Kim Hyun Joo 김현주 Upcoming Drama 2024: The Bequeathed

LHRCN_

Guest kcmg25

Yes LHRCN, I really salute Kim Hyun Joo. Wow, imagine acting with different emotions and expressions is a talent not all actresses can do. Maybe through the years of being an actress who is known for her exceptional acting skills, Kim Hyun Joo has gained a lot of knowledge and technique on how to portray every character she plays near to perfection. I guess if this drama is under in either the three big TV stations in Korea, there is a big chance that she would get an award. But people and viewers who are recognizing and praising her acting ability is a proof that she is fit for the role of Lady Jo. This is indeed a turning point to her acting career in which all of us were surprised. As this drama continues, all of us Kim Hyun Joo fans are expecting a more evil and vicious Lady Jo whose aspiration is to over rule the whole Joseon and manipulate the people around her.
Yup. 11% is not bad at all. Usually the dramas of 2012 got that kind of average in ratings especially if the drama ranges from 16 to 20 episodes. Writers and PDs really want her to be a part of their dramas because she fits to any kind of characters. Reasons are her acting skills, versatility and her looks because she doesn't age at all. I remember that back in the early 2000s, she was the first choice to play the role of Jang Geum. It's the same year that SBS offered her the drama "The Land". MBC staffs said that she fits the role of Jang Geum because her personality matches how JangGeum was being decribed. In the end she chose ''The Land".
I remember in the blog posted here during the MBC Drama Awards, it was mentioned that Kim Hyun Joo was one of the few actors and actresses who would look over the audience especially to her fans and greeted them with her smile. Aw, those people were so lucky. Hahaha! Yup, she's also famous as one of the forerunners for good deeds. She's not only naturally beautiful on the outside but also inside. Those people who are her friends and acquaintances are sure very lucky to met and have a friend like Kim Hyun Joo. Also, she's a very loving daughter to her family. Not only that, she's very close with the nuns too and that proves her to be a religious person. No wonder, I read in an article that she sometimes get depress, but not to the point of getting suicide. That proves that she has a strong faith and a positive outlook in life. 
I hope she and Jeon Tae Soo are getting along well since the scenes that they are filming together are not just ordinary scenes we saw on TV. Me too, I don't worry on Kim Hyun Joo in terms of working with her colleagues. She's a bubbly and friendly person that's why no wonder that the people she is working with have positive feedbacks about her. And she is not a pain in the neck unlike other celebrities who have attitude problems. I'm so happy that many entertainers are praising her. What does the MC mean that she is clean? Does it mean she has a pure heart or she is an OC? Hehehe. Yup, I bet many co-actors are crushing on her. Not just her leading man but the other actors as well. I remember the video during the after party of the Twinkle Twinkle cast and crew. The guy who portrays as her brother wishes to hug her so when she arrived the actor was so happy to receive a hug from her. I'm getting curious again who are the guys who went after her. Hehehe. BTW, after "Cruel Palace", I want Kim Hyun Joo to be paired up again with So Ji Sub, but since the entertainment industry in Korea is sensitive to scandals and issues I know that there is a little or no chance for them to be paired up even if a lot of people and fans want that. I just noticed, every time the two of them would make a drama under one station, either one of them would just be present during the awards night. That happened twice. In the year 2004 and 2012. Also, among the drama "Glass Shoes" cast, only the two of them have no love life. I sometimes wish that the two of them will end up together 'coz they're so perfect for each other, but I know there's a little chance for that since they don't contact each other anymore.
When is Shin Hyun Joon's wedding day? I hope she will attend despite her busy filming schedule. Both Kim Hyun Joo and So Ji Sub are friend with Shin Hyun Joon so there's a chance that the two would meet there if ever both of them will attend the wedding. That wedding does sure to have many guests who are actors and actresses. 

Guest kcmg25

I agree that in the first photo, she looked so beautiful. Her eyes and her lips reminded me of her photo when she joined the Child Beauty Contest. She has big round eyes and her signature full lips. She doesn't look like a typical Korean beauty.
About KTH's acting in her new drama, I haven't heard any positives reviews so far.  People would always consider her as an actress who has a pretty face, but lacks in acting skills. Unlike KTH, her younger brother shows good acting skills which was noticed by the many. It's the same case as Ha Ji Won and her younger brother Jeon Tae Soo. HJW is known as one of the finest actresses in Korea, but her brother is inconsistent in terms of showing his acting abilities. So far his best portrayal was in Sungkyunkwan Scandal as Ha In Soo. I do hope that in Cruel Palace, he would show off a good portrayal of his role as Nam Hyuk during the time he will make his return in the said drama.
When I saw the second picture, I noticed her hand showing a V sign then I remember that her eye are not close during that scene. I laughed when I saw that because KHJ never let every moment in the set to be dull and boring. Even if all the scenes they shoot are heavy, she still finds time to brighten up the atmosphere which is a must. JTS is indeed good looking especially during his fighting scenes. He looks so manly in those scenes. Me too, i wonder what does KHJ's brother and mother look like. I remember that she said once that all of them in the family have thick lips. That makes me think if his brother resembles some feature from her just like JTS o HJW. Could you please post that video you're referring to regarding her brother and mother? Thank you in advance.
I watched The Land with my mom and auntie and we love the storyline and character of KHJ there. Actually, The Land has a deeper story than Jang Geum since the story was based from what happened to the Koreans during the Japanese invasion and also the successful story of Choi Seo Hee. She used her cleverness and firmness in making plans and decisions on how to get her land back. She may be strong, but she is warm hearted as well especially to her family and the people who didn't left her. That's why The Land is considered as one of the top five most unforgettable historical dramas according to the Korean viewers. Also the drama got a very high viewership ratings and it won as the best drama in a prestigious drama and film festival in Korea. KHJ chooses dramas in which either she will learn something from the character or the ones that are new and challenging for her. She is not after who will be her co-stars or leading man.
Hahaha! When I watched that video I can't help but to laugh and feel happy for the actor. He really wanted to receive hug from KHJ that's why when KHJ granted his wish, he was so happy. I wonder if Kim Suk Hoon saw that? Hehehe. That shows that KHJ is a type of actress who is down to earth, friendly, not snobbish and is not choosy in terms of who she wants to be friends with. That's one trait of KHJ that others really like. She is an actress who lends her hand to her co-entertainers especially the newbies. She's not like the other actresses who on befriend those who are rich and famous.
I read that article regarding an actress who said sorry to KHJ, but I don't understand since all of the articles are in Korean. So thank you LHRCN for translating it. Poor KHJ during that time, but at least she showed professionalism as a newbie. The actress is obvious to be sorry and guilty for what she did to KHJ. Imagine, it took fifteen years for her to said sorry and on it was on the national tv. She really mean it. I guess she has no contacts with KHJ and she seems to feel uncomfortable and awkward towards KHJ after what she did to her. That could be a reason on why KHJ is so good and nice to those who are new in the entertainment industry in Korea. Could you also post that video? I want to watch it. Please? Hehehe.
I'm so proud of her. I can't believe that only her and Cha Seung Won waved to their fans. What about the other actors and actresses? I pity their fans who gave much effort in cheering and supporting their fave stars during that awards night. I'm sure the male actors during that night were captivated by KHJ's beauty. She's like a goddess during that night. For me she's the most beautiful in that awards night. No wonder KSH's heart was fluttered everytime he looked at KHJ. Hehehe.
Yes, Go Soo always teases her and is a gentleman towards KHJ. During their interview for their drama, GS rubbed KHJ's back when the latted coughed because she was sick during that time. Also, Yun Sang Hyun from the same drama showed admiration towards her. It's because of her kind heart and also she's appealing. It's different from his comment with his co-star in a drama in which he said he is not comfortable first with the actress because the actress looks like a snobbish. I remember when KSH was asked regarding his ideal type, all of these described KHJ and when he said something about KHJ, ha mentioned the qualities he's looking for his ideal type. There's a possibility that he admired her. I don't know now. With LDW, they seemed to be very close that resulted to misinterpretations. I think KHJ treated him as his younger brother and LDW is very comfortable with KHJ. That's because they have the same personality. So it means Cha  Tae Hyun had a crush on KHJ even if he's in a relationship during that time? Now it made me realized on why KHJ joked during CTH's wedding day that she though he would marry her. They seemed to be close because she can throw jokes to him like that. Also with her leading man in In-Soon is Pretty. In one of their BTS videos, the actor came back to check on KHJ and he even surprised her by dusguising himself with the use of a mask. With SJS, I can feel that they really had mutual feelings for each other before. But why did Lee Jong Soo wanted to matchmake them? Is it because they look so good together or SJS is known to have a huge crush on KHJ? 
I hate to say this but it's a question on why they wouldn't want KHJ and SJS to be present in one event? SJS had a scandal with Han Ji Min but the two both attended last year's SBS Drama Awards. It's also related when KHJ attended the premiere of Kim Ji Ho's movie while KJH attended SJS's movie. I mean, there's a big possibility that KJH invited SJS but the latter declined it for whatever reason. So many events that the two could meet but it never happen so I don't give high hopes that both the two of them would attend Shin Hyun Joon's wedding. But whenever KHJ is invited to a wedding she's always pressnt. I just don't know now since she busy with her drama. 
I thought that after the funeral of Park Yong Ha wherein SJS and KHJ were always present and during then time SJS went to Kim Hyun Joo's father funeral, their closeness and friendship will rekindle, but not. They seem to care for each other but they don't give themselves the chance to be friends again. It's like they care for each other because they have past. KHJ's first celebrity friend was PYH that's why she visited everyday for a few hours. It also became an issue that KHJ and SJS were together during PYH's funeral. Maybe that's a one reason why they don't want the two of them to be in the same place. And that is to avoid issues.

Guest LHRCN

the picture when she was 5 years old when she won the Beauty contest, frankly I couldnt recognize her, I just recognize her lips and big round eyes, besides that her face doesnt look like her, I guess she had baby fat back then. right now she has this small face which is very unique. I think she looks more like Chinese or some Western Girl than Korean girl??

I did watch SungKyungHwan scandal and i found Jun Tae Soo was pretty good in that drama, maybe it was his first drama so I found him pretty good for the first time appearing on TV. as for NH, i think he lacks many to portray this character. But i do agree with other fans that this character shines next to Yam Chun's character. right now I am Ok with his acting, as long as he appears next to Kim Hyun Joo. I do hope that he will be more kick richard simmons when he comes back as a new NH and I guess there will be a time laps till he comes back, so when the character gets older I do hope he will act more serious than this young NH. about KTH and all other actresses , actors who dont act why. I find it a waste to give them important and big projects like those dramas. Image those dramas would become great if the writers give it to actors who can really act. but you know in Korea, it doesnt matter if you can act or not, once youre famous, have more fans, you will get to act in beautiful dramas. that is why we have more and more idols/ singers who turn actresses/ actors. sorry but I hate it whenever i see idols act in drama or singers try to act, I really hate it.

about Land, yeah I think she said at the after party of ''Land'' that she really liked that character, her mother liked it too. its about a mother who loves her children and who can do everything for her child. she not only loves her children but she loves the land and the people who live on her land as well. I like how KHJ portrayed the character from her 20s to her 60s. She was a spoiled/cold girl when she was 20. But when she married she changed because of her husband and later she changed into a loving mother/ grandmother. so Land was really success? I only know that it got over 40% something with its ratings., i didnt know it is in TOP 5 most successful historical drama. btw I read from wikipedia that Land is based on the novel with the same name and it has more than 100 characters. the characters also were portrayed in the drama and i found it pretty interesting how they have that many characters for a drama. btw i think the writer of Land died in 2008 and after Land , in the year 2005? i saw Kim Hyun Joo visiting her. I think because of the drama 's popularity, Kim Hyun Joo had a chance to meet the real writer. I am happy that she not only focus on her acting but besides that she like to know about writers, books and other things about her as well.

yeah I think she said on one of the radio or at Taxi show? i dont remember, she said that when she was a newbie she receive many helps from her seniors so right now she tries to help her juniors as much as she can. and its their choice to accept her help or not,but at least she tries to help what she can do. If you notice the videos of all the behind the scenes, she always help Park Yoo Hwan behind the scene with his script, or the girl who played her youngest sister in Twinkle, she teached her how to act, recently in Cruel Palace, if you see the behind the pics, she was teaching the girl who plays Lee sangcung. and I think the actresses must feel comfortable around her that is why they asked for her help.

I havent watched that interview you said Go Soo teased her. but I am pretty sure they felt comfortable with each other back then. yeah the actor Yoon Sang Hoon really liked her as well, I read in this thread before that he mentioned that she was a really cute senior to him ( he is older than her but she is his senior because she started acting earlier than him). they were comfortable with each other behind the scene as well. about cha Tae Hyun, they were really really close back then, i think they were so close that he stated that he had a crush on her, and she also teased him how he liked her but ended up marrying another girl. I dont know whether KSH had feelings for her during twinkle? but to her, i think he is just a co-star , a partner. Because I dont see her playing or teasing him like she did with other actors who she has acted with. LDW, they were close, but they were just friends, I guess. The actor from Insoon, now you mentioned that he went to check on her after he was done with the fiming, I wonder if he also had a crush on her back then?? and SJS, you know he is a guy with little words. I never seen him mention any girl , he even stated that he didnt have any numbers of his co-stars. A man who is shy around girl. But I got surprised by how close he was with Kim Hyun joo back then. she must be someone who he felt comfortable with. why was she the only female who he was close with? and why ONLY her? I think in the year 2003, KHJ had a fanmeeting in Vietnam. and sjs went there in the year 2002. recently I got a chance to read an old article about that fanmeeting of her. the MC asked if she knew something about Vietnam before she was here. she then answered that she asked sjs about it, and he gave her tips. they must be very close that she easily called him like that right? not even that he gave her tips when she went abroad, it sounds like he was worry about her, and he always knew her schedule? not? Lee Jong Soo was a friend of both of sjs and KHJ, but KHJ knew him before sjs. He later got close to sjs because they acted together. In one of the old article i read from sjs's thread that they began dating because of Lee Jong Soo. I got surprised when the article stated the name Lee Jong Soo. and I went to look for him and he was indeed a close friend of both of them. yeah I also find it strange that the 2 never present at the same event. when Kim Ji Ho had a movie, sjs didnt have any schedule but he did not attend it I am sure KJH invited him because he invited her to his movie as well. but why he didnt attend it??? this is really a big question? I thought the same as you did. after PYH's funeral i thought they would rekind and helped each other during those hard time, but they were not. but i do believe he called her to comfort her??? well he attended her father's funeral, so i do hope he asked her number and called her? I do think it was a difficult time for them both, KHJ lost her father after that she went abroad to volunteer in bangladesh and India, so its hard for her to get in touch with her friends. yeah the Press always made it big when it comes to KHJ and SJS together, during PYH's funeral. I read so many articles stated that sjs and KHJ kept their respect for him..etc. always the 2 of them. right now because you mentioned it so i just stated what I saw, but i already gave up my hope of them being together.****

this is the video of the last day of her father's funeral, when they went outside, the guy who stands next to her, not her manager, but the other guy who is tall and has a armband around this arm,i think he is her brother
and the woman in black hanbok, who stands next to her crying, i think its her mother ( because she was wearing a black hanbok as well, other ajummas were wearing a white hanboks)

this is from happy together. they started to talking about the past accident at 9min.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xrg7f8_happy-together-ep239-p1_creation?search_algo=2#.UXLg4krvt1A

this one is at beaksang awards, but she didnt win, ahh too bad

Guest LHRCN

ahhhhhhhhh Someone please call me crazy or help me to get this straight, no matter how I look over it, I see so many common and evidence/ coincidences of Kim Hyun Joo and sjs.

Guess what. Kim Hyun Joo is going to have her own cafe, its Bella Beans coffee of her own. It will be located in her hometown, in Ilsan, Gonggi-do. i think it will be opened from the 25th? but i dont know which month? april or May?
her S-box company just posted about this news at her LIPS they also shared a photo of the shop, they are preparing for the opening and it still looks half done. so i dont think its going to open this 25th? right? it could be open on 25th because its 1 day after her birthday? but why i see from the pic that the shop is not done yet? maybe its an OLD pic.

But what I wanted to say is, sjs does have his own coffee, Twosome place near his home in Inchoen and now Kim Hyun Joo. Am I crazy that I see so many common between them? what do you guys think? why must it be coffee? and why must it be a coffee shop? OK I know that she likes coffee so much, but in able to avoid the rumors from the Korean press she shouldnt do it, unless behind her there is someone who support her? am I the only one who have this thought??

Besides this, they both released a single last year, they both like to skate and snowboarding, both like country side, both like to cook, both share the same ideal type. I think I am too CRAZY today after reading what about her coffee opening.

Guest kcmg25

Among all those baby pictures of Kim Hyun Joo shown on the national TV and different websites, the one in which she was being dressed up with make-up closely resembles her face. Other pictures look blurry and small. Yes, she sometimes looks like a Western girl rather than a Korean girl. It's because of her thick lips, double eyelids plus the structure and shape of her face. 
Jun Tae Soo's first drama appearance was on the King and I, but his role there is just small. Sungkyunkwan Scandal rose him to stardom, plus the fact that he is Ha Ji Won's brother made him more recognizable to the people. I think why we think he lacks in acting is because the Nam Hyuk that was introduced has a soft character. Maybe when he comes back, a strong and brave NH will exist in the drama. OM, I can't wait for his return. I also think that NH will appear after some years. Truly, he shines next to KHJ when they act together. Yes, if an entertainer is popular, has looks though the acting skill lacks, DPs will don't mind to include that kind of entertainer as the protagonist or as one of the main characters in a drama whether it's a low budget or not. Usually, there are more who are deserving but they still get those who have strong charisma and in the hype of their career. It's just their one way of making the drama popular and achieve high ratings. Actually, not all dramas with high ratings have good story lines. I already proven that for so many times. Some are just interesting from the beginning but gets confusing and boring as the drama goes on until the end. Some looks appealing because their favorite stars (especially idol stars) are there but the story is senseless. In my opinion, only few idol stars can act. 
In the drama The Land everybody can relate to the story. It shows all the situations in life experiencing by those who belong to the upper and lower class and those who are in power and not. I watched it on the Arirang TV's Showbiz Korea. The topic was about the historical dramas and the top five most unforgettable historical dramas were mentioned. The top five were based on the answers of the Korean viewers and The Land was included. When I heard it I was so happy, because it proves how successful the drama is and it really touched the viewer's hearts by the story and the actors and actresses as well. The Land was based on a novel and KHJ was the third one to portray the role of Choi Seo Hee that's why it's a big challenge for her since it's expected that there would be compoarisons in portraying CSH. 
Aw, she is indeed a person who always keep her feet on the ground. She's down-to-Earth that's why her fellow entertainers always praise her. Those who were given the chance to work with her were sure lucky and also those who she is working with in The Cruel Palace. I saw it on the BTS videos of Twinkle Twinkle and in one of the photos in TCP that she helped her co-stars what to do on their scene while reading the script. For sure there's no tension on the set instead they're having fun and bond with each other.
I watched that video of Go Soo and KHJ a many years ago but it can't be found now on Youtube. Maybe I just forgot the name. The two of them looked so comfortable with each other and they always teased one another. I'm just wondering what if KHJ and Yoon Sang Hyun will be paired up together in a rom-com? That would be great since both of them can play funny roles. Hahaha! One of Cha Tae Hyun's celebrity crushes would most probably be KHJ until now. Only of course if he were to ask who would it be. Regarding KHJ and So Ji Sub about the fanmeeting in Vietnam? I bet they're still in a relationship with each other during that time. They may not say it directly, but the way they mentioned each others names and how they care for each other only showed that they're together during that time. Lee Jong Soo probably helped SJS to be closer to KHJ and it resulted to an exclusive dating status. Wait, why some people are saying that KHJ doesn't love SJS instead she liked Somg Seung Hoon even before they starred together in Calla? I think that's the reason why some SJS fans doesn't want KHJ for him, though a lot of people of course are telling them that Kim Hyun Joo is a nice person and it would be so good if they're together. LHRCN, when did KHJ said that she wanted SJS to call her? Is that true? When it come to SJS and KHJ (I mean the chance of them to meet) the media will make it an issue or a hot topic. That time (Park Yong Ha's and KHJ father's funeral) was the moment the two of them encountered after so many years and it became headline. After that no more chances for them to meet nor news that the two of them are close again. Same here. I'm not expecting that they would end up together, but if ever they would be, they would be the best couple with the greatest love story in the Korean entertainment industry. 

Guest LHRCN

I didnt know that Jeon Tae su debuted before sungkyunghwan scandal, I only know him from SKH scandal. but i hate the fact that he is well known because he is his sister's brother. I really hate it. me too. I cant wait for his return, i mean NH's return, i think we have to wait a bit more for his return. I do love this couple onscreen, besides the bloody war among the King's women, the romance of this couple which makes me excited for the next ep. so I hope he would comeback sooner so I can get my medicine every week. just thinking about this character, this NH's character would be more kick richard simmons if the actor was Oh Ji Ho, Jang Hyuk or some manly actors ( I love Oh Ji Ho from Slave Hunters, he is really good in Saeguk, so i want to see him to act with KHJ )

about drama Land, so you watched it on arirang. i see that they are showing land on arrirang right now? or was it a few years back? but i saw the posters of Land last week at their website. i think KHJ really like to challenge herself that is why she picked projects that people could easily compare. btw I love KHJ's appearance in Land, I mean her hanbok and light make-up made she looks so nice and elegant as a mother. the hanboks are simple, yet so beautiful and she had very little make-up. Not like her Lady Jo's character, this character has so many make-up, but i like her red lipstick. she looks so sexy as evil Lady Jo. her hanboks in Cruel palace are beautiful too, but it has too much accessory which makes she looks old. but still she looks elegant in those hanboks.

Regarding her personality and how close she get with actors who she works with, i have to mention that her beauty shines too. remember watching the video of Twinkle Twinkle, it was at the Press Conference of Twinkle, and Lee Yuri said Kim Hyun Joo unnie is so beautiful today. you know LYR is a woman but she complimented another woman( KHJ) it proves that KHJ is very beautiful in real life.( OMG cant image many male actors fall are frozen because of her beauty). yes i would love to see KHJ and Yoon sang Hyun to act again too. it would be cool if they had a rom-com together. i dont think Yoon Sang Hyun suit historical dramas, his face looks so funny so i only like him in comedy. about Cha Tae hyun, well the man is so funny and he has so many jokes on TV so I dont know which is his real words and which not. he once said that he liked sung Yuri as well. But I do believe that He and KHJ were close. so they both joking each other like that is cute.

Regarding KHJ and SJS, i did meany research about them, I will draw this time -line for you guys so you can see how their relationship went.( I dont know if I am correct)

**1997 Kim Hyun Joo + SJS + Lee Jong Soo starred together in kbs Oh happy day( i think this show was aired till 98? so they had known each other for 2 years) KHJ+ Lee Jong Soo were MC together as the same time, which means in 1997 or before that drama? Lee Jong Soo was close with SJS, SJS is close with KHJ, KHJ is close with LJS because the show they were MCing.( I still dont know who knew the other first. KHJ knew LJS before, or they just knew each other when they starred in that KBS oh happy day?)
** 1997 to 2000 SJS+ KHJ were very close. Which proved that in 2000 ( when KHJ was at her TOP, she had a photoshoot with SJS in Thailand)
**1998 KHJ had a movie with Park Yong Ha ( and became close with him, he became her best friend, while PYH is also a best friend to SJS, so I guess the 3 KHJ, PYH, SJS had their friend club??) or they hung out together?
**2002 both starred in Glass Slipper ( still very close with each other)
**end 2002 SJS went to Vietnam, he had a fanmeeting their
**2002 after Glass slipper, rumors broke out that the 2 were datings, both denied, but still seeing each other. ( fans thought that they dated after Glass slipper, but some rumor stated that they dated a while back before 1997? SJS's fans started to hate KHJ because there were some rumors that SJS liked her but she liked Song seung Hun and because she knew SJS is close with SSH so she begged SJS to match make her with SSH, which broke SJS's heart, his fans hated her for that? a few years later some SJS korean fans stepped out and cleared the rumors, they were saying that there was nothing like that, KHJ didnt beg sjs to match make her with SSH, also there were no rumors of her liking SSH.) ahh fans are so mean**angry*
**2003 KHJ had a movie in HongKong with Venesse Wu, end of 2003 she had a fanmeeting in VN, she mentioned SJS at the fanmeeting, which meant they still seeing each other, or contacted each other
**2004 KHJ had drama Miss Kim, SJS had drama What happened in Bali, once again rumors broke out that they still dating.
**November 2004 at the Press conference of Land, reporters asked her about SJS ( because it was SJS's peak in his career, he was during this time very popular that is why reporters asked her about his popularity) she answered that she was happy for him, he was cool in I'm sorry , but im love you, because her busy schedule but she would watch his drama once she had time.
**2004 in one of SJS 's interview, reporters asked him who were his close friends in the industry, he answered, SSH, kwon sang woo, park yong ha, and the only female was KHJ, he also stated please dont started any rumors about her, please, but rumors started again.
**2005 he enlisted in the army ( there were still rumors of them dating, and they stated they they lost contact after those rumors broke out)
**2005 KHJ was busy this whole years, her Land drama ended in July 2005, after this she had Marrying a millionaire till January 2006( so no time to see him, while he was in army)
**2006 he still was in the army, she took 2 years break, she went to London, traveled all over Korea
**2007, he came back from the army on April 27th, KHJ came back with Insoon is pretty in November 2007
**2009 June, at the Press conference of Partners she mentioned something about SJS ( this is what I read from the korean article). Then before Partners started to air, she was on KBS star Date ( a variety show) . The MC was saying how comfortable and close she was with the actors on the set. she answered yes. Then the MC said that is why you had rumors with your male partners right? she answered yes. The MC said: you had one BIG dating scandal? she laughed and said: No ( I wonder did she have another dating rumor before???) the MC asked:'' are you still close with him?'' she answered:'' its because of the rumor that is why we lost contact''. then they cut of some lines, on the TV the words '' a Wish '' appears. she then went to said about her wish, she said'' I wish if he saw this, he would contact me'' , she said this with her sad face ( OMG, i wondered if he called her??) then the MC went on talking about other things. after this show was aired, SJS's fans started to bash her again, they were saying, now that he is at his peak in life and acting, she started to cling on him, fans were talking so many negative things about her. they were saying that she didnt let him go, she wanted to start with him again( those fans were so mean, but i think i understand them, when there are things like this on TV, they sure will react like this)
during this year SJS also had an interview with some magazine and he stated that it was true that he lost contact with KHJ after the rumors.
**2010 PYH, KHJ's father passed away, from July to Dece 2010, both of them took a break
**2011, February, KHJ came back with Twinkle Twinkle and SJS had his movies ''always''. KHJ appeared on MBC golden fish with Kang Ho Dong and she stated that she was close with the KBS Oh happy together, but after the drama ended they lost contact, except for SJS because they had a drama together.( but Glass slipper aired in 2002, during those years from 97 to 2002 they still seeing each other??)
**2012, March, KHJ had Dummy Mommy on SBS and SJS had Ghost also on SBS. I wonder if they saw each other at SBS station??

So my conclusion is, they met in 1997, were close from 97 to 2002, in 2002 rumors broke out, but they were still close to 2003 ( because she mentioned him at her fanmeeting in 2003 in Vietnam). maybe they lost contact in 2004 or in 2005 when he went to army??

Guest LHRCN

Happy Birthday Hyun Joo unnie
I wish you more success in your career, and wish you find your loved one soon, hope you get married next year.

Make us all proud by doing things that truly spreads the purpose of your life to the people around you. On your Birthday, we’re here to tell you that we will always support you in everything you do. Happy Birthday KHJ Onnie !
:x <:-P

Guest kcmg25

Thanks for the videos LHRCN!
The videos about the father's funeral. I saw the tall guy standing next to KHJ whom you referred as her brother probably. The guy is indeed very tall, has chubby cheeks and has a pointed nose. The guy somehow looks like the other boy KHJ was with in one of her childhood graduation photos. Regarding her mother, I saw a woman wearing a black Hanbok too, but The camera doesn't focus on her much instead on the old lady in White Hanbok so I can't see the woman clearly. 
I haven't finish watching the video of Happy Together, but based on my own understanding 'coz I watched the actress' starting to tell the story, she told that the actress' manager was lost which resulted to the cancellation of the shooting leaving her to be not inform. I gotta watch that again to finish the whole story.
When I saw the video of So Ji Sub at the Baeksang Awards, I couldn't help but to think that I wish KHJ was there since the presentors for the award in which she was nominated were SJS and Kim Jung Eun. I'm curious what was SJS thinking during the time she saw the face of KHJ and heard her voice in the short video clip. Was that the black hat that you're referring LHRCN?
Regarding the cafe coincidence between KHJ and SJS, I wish that means something but it's hard to predict that there must be something. It's because one reason is maybe it's their decision to have their own cafes located in their hometowns since they were born and raised there. Second, it's normal for celebrities endorsing food chains or even cafes to have their own branch 'coz probably it's part of their contract, it could also be a gift from the company itself or the actors or actresses themselves wanted to build a business and have a branch of what they are endorsing. About coffee, it's because they both love to drink coffee. I remember in one of SJS's interview that he wants to do this and that which also includes the drinking of coffee. 
About the album thing, yes they both consecutively released their own solo album last year and it's a surprise though we all know that SJS has a passion for singing. Especially the last single ha had, everybody were curious to whom he dedicated all his songs especially he mentioned that he thought of his ex who had the most heartache while writing the song. I wonder who could be that girl since he had so many exes. Also, I read that he dated a Korean model once, but that Korean model is already married now I guess.
They shared many similar interests and hobbies and if they will become together, it's for sure that their relationship will click. I wish more similarities between them, coincidence or not, will appear. 
People noticed Jun Tae Soo in Sungkyunkwan because of his good looks and many noticed that he looks like Ha Ji Won until it was cinfirmed that he was indeed HJW's younger brother. Since then he received a lot of love. But during the time he had a case or scandal, he was withdraw from a drama in which he starred and rested from the limelight. Since then he focused on doing good deeds and volunteer works. Even after the issue he had there were still many offers both in dramas (Even in China) and variety shoes, but he declined it. Instead he chose Cruel Palace as his comeback production. I hope he will totally change and become a mature actor. Me too, I'm waiting for his return in the drama and like what you said, I'm expecting a more manly and kickass Nam Hyuk. I also agree that Oh Ji Ho and Jang Hyuk can portray the role of NH since they are proven to be good in acting in action Saeguk dramas.
Yes, I watched The Land in Arirang and it was again aired in Arirang during weekends. In The Land, we can all see her natural beauty since she had minimal make-up there, and her Hanboks were simple yet classy. In CP, she's very flambouyant in wearing those Hanboks and I love her lips there, so seductive. I love her with long hair. Just like what she looked like when she was taking a bath. 
So it means both men and women noticed her beauty. Not all actresses can receive that kind of complement. Yes, Yoon Sang Hyun is definitely fit for rom-com dramas. I he and KHJ will be paired, I'm sure that would be like Miss Kim's Million Dollar Quest. Tons of fun and laughter, plus the romantic and sweet moments that are still funny. 
Thanks for the timtline of KHJ and SJS relationship. So it means that their mutual feelings for each other started in 1997 durin g the Oh! Happy Days right? I remember that according to an article that the two broke up before they did Glass Shoes and KHJ suggested to have SJS as the role of the second leading man and the two again dated during the GS days. So it means that maybe it was just a cover-up that they broke up but the truth is they were together or they were friends after they broke up and their mutual feelings for each other came back during GS. Based on my readings, the two broke up before SJS went to the army, 'coz I read that SJS broke up with his girlfriend before he enter the army since it is also one of the rules (I guess 'coz my friends told me that) that a guy entering an army must not have a constant contact with his girlfriend or better, must not be in a relationship. Yes, I also hated those fans for believing an issue that is not proven to be a fact. Also, I don't like it for judging KHJ for wanting SJS to come back to her. O sometimes think that i the two will be together, not all SJS fans will agree since they want he to be with some actresses he was being paired too in dramas, movies and CFs.

Guest kcmg25

Happy birthday to my favorite Korean actress KIM HYUN JOO! I wish you good health, more blessings to come in your career and personal life, and I hope that you will meet the one who is meant for you. Stay pretty and cool because you're an inspiration to many. You're a wonderful actress and person so keep it up on what you are up to. More power to your career and drama. It's your day so enjoy!

Guest kcmg25

Wow! So many news came out about actors and actresses who are in a relationship with each other, plus news of celebrity couples who got married. I wish that we could hear that kind of news involving Kim Hyun Joo.