Korean Netizens Are Not Happy With Jaebeom

Guest Ssaga_G

Guest Jooliyah

Geez, people really overreact =.=''

Is it really that difficult to cut a kid some slack when he's going through hard times? He's grown and matured, and that's all that really matters.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Heaven-101

Hottests, please support jaebeom :(

He doesn't deserve this kind of harassment after all the work he put into this year.

Sign the petition!

and make sure to check your email to verify your signature! :)

this was so old. us , in the u.s. knows its slang for stupid, though I dont like Jay using it,

i support him. I bet it was tough and he probably missed his family and friends like crazy, gad, netizens

just dont understand - -________-; i love you jay park & 2pm<3.

Guest damifino

... As if Asian-American teenagers never made fun of their own "motherland" at one point in their lives.

And if they were a celebrity WORKING IN KOREA like Jaebum, they'd get crap for it too so what's your point?

Korean neitzens are making me go #$%)#&$%$# .

Wanting Jay to suicide ?

S hit . If Jay suicides, I'm going to go to Korea and break their faces .

Telling somebody to suicide shouldn't be said that easily .

Don't use the random babbling of some lunatic as the basis for ALL Korean netizens. There's always a handful of nutjobs who write "I'm glad so and so died, they deserved it" after some death in Korea or "Too bad you didn't die" after some celebrity gets in a car accident. That doesn't mean that the majority of Korean netizens feel that way.

about the use of the word "gay", my comment may sound "ignorant" but, it shouldn't be accepted but it's basically the truth that people use the word "gay" loosely and yes it is offending to LGBT community but honestly, you can't stop people from using it to mean "whack, stupid, etc." many people use this world in daily conversation like that but it doesn't mean that they're a bad person, etc. it's all about your environment and what you're surrounded by. And face it peers have a lot of influence on everyone, you can't deny it.

I'm not part of the LGBT community, but I personally find it offensive. I too have used the term when it was all the rage... WHEN I WAS IN THE 3RD GRADE!!! before I even knew what the term "gay" meant. But most of us aren't in the 3rd grade anymore and should know better by now. Just because one is surrounded by ignorant people doesn't mean that they have to act ignorant especially at an age when you should be able to tell the difference between right and wrong.

Difference is that Miss HO wanted to stab her cousin's face because her cousin wore shoes with the words Girls On Top (or whatever), and she was slagging off a fellow artist. Whereas Jaebum's remarks are vague and don't know the context of the remarks.

So insulting an entire country and its inhabitants is ok, but insulting a pop star isn't? What exactly was vague about Jaebum's remarks?

Honestly, I couldn't care one way or the other about this whole Jaebum situation other than that it's unfortunate and have no feelings one way or the other about Jaebum personally (it didn't make me see him in a different light... not that I saw him in any particular light before so), but the remarks of people in this thread are just unbelievable.

Guest misspinky

^^LMAO so did i. but i'm a little sad cus i've been watching his videos and if that's his idea of sucky rapping then damn..

anyways i don't think age has anything to do with this. it was how he felt at that time and he's entitled to his opinion. whoever dug it up seems to want to ruin his career obviously since 2PM is considered one of the most popuular rising male idol groups. you can consider it a mistake and what not but it doesn't mean that it was wrong. he didn't kill anyone in the process. let's not make it seem like everyone has a halo on their head. adding to the fact that it wasn't murder, he has now apologize. even if you're not a particular fan of 2PM it's safe to say that all trainees have at some point pondered what would come out of the training. and some don't particularly feel that they are getting anywhere and this may have been that moment.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/supportleaderjaypark

a petition that I saw on seoulbeats to support Jaybeom..as a fellow Korean American I'm really insulted by a lot of the Korean's netizen remarks.

There are 3,595 signatures already...

Hottests, please support jaebeom :(

He doesn't deserve this kind of harassment after all the work he put into this year.

Sign the petition!

and make sure to check your email to verify your signature! :)

Will definitely sign this one.

I support Jay. He's a really good and sincere person, from what I've seen in variety shows.

Guest fallen*angel

i think so too. 18 is not that young :/ at 18, a person should be capable of choosing better words and knowing the consequences. being 18 shouldn't be an excuse for Jay.

Really he was 18? .___."

but he said he wrote it when he was 21 i dont get it

so hes 22/23 now right lol

Guest foldedwings12

even though im not a fan i think some of the netizens are being 2 harsh he did apologize after all but any ways international fans can defend this guy all they want but if people in korea hate him his career is over i feel so bad for 2pm :( their gonna get alot of anti s because of jay

Guest sonkiwon

writing "korea is gay" and "i hate koreans" is wrong in the first place.. cuz he's korean.

but he was a total twinkie who went to korea. it's easy for him to say that. especially to his friends.

korean people are over-reacting again. and they'll probably never forgive him because they love korean pride.

tsk tsk poor jay park!

Guest damifino

Really he was 18? .___."

but he said he wrote it when he was 21 i dont get it

so hes 22/23 now right lol

He was 18 when he wrote that "Korea is gay," "I hate Koreans," "Korea is whack," etc.

He was 21 when he updated his profile basically saying he was suffering for a few years in Korea for benefits later on.

Guest *kyuhyunnie*

I wonder how Korean's netz feels if we make a petition of them and tell them to go die. What I do not like about them is that they put themselves in other people shoes.

Guest Redwarrior

I have a few things to say......

Korean netizens who want another to suicide should GET HELP.....they're bordering murders (or could be thought of as "indirect murder"). Why would you even wish for someone to die??? They have no morals at all. If all Korean netizens have the mindset, then I wouldn't say that being Korean is something to be proud of (why should one be proud of a country in which the majority of the people think it's okay to wish death upon someone else?) . Also with the recent suicide rates, they should really understand the consequences of their actions. What if someone they're close to commits suicide or dies??? Just because you hate a person, doesn't mean they don't deserve to live....

In addition, from reading about things that have happened to foreigners there: HanKyung's hardship and how he was made fun of, resulting in the SJ members going to find those people, Jae's experiences at school, etc (others I wouldn't mention because they're rumours). I don't feel like visiting korea at all.....I don't think they welcome foreigners at all.

Also to that netizen that wants to DEPORT all foreign artists....that fits so well with mercantilism! Export ALL (ex: hallyu wave, WG, DBSK, BB, Bi/Rain, Se7en, BoA, SUJU, SS501, 2PM, Korean actors going to other countries to promote their dramas.) and don't import any.....

Edit-

I agree with the person who said that idols become idols partly because of their lust for fame, money and popularity. There are probably other ways to express your passion for performing or singing.

Guest silver_skies

So you're saying using the word 'gay' to describe the word 'lame', 'stupid', etc is okay?

So if I move to Africa where I don't feel right there, I could just use the n word right? It's just an expression. Or I could go to Brooklyn and yell the n word to the people down the streets, which also means 'buddy'.

I assume you're angry because you're an advocate of gay rights or something like that? Which, of course, I have total respect for, even though it's still a controversial topic. But please, when arguing, at least refrain from using faulty logic, it's just really funny.

The word 'gay' has connotations that has been a part of society for a while now. People can usually tell what meaning it is meant to be by the tone of voice when said or by reading the situation.

The n word is similar. You can also tell by the tone of voice or situation as to what the meaning is supposed to be.

Now the weird part. Why would you go to Africa and use the n word? This would only be parallel to the other example if the example was calling a bunch of gay people gay.

I just wanted to take some time and voice my opinion on this situation concerning 2PM's Jaebeom.

As a male follower of 2PM's music, Jaebeom is a member who I look up to as a role model.

He's certainly talented and is capable of being a great leader.

I sometimes think to myself, "in a few years, I wanna be just like Jay."

I'm not going to defend Jay's actions because what he did was wrong.

Jay made a mistake, but is this a mistake that should not be forgiven?

Yes, Jay said some things that should not be said, but it is all in the past.

Jay apologized and I believe that through these rough times,

he has learned a hard lesson and has grown to be more mature.

Give him another chance and let him be a better person.

He's the core and leader of 2PM. Without Jay, 2PM wouldn't be 2PM.

Guest sonujung

korean people living in korea would never understand,,,

jay park shouldn't even explain anything, it's not his fault that he really felt that way in 2005. -____-;;

and i doubt he wrote that because he was tired and hopeless waiting to debut..

he probably really thought korea was gay. gay as in stupid.. most korean kids living in america think korea and korean people there are "gay"...

gosh, korean netizens need to chill...since when did they have korean pride. -_-

Guest angelixer

he probably really thought korea was gay. gay as in stupid.. most korean kids living in america think korea and korean people there are "gay"...

Ugh, you're kimchi eating nerd. I called you that, because hello, every korean eats kimchi and every asian is a nerd. Society says so, so there. I also said it, because my peers pressured me into doing it. Oh, and I'm 18 years old and that's way too young to know it's offensive to asian people.

asian_girl_tongue_out_lg_wht.gif

Come on now.

Guest michbutt

Ugh, you're kimchi eating nerd. I called you that, because hello, every korean eats kimchi and every asian is a nerd. Society says so, so there. I also said it, because my peers pressured me into doing it. Oh, and I'm 18 years old and that's way too young to know it's offensive to asian people.

http://www.testcompany.com/archive/Novembe..._out_lg_wht.gif

Come on now.

What you wrote doesn't even make sense... Jaebum wasn't pressured into saying that.... and I doubt the girl is implying that either.

Archived