Song Joong Ki 송중기 - [Upcoming Movie 2024] My Name Is Loh Kiwan

gm4queen

*** SJK is nominated in the "Popularity Award" for the 2021 Asia Artist Awards.    :rubchin:

After signing up, click the "Asia Artist Awards 2021, Click here to vote" box. You will then be redirected to another page where you will see six categories: Male Idol Group, Female Idol Group, Male Solo Singer, Female Solo Singer, Male Actor, and Female Actor. Under each category, you will just have to tap the picture of your favorite artist or actor to which you will give your votes. A small box can be found on the bottom left side of the screen. There, you will input the number of votes you want to give to the nominee. You will then click "Perform a Vote," and that's it, your votes are counted. The first round of voting for the "Popularity Award" has started yesterday Oct. 17 at noon KST and will end tomorrow Oct. 19 at 11:59 p.m. KST.

The second preliminary voting will take place from Oct. 21 at noon KST to Oct. 28 at 11:59 p.m. KST, and the final voting will be from Nov. 1 at noon KST to Nov. 15 at 11:59 p.m. KST.

The nominees for the "Popularity Award" for the upcoming 2021 Asia Artist Awards are the singers and actors who have been active in the entertainment industry from October 2020 to the present.

Male Actor (Order Based on Number of Votes)

• GOT7 Jinyoung
  • NCT Doyoung
  • Kim Soo Hyun
  • ASTRO Cha Eunwoo
  • 2PM Junho
  • Lee Seung Gi
  • Kim Seon Ho
  • Lee Jun Ki
  • NU'EST Minhyun
  • Song Joong Ki

See the full list on the AAA | RET website (only works on a mobile phone).

https://aaa-ret.com/

• Like 1

*** One of the reasons why I love watching K-drama is because of its beautiful OSTs. It’s all thanks to the great singer who lent his voice to SJK's drama "Descendants of the Sun". I'm talking about EXO’s Chen who is of one those talented singers behind some iconic K-drama OSTs we love the most! I love this soundtrack from the drama. Chen made my heart flutters with this song. :kisslevel:

1. Everytime

*** The Seoul Drama Awards 2021 just took place TONIGHT October 21 at MBC’s Public Hall. It is an annual international drama festival that celebrates dramas from around the world.This year’s ceremony was held without an audience and without face-to-face contact. The entire event was live-streamed via YouTube. “Vincenzo” took home the Excellent Korean Drama award, with SJK taking an award for Outstanding Korean Actor in his acting in the drama. Congratulations to "Vincenzo" team especially to SJK! I'm so proud of him. I'm so glad that the drama is recognized and a winner because it was just so good!!! I'm happy for SJK. Keep making more excellent dramas and movies, Oppa. :kisslevel:

0005673108_003_20211021191201843.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=421&aid=0005673108

• Love 2

YES! I love this drama! If I told you how many times I have watched it or just listened to it in the background as I did other things you would call me obsessed. The entire cast was superb in the production, and of course, SJK is simply the hottest hero/villain to grace the screen. The story line itself speaks to many of us who feel the justice system in our countries could use a Vincenzo or a John Wick. Congratuations from my happy heart to SJK! Those eyes! That smile! That voice!

• Love 1

On 10/12/2021 at 1:51 PM, ssteph said:

2021.10.12 script reading for Chaebol Family's Youngest Son

http://m.joynews24.com/v/1410989#_DYAD

The "youngest son of a chaebol" has already finished the test filming and has begun filming the early child role. On top of that, Song Joong-ki is scheduled to join the filming in earnest soon, signaling the birth of another lifetime work, adding to expectations.

(Eng trans Papago + Google)

@ssteph I thought all along that his female partner here is Suzy.....just a rumor? As far as I remember they have worked together before, nearly a decade ago, right? I know the budget for "The Youngest Son of Chaebol Family" is estimasted around 26~ Billion Won & it's higher than "Vincenzo".  Is this slated to air this year (2021)? JTBC as the network celebrates its 10th anniversary. :heart:

@willenette it was just a rumour quite a while ago for a short time only, after that it was said that Shin Hyun Been will be in Chaebol drama with Joong Ki. Yes, Joong Ki and Suzy met as MCs for 1 music event, I forgot what it was already. New drama is set to premier early next year 2022, let's look forward to it. I hope we can watch in Netflix as well :)

Congratulations to Joong Ki, Director and whole Vincenzo crew!!! 

Joong Ki's vlog is here, I am off to watch :D

• Love 1

13 hours ago, shadowhawk said:

YES! I love this drama! If I told you how many times I have watched it or just listened to it in the background as I did other things you would call me obsessed. The entire cast was superb in the production, and of course, SJK is simply the hottest hero/villain to grace the screen. The story line itself speaks to many of us who feel the justice system in our countries could use a Vincenzo or a John Wick. Congratuations from my happy heart to SJK! Those eyes! That smile! That voice!

@shadowhawk ye, congratulations to SJK for a great comeback after a period of personal life struggle. I'm glad that he took this drama. I expected that this drama will win. It was so addictive & that makes it special. I waited eagerly for every EP. Miss this drama. :blush:

10 hours ago, willenette said:

@ssteph I thought all along that his female partner here is Suzy.....just a rumor? As far as I remember they have worked together before, nearly a decade ago, right? I know the budget for "The Youngest Son of Chaebol Family" is estimasted around 26~ Billion Won & it's higher than "Vincenzo".  Is this slated to air this year (2021)? JTBC as the network celebrates its 10th anniversary. :heart:

I am super excited about it coming out and being able to watch him in action again, regardless of his female lead. Those eyes! That smile! That voice!

20 hours ago, willenette said:

@shadowhawk ye, congratulations to SJK for a great comeback after a period of personal life struggle. I'm glad that he took this drama. I expected that this drama will win. It was so addictive & that makes it special. I waited eagerly for every EP. Miss this drama. :blush:

Me too. I'm really late to the SJK train, but after seeing Vincenzo pop up on my Netflix again and again I took a chance on it and was completely obessed! I'm the crazy person that has never even see DOTS (I think SJK looks his best in Vincenzo tho), so now I'm going backwards to watch DOTS and other stuff he was in. But I will watch random episodes of Vincenzo just to get my fill haha! 

20 hours ago, EInfinity said:

@willenette it was just a rumour quite a while ago for a short time only, after that it was said that Shin Hyun Been will be in Chaebol drama with Joong Ki. Yes, Joong Ki and Suzy met as MCs for 1 music event, I forgot what it was already. New drama is set to premier early next year 2022, let's look forward to it. I hope we can watch in Netflix as well :)

Congratulations to Joong Ki, Director and whole Vincenzo crew!!! 

Joong Ki's vlog is here, I am off to watch :D

Anyone know if there is a subbed version yet? 

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote tweets & videos! Thanks!

@snowjewelz Welcome to Song Joong Ki's thread :)

I haven't seen a subbed version yet, will post here if I can find one.

Btw DOTS is really good but you should check out Arthdal Chronicles as well, it's my top favourite drama :D

Joong Ki sent a foodtruck and a coffee truck to support his long time friend Junho 2PM

• Like 1

19 hours ago, snowjewelz said:

Me too. I'm really late to the SJK train, but after seeing Vincenzo pop up on my Netflix again and again I took a chance on it and was completely obessed! I'm the crazy person that has never even see DOTS (I think SJK looks his best in Vincenzo tho), so now I'm going backwards to watch DOTS and other stuff he was in. But I will watch random episodes of Vincenzo just to get my fill haha! 

Anyone know if there is a subbed version yet? 

VINCENZO is in the subbed version, English. Though I don't speak Korean, and have watched the series so often I have lost count of the number of times I have done so, I have always watched in the original language version because I LOVE SJK's voice and inflections on the words It would be like trying to watch TOMBSTONE subbed in Chinese.... you could never replace Val Kilmer's portrayal of Doc Holiday's sarcastic Southern drawl with any other language but English, and no one else could ever do SJK's deep, gentle but deadly Vincenzo except SJK. Those eyes! That smile! That voice!

The 10 Most Popular K-Dramas On Twitter And Where You Can Watch Them

Did your faves make the list?

You know that something's a huge deal when it's trending on Twitter, and that also applies to K-dramas. With the rising global popularity of Hallyu contentmost recently seen in the worldwide virality of Squid GameK-dramas are now becoming a hot topic to talk about on social media, making them a regular on the trending list.

In case you're curious about which K-dramas are the most talked about online, Twitter released the list of the most mentioned K-drama titles in the world on its platform from July 2018 up until June 2021and it's no surprise that the list includes several fan-favorite series.

Check out the top 10 most mentioned K-dramas on Twitter:

Vincenzo

Starring: Song Joong Ki, Jeon Yeo Bin, Ok Taecyeon

Watch it on: Netflix

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/most-mentioned-k-dramas-on-twitter-sa4782-20211024-src-candy?ref=home_feed_2

Dear Oppa: A Nepali fan pens why no one except Song Joong Ki could play Yoo Shi Jin in Descendants of the Sun

song_joong_ki_dear_oppa_0.jpg?width=752&

Before baffling us with his devilish avatar as Vincenzo Cassano in Vincenzo, it was as Captain Yoo Shi Jin in Descendants of the Sun that Song Joong Ki further cemented his mark as a true blood Hallyu star. For those waiting eagerly to see Joong Ki in his next projects, not only do we have his upcoming film, Bogota, but we'll also get to watch the handsome Space Sweepers star in the upcoming JTBC drama, Chaebol Family's Youngest Son.

Today's heartwarming letter in our Dear Oppa series has been penned by Bibhuti Shrestha from Nepal to Song Joong Ki.

Read her letter (Note: This letter was sent on May 7, 2021) below:

Annyeonghaseyo Joong ki Oppa,

Chal ji nae sho sso yo?

I've finally mustered up my courage to lift my pen after 5 years of hopelessly being in love with you as "Captain Yoo Shi Jin". Normally, I am a K-drama fan but after watching DOTS for 1st time in 2016, I understood the meaning of fangirl. I am still surprised how one can fall head over heels for someone imaginary. I've asked myself countless times, would I fall for anyone that had portrayed the character of Yoo Shi Jin? Well, the answer is a big NO because the passion in your eyes, your mischievous yet heart-melting smile and the depth and intensity you add to the character would not be the same without you.

I was honestly upset when you got married but I was devastated when you broke apart. I felt the pain in my heart thinking about all the hardships you were going through. Despite the time being merciless on you Oppa, you stood strong and kept working hard. Seeing this, my respect for you as a person just increased. Arthdal Chronicles showed how you grew as an actor, both Eun-seom and Saya were applaudable. However, Vincenzo has made me fall for a cold-blooded consigliere mafia.

Oppa, I am miles away from you and we might or might never cross paths but I want to keep watching your work till my last day. I want to watch you grow as an actor and as a person too, I wonder how you would look with your grey hair, but one thing is for sure, I will still be in love with you and will be wishing you well. I wish you all the happiness in the world, Oppa. Take your good care and be happy.

Your fangirl,
Bibhuti Shrestha
Kathmandu, Nepal

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/dear-oppa-nepali-fan-pens-why-no-one-except-song-joong-ki-could-play-yoo-shi-jin-descendants-sun-924225

Who is American people’s favorite Korean male actor?

Here are the top Korean actors who have been appreciated by the US media in recent years.

10. Song Joong-ki

Song Joong-ki still maintains his dazzling beauty many years after his debut. Recently, he has been receiving a lot of love for his role in the tvN drama “Vincenzo”. In 2022, he is scheduled to return as the main character Yoon Hyun-woo in the JTBC drama “Chaebol Family’s Youngest Son”.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://kbizoom.com/who-is-american-peoples-favorite-korean-male-actor/

On 10/23/2021 at 8:21 AM, shadowhawk said:

VINCENZO is in the subbed version, English. Though I don't speak Korean, and have watched the series so often I have lost count of the number of times I have done so, I have always watched in the original language version because I LOVE SJK's voice and inflections on the words It would be like trying to watch TOMBSTONE subbed in Chinese.... you could never replace Val Kilmer's portrayal of Doc Holiday's sarcastic Southern drawl with any other language but English, and no one else could ever do SJK's deep, gentle but deadly Vincenzo except SJK. Those eyes! That smile! That voice!

Oh sorry I meant to see if there was ENG captions for his vlog. I am 100000% against dubbed versions of anything; they are often so bad! 

• Like 1

9 Best romantic-action K-dramas to have in your watchlist!

Making a fantastic watchlist for new K-drama fans is frequently difficult. We hope this list will assist you in locating the dramas you want!

Template-1.jpg?resize=1024,576&ssl=1

If you’re a K-drama fan, you’ve undoubtedly seen all of the dramas mentioned below; if not, it’s time to add them to your watchlist!

Descendants of the Sun (2016)

When Yoo Shijin, the captain of a Korean special forces unit, and his buddy and fellow soldier Seo Daeyoung arrest a thief on their day off, they have a fortuitous meeting with Kang Moyeon, a hospital trauma surgeon.

But it doesn’t take long for the pair to learn they have opposing viewpoints on human life, with Shijin killing to save lives and Moyeon doing everything she can to rescue them.

4627_DescendantsoftheSun_Nowplay_Small.j Image Source: KBS2

It depicts the experiences of young soldiers and physicians who yearn for love and achievement in a strange nation while living in a harsh environment. You’ll fawn over the lead couple’s chemistry and exquisite love tale. It’s a simple drama that will have you glued to your screen until the very end.

Vincenzo (2021)

Vincenzo Cassano, is a lawyer who works as a consigliere for the Mafia. He escapes to South Korea as a result of a mafia conflict. He becomes connected with Lawyer Hong Chayoung in South Korea.

Lawyer Hong Chayoung is the kind of lawyer who will go to any length to win a case. Vincenzo Cassano is smitten by her. In his unique manner, he accomplishes social justice.

Vincenzo-CP1SM1.jpg?resize=780%2C390&is- Image Source: tvN

This dark-comedy drama has captivated audiences. With the assistance of funny characters and cunning methods, the characters struggle against the corrupted and powerful BABEL group to get retribution. If you enjoy offbeat humor and wicked villains being punished, this is a must-see.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://annyeongoppa.com/2021/10/25/9-best-romantic-action-k-dramas-to-have-in-your-watchlist/

• Like 2

21 hours ago, EInfinity said:

Eng subs is added to the vlog, thank you History D&C!

*** Thanks for sharing this. I was surprised after his company, History D&C, released his first-ever vlog but, love it. As he's been vocal about being a private person,  I'm used to see Song Joong Ki only in dramas and films. He limits sharing about his personal and day to day activities in public, until this has been uploaded. After watching it, I can say that Song Joong Ki is actually outgoing and exudes warmth while at work. I can see that Song Joong Ki had a wonderful time working on and off the spotlight. He displayed his authentic self, showing that behind the lens, he is a normal guy who travels, eats, meets new people, and gets tired after hectic schedules. He said there that one of the staff members missed the train to Busan. He shared more about his participation as a host in BIFF. In the train, while waiting for their arrival time, he made a run through of his script for the event. Song Joong Ki's manager showed a piece of document that the actor needed to sign - a file about the "Vincenzo Blu-ray" currently under production. When he arrived in Busan, Song Joong Ki immediately went to the event venue for rehearsal. After a quick meal with staff members, Song Joong Ki prepared for the actual event. We can see that he's seen reading the script alongside Park So Dam. The following day, he attended a press conference, together with his "Space Sweepers" co-stars. Through his first vlog, we saw Song Joong Ki spends most of his time working. The video has over 395,000 views as of yesterday. (October 26)  :7555_attack: