJ in this show much better than Sangdoo coz she exhibited her acting skills much better here - from sad to cute to angry - all beautifully done! And honestly, she looks better onscreen with Gong Yoo than with Bi - perhaps it's because Bi was so young in Sangdoo. And of course, I cldn't stand GHJ next to Lee Dong Gun in Sangdoo...coz I can't stand LDG! Ok, she looks terrible next to the other guy in Star Candy too. I'm beginning to understand why pple find Gong Yoo charming

I've watched Hardtack Teacher and Star Candy before Sang-Doo. She's more beautiful in here and was able to portray different emotions because she's the lead unlike in Sang-Doo (mostly Bi's character). Gong Yoo and Gong Hyo Jin have the charisma and chemistry. They even have the same surname!! Hehehe!! :D I agree Gong Yoo is really charming. Those were the same exact words that I've written in Kim Sun Ah's thread about "She's on Duty." He is a "prince charming." He is not super dupper uber handsome or gorgeous but he is so charming and is a great actor. I love GONG YOO and GONG HYO JIN together!! :D

Enough of the rumbling, bashing, and babbling!! Hehehe!! :vicx:

Guest Jimbaran

Hi!! I tried responding to Melusine's post but whenever I click quote or add reply, the browser appears with "server not found", so I just had to copy and paste Jimbaran's post.

I have the same problem - I cannot use "Quote" coz it doesn't work! :unsure: I have to use "Reply" and code what you said in italics.

Jang Hyuk is my first ever Korean actor that I've watched because of Bright Girl and Bright Girl is one of my All-Time-Favorite Korean series. I love watching comedies with happy endings. He is so cute in Bright Girl. I haven't watched Volcano High but I watched Please Teach Me English, Windstruck, and a special appearance in S Diary with Kim Sun-Ah (My first favorite korean actress, second is Gong Hyo Jin).

I have never known KSA until My Name is Kim Sam Soon where I discovered Hyun Bin. Oh maaan..that show was so funny. He is so cute with his dimples. I loved those scenes between him and KSA esp when he was jealous or when he deliberately annoys her. The one where he declared his love on the toilet or when he carried her after he got drunk are classic man. Another fave of mine is when he lied on her stomach and cried...*sigh* I watched MNIKSS before I watched Full House and discovered Bi. :P

Other fans may not always agree with me but I find Gong Hyo Jin beautiful, just look at the pictures on this thread. Some actresses will not look good with those dresses, hairstyles, and poses. You must really have that X-Factor that most photographers look for to be able to strike those poses. In addition, I love Hyo Jin's smile. She's like Allison Mack (Chloe Sullivan of Smallville). When they smile, they can really brighten up your day. Their smile looks really natural, not the plastered smile.

Totally totally agree!! GHJ is not pretty but BI-YOO-TI-FUL. X factor is the perfect word to describe her..it just oozes out through the screen and floods you. :lol:

Bi "needs sunshine to illuminate him, hahaha." She can make use of Hyo Jin's smile. Her smile is like a breath of fresh air, a child's face on Christmas morning, and a ray of sunshine after the RAIN (Bi). ;)

AIYOH - I simply swoon at your words..."she is a ray of sunshine after the RAIN"! Very BI-YOO-TI-FUL-LY said. Sunshine after the Rain makes a rainbow right??

I was thinking of GHJ when I said "Bi needs sunshine to illuminate him".

I hope they are still dating together but no news about their "personal" love life can be found. They broke up already???!!! It's okay we still have Gong Yoo to fill his shoes... hoping...

Don't think Bi has time to date even tho he has repeatedly said that he would love to. Seriously how is he gng to find some woman who can withstand the scrutiny of his fans who all love him to bits? Even tho I would like them to be tog I don't want GHJ to be under such a huge spotlight!

I've watched Hardtack Teacher and Star Candy before Sang-Doo. She's more beautiful in here and was able to portray different emotions because she's the lead unlike in Sang-Doo (mostly Bi's character). Gong Yoo and Gong Hyo Jin have the charisma and chemistry. They even have the same surname!! Hehehe!! :D I agree Gong Yoo is really charming. Those were the same exact words that I've written in Kim Sun Ah's thread about "She's on Duty." He is a "prince charming." He is not super dupper uber handsome or gorgeous but he is so charming and is a great actor. I love GONG YOO and GONG HYO JIN together!! :D

Sigh..can't wait to go home to continue watching Star Candy. I hvn't finished watching Sangdoo - lent my dvds to a friend. Sad ending shows are just so difficult to watch.

Ok - die die must watch She's On Duty. I like KSA :)

• 2 weeks later...

A tip for Jimbaran & ash_0621: If you want to multi-quote, click the QUOTE button and wait till it turns red. Do the same to the other posts you want to react to; then when you're done, click ADD REPLY at the bottom of this page.

~Love,

Sensei ( :lol: ) melusine

Twas so nice reading your posts, guys! It's always nice when you find people who agree with you, heh. I gotta agree: HyoJin isn't conventionally pretty, she's unconventionally beautiful. Plus her talent plus her charisma plus her personality plus the X factor = definitely a bright future in showbiz.

I'm not surprised you compared her to Kim SunAh, they do share the same fun, girl-next-door vibe and this quality of filling the screen with their unique presence.

@ "S Diary" party

kimsunah1hi6.jpgksa.jpg

I love MNIKSS too! Definitely one of my all-time favorite dramas. The acting, writing, direction and music in that drama just came together perfectly. And it doesn't hurt that Hyun Bin and Daniel Henney are such hotties. ^__^ Would love to see HB and HyoJin work together someday.

Oh, you guys are making me antsy to see "Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy"! From the promos and write-ups, I understood that the drama was going to be more hers (whereas "SangDoo..." was Bi's, ROYOW was YDG's and "Snowman" was JJH's) so I'm glad to hear from you that she gets to display her versatility.

Enjoyed reading the descriptions about HyoJin's smile--it really is one of her best assets, isn't it? It's cool to see people who smile with their whole faces; there's just something very genuine and infectious about it. I realized just now that she also cries the same way: face all crumpled, like her heart is broken, like the world is ending. She never acts in half-measures, she always gives her all.

Speaking of smiles and sunshine and rainbows (lol): It's funny how we're all rooting for different guys. Bi, Gong Yoo, Ryu SeungBeom. :P

Not being a Bi fan, I haven't had the opportunity to observe him closely. If your little-boy-lost theory is correct, Jimbaran, then I feel so "aww" for him. Superstardom is probably a very lonely place and becoming famous as quickly as he did would be hard for anyone to adjust to. I'm sure he'll eventually come to terms with it and be comfortable in his own skin. I agree he'll have a hard time being with someone though; some fans are very possessive and don't want their favorite stars to not be single (like no one's good enough for them). No wonder so few Korean stars admit their relationships publicly.

Re Gong Yoo: You know, at first I didn't think he was cute either. Then I saw him in "S Diary" and "She's On Duty" with KSA (with whom he had great chemistry), and dayuuuum, the boy can kiss. I was going, "When did his body become like that?!" Hee hee. I hope he and HyoJin sizzle together onscreen too. What's funny is that he's friends with both girls in real life. I wonder if it's easier or harder to do romantic scenes with your pal? :D

181piglet246wlduddl9437tj6.jpg

200504292028544573507minm7.jpg

20050504195436923_3538_mid.jpg

20050504195623603_3539_mid.jpg

171piglet246wlduddl9437go3.jpg

731emffo16jt6.jpg

gy10we.jpg

164wlduddl9437ce1.jpg

bt.jpg

jj_1-ssy4702.jpg

aej521tinforestjy5.jpg

128wlduddl9437ht5.jpg

2005090911462746022_2.jpg

113241574510951500jd8.jpg

people08281ej521ws3.jpg

img5e5b15dtmp1emffo16vo1.jpg

In the interview posted on page 4, HyoJin said that she and GY get along very very well (I can't believe I'm feeding the Gong-Gong shippers lol).

(Btw I think HyoJin's friends with KSA, GY, Im SooJung, Yoon JinSeo and Jeon DoYeon because they all belong to the same talent agency SidusHQ.)

And we come to RSB. They were really a couple--confirmed and all. I'm not sure how long they were together--a little more than 2 years, I think. They've worked together 3 times: a drama, "Wonderful Days" (2001), and 2 movies "Conduct Zero" (2002) and "Family Ties" (2006). RSB's not a pretty face either, but he's a superb actor. Do watch "Arahan", it's sooo much fun! He's immensely talented, and that's even more obvious in his recent films "Crying Fist" and "Bloody Tie." What's cute is that the 2 are still obviously friends--SeungBeom's cameo in "Family Ties" is as HyoJin's... ex-boyfriend. :lol: If that's not amicable, I don't know what is. Yeah yeah, I admit it, I'm a total shipper. They made an awesome couple. I actually like the irony that his character in "Conduct Zero" is in love with another girl (even though RSB+GHJ were still a couple offscreen when they shot it). Plus it's a very good film, one they can always be proud of (unlike, say, Bennifer and "Gigli" lol). In the few scenes they have together, their chemistry was palpable. Do you guys watch "Friends"? I remember reading this interview with Jennifer Aniston when she was still married to Brad Pitt, about his guesting stint on her sitcom as this guy who totally hates Rachel because he was a fattie in high school and she was sorta mean to him. Anyway, she said then that if they were ever going to appear onscreen together, it couldn't be as a couple because people would have a hard time distinguishing between real vs. reel. I guess the same principle was at work in "Conduct Zero." Plus RSB and GHJ fit their respective roles so well, almost as if the parts were written with them in mind. I'll dig up their couple pics in my files and post them later. Some rumor was floating around that they're sorta-maybe-kinda heading towards a reconciliation, because they attended the Pusan Intl Film Festival (PIFF '05) last Dec holding hands(!):

<clickable thumbnails>

p0000013hwabo1konghyojinw600am7.th.jpg piff1sn3.th.jpg 2005100622244210031siri107zq1.th.jpg 5ag222031gv6.th.jpg 20051006202106288161wr4.th.jpg 2005112310283611201za6.th.jpg th_35361_25027_2320.jpg

131699pg1105bc5.th.gif 57741sw8.th.jpg img625b15dtmp1emffo16do4.th.jpg kong1grigoloveyf6.th.jpg img5f5b15dtmp1emffo16st8.th.jpg img5b5b15dtmp1emffo16ff0.th.jpg

Welllll, okaaay, so she was also holding hands with Hwang JungMin (RSB's costar in "Bloody Tie", her costar in "Heaven's Soldiers"--I guess they're all friends and went as a threesome date), but who cares about a tiny unimportant detail like that? @_@ Check out the way she's looking at him in the 7th pic! And there's something very couple-ish about them mingling together, wine glass in hand. (Btw, isn't she a knockout in red? *wolf whistles*)

Anyway, it seems the rumor's back, because RSB 'suddenly' showed up at the JIMFF (HyoJin is this year's goodwill ambassador for the filmfest):

2006080920125428086_1.jpg

News

On one hand, if it's true, I'd be ecstatic. No fan could possibly be happier, I swurrrr. On the other hand, I don't want to be one of those crazy shippers who invent romances out of thin air and dissect every single harmless gesture (a lot of drama threads have these poor souls. :vicx: All that 16+ hours of investment really gets to you, lol. I mean, dudes, it's okay to dream, but don't let it go too far, yeah?) Anyway, I know SeungBeom and HyoJin are friends, so if his showing up is nothing more than a friendly gesture, that he really just went there to catch some films and listen to good music... Look, you two, don't tease me. My poor heart can't take it. <_<:lol:

But enough of gossip (at least for now ^__^).

I'm glad HyoJin's very active in supporting these local filmfests. Shows she really has a love for her craft and cinema in general.

Jecheon International Music & Film Festival, Aug 9~14

http://www.jimff.or.kr/

Opening Ceremony - 8/9/06

2006080920161732991_1.jpg

News

Guest banana_milk

thank you melusine for providing so many articles, pictures, etc.! I appreciate it!

Gong Hyo Jin is one of my favorite actresses alongside Shin Minah, Jun Do Yeon, Ha Ji Won, and SooAe, and I, too, first began to admire her for her unconventionality. I love how she is so different than other actresses in that she doesn't hide behind an "image."

Don't get your hopes up for Hardtack teacher and star candy. GHJ acted well, but the plot is not very...good. And the acting of some of her costars were not very commendable.

yes! I found another Ryu Seung Bum and Gong Hyo Jin shipper! You do not know how excited I was when I saw the pictures of GHJ, RSB, and HJM together. They gave me hope :D

Guest Jimbaran

I'm so happy to see this thread alive again :)

Jimbaran & ash_0621: If you want to multi-quote, click the QUOTE button once until it turns red, do this to the other posts you want to react to, then when you're done, click ADD REPLY at the bottom of this page.

So desu ne! Thanks :D But I seem to still have problems..will hv to play with this more.

I love the three solo pictures that you posted of GHJ. I'm gng to use the as my MSN pictures!

I'm not surprised you compared her to Kim SunAh, they do share the same quality of filling the screen with their unique presence. Loved MNIKSS too! Definitely one of my all-time favorite dramas. The acting, writing, direction and music in that drama just came together perfectly. And it doesn't hurt that Hyun Bin and Daniel Henney are such hotties. ^__^ Would love to see HB and HyoJin work together someday.

Hey, have you guys watched the prank played on KSA and Bi? If you haven't, the link is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBvSHpAJy24. It's hilarious! Yes, I like KSA alot after MNIKSS and I'm gng to watch She's On Duty on Youtube soon. I really think it is really a good idea for the Korean tv stations to "allow" their dramas to be shared on Youtube - what better way for their dramas and stars to be exported to every part of this world!

I definitely would want to see HB and GHJ together. Oh man..HB has a killer smile..whenever he smiles and shows his dimples, I feel faint :P

Oh, you guys are making me antsy to see "Hardtack Teacher and Star Candy"! From the promos and write-ups, I did understand that the drama was going to be more hers than the other leads (whereas "SangDoo..." was Bi's, ROYOW was YDG's and "Snowman" was JJH's). I'm glad to hear from you that the drama displays her versatility.

I agree with banana milk that you shldn't get your hopes too high on Hardtack. I've just finished watching it and it is generally a light-hearted show with great chemistry between Gong Yoo and GJH. However, the plot is kind of flimsy and it got too cheesy after the 2nd half. But it is a must-watch for any GJH fan coz the entire show is about her and the script gave her all the opportunities to show her acting skills - sad to say, her co-stars were merely side-kicks. Some of the scenes between her and Gong Yoo were absolutely lovely - like the one where he planted his first kiss on her in the storeroom while she was asleep and she smiled. Gosh! :lol:

Oh yes, I find that between Sangdoo and Hardtack, GJH has BLOSSOMED. In Sangdoo, she was adorable but she was a little thin and looked v young. But in Hardtack, her face filled out and she looked much more sophisticated and radiant. Wow - if she goes back and re-do Sangdoo, there'll be less discourse abt her looks! Plus the outfits in Hardtack looked really good on her. Like...like...like!

Enjoyed reading the descriptions about HyoJin's smile--it really is one of her best assets, isn't it? It's cool to see people who smile with their whole faces; there's just something very genuine and infectious about it. I realized just now that she also cries the same way: face all crumpled, like her heart is broken, like the world is ending. She never acts in half-measures, she always gives her all.

Sigh..watching GHJ's smile and lovely teeth makes me want to wear braces.

Not being a Bi fan, I haven't had the opportunity to observe him closely. I agree he'll have a hard time being with someone though; some fans are very possessive and don't want their favorite stars to not be single (like no one's good enough for them). No wonder so few Korean stars admit their relationships publicly.

I really wonder what Bi's fans will react when he has a girlfriend...can't wait for that to happen and also to see what sort of girl it is. Oh Bi, please hurry up....

And we come to RSB. They were really a couple--confirmed and all. I'm not sure how long they were together--but it was pretty long according to showbiz standards, maybe 3-4 years? They worked together 3 times: a drama, "Wonderful Days" (2001), and 2 movies "Conduct Zero" (2002) and "Family Ties" (2006). RSB's not a pretty face either, but he's a fine actor. Do watch "Arahan", it's sooo much fun! He's immensely talented, and that's even more obvious in his recent films "Crying Fist" and "Bloody Tie." What's cute is that the 2 are still obviously friends--SeungBeom's cameo in "Family Ties" is as HyoJin's... ex-boyfriend. :lol: If that's not amicable, I don't know what is. Yeah yeah, I admit it, I'm a total shipper. They made an awesome couple. I actually like the irony that his character in "Conduct Zero" is in love with another girl (even though RSB+GHJ were still a couple offscreen when they shot it).

I'm totally unfamiliar with RSB. I remember seeing a photo of him somewhere wh he had blond hair and I thot he looked kind of cool. Great - I'll hv these dramas on my must-watch list :)

Melusine - keep the photos of GHJ coming!

Guest ash_0621

Jimbaran & ash_0621: If you want to multi-quote, click the QUOTE button once until it turns red, do this to the other posts you want to react to, then when you're done, click ADD REPLY at the bottom of this page.

~Love,

Sensei melusine

:lol:

Thanks melusine!! :) I've got it on my first trial. I will post later, this will be a long one!! Hehehe!! :P

Yes!!! Yes!!! :w00t: I have just previewed my post and I was able to do what you have instructed.

Maraming salamat!!! B)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ash_0621

Whooahhh, I've been looking for this thread and it's on the 13th page of the forum. :crazy:

I just watched Guns and Talks. I was surprised that Won Bin and Gong Hyo-jin was in this entertaining movie. It's a great movie. I was only killing time and found this movie on my YouTube friend's playlist. I would just like to share some screen caps from the movie. It's recommended for WON BIN AND GONG HYO-JIN fans like me!! Hehehehe!! :P

They looked cute and young!! Enjoy!! :wub:

g20.jpg

g33.jpg

g36.jpg

g37.jpg

g68.jpg

g69.jpg

g80.jpg

g81.jpg

Guest ash_0621

Hi! Improving, the thread is on the 8th page!! :w00t: Does anybody know Hyo-jin's new project (drama series or movie)?? :blink:

I still have to watch Heaven's Soldier and Memento Mori when I have the time. I was just lurking around for Gong Hyo-jin's news!! :ph34r:

I love the Gongs (Gong Yoo :wub: Gong Hyo-jin)!!

Guest cherryonken

I love this actress - she was amazing in Sang Doo.

One of rare few that actually bring me to tears in her acting.

I think she's uniquely beautiful.

(Yet she gets bashed so much in the Sang Doo thread :crazy: )

i love her! definitely one of my faves...always cry in sangdoo..and now i'm close to finishing hello my teacher! [so busy with school..ehhh] i'm still hoping that her and bi keep in contact though hehehe