Korean Netizens Are Not Happy With Jaebeom

Guest Ssaga_G

member update!

2PM is protecting Jae! <333

Rough translation of an article I found:

Wooyoung wrote on his minihompy on the 6th: "We are not 7 members. We are one. Thank you for your support, Hottest."

Chansung wrote on his minihompy stating "Let's walk this together, Jae."

Korean netizens are angry with the actions and support of the rest of 2PM, saying if they are truly one, then leave Korea with him or halt ALL of 2PM's activities.

Credit: Bestiz

i seriously love this post. But i'm sad to hear the k-netizens response..leave korea or halt all activities?! Why are they doing this, i just can't seem to grasp their minds. Every time a kceleb commits suicide, all the netizens are like "OMG SKDJFLDGJ NOT ANOTHER ONE! LETS STOP CELEB SUICIDE" and yet here they are... though i don't think what Jay said was right, but geez..to the point of bashing him and just making him feel like crap isn't the way to go.

<3Jay. stay strong.

It's great to see 2PM's members supporting Jaebum. Wooyoung and Chansung's comments are really touching. Thanks for the update!

I agree with Sw33t SiMPLiCiTy x3 about the whole celebrity suiciding in Korea. I was shocked when I read that some people were telling Jaebum to suicide over a matter like this which is trivial when compared to other issues currently suffered by people around the world. I think sometimes the netizens do go overboard, for example I have read some news about some Hong Kong celebrities and the way the HK netizens react are so unbelievable. I know everyone is entitled to freedom of speech but give some thought to what you choose to say.

I'm not a fan of 2PM but I like their music. This has developed into a very hot topic but in my opinion some of the comments made in regards to it have been heartless. Jaebum's comments about Korea were made a few years ago and I think everyone has to put this into perspective. However, I do find the way he spells very annoying xD Also, don't you think that everyone has made a mistake in their life, no matter how "perfect" they are deemed to be? At least there are people who are willing to learn from their mistakes, rather than be ignorant and continue to make the same mistakes over and over again.

And one final note: even if one person thinks one way there will always inevitably be another who thinks otherwise.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest babiloveyoo

He's right about one thing - his rapping IS whack.

Hope he grew out of being a little mini cooper head.

HAHAHA; I'm not surprised at all. This is quite interesting actually.

Guest icecube.

The memebers are truely showing that they're one not seven different people. At first I was really scared that the members would have hatred and a bit of discomfort to Jaebum but I can tell that they're not ready to let go yet. They've worked so hard together and come so far that it's too late to back down. You know what ? Truthfully I wouldn't mind 2PM moving to the American industry due to this factor and making a bomb richard simmons debut and garnering more fans internationally that Korean netizens will be BEGGING 2PM to come back. Yeah, I would love to see that happen which it will if 2PM does move over to America. Seriously, I'm so tired of Korean netizens wanting to pick at everything and not just for Jaebum but for every freaking Korean idol group. They're all humans, they can make mistakes. And if they apologize, Korean netizens need to learn to accept and at least see that Jaebum is apologetic. You can really even tell that he's changed and if he hated Korean people so much he wouldn't even be interacting with his members and hating JYP and Wonder Girls, SNSD, 2AM, or whoever. They're all Korean but I don't see Jae hating on them. It was just a thing that he said that was on bypassing cuz the situtation back then was hard for him but now he's really changed. Why can't people understand that and that their constant pressuring him to go kill himself is just making them murders themselves ? If Jaebum gets kicked out of 2PM, 2PM wouldn't be 2PM. Even if they put a new member, they would NEVER be the same because the 2PM now has gone through so much together to be simply cut apart like this. 7+1=0 7-1=0

Guest Rachel Lee.

i do think it may have been better if the members hadn't intervened, but it's nice to know that the boys are unconditionally

protecting jay, despite what this might do to them as a group.

jay's not the only one who went through hardcore training - the other 6 did too & to think that they're willing to stand with him despite all that makes me love them even more.

<3.

Guest xjuicyy403

it really is unfortunate that the situation has escalated so far=(

i really cant imagine what jay is going through...='(

but of course, he shouldnt have said those things in the first place

esp on the internet=/

Wow this is pathetic!

I'm glad he apologized and I hope he grew up,

but everyone is acting like he's a victim.

and to the idiot who said "he talks black"

go educate yourself please.

Why do people want the forgeiners of the group deported??

anyone with that mentality is a freaking idiot, you can't have someone deported just because of their choice of words who do you think you are????

im going to have to agree with everything you just said.

wanting the foreign members to be deported is ridiculous.

Guest I<3SunSunYeMi

i hope other jyp family members speak & express the opinion on this inicident,especially jo kwon & sun ye

since they are so close together

Guest yumi-chan

Well I've never lived or been to Korea before so his comments don't hit me that hard :/

But, if I were one of his fans living in Korea, I'd be disappointed. It's like, the one of the Jonas brothers saying America is gay a little while back for example, yet they're so famous in the US now.

Can't really say more than that. It's in the past so we should just forgive the guy, a honest young one's mistake for trying to act cool with his friends. He's older now, and those comments are really old anyhow.

Guest thehazyfiasco

I think Wooyoung was scolded by his company due to the harsh reaction the netizens took to his support.. He erased all traces on his minihompy.

Guest CriticalHit

It's nice to hear the rest of 2PM supporting him! He's already apologized for his actions. It doesn't sound like he was serious serious serious about hating Koreans and thinking Korea is gay. He did say he was frustrated at the time he wrote that. Not only that but he's changed, according to what he said. I give him the benefit of the doubt.

I just wanted to take some time and voice my opinion on this situation concerning 2PM's Jaebeom.

As a male follower of 2PM's music, Jaebeom is a member who I look up to as a role model.

He's certainly talented and is capable of being a great leader.

I sometimes think to myself, "in a few years, I wanna be just like Jay."

I'm not going to defend Jay's actions because what he did was wrong.

Jay made a mistake, but is this a mistake that should not be forgiven?

Yes, Jay said some things that should not be said, but it is all in the past.

Jay apologized and I believe that through these rough times,

he has learned a hard lesson and has grown to be more mature.

Give him another chance and let him be a better person.

He's the core and leader of 2PM. Without Jay, 2PM wouldn't be 2PM.

nicely said, what he said was sooooooo wrong and insult alot of ppl, but he apologized, it's different case if he said it just like yesterday or a month ago, he said that years ago when he just got in korea, being pressured to adapt but none really accepting him or else, not saying his the victim here coz he did made fun bout it since in america

but im sure he learn his lesson and after sometimes he began to respect korea more that he gets to know and learn the OTHER side of the ppl and country

he learn to embrace his roots while growing up, while in the process he forgot he ever said that, coz hey he already felt comfortable with anything related with korea now

but if the netizens said that he should suicide and bring the other foreigners in the group outside korea

hmmm i guess what he felt bout the ppl backthen not that wrong after all no

true i think this is something that still can be forgiven, there's always second chance

i had goosebumps just by reading:[ It's really understandable. I mean he said it already.. there's no need for people to react so much about it. He admitted and was sorry for that wrong doing. The members will always support him and the Hottest too...

be strong Jay!

I can understand where some of the people are coming from but to tell him to kill himself over something 4 years ago is extreme.. If someone said that to me today I would say no one is keeping you in the place you call names, but if it was 4 years ago i would brush it off because it is not a huge deal. Its like oh yeah 4 years ago i said the United States of America was stupid and all these names but now I think America is cool, people would just stare at you and say okkkk. It seems like everything is a huge deal over there. Like they don`t say anything about places they visit, or if they had to move to the US I think they would say the same things about us and our culture.

Well that is just my point of view.

<33 2PM

Guest icecube.

^ getting worse and worse by the minute actually. Many of the Korean Hottest have chosen to stay quiet until the whole situation is cleared or a bit quieted down.

Guest xxxsleepinggirlxxx

i think everyone just needs to take a chill pill lmao. the Hottest and those random few netizens with blood on their minds. Let korean fans stew over this and simmer down. Nobody's going to take it easily, if they're a true citizen of Korea. After a month, when Jae's apology seems more sincere (I'm sorry but his apology doesn't seem very...right...maybe he should make a public live apology?)

Guest thehazyfiasco

is the response in kr still that bad? or have the ppl cooled down alr?

It's HORRIBLE right now.. the news is having a field day with Wooyoung's response and the netizens have targeted Wooyoung now, attacking him for protecting Jae.

I think Wooyoung was scolded by his company due to the harsh reaction the netizens took to his support.. He erased all traces on his minihompy.

I think Wooyoung's post was more for the fans than for Jae. He can let Jae know in person that he supports him, so I think he posted that to let their fans know that there's no bad blood within the group. And I'd say that he did a really good job since a lot of people here are getting some relief just by reading his post.

Good job, boys. With some good PR, I think this thing may blow over in a couple of weeks (or maybe months).

It's HORRIBLE right now.. the news is having a field day with Wooyoung's response and the netizens have targeted Wooyoung now, attacking him for protecting Jae.

Actually, as weird as it may sound, I don't think that's too bad of a thing. If the heat goes from Jae to someone protecting Jae, my guess is that it's easier for anger to die down. Instead of hating on someone for insulting their pride, the netizens are now hating on someone for showing support for a friend. I don't think they can hate on Wooyoung for long since he never said that 2PM agrees with what Jae said, but that there's no bad blood within the group.

Guest I<3SunSunYeMi

what's wrong to protecting your groupmates?

i dont get Korean netizens

wow...

korean netizens have so much time on their hands.

what jaebum wrote is from 2005. he was a trainee then, and i know it was hard for him to train in a country where he didnt really know the culture. as a korean american, if i went to korea alone, i'm sure i would feel the same as him. i'm sure he used the word "gay" out of fustration. he apologized and you can clearly tell he grew up from 4 years ago. korean netizens are going too far now, they got an apology from him and JYPE, what more do they expect from jaebum? if he really did kill himself, i'm sure the netizens would be feeling bad and all. they really need to think before they write....

if the netizens really want jaebum out of korea, i wouldnt mind him coming back to the US, with the rest of 2pm since without one member it wouldnt be the same 2pm.

Archived