Korean Netizens Are Not Happy With Jaebeom

Guest Ssaga_G

Guest Redwarrior

korean people living in korea would never understand,,,

jay park shouldn't even explain anything, it's not his fault that he really felt that way in 2005. -____-;;

and i doubt he wrote that because he was tired and hopeless waiting to debut..

he probably really thought korea was gay. gay as in stupid.. most korean kids living in america think korea and korean people there are "gay"...

gosh, korean netizens need to chill...since when did they have korean pride. -_-

I really don't understand their "Korean Pride" I mean proud of one's country? Okay sure. So they're not proud of koreans but of their country. But wait Kim Yuna and that other swimmer guy performed exceptionally well in their fields of sports recently and they're proud of them, so they also have pride for Korean-born/raised Koreans???

THEN WHY THE HECK AREN'T they proud of achievements by other artists in other countries?? ex: BoA and DBSK in Japan?? Also, some of them need to get off their high horses and realize that Korea and koreans aren't THE BEST and MOST PERFECT in this world (trust me some of the koreans i've met are like that and it pisses me off) Being proud is a good thing but it's not so good if you're so proud that you lose sense of logic.

To those who want Jaebeom to commit suicide:

Since when was insulting a country or someone (or in recent cases, "using" Korea to become rich, get all the money and return home to have a relaxing life; btw isn't this the whole reason Korean Gov. supported the hallyu wave??) a valid reason for you to tell him/her to commit suicide?

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tehlovelyko

I really don't understand their "Korean Pride" I mean proud of one's country? Okay sure. So they're not proud of koreans but of their country. But wait Kim Yuna and that other swimmer guy performed exceptionally well in their fields of sports recently and they're proud of them, so they also have pride for Korean-born/raised Koreans???

THEN WHY THE HECK AREN'T they proud of achievements by other artists in other countries?? ex: BoA and DBSK in Japan?? Also, some of them need to get off their high horses and realize that Korea and koreans aren't THE BEST and MOST PERFECT in this world (trust me some of the koreans i've met are like that and it pisses me off) Being proud is a good thing but it's not so good if you're so proud that you lose sense of logic.

To those who want Jaebeom to commit suicide:

Since when was insulting a country or someone (or in recent cases, "using" Korea to become rich, get all the money and return home to have a relaxing life; btw isn't this the whole reason Korean Gov. supported the hallyu wave??) a valid reason for you to tell him/her to commit suicide?

wow, why are you resorting to personal attacks about koreans? don't act like its so wrong for koreans to be offended when someone insults their country and people.

Guest epikxbang

trying to see this from a fangirl's / netizen's point of view, i can understand why they're angry - this is a person they'd supported and helped get to the top, only to find that he think korea is gay and that he hates korean people. but then again, they should accept that this was written years ago, and that his views has probably changed. i still don't think that excuses him for what he did though - if i were put in his position back then, i wouldn't use my homeland and people as an excuse to blame my stress on ._______."

Guest angelixer

What you wrote doesn't even make sense... Jaebum wasn't pressured into saying that.... and I doubt the girl is implying that either.

I meant being pressured as in joining in with the whole gay is stupid BS, 'because most american teenagers do it' or 'because most korean american kids think that way'. First of all, that's generalizing, second of all, that's not even a fraction of a good excuse.

On the other hand. these netizens are taking it to the heavens with this. :lol: LOL @ petitions & this 'go commit suicide' BS. JB just needs to brush that off his shoulders. Or come to america so he can just sit on my nightstand barechested for a nice view to go to sleep to.

Guest superjihyeee!

Ugh, you're kimchi eating nerd. I called you that, because hello, every korean eats kimchi and every asian is a nerd. Society says so, so there. I also said it, because my peers pressured me into doing it. Oh, and I'm 18 years old and that's way too young to know it's offensive to asian people.

http://www.testcompany.com/archive/Novembe..._out_lg_wht.gif[

Come on now.

lmfao WHAT? haha.

I actually don't mind being called a kimchi eating nerd because I do eat kimchi and I am a nerd.

And basically all korean-americans are kimchi-eating nerds and if they aren't then they're probably ostracized in school and made fun of by other asians at how dumb they are unless they're exceptionally good at something else.

18 = senior in high school.

high school = stereotypes.

Idk, I think mostly why I wasn't shocked to hear that Jae said korea was "gay" was because high-schoolers use terms like that all the time.

"oh, you're so retarded."

"oh, you're gay."

"dude, stop acting black."

"wtf your eyes look so chinky in those glasses."

"why do you act so white?"

... this is what school is like. This is how people talk. This is what I hear when I overhear conversations in the lunch line, or when I'm walking from class to class. I'm not saying it's right, and I'm not saying that it's a good thing, but this is probably the kind of talk that was "normal" for Jae. People don't care if it's offensive because these days, and if you take offense at those phrases people just assume you're uptight and move on.

The amount of thought he put into those myspace messages = 0

The amount of thought that goes into talking like ^ those phrases = 0.

see the connection? People are blowing this way out of proportion.

He wasn't like, "oh so i'll offend all gay and lesbians with my statement, PLUS I'll be offending korea, yay!" =_=

Oye! Why should a human suggest another human commit suicide because he made a statement about Koreans? You people take suicide and taking ones life way too lightly, Koreans do not and cannot accept anyone talking about them in bad way, they truly think they are special, they have no backbone, its an opinion of a young man so what! Be it Korean or American, they take everything literally, come on grow some spine! So what are yougay?

Guest angelixer

"oh, you're so retarded."

"oh, you're gay."

"dude, stop acting black."

"wtf your eyes look so chinky in those glasses."

"why do you act so white?"

Oh, YES HUNNY, and anyone who talked that BS around me back in highschool, I put right BACK in their place. Know that. ;):lol:

Guest je suis moi

I'm seriously getting annoyed with the netizens. I'd like to see some damn patriotism from those Koreans besides at the World Cup and WBC games yelling out "DaeHanMinGook" clapping a few times and when a popstar says something "bad" about their country. You're seriously going to waste your time trying to get not a corrupted politician, a serial murderer but a POPSTAR out of your country? Wow Korea, very smart.

I feel like this is becoming a bigger issue than when President RMH committed suicide.

yeah seriously. most of the netizens dont even give a crap about korea in their everyday lives. they dont really give about politics or the economy or anything that actually matters to the nation. they only get butthurt when a celebrity does something that apparently "defames" their country. not only this incident, but i can name countless number of times they've attacked someone for that. like who was it? jung woo sung wrote "kimuchi" instead of "kimchi" on some japanese show and they called him a traitor and mini cooper. he had to apologize for it too. like what the hell? im korean myself but i'll never understand the mentality of the korean netizens that call themselves patriots. like do something productive with your lives instead of trying to put down the life of others.

^how ironic.. look at ur signature. well at least it was covered :L

NONE of the boys should be taken out.

Jay was young and foolish back then, so everyone just needs to `chill out` and just wait if theres more news we need to hear.

Guest JazzyMina

I Dont think its fair how if this incident happened with any other idol like SNSD for example, theyd get real bad bashing but with JaeBeom, fans think its ok?

~~ all sounds abit double standard really.

Also the way he talked in the coments 4 years ago was abit lame. :)

Anyways I Dont mind 2 much about the coments he made cause im not korean but i can understand where the netizens are coming from. Dont diss the place you wanna become famous in.

Guest chuchu728

^ good.. cuz he doesn't deserve one.. not on the behalf of the majority of the excuses made for him here such as "He was young" or "he was stressed". this is real life, no one cares if you're too young or too stressed you still have to deal with the effects of your actions.

He obviously is dealing with the effects of his words but are you telling me he deserves it to the extent where people are pushing him to suicide? Come on now.

And about Jessica Ho ... besides the obvious fact that male idols have an advantage -- Jessica Ho was a mere trainee with no fans. 2PM has some status and a fanbase. Also, she was attacking Boa whose more famous than her and has a very strong fanbase. I'm not saying it's right to have a double standard but that's just the given situation.

Guest je suis moi

^^ oh he's getting plenty of mini cooper from people in korea. it's just here and international sites that people are more defending of him.

^how ironic.. look at ur signature. well at least it was covered :L

NONE of the boys should be taken out.

Jay was young and foolish back then, so everyone just needs to `chill out` and just wait if theres more news we need to hear.

What about my signature? I covered it and ripped the guy who wrote that a new one if that's what you want to know.

And if Jaebum supporters think it was okay for him to use that word in the context that he did then you need a reality check.

Archived