Korean Netizens Are Not Happy With Jaebeom

Guest Ssaga_G

I love Jay Park and all and can understand why he wrote those comments but I think its really hypocritical of all fandom to instantly forgive him when Jessica H.O still gets crap about her comments about BoA.

I'm sure both of them were just expression their opinions but it irks me that Jay gets a full pardon no question while Jessica STILL gets flack from her myspace crap that happened years and years ago. Its the same for most Korean female artists, it takes forever (if that) for them to be forgiven for comments.

I guess abs really are a factor.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest °..a²

I don't really care about the whole Jay Park situation, I'm more amused by the few who's trying to knock some sense into these blinded fan girls lol.

I knew soompi had ignorant people, but I never knew there was this many. I just can't believe how people are saying it's "okay" to say that things are "gay" because you're upset. Would it be okay for me to call your mom ugly? It should be right? Because I was also upset and frustrated.

Guest thehazyfiasco

Jay's not getting a pardon.. what international fans say doesn't matter much in the long run. It's all about Koreans.. and they're certainly not willing to settle with a pardon atm.

Anyways, in case anyone's interested, credits to bestiz:

iof43s.jpg

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=talking+black "waddup foo" "wassup son" "yeaaaaaa man, fo sho" etc

the stereotypical way you see on tv ALL the time.

my black friend (and myself) hates it when other race tries to talk like that (because they tend to exaggerate it and just make themselves sound dumb).

I don't talk like that and I'm black :mellow: :mellow:

the bold part made me laugh because it's stupid

what you see on tv is not going on in real life rlmao.

Guest tehlovelyko

^ good.. cuz he doesn't deserve one.. not on the behalf of the majority of the excuses made for him here such as "He was young" or "he was stressed". this is real life, no one cares if you're too young or too stressed you still have to deal with the effects of your actions.

Guest 0oyokisuo0

I don't talk like that and I'm black :mellow: :mellow:

the bold part made me laugh because it's stupid

what you see on tv is not going on in real life rlmao.

exactly. thats why i dont like it when jay is all like "when i start ballin yall start ballin with me i gotchyall....beezy pace out."

Guest natural-retard

Hahaha, rather funny, and the ghetto language niceee.

Wha up Dawgggg! Ya'll like ma Swagger?!

This reminds me of Daul Kim's incident, but she had an excuse to be pissed off, he is just being an richard simmons. If you don't like it there, nothing was stopping him from going. But we don't know the context in which he wrote it. Because we don't get the reply of the dude he was writing too. It could be a joke between close friends where racial jokes about your own isn't has harsh as an outsider might perceive it to be.

I'm rather neutral to this, people often say and write things they don't mean.

Guest natural-retard

I love Jay Park and all and can understand why he wrote those comments but I think its really hypocritical of all fandom to instantly forgive him when Jessica H.O still gets crap about her comments about BoA.

Difference is that Miss HO wanted to stab her cousin's face because her cousin wore shoes with the words Girls On Top (or whatever), and she was slagging off a fellow artist. Whereas Jaebum's remarks are vague and don't know the context of the remarks.

Guest stephlove_

i wish people will let this go!

like leave jaybummie & 2pm alone!!!

and for all those anti's that want jay to commit suicide, why dont you go do it yourself! if your wanting someone else to!

lets see if your brave enough to do something like that!!!

all you anti's are the reason why celebrities kill themselves... so effin leave em alone and dont say "oh go kill yourself"!!! they have enough stress as it is!!! they dont do anything to you, PLUS they dont even know you and you dont know them(personally), ya you see em on a screen, but you arent all bff soo GET LOST!!!!!

Guest icecube.

This person posted up a correct translation of what I know it as too cuz that person said she/he supposedly lived in America for 8 years and it was how people that live in America would understand it as but the Korean netizens are just saying, "What have you been doing, wasting your life in America for 8 years?" "What kind of English do you use over there?" etc. saying that what they understand it as is right and what people who actually live in America translate it as is wrong. I was like WTF you freaking proud Korean people get a freaking life.

Guest worrydoll

this is lame.

like so many others said...korean americans and koreans from the motherland are very different. we have stereotypes against each other and i don't even like Koreans sometimes. people are blowing this way out of proportion. "Idols" are human. Sometimes Korea's obsession with Idols and crazy fans seriously disturb me, they can be so brutal. hope jay is holding up okay =(

Guest espèce*

I don't understand why the netizens seem to like bringing old things up...just to **** with celebs.

Please, time goes and people moves on. The one he was 4 years ago is not here anymore.

Those netizens need to get a life once for all.

JAEBUM, we are always here for you!

- apoptos dolor

Guest I<3SunSunYeMi

i think this might not die down until Jay leaves the group or the whole country

that's how Korean netizens think

i feel really sorry for 2PM & Jay,JYP should have all the internet blogs of their trainees checked before their debut

he made a mistake on this part,the past can bite you forever

another yoo seung jun,anyone?

i still cant stand Korean netizens

Guest Rachel Lee.

CLICK.

no one has said it better.

it tears me apart just to imagine the poor kid walking down the street & being bombarded w/ hateful words and/or things being thrown at him..

anyone have a naver account or a 주민등록번호?

i want to rip these motherfcukers apart.

i feel bad for him~~

lykk u can tell that hes juz talkin that way due to some white washin and missin his friends and family~

i mean hes juz complainin~ =^=;;;;;

those r things he said a LONGGG time ago.....

i think the way alot of kids in the west talk would be considered really horrible and rude in asia~

i kno that if my family in asia understood how i talked to my friends in canada some of the time.... theyd prolly think i was some kind of horrible jackdonkey LoLz

and 2pm is supposed to be ''real'' compared to other idols... but then somethin from a long time ago pops up and they get mad at him for it.... for a kid from the west he didnt say anything horrible = =;;;; and its the tytpe of thing that kids from here REALLY say~

i dont think what he did was bad or wrong~

he was juz homesick and lonely and frustrated

Guest ofhappyendings

I personally think Korean netizens are overreacting. It took place 4 years ago. The fact they dug something up that took place 4 years ago is pretty pathetic. Do netizens always have to look up trash about celebrities?

First of all, Jaebum's human, he may be an idol but that doesn't mean he's perfect and not to mention this whole Korea is gay comment stuff took place 4 years ago when he was trainee. People make mistakes all the time, what's so horrid about Jaebum making a mistake. I'm pretty sure especially with his apology that he's learned from that mistake.

Second of all, considering the circumstances I can totally sympathize and understand what he did. I mean, sure, he's Korean American and a move to Korea shouldn't have been that difficult, but I digress. Jaebum's revealed that he DID struggle when he moved to Korea. 2PM members stated he cried all the time when he first arrived because he was so lonely. Being Korean American and Korean are two totally different things. I know because I'm Korean Americana and I've been to Korea. Korean people can spot a Korean American person a mile away. Jaebum struggled with the language, understandable because Korean is a hard language especially when you're first language is Korean. I still struggle with the language and I've been raised with the language my whole life! He also wasn't used to Korean cuisine. Imagine 4 years of having to eat food that you usually don't eat, 3 times a day for 4 years. That's a long time, I spent 3 months in Korea and got sick of Korean food and I was raised on both Korean and American food. Not to mention Jaebum was undergoing training. Sure the decision to go train in Korea was his decision but I have feeling he did part of it for his mother. His mother worried about him, since he didn't want to go to college so she persuaded him to audition. Training is really rough process. I mean all the celebrities who have debuted have all mentioned tough training days. You're dealing with a though schedule, your stuck in a country whose language you SHOULD be pretty fluent at but aren't, you're eating food that you're not used to, and you've left behind your family and friends, stability you've known for about 18 years. He was going through a rough situation and was homesick. He needed to vent. I think anyone would have wanted to vent. Sure, his comments were pretty rude, but he was raised in America. America probably has the worst manners in all the countries in the world. The kids in America are pretty rude. They don't have all the restraints that Korean kids do. There are exceptions, but the general majority are pretty rude.

Third of all, people always say things they don't really mean, especially when they're upset, and you can tell he's pretty unhappy about being stuck in Korea. I think anyone would be. You've moved from a home you've known for the most of your life to a place that's foreign even though it shouldn't be. I think that's what made it even worse. You're constantly reminded of something you should know but aren't really familiar with.

I'm totally all for Jaebum. He made a mistake, he acknowledged it and apologized. GET OVER IT! Not to mention considering this all took place 4 years ago, and boys generally are immature and seeing Jaebum now-a-days, you can tell he's matured a little and gained appreciation for Korea. Jaebum hwaiting!

Would it be okay for me to call your mom ugly? It should be right? Because I was also upset and frustrated.

LOL !

^ good.. cuz he doesn't deserve one.. not on the behalf of the majority of the excuses made for him here such as "He was young" or "he was stressed". this is real life, no one cares if you're too young or too stressed you still have to deal with the effects of your actions.

i think so too. 18 is not that young :/ at 18, a person should be capable of choosing better words and knowing the consequences. being 18 shouldn't be an excuse for Jay.

This person posted up a correct translation of what I know it as too cuz that person said she/he supposedly lived in America for 8 years and it was how people that live in America would understand it as but the Korean netizens are just saying, "What have you been doing, wasting your life in America for 8 years?" "What kind of English do you use over there?" etc. saying that what they understand it as is right and what people who actually live in America translate it as is wrong. I was like WTF you freaking proud Korean people get a freaking life.

wow. they're so prideful. they seriously need to accept that maybe, JUST FREAKING MAYBE, they're wrong. fjdalf;jda. the openminded korean netizens are so precious.

Archived