Do you pretend to Text in awkward situations?

Guest RNB__VIIBEZ

Guest christelle-g

haha That's so true. I did it when that guy was hitting on me. I pretended texting my friend and told him I gotta go because my friend was waiting for me. My only alternative to escape that guy lol

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kathyun12

Actually for me, sometimes I do it because I feel it's fun...biggrin.gif But when it comes to chatting in net that is definitely yes.

But when it comes in texting I guess I rarely do that...laugh.gif

Guest leeseohae

Oh hell yeah. I do that all the time too. But there was this one scenario which I can never forget. So, there was this guy who my friend introduced me to. My friend just have to leave us so that we would 'get to know more' about each other. We talked about certain things and random places. After a few minutes of talking, I realized that this guy and I shared nothing in common. Whatever I talk about, he doesn't take interest in. What he talks about, I have no knowledge on. So, when there was nothing else to talk about, we were so quiet that it started to get uncomfortable. To make it seem like I'm doing something, I flipped out my phone and just started pressing keys. He seemed to be doing the same too but I don't know if he was pretending or not. After another round of minutes, I told the guy that I have to go because my friend texted me. He asked for my number and we bid goodbyes. The next day, he texted me saying, 'Your friend never texted you, right?' I was like, 'Oh snap! Busted.' I was so embarrassed I didn't have the courage to face him when our mutual friends had this get together. He still teases me about it until this very day.

Guest Rita1430281860

All the time! lol Especially when I just left my class and I have no idea what to do. I stand against the wall and pretend like I'm texting. lol And if I'm looking for a place, but walk around the same place a few times. I look at my phone as if I'm trying to find someone who apparently keeps running away. lol :crazy:

Guest nuwera

I always do that in awkward situations or try to play with my mobile.

Sometimes I just can't take it that I'm forced to do that :D

Guest SoshifiedSone9Angels

AHAHA!!! Man i don't text instead i played games on my Cellphone whenever there is an awkward situation that arise, i just needed to escape from it!!LOL!!

But sometimes i do texting too, i will txt my friends some random sentences and they were like "What?'

I remember texting this to my friend when i was being awkward in front of the table with family members

From me To:My friend "Hey the hella what the~! I'm so so over it!" then she texted back "Are you crazy?Try to annoy someone else then!"

Guest ichigobunnie

cant remember if i responded to this post before xD guess ill post

yes i do that in these situations:

1. Someone sits next to you and you dont want to talk to them so you pretend to look busy. Especially if you kno who the person is and u want to avoid them.

2. Getting away from a creepy guy. That should be self explanatory xD

3. Sitting all alone, waiting for friends to meet up and you're the first one there and you feel weird alone in front of the host/hostess at the restaurant...u get the gist lol

Guest min_60

I do, especially when I'm alone and I feel awkward so I just fiddle with my phone. Can't do that on the underground though, so instead of doing that, I fool around with my iPod. XD

Guest antarcticheart

well, uhhh, i usually just preoccupy myself with my phone. it's just

a good way to keep myself from appearing to nervous or whatever.

haha, yes!!

sometimes i`m forced to go out somewhere with my parents and no one`s there, i feel like a loner.

except i`m not much of a texter so i never know who to text. (x

i usually just end up playing a game

• 4 weeks later...
Guest lhuang

YES LOL well i just look down, unlock my phone, touch my trackpad a lil, then lock it again. then repeat.

Guest HERMIT

Yeah, I used to phantom text whenever I'm encountering an awkward situation.

But I don't anymore because I've come to realize that no amount of fake texting is going to make the empty dispenser magically fill up with toilet paper in the public restroom stall I'm in.

Guest Zom.B

ALWAYS. sometimes if I don't know who to text I go around in my pictures and lightly tap my keyboard -.-

Guest Joo-Se-Fii-N

Hahah yes! I do.

But if it gets super awkward, I giggle uncontrollably for some reason. >-<'

Archived