korean stars who speak english

Guest rockstaridol

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest theLEGEND

I know Kim SunAh studies (studied?) at Ball State University, but I haven't her speak in English yet (except for her deliberately faulty "sexy cookie" convo with Henry as SamSoon :lol: ).

Kim Sun ah (MNIKSS) never heard she speaks be4.. but everyone here said she studied high school in japan (japanese i assume) and university in.. piano major if i'm not wrong.

Kim Sun Ah studied high school in Japan and continued her studies in Ball States University taking piano as her major. I've heard her speaking japanese but not english. I wish I could hear her speaking english. :) About her saying "sexy cookie" to Daniel Henney in MNIKSS, I heard somewhere that it's hard for her to speak broken english while filming MNIKSS :P

Guest lunae

I just saw Bad Housewife. The girl who played in Let go 2 the Beach speaks excellent english

issit Lee Chong Ah? [the one from Wolf's Attraction] or the other lead (sori forgot her name, the one that loves Junjin)

I love Eugene's and Jung Ryeo Won's english, it's perfect! Kim Sun Ah, i think she can speak English well, cuz when she's doing the broken English in MNIKSS, some of the English words come out good and the pronounciation is perfect [it's diff compared to those who dont understand English]

Tim, Taebin, Tablo (the T's) these guys are like US natives. Complete with the accent.

Lee Byung Hun, Park Shin Yang, Lee Seo Jin - these guys understand & speaks excellent English, but with Korean accent. But very understandable. I thought Kim Joo Hyuk also can speak English. Great bunch of guys.

Shinhwa Eric & DBSK Micky speak fob english, american accented but hard to understand. Andy - never heard him chat in English, but the pronounciation is clear.... Hye sung also have good english, I believe, but heavily Korean accented

What about Lee Hana, the younger sis in Alone in Love? I think she's fluent! *^^*

Guest ilovebeans

^

Actually Erics english is very good, and you can understand him perfectly... he sounds extremely hot when he speaks it. I think he has an accent because he mostly speaks korean.. Here's a clip of Eric speaking English. Credits to Destiny Ngyuen who uploaded it on youtube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MBjfBHNNWCk&amp...inhwa%20english

and Andys english is kinda hard to understand.. credits to dinsters on youtube

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IbkeZq-aPfs&amp...inhwa%20english

:P

Guest amboot

beautiful eugene noona speaks fluent english and with barely an accent! she's not only beautiful but so talented, sophisticated, and bright!!!

Yeh I agree with you! she can speak english fluently coz she lived in Guam in her teens..:)

Guest Elee

Kim Tae Hee,Kim Rae Won,Kim Min and Dennis,they're so cold.

all em? Ill add some on the list...well its obvious that Daniel Henney speaks english! I only know 2 singers who speak english...Yoochun Micky from TVXQ, and Brian Joo from FTTS

Guest xxReminisce

my friend told me Hyesung spoke english perfectly. Is that true? I highly doubt that. I heard him speaking english before and it was quite fobby..

Guest s3rene

I heard Kim Tae Hee speaking english in LSIH and she sounded weird so I had trouble understanding her. Sure she can speak english but not fluently I guess.

Guest michgirlelle

thank youu, ive been waiting for someone to say that. sure Eric can speak but i dont even consider it speaking he has an accent and micky cant speak for crap.

Tim and Brian and Tablo are the best english speakers that i know of.

Guest Glenn

As someone mentioned earlier, what about Sung Shi Kyung, he sings great in english and pronounces the words great, never heard him speak english but sounds like he can.

Guest rockstaridol

Jung ryeo won's english in mnikss is understandable but still accented. I had to come close to the screen to understand her.

hyun bin's english in sam soon is so terrible.

Yunjin Kim doesn't have an american accent but very understandable unlike some korean stars who attempt to speak english

d0eS lee juN ki and haN ji hYe caN sPeaK enGlisH???

i thinK theY caN....

bUt n0t as fLueNt as daNieL heNney..... :unsure:

Considering the fact that people like Eric and Micky didn't start studying English until middle school and returned to Korea when they were 17 or 18, I'd say that Eric's done pretty well for himself, since English is a second language that he tried to pick up after his language acquisition window is closed.

Heck I know Koreans who were born and raised in the US all their lives, but because they only hang out with other Koreans, they speak accented English.

Eric's accent is really particular, because it's not really a Korean accent, it's like... this ebonics, ghetto drawl. I've only heard Andy speak English once in Nonstop, his line delivery was bad, but once you get past that, the English was okay. I bet in normal casual conversation he can hold his own.

Also I'm not sure how true this is, but Park ShiYeon (tennis player from My Girl, otherwise known in real life as Eric's Girlfriend), supposedly she's was studying journalism at St. John's Univ. in the US... so I'm thinking her English skills probably don't suck.

Jung ryeo won's english in mnikss is understandable but still accented. I had to come close to the screen to understand her.

Really? I thought her English was pretty good. If there was a slight accent, it was an Aussie one.

Guest leeleemoon

no his english is freakin bad

i beg u never see him on the english lesson (a clip i saw somewhere)class :wacko:

I saw Rain when he came to NY in February. I went to his concert and the MTV trl performance. I love the guy, but poor thing, his English is horrible. It's so fobbish. I give him lots of credit for attempting to speak it, but honestly, I couldn't help but cringe and giggle everytime he said something in English. In order for him to achieve any success in the music industry in the US, he has to master the English language fluently. I just don't see how he's going to be able to do that with his tight and busy schedule. You can't take a crash course and think that you can learn it easily. So... I definitely don't consider him a korean star who could speak English.

Archived