Do you pretend to Text in awkward situations?

Guest RNB__VIIBEZ

Guest amyoii

No wonder I see people texting all the time. So this is probably the reason why lol I don't text that often unless it's really necessary. In awkward situations I'd just go somewhere else or do something to keep me occupied

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PinakaFaltizan

I only actually text people when there's nothing else to do. 

Otherwise, I make a point that it's awkward and the person we I'm with tries to start a convo. XD

yes i do it a couple of times already.

sometimes, when i don't feel like talking to the people who approaches me. and other stuffs/reasons!

i don't really do it always because i'm too lazy to open my phone cause there's nothing interesting in it ^^

Guest Wingedbunny

Ah sometimes i do pretend to text during awkward moments but sometimes i'll really go text someone and explain the awkward situation to them and laugh about it. However sometimes it gets awkward with some of my classmates who i don't like and it will just be like..

This is awkward so i'm just gonna go over there okay?.... :mellow:...bye...

Guest JOONIE.su

ALL THE TIME, LOL. On trains when you get weird stares or you want to avoid someone you know that you dont want to say hi to. Or when you're hanging with people you dont really know so you start texting to act like you're not bothered by the awkward silence because you're too busy punching in letters on your phone.

Guest _chibi-dragon_

All the time, pretty much the story of my life. At parties and I'm trying to avoid conversation, on the street when I'm passing someone I know, in the shopping mall waiting for someone for someone, whenever mum wants me to talk to people I don't know... all the time :/

Guest byess

LOL Yeah ! I'll like look at my inbox a bunch of times then look at my different phone settings and pretend that I'm texting . It makes me feel less awkward I guess haha .

Guest ms_kermi

I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't do this. I usually just stand there and wait for the "situation" to stop or get less awkward. if my presence is the cause of the awkwardness, I'd make an excuse to leave. If I'm avoiding something, I'd just pretend I didn't see it/him/her. Maybe it's because I'm not a 'text' person to begin with, and I only use my phone for important reasons (school, communicating with parents, etc).  

haha of course! :] sometimes i actually do text people in case it becomes awkward again; but it sucks because sometimes the person replies in the middle of an actual conversation. I also pretend to text when I see someone, but I don't want to talk to them :P

Guest xtwinni

Usually when I don't wanna talk to someone, I pretend to text. xD Or at least busy my fingers with something......

Archived