Do you pretend to Text in awkward situations?

Guest RNB__VIIBEZ

Yeah! But I usually do actually text my friends or read tweets/tweet something on Twitter.

I do this every time I go through the lunch area alone to get to my locker at school.

I feel very awkward just walking through every one that hangs out there. I don't know why, I just do. o_o

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

of course! Who doesn't do that? (I sometimes actually text though)

I admit I have staring problems. If i don't occupy my eyes with something I'll start staring at random things, the next thing I know I'd be staring at some strangers and they'd give me awkward looks back. I hate that.

Guest tratout.me

When I was very shy I would pretend to text in order to avoid eye contact or conversations with strangers.

Or if I was a third wheel, I'd pretend text to make it look like I didn't mind being left out.

There was a really awkward situation once.

My friend's brother answered the front door in his underwear.

To avoid giving him weird looks, I fake texted. 

Guest daradiridaraduu-

ALL the time!

Except you know, i don't have a phone... so that makes it 10x more awkward.

Guest tratout.me

ALL the time!

Except you know, i don't have a phone... so that makes it 10x more awkward.

Twiddling your thumbs.

Guest makiwong

YES! during rush hour on the toronto subway, I was sitting with a stranger (male) crotch almost glued to my face, so I took out my blackberry and pretended to avidly text, making facial expressions to pretend to react to 'replies' and everything. Like the idiot I am, I dismissed the fact that stations we were going through has no wireless connection. GREAT. I looked stupid.

Guest yzas1804

Yes. Basically. I do this all the time... it's not always just about pretending to text though. Sometimes I actually text someone telling them how awkward it is, or I'll go on facebook on my phone or something... Worst case scenario is I've definitely had to fake having a conversation on the phone before to avoid having to talk to someone.

Guest Kasumi

yep! I was eating dinner with my bf's friends who I've never met before and they kept talking about stuff I didn't know or couldn't jump in.

Guest lunastelle

puahahhah yes all the time. especially if i'm by myself and i don't want to be looking up staring or something..sometimes i text or i just go on soompi xDDD;

Uhh.. who doesn't?! I do that every awkward situation. Or when I am going to meet someone and he/she hasn't arrived yet.

Guest Syncourt

Awkward...I usually just steer the convo into something else.

But boring...ahh...thats something else. Thats when the phone comes out and you fire off texts to people or reply to messages hours ago hoping to sate your boredom.

Guest idle-chipmunk

i don't pretend to text, but sometimes i text people and tell them i'm in an awkward situation. HAHA! sweatingbullets.gif

gives me something to do..

Archived