Me too, I don't really like the costumes of Joseon era and the king sitting on the floor.  I absolutely love the Three Kingdoms like QSD.  The wardrobe and crown are exquisite, plus the queen sitting on the real seat.

• Like 4

wow me too , I become fan of her after I watching QSD in 2011 ^^ :wub:

role? I don't know , what about a Queen Dowager this time ?? :lol:

16 minutes ago, QSD said:

Me too, I don't really like the costumes of Joseon era and the king sitting on the floor.  I absolutely love the Three Kingdoms like QSD.  The wardrobe and crown are exquisite, plus the queen sitting on the real seat.

exactlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !!!

way to go!:wub:
  • Like 2

Oh, so that’s also how you become a fan after watching QSD.  Nice!  It’s hard to have good role/story in sageuk, I guess.  

Wondering if there’s any significant female character in history so she can play.

• Like 2

Who gives a dang about English here… yours is fine.  I don’t have any problem with it.

I’d love to see her as a warrior, a leader in military.  But the queen doesn’t like doing action, so this is only wishy washy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, QSD said:

LOL :lol:

I also think Joseon era is weird too... why they didn't like sitting on the chairs? look more superb, plus they didn't have backache? my back will suffer for sure, if I sit on the floor for too long. Besides, the lady custom is too uptight for my liking :sweatingbullets:

3 Kingdom custom is kinda similar to Chinese custom, right? I wonder if there is any relation b/w Korea and China in that era.

Seem there are not so many roles for female lead in sageuk (besides being the supporting role to the male lead), I would love if LYW does the sageuk-modern fusion (from modern time flying back to ancient time, or vice versa). It would be fun. LYW continuously took the female centric roles in her recent dramas, my taste is spoiled. So, I can't stand watching her being just a flower vase around the male lead :glasses:

• Like 2

On 1/15/2017 at 5:04 AM, QSD said:

I do think there must be a real reason for YK to reach the top.  By having the power over the puppet president she could enforce to wipe out the corruption within the government, thus leaving a nice girl image to the viewers.

Regarding to SJ, I think she’s kinda obsessed to how she wants the image of her daepyonim to be like.  Since she has been trying and thinking she could change YK to the way she wishes but keeps failing many times perhaps frustrated her, adding to how GW got framed and Tak betrayed her just added more fire to it.  So it really shattered the admiration of what she has for YK. It infuriated her so much that she exploded.  Maybe when she joins the old gang she would see/understand the real reason why YK was doing to what she did and coming back be a helper to her daepyonim.  Hope it’s not too late when that happens. 

Saw a scene where Jang Tae Jun was doing volunteer work by serving food in an event. I thought I-Kyung was trying to make him become a human being since her father had always been telling her that these guys who betrayed him were not humans. Perhaps she was trying to crush his pride. 

I kind of have that feelings too about Se-jin. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

Youngest's new posters 

look so warm and cute :wub:

It seems Korean fan is planing the movie promotion in DC too. Hope the movie can do well. 

The Q is when we can download the movie and Engsub? I need to watch it fast to mend my frustrated heart after NL

Why are you frustrated after Night Life? 

Thanks for sharing the posters. I love the one on the bus. Can't wait to see the movie too.

10 hours ago, QSD said:

Haven’t seen this pic before either.  Someone saying she was in Italy at the time.  I believe it’s in 2013 when Yowon going there for a photo shoot in Milan.  It’s the same hairstyle as in the image below, which was shot in Milan.

Yes, it's after Empire of Gold.  If I remember it correctly.

Just finished watching episode 16 with messy subtitles. Ah, so intense. I-Kyung made it really true to make Se-jin's life a hell. She seems now in hell. Like I-Kyung, she is full of hatred now. Let's see if she will be very happy with the path she chose. I understand that Gun Woo's uncle couldn't oppose I-Kyung so there is only Chairman Son, Director Nam and Se-Jin. I wonder if at the end Gun Woo would support I-Kyung to compensate for what his father had done to I-Kyung's father in the past.  I guess Tak would be alone too at the end, lol. Everyone in the drama is single. This is like 2nd to Empire of Gold :) Well, it's not finish yet. Some things may change.

I am writing my comments here because it's kind of late at the drama thread. Today is episode 17 so people there are probably talking about it. Next week will be the last two episodes, right? Ah, time flies so fast. I wonder when can we see Lee Yowon again after this drama. 

14 hours ago, nikachan2008 said:

Saw a scene where Jang Tae Jun was doing volunteer work by serving food in an event. I thought I-Kyung was trying to make him become a human being since her father had always been telling her that these guys who betrayed him were not humans. Perhaps she was trying to crush his pride. 

I kind of have that feelings too about Se-jin. 

It's one of the activities to polish his image in public eyes for the sake of his presidency running. I don't think it's abt crushing his pride, just a pure political act. But her talk with Nam secretary when observing JTJ serving the food is to degrade JTJ. She told Nam that "JTJ looks good in apron" and "the apron is suitable to JTJ" (sth like that, don't quite remember). It added more acid to Nam's sour face :lol:

In ep16, pairing him with the new candidate (IT company director) in the food serving activity was indeed to crush his pride.

14 hours ago, nikachan2008 said:

Why are you frustrated after Night Life? 

Thanks for sharing the posters. I love the one on the bus. Can't wait to see the movie too.

To be honest, I don't like what's going on in NL. I always have a soft spot for LYW as an actress as well as her personality. Hence, I wanna watch as many of her projects as possible to appreciate her effort and passion (for other fav of mine, I only watch theirs if I like the content). 

Abt NL, I feel like I'm struggling to finish it only to know how YK ends up. In few first eps, I thought NL would rank higher than EOG in my LYW's favourite drama, but recent eps kept reducing my excitement in NL.

I'm not abt romance or OTP but the storyline. And for me, the storyline is kinda lost or I'm lost or probably both. Or probably I'm impatient and shallow and only care abt LYW and her character, so I don't make effort to understand other characters...

For those who is following NL, what do you think? 

22 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

LOL :lol:

I also think Joseon era is weird too... why they didn't like sitting on the chairs? look more superb, plus they didn't have backache? my back will suffer for sure, if I sit on the floor for too long. Besides, the lady custom is too uptight for my liking :sweatingbullets:

3 Kingdom custom is kinda similar to Chinese custom, right? I wonder if there is any relation b/w Korea and China in that era.

Seem there are not so many roles for female lead in sageuk (besides being the supporting role to the male lead), I would love if LYW does the sageuk-modern fusion (from modern time flying back to ancient time, or vice versa). It would be fun. LYW continuously took the female centric roles in her recent dramas, my taste is spoiled. So, I can't stand watching her being just a flower vase around the male lead :glasses:

Yes, the costume is similar to Chinese's.  It got influenced by the Tang dynasty at the time.

About NL, the big difference for me is I don’t feel like punching someone as in EOG where everyone is stabbing Choi Seo Yoon from all directions.  In contrast, SYK here is the queen.  She’s cruising ahead of anyone else most of the time.  Also, I find the womence is quite fascinating and refreshing.  With that said, I do think EOG’s overall writing is more organized and intelligent, still. 

Perhaps watching NL does require more focus on it as the writer using lots of idioms.  Besides, it’s easy to get lost in this kind of drama if we don’t catch the business talks which comprising about 80% of the show.  It is a series that needs a re-watch for better understanding of the plot, especially for anyone who doesn’t know much about business jargon they injecting in.

My complaint on the drama is the delayed subtitles. Apart from that, I am enjoying it. I think all the actors were doing great in their acting. Of course we can't compare it with other dramas like EOG because first of all it's another drama and the writer and the director are different people. I think I am the only person who would say that the characters I don't like the most are Se-jin and Gun Woo. I am just not sold to their logic. I don't know, it's probably my nature that when you love, there is only love and nothing else. Of course, it's another story when you love someone and you get jealous. Ah.. I don't like the feelings at all.. :) For me, Se-jin is either jealous, obsessed or a hypocrite (no offense meant to se-jin lovers) Gun Woo is definitely a hypocrite. Using his concern for I-Kyung to get Se-jin to work with him to protect what he has. I think comprehending them is the hardest and the most confusing part for me in this drama. But I am enjoying this drama even though I get annoyed with Se-jin and Gun Woo. And of course I get very satisfied when I-Kyung could hit and paralyzed the people who tried to betray her. Yes, I-Kyung is definitely the queen, the most powerful character in the drama. Loved it when there's a threat (like when she was kidnapped) and she would just act so calmly. So cool! I hope she would remain powerful until the end. I definitely would want her to win. Cross fingers..

• Like 2

8 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

It's one of the activities to polish his image in public eyes for the sake of his presidency running. I don't think it's abt crushing his pride, just a pure political act. But her talk with Nam secretary when observing JTJ serving the food is to degrade JTJ. She told Nam that "JTJ looks good in apron" and "the apron is suitable to JTJ" (sth like that, don't quite remember). It added more acid to Nam's sour face :lol:

In ep16, pairing him with the new candidate (IT company director) in the food serving activity was indeed to crush his pride.

I know. But maybe in a way it has crushed his pride because now he is being controlled and told to do something by a young person, especially a lady. And perhaps in the future the experience can change him too because it's how a person develop empathy.. when you are on the ground, directly interacting with the people there.  LOL.. so desperate to make I-Kyung a nice girl.. :)

Yes, I do like the reactions of the evil guys when I-Kyung hit them :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nikachan2008 said:

My complaint on the drama is the delayed subtitles. Apart from that, I am enjoying it. I think all the actors were doing great in their acting. Of course we can't compare it with other dramas like EOG because first of all it's another drama and the writer and the director are different people. I think I am the only person who would say that the characters I don't like the most are Se-jin and Gun Woo. I am just not sold to their logic. I don't know, it's probably my nature that when you love, there is only love and nothing else. Of course, it's another story when you love someone and you get jealous. Ah.. I don't like the feelings at all.. :) For me, Se-jin is either jealous, obsessed or a hypocrite (no offense meant to se-jin lovers) Gun Woo is definitely a hypocrite. Using his concern for I-Kyung to get Se-jin to work with him to protect what he has. I think comprehending them is the hardest and the most confusing part for me in this drama. But I am enjoying this drama even though I get annoyed with Se-jin and Gun Woo. And of course I get very satisfied when I-Kyung could hit and paralyzed the people who tried to betray her. Yes, I-Kyung is definitely the queen, the most powerful character in the drama. Loved it when there's a threat (like when she was kidnapped) and she would just act so calmly. So cool! I hope she would remain powerful until the end. I definitely would want her to win. Cross fingers..

same thoughts...:)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, nikachan2008 said:

Abt GW and SJ, you may be not the only one, haha... :sweatingbullets: 

You pointed out the very reason I think I'm lost or the storyline is lost or both, and hence I'm not so interested in NL anymore... I have no problem with the business or political stuffs, but I don't understand SJ and GW. Their acts are irrational. I think TV show should start from reality first before going to romance or fantasy. 

And gradually, I don't understand YK either... her concern towards SJ is out of my comprehension. I understand it's from her sense of responsibility and affection to SJ, but well, after so many incidents, how she's still so patient with SJ to even sacrifice her time, money, energy, emotion to go left and right for the annoying girl? it's not her precept from the beginning. Ppl change, SJ may change her, but at some points, ppl can't change their motto.

At work, we have this unsaid line "mind your own business!" but guess it doesn't apply to this drama... ppl want to butt in everything which is even not their place to give words. 

I like EOG and how it stays in logic and rational sense from the beginning till the end. Business is not emotional world, you leave your personal feelings at home and go work with rational mind, I can confirm this...

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, vaiduakhu said:

Abt GW and SJ, you may be not the only one, haha... :sweatingbullets: 

You pointed out the very reason I think I'm lost or the storyline is lost or both, and hence I'm not so interested in NL anymore... I have no problem with the business or political stuffs, but I don't understand SJ and GW. Their acts are irrational. I think TV show should start from reality first before going to romance or fantasy. 

And gradually, I don't understand YK either... her concern towards SJ is out of my comprehension. I understand it's from her sense of responsibility and affection to SJ, but well, after so many incidents, how she's still so patient with SJ to even sacrifice her time, money, energy, emotion to go left and right for the annoying girl? it's not her precept from the beginning. Ppl change, SJ may change her, but at some points, ppl can't change their motto.

At work, we have this unsaid line "mind your own business!" but guess it doesn't apply to this drama... ppl want to butt in everything which is even not their place to give words. 

I like EOG and how it stays in logic and rational sense from the beginning till the end. Business is not emotional world, you leave your personal feelings at home and go work with rational mind, I can confirm this...

Maybe you should watch the drama with good english sub,  it's not that bad.  Yes Sejin's motivation seems weak as she only know Yikyung probably less than a year?  More plausible way is she actually escape and cut off everything with Yikyung,  but I guess you can't really control emotions. She likes her so much that it pains her to see someone she adores go to jail or worse destroyed.  

Also you shouldn't really compare this drama with EoG just because of its same genre.  Does every drama need to be the same? Then we should all should watch EoG for the 2nd time. 

And Yes,  people affection affect Yikyung especially persistent people like Gunwoo and Sejin. Shows that she is human too.  

• Like 2