17 hours ago, nikachan2008 said:

My complaint on the drama is the delayed subtitles. Apart from that, I am enjoying it. I think all the actors were doing great in their acting. Of course we can't compare it with other dramas like EOG because first of all it's another drama and the writer and the director are different people. I think I am the only person who would say that the characters I don't like the most are Se-jin and Gun Woo. I am just not sold to their logic. I don't know, it's probably my nature that when you love, there is only love and nothing else. Of course, it's another story when you love someone and you get jealous. Ah.. I don't like the feelings at all.. :) For me, Se-jin is either jealous, obsessed or a hypocrite (no offense meant to se-jin lovers) Gun Woo is definitely a hypocrite. Using his concern for I-Kyung to get Se-jin to work with him to protect what he has. I think comprehending them is the hardest and the most confusing part for me in this drama. But I am enjoying this drama even though I get annoyed with Se-jin and Gun Woo. And of course I get very satisfied when I-Kyung could hit and paralyzed the people who tried to betray her. Yes, I-Kyung is definitely the queen, the most powerful character in the drama. Loved it when there's a threat (like when she was kidnapped) and she would just act so calmly. So cool! I hope she would remain powerful until the end. I definitely would want her to win. Cross fingers..

True, NL can’t really compare to EOG.  It’s a whole different plot, actually.  It’s not about a certain group of people fighting for that particular position like EOG.  Rather, it’s only a sole individual whose goal is to reach to the place that no one has ever accomplished.   

Maybe I’m different.  I don’t really mind about SJ or GW character much.  However, what bothering me the most is the way JW speaks.  It bugs the hell out of me that I try not looking at him when he talks, despite he’s a good looking man.  Other than that, NL is actually my second fav drama of Yowon.  I really love her character.  I’m happy to see how cool she is in this drama, probably the most kickass role of her ever.  I’m grateful for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lightning123 said:

Maybe you should watch the drama with good english sub,  it's not that bad.  Yes Sejin's motivation seems weak as she only know Yikyung probably less than a year?  More plausible way is she actually escape and cut off everything with Yikyung,  but I guess you can't really control emotions. She likes her so much that it pains her to see someone she adores go to jail or worse destroyed.  

Also you shouldn't really compare this drama with EoG just because of its same genre.  Does every drama need to be the same? Then we should all should watch EoG for the 2nd time. 

And Yes,  people affection affect Yikyung especially persistent people like Gunwoo and Sejin. Shows that she is human too.  

I actually watched Vietsub then re-watched with Engsub for a better understanding in half way, but then due to lack of interest and laziness, I only watched with Vietsub.

I don't compare the content of EOG or NL... 1 EOG is enough, we don't need EGO ver 2.0. But like I said I prefer the consistence and logic in EOG over NL. In EOG, I was not annoyed any character, more like I prefer this character over that character, but I don't dislike any, even the villain or so-called villain, they all had their own reason or motivation, I respect that. But ok, SJ's motivation in NL is weak, very weak to the point of being irrational and ridiculous (for me). I don't buy cheesy stories. 

Thanks for trying to make some sense out of me, but I guess ppl have different taste... I'm very realistic person (boring type).

30 minutes ago, QSD said:

Maybe I’m different.  I don’t really mind about SJ or GW character much.  However, what bothering me the most is the way JW speaks.  It bugs the hell out of me that I try not looking at him when he talks, despite he’s a good looking man.  Other than that, NL is actually my second fav drama of Yowon.  I really love her character.  I’m happy to see how cool she is in this drama, probably the most kickass role of her ever.  I’m grateful for it.

Super LOL... I slept on his scenes many times, so I didn't notice this... ok, I will notice in upcoming eps, omg. :lol:

His walking pose is a bit funny for me though, like Dr. Ahn in SBDH, probably because their legs are not long. Also notice GW has nice side profile, much handsome than his front looking (for me) LOL

• Like 1

Or you can paste the photo link directly into ur post and "enter", the image will appear automatically 

1484700831_zpsx4el4ixc.jpg

DC

Youngest is like a comedy movie...:lol: LYW only has few comedy works in her profile. I hope for more... Remember she said somewhere she doesn't suit comedy genre, but I feel she can do it well. She has that animated way of speaking which I'm fond of.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

Abt GW and SJ, you may be not the only one, haha... :sweatingbullets: 

You pointed out the very reason I think I'm lost or the storyline is lost or both, and hence I'm not so interested in NL anymore... I have no problem with the business or political stuffs, but I don't understand SJ and GW. Their acts are irrational. I think TV show should start from reality first before going to romance or fantasy. 

I understand your feelings. 

At work, we have this unsaid line "mind your own business!" but guess it doesn't apply to this drama... ppl want to butt in everything which is even not their place to give words. 

Here.. we have something called "privacy" :)

I like EOG and how it stays in logic and rational sense from the beginning till the end. Business is not emotional world, you leave your personal feelings at home and go work with rational mind, I can confirm this...

Yeah, it's easy to understand and follow the characters in EOG because they simply belong to either black or white.. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, nikachan2008 said:

Ah.. so I have to dig for my photobucket or something? Oh, it's so trouble some.. 

For DC photo, yes, you need to download the photo and re-upload to photobucket, etc. The url of DC photos doesn't work here. 

But for other sites like FB or Naver/Nate..., u can simply copy the url and paste here, it works. 

28 minutes ago, nikachan2008 said:

Here.. we have something called "privacy" :)

It's more than "privacy" for us, it's "respect"... We work independently, it doesn't matter how individual works, the only matter is result. Other ppl don't judge how individual works because everyone has their own way and ability. If they need help, they will call... don't judge. 
Guess you already watched the episode where YK got the Calling company documents from the divorced woman? SJ and GW made many attempts to reach out the woman and failed, but YK just simply sold important points which matter to the woman, and she gave in. That's called "productive". I don't like it when SJ and GW thought YK's way is immoral. They stay in angel side but did they get the results? No... Why judge? 

37 minutes ago, nikachan2008 said:

Yeah, it's easy to understand and follow the characters in EOG because they simply belong to either black or white.. 

Some characters are grey, for example Tae Joo. He's black at some points but white in other points, but he's determined and sticks with his goal. Min-Jae and Seo-yeon too...

In NL, YK and the old folks are black, while SJ and GW are white, in their opinion? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lightning123 said:

Maybe you should watch the drama with good english sub,  it's not that bad.  Yes Sejin's motivation seems weak as she only know Yikyung probably less than a year?  More plausible way is she actually escape and cut off everything with Yikyung,  but I guess you can't really control emotions. She likes her so much that it pains her to see someone she adores go to jail or worse destroyed.  

If I had understood it correctly, I-Kyung had been doing illegal business for a year since she came to Korea. If Se-jin is so concerned about I-Kyung going to jail and be destroyed, why not just destroy her business? What's the difference between doing illegal business on the top level and doing it on the local level? I think nothing.. in both situation I-Kyung can any time be arrested, jailed and destroyed. But Se-jin was kind of only focused on stopping I-Kyung to reach the top. Is stopping I-Kyung to reach the highest level stops her from doing/continuing her illegal business?

What was really the point that triggered Se-jin to turn against I-Kyung? It was when she found out what I-Kyung did to Gun Woo's dad. She thought that I-Kyung was a heartless person. She didn't like what I-Kyung did and that started everything.

10 hours ago, lightning123 said:

She likes her so much that it pains her to see someone she adores go to jail or worse destroyed.  

It's too weak for me. In real life, it is even hard to interfere in the life of a long time friend or best friend who has issues. Usually we listen and give some advice, but becoming so obsessed with that person's life and devote time to plot something? I think it's not normal anymore.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, QSD said:

True, NL can’t really compare to EOG.  It’s a whole different plot, actually.  It’s not about a certain group of people fighting for that particular position like EOG.  Rather, it’s only a sole individual whose goal is to reach to the place that no one has ever accomplished.   

I second you that. It's another whole package. The fashion is really awesome, just like EOG!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nikachan2008 said:

If I had understood it correctly, I-Kyung had been doing illegal business for a year since she came to Korea. If Se-jin is so concerned about I-Kyung going to jail and be destroyed, why not just destroy her business? What's the difference between doing illegal business on the top level and doing it on the local level? I think nothing.. in both situation I-Kyung can any time be arrested, jailed and destroyed. But Se-jin was kind of only focused on stopping I-Kyung to reach the top. Is stopping I-Kyung to reach the highest level stops her from doing/continuing her illegal business?

What was really the point that triggered Se-jin to turn against I-Kyung? It was when she found out what I-Kyung did to Gun Woo's dad. She thought that I-Kyung was a heartless person. She didn't like what I-Kyung did and that started everything.

It's too weak for me. In real life, it is even hard to interfere in the life of a long time friend or best friend who has issues. Usually we listen and give some advice, but becoming so obsessed in that person's life and devote time to plot something? I think it's not normal anymore.

Maybe Yikyung is someone Sejin loves in a romantic way (who knows)   but of course the writer would never explicitly say it cos it's korea. :(

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, vaiduakhu said:

For DC photo, yes, you need to download the photo and re-upload to photobucket, etc. The url of DC photos doesn't work here. 

But for other sites like FB or Naver/Nate..., u can simply copy the url and paste here, it works. 

Ah.. I don't want to dig because I think I also have forgotten my password to photobucket & others..

I just wanted to post a comment on I-Kyung's clothes in drama thread but I couldn't post the photo. Could you post the photo QSD? The white coat she was wearing on episode 18? Thank you in advance. 

36 minutes ago, vaiduakhu said:

Guess you already watched the episode where YK got the Calling company documents from the divorced woman? SJ and GW made many attempts to reach out the woman and failed, but YK just simply sold important points which matter to the woman, and she gave in. That's called "productive". I don't like it when SJ and GW thought YK's way is immoral. They stay in angel side but did they get the results? No... Why judge? 

I have seen that part but I am still waiting for the English subtitles. Couldn't really understand what I-Kyung said to the lady. 

38 minutes ago, vaiduakhu said:

Some characters are grey, for example Tae Joo. He's black at some points but white in other points, but he's determined and sticks with his goal. Min-Jae and Seo-yeon too...

But we know when they were black and when they were white.. so we didn't get confused.

40 minutes ago, vaiduakhu said:

In NL, YK and the old folks are black, while SJ and GW are white, in their opinion? 

maybe... 

18 minutes ago, lightning123 said:

Maybe Yikyung is someone Sejin loves in a romantic way (who knows)   but of course the writer would never explicitly say it cos it's korea. :(

Obsession??? Then she is not normal anymore. Yes, sometimes I would think maybe she is obsessed with I-Kyung. 

1 hour ago, nikachan2008 said:

Somehow ur post makes me laugh :lol:

It's amusing to me that in other dramas, I may oppose villain's illegal acts and cheer for the nice side to stop the wrongdoings, but in Night Light, all I think is "damn you, SJ and GW. Can u just let YK do her illegal stuffs in peace?" :D 

Different stories, different thoughts, I guess... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lightning123 said:

Lee yo won's new movie already out?  I want to see her in comedy,  i bet she would be great 

Not yet... It will be released in Feb. 

Did you watch LYW's "surprised party"? it's rom-com. Not impressive movie to get stuck in ur head for long time (like May 18), but it's refreshing and laughable. LYW is nice there... I don't know why she doesn't do comedy, she's good at making me laugh in BTS, she's naturally funny, don't even need to try... :lol:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, vaiduakhu said:

Not yet... It will be released in Feb. 

Did you watch LYW's "surprised party"? it's rom-com. Not impressive movie to get stuck in ur head for long time (like May 18), but it's refreshing and laughable. LYW is nice there... I don't know why she doesn't do comedy, she's good at making me laugh in BTS, she's naturally funny, don't even need to try... :lol:

mte. her role in 49 days and ok da jung even though it's not a funny role but she did make me LOL at some parts

13 minutes ago, vaiduakhu said:

Somehow ur post makes me laugh :lol:

It's amusing to me that in other dramas, I may oppose villain's illegal acts and cheer for the nice side to stop the wrongdoings, but in Night Light, all I think is "damn you, SJ and GW. Can u just let YK do her illegal stuffs in peace?" :D 

Different stories, different thoughts, I guess... 

we call it lee yo won's effect :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lightning123 said:

mte. her role in 49 days and ok da jung even though it's not a funny role but she did make me LOL at some parts

we call it lee yo won's effect :) 

Partly it's because of LYW playing YK, but also because the story leads us feel that way. Look at the whole picture, even if LYW didn't play YK, I would still root for YK character. And thanks heaven, LYW doesn't play SJ character. 
I think SJ doesn't look at the whole picture, she only knows YK's acts, hence she opposes... if she broadens her view of what's going on at other sides too, she may think differently. Sometimes, it's not abt who is angel, who is devil. It's abt who is less evil devil...

• Like 1