Do you pretend to Text in awkward situations?

Guest RNB__VIIBEZ

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest _unnie_24_

^ Same xD

when im in a group where the convo doesnt really concern me at all or theres no way for me to sorta join in, haha I just go on fb and see what is happening even tho ive probably seen it all already..

Guest MayKayy

Haha I did not know people did this until I saw luanlegacy's video on youtube. No wonder people around me always seem to be busy with their phones lol.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest adorkobo

poo hee hee I did this sometimes..=P
...aaand one time ..this one guy, who assumed everybody in the world does this fake-texting-when-in-awkward-situation, kept talking to me even though I was actually (not texting...but..) dialing a phone number on my cell and was putting the phone up to my ears and was talking on the phone. Lol...he kept analyzing my situation saying that I was awkward...blah blah blah...no need to pretend to look like im busy..blah blah blah...lol~ I thought it was cute

Guest YooAmie

I use to.. when I had credit ._. now that I don't have any credit, I cant text nor go onto the internet, so I just sit and look at my pictures or something... .___.

i try and look through my contact list to see who i can text.. 
then i realize that i have no one to text LOL 
ehh, i hate texting people so even in awkward situations i`ll just play with my phone or something and deal with it 

Guest milly

Yes. I do it all the time. Usually, I do it when I know people are going to approach me but I act busy for no good reason to avoid any confrontation or anything.

Guest juwiee

All the bloody time lol, I wonder why we always do that. It's in every awkward situation everyone turns to their phone :/ like at the dinner table haha

Yup! Although by the time the person texts me back the awkward situation is usually over and I'm all cringed out.

Although, top tip on getting out of strange people talking your ear off in public, text someone and ask them to call you, making up some reason to talk to them when they do or just simply tell them that, yes, there was a strange man/woman engaging in conversation with you. Hey presto, you get to walk away from the stranger and the awkwardness.

Although never pretend to call someone just to escape, the phone will usually ring nearly blowing out your eardrum and making you hideously embarrassed
:-q

So, did we all learn something from this? Good!

Guest charcoalapples

Yes I have. I never mean to be rude, I just feel super uncomfortable talking to the person. Or when I am in a group of people I am not familiar with. XD

Guest asuka1430291743

Lol.  I pretend to text when I want to look like I'm busy.  Example, a hallway's empty except I'm sitting by some lockers and close by there's a group of guys.  I can't help but hear what they're saying but I don't want to look like I'm eavesdropping so I pretend to be busy.  Also, when people I don't want to talk to around.  I'll text so they don't talk to me.  xD

Guest aliciaatethesandwich

I like to take things a step further and pretend to talk on the phone. My conversations aren't every elaborate, mostly just "Hey...how was your day...are you serious...and what did you say...uh huh...yeah...really...i believe that...uh huh...uh huh...yep...i could have told you that...that sucks...uh huh...how did she feel...she said that to you..."

It works most of the time unless I don't look confident in what I'm saying. Then the person won't want to talk to me anyways because they think I'm a weirdo.

Archived