Korean Netizens Are Not Happy With Jaebeom

Guest Ssaga_G

Oh, it was shocking for me to read this

But that was 4 yrs ago, people change right?

And all of us are not purely angels or perfect

We do/say foolish/inappropriate things at least once in our lifetime V_V

I still like him^^ <3

Hope that he can get through this and stay strong <3

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest steppery

isn't korea a democratic country??? what's with the petition to send jaebum back to the states. they can't just simply send him back cos of like a comment he made 4 years ago. this issue is seriously blown out of proportion, people should just stop digging up his past and be more forward-looking, and least to say forgiving!

Guest disfunktional.

Korean netizens are angry with the actions and support of the rest of 2PM, saying if they are truly one, then leave Korea with him or halt ALL of 2PM's activities.

wtff o___________O

That's just too much, sure it was terrible of him to say those things, but now they're just really being what he said they were, GAY. Telling him to leave Korea and if people side with him they should leave too? wtf. Pushing an "idol" out of a country because of FOUR MYSPACE COMMENTS?

It really upsets me that people are trying to stop all of 2pm's activities because of this. We all make mistakes. We all say things that we regret. It's life. I understand why people are disappointed Jay but they need to understand that he has really changed. I teared up reading his apology. He seemed very sincere. You can tell that he is truly sorry. I hope Jay is okay. This must be a very hard time for him.

Show your support for Jay! Sign this petition <3

SUPPORT LEADER JAY PARK

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/supportleaderjaypark/

* remember to check your e-mail & verify your signature!

now they're just really being what he said they were, GAY.

I understand where you're coming from, but posts like that would just add fuel to the fire. Even if you do have a point, saying things like that at this time would just cause netizens to get even more riled up, and cause even more damage than they're trying to do now.

p.s. Continuing to use the term "gay" in that context here (or anywhere, for that matter) probably isn't the best idea either.

Guest AzNezumi

Like majority of the people in this forum, I agree with the fact that what JaeBum did was inexcusable for cussing at Koreans or Korea. But honestly, what JaeBum said back then is not as bad as what Korean netizens are suggesting now such as commiting suicide. JaeBum was born and raised in the US, it's understandable that he feels uncomfortable in an unfamiliar environment and etc... and the only way for him to feel comfortable and be more like himself is chatting to his friends on MySpace. Like plenty of you have said, he could of done other options to connect him with his family and friends such as MSN, Yahoo, Google, email, phone, FB and etc... messenging/chatting online is out of the option because of the time zone, so there's emailing his people. There could be people like me who don't even bother checking their emails or cleaning their inbox because you know chain letters will be sent and you're too lazy to delete them. I constantly check out facebook, assuming that it's like MySpace (I don't know how MS work, I just know it's similar to FB), he doesn't have that much of an option to talk to his people. Netizens should give him personal space.

For moving to a foreign country, I respect the risk he took to plan his future. If I were in his shoes, I would feel frustrated as well, training day by day and having a hard time contacting my family and friends. Talking to someone I know is much more preferred than talking to a complete stranger. I, like JaeBum, have absolute no knowledge of the culture or language so life must've been more hard on him.

The people who have suggested JaeBum to commit suicide, I find them rather pathetic and stupid. What they are suggesting is much more harsh and rude, that I sometimes think they need psychological help or something. There's something I don't understand, if the general public (in Korea, is above 19+) knows the difference between right and wrong, then shouldn't they know that suggesting such an idea is wrong?

I believe he's sincere with the apology he made. Personally, I like him the most out of all the 2pm members.

I wish him and 2pm the best of luck in the future!!!!

Guest glitzykaren

I'm not trying to justify Jaebum's poor choice of words, but I can understand where he's coming from. I had to live in Korea for 14 months a few years back and I absolutely hated it. I didn't understand the culture, I had trouble understanding the language, and I felt really lost. People weren't helpful either. I received cold stares or insults because I wasn't adapted to Korean mannerisms and their tradition. I hated Korea and the people there. I'm sure most people that had to live in a different culture for a long period of time can agree with feeling angry and desperate. Again, I'm disappointed in his (past) immature way of expressing his troubles, but I can definitely understand why he would be angry.

Guest thealien.

no,i am not hating on him

i actually like him as the leader of 2pm (i like all the leaders from jyp groups)

but would you rather see 2pm to disband or just kick him out so the group activities remain normal?

How can you say you don't hate him when you'd rather have him leave then stick with 2PM just so group activities can remain normal? Your words are all mixed up. Fix it right before you start typing.

Guest cantthinkofaname

^ getting worse and worse by the minute actually. Many of the Korean Hottest have chosen to stay quiet until the whole situation is cleared or a bit quieted down.

well that is the best thing to do...for now, wouldn't want them to spark up more things...i just hope no antis will try to pretend to be a hottest and make the problem even more messier.

Guest Shinn Asuka

How can you say you don't hate him when you'd rather have him leave then stick with 2PM just so group activities can remain normal? Your words are all mixed up. Fix it right before you start typing.

Wanting him out of the group does not equal hating him.

Anyway, butthurt netizens need to get over it :/

i think, for non-americans, it will be seen as very rude, and disgusting, and theyd really dislike him.

unless theyre open-minded/know american culture.

because all, and i do mean ALL, of my friends think asian things are quite feminine, lame, etc.

i probably have like..5 friends that think that, but are like--"hey whatever, it's cool in it's own way."

and truthfully, yes. asian things are quite feminine in comparison to american things, from my perspective.

(and im talking about male stuff--'cause female stuff is obviously feminine)

but, then again jaebum mightve been saying ga y as in lame or stupid.

and of course he'd say that.

he was thrown into a new environment, unsure of his future, language barrier, etc..

and the netizens' comments are understandable too.

albeit harsh.

i mean, if we had a korean come to the states and say the states are ga y, im sure americans would react the same way.

telling the person to gtfo.

and they wouldnt use internet abbreviations.

they might even go further than just words.

it's all just a misunderstanding. a korean than netizens respect and that knows american culture needs to set it straight with the netizens, so theyd understand--or at least begin to understand.

our cultures are quite different.

Guest unknown.

Jaebeom definitely did something really wrong. It's definitely not okay. Of course, even if he already apologized for what he did, people would not be able to just forgive and forget that easily. What I find ridiculous is how netizens generalize Korean-Americans and post really harsh comments (not just addressed to Jay but to Korean-Americans also). Aside from that, they're criticizing 2PM members for supporting their leader.

I guess Jay should apologize in front of the press, a more public apology or something? I don't really know. Netizens want proof that he's sincere with his apology, and is really the "changed" person he said he already is. Apologizing over the web won't really do much. I hope this will die down soon though.

(If this happened in Japan, he'll probably be suspended in an indefinite amount of time and others.)

Guest Storytime

Honestly, as a trainee with potential to debut, Jay should have known to watch his mouth. Netizens will always have time to dig up a celeb's past. At the same time, I could understand how he was feeling. He was alone in Korea and could barely speak the language and understand the culture. He was so terribly homesick.

However understandable, he would have to face the consequences sooner or later. All we can do is wait for the storm to blow over.

PS. I'm glad he wrote in his nonsensical slang because I'm sure a majority of Korean netizens will have no idea what "when i start ballin yall start ballin with me" mean.

Guest tiffanydawn

The memebers are truely showing that they're one not seven different people. At first I was really scared that the members would have hatred and a bit of discomfort to Jaebum but I can tell that they're not ready to let go yet. They've worked so hard together and come so far that it's too late to back down. You know what ? Truthfully I wouldn't mind 2PM moving to the American industry due to this factor and making a bomb richard simmons debut and garnering more fans internationally that Korean netizens will be BEGGING 2PM to come back. Yeah, I would love to see that happen which it will if 2PM does move over to America. Seriously, I'm so tired of Korean netizens wanting to pick at everything and not just for Jaebum but for every freaking Korean idol group. They're all humans, they can make mistakes. And if they apologize, Korean netizens need to learn to accept and at least see that Jaebum is apologetic. You can really even tell that he's changed and if he hated Korean people so much he wouldn't even be interacting with his members and hating JYP and Wonder Girls, SNSD, 2AM, or whoever. They're all Korean but I don't see Jae hating on them. It was just a thing that he said that was on bypassing cuz the situtation back then was hard for him but now he's really changed. Why can't people understand that and that their constant pressuring him to go kill himself is just making them murders themselves ? If Jaebum gets kicked out of 2PM, 2PM wouldn't be 2PM. Even if they put a new member, they would NEVER be the same because the 2PM now has gone through so much together to be simply cut apart like this. 7+1=0 7-1=0

DITTO.

Korean netizens' favorite hobby is to destroy the lives of other people. like seriously. why include Wooyoung in their rage? i am really afraid for 2PM :(

Guest teehwanee

ugh this pisses me off so much.

i'm not saying it was okay for jae bum to write those things

but seriously, he was homesick.

and this was what..? four years ago?

he probably like korea now.

i'm half korean and i feel that most koreans are wayy too patriotic

and they like to blow things wayyyyyyyyyyy out of proportion.

i used to use the word "gay" to describe a lot of things

my dad grounded me and i would go on AIM and say "my dad grounded me. this is so gay."

it doesn't mean korea's homosexual.

arghhhhhh

and on korean sites people are saying his letter of apology was written by JYP staff

because his korean isn't that good.

yeah. maybe someone proofread it for him?

maybe he had someone type it up while he was speaking.

god. this kinda stuff makes me hate korean netizens.

and now they're getting mad at woo young for supporting jay.

arghhh D8<

i just wish everyone would just get over it.

Guest babiikaiiz

oh.. and.. another thing; is it mandatory for him to like korea?

performing is his job, it's work. people get transferred to other countries to work all the time.. just because they become successful in said country doesn't mean they have to like living there.

what's wrong to protecting your groupmates?

i dont get Korean netizens

I think I have an answer to both of your questions. You kinda have to ask what Jay's celebrity means to Koreans - not just as a straight up entertainer but one who is very much an example of how the Korean pop music industry works and which has a very strong work ethic. You train hard, you debut, work harder and gain as much popularity as you can, mostly as a member of a team.

When stuff like this breaks out, its a catch-22, because it reveals what these kids go through together to be stars, the industry and the fans then expect them to be grateful all along for being given a chance at stardom. This is especially interesting to me because when Jay was writing these comments, there was no doubt he saw himself more as an American than a Korean when hes talking about "the people here". But I think his Korean fans would like to see him more as a kinda westernized Korean, theres American in him, yes but essentially he's Korean. Its not a question of one or the other: its really more about 'Which one are you more?" The backlash over Wooyoung's support for him might be because of this. They might be saying "How dare you support someone who doesn't see himself as Korean and hates Korea when these things have given him the success he enjoys now?"

I am NOT supporting either sides, merely a commentor.

Guest ningmeng

^ getting worse and worse by the minute actually. Many of the Korean Hottest have chosen to stay quiet until the whole situation is cleared or a bit quieted down.

that's the best thing they do. not get involved until the whole situation cooled down. all we have to hope is that other fans or anti will not stir up anymore rumours and such.

It's HORRIBLE right now.. the news is having a field day with Wooyoung's response and the netizens have targeted Wooyoung now, attacking him for protecting Jae.

i thought wooyoung's response was apporpriate to calm fans down. since the whole world is against jaybum. they really do need the support from hottest. netizens should really leave wooyoung out of this because all he wanted to do is to ensure the fans that they are trying to solve the problem too.

Archived