korean stars who speak english

Guest rockstaridol

Guest poptartsgurl

I think it's funny to say "Daniel Henney or Dennis O'Neil" cause English is their first language, so it would make sense that they're fluent in English. :D

As far as korean stars go...the only ones I've heard speak flawless English (w/ a lil accent) is Tablo, Jung RyuWon, and Yun Jung Hoon.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Aldine

I think for non-korean speaking individuals like me, it's a relief that some of our faves Korean celebrities can speak english.

Among the K-stars I've heard speaking in english, below are the few ones I've considered not bad at all

Eugene

Kim TaeHee

Kim Min

:)

^

The most impressive is still Kim Min. Her English is the most fluent & natural to hear.

Lee ByungHun --> not the best pronunciation either, but I've seen him conduct interviews in English (he understands the questions and answers in kind).

Lee Byung Hun - saw one of his interviews in Japan. the reporter asked him in English. although it took him a while to answer it (to translate his answer in Eng) - he was okay.

Lee Byung Hun speaks almost flawless English in All-In (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zp6JJzgSc_8&search=All%20In%2015)

... and he can definitely communicate with pretty decent English (American accent) in interviews and fan meet.

As most of the interview clips were from 2 years ago (the NHK interview was probably very nerve-wrecking to LBH but he got through it), he has certainly gained a lot of confidence speaking the language. If someone asks him an impromptu question in English, he'd answer it without a translator & he speaks better in casual conversations, with fans etc. For someone who was not born or raised and never studied in the US, his English is pretty good actually.

Lee Jung-jae spoke pretty good English in Typhoon.

That's good to hear about LJJ, thanks monalisa.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest cherrybaby

here some, but it may have been said before...

Jung RyeoWon, she spoke English really well in "Which Star Are You From."

Brian Joo(FTTS)

Andy Lee

Eric Mun

Micky Yoochun (DBSK)

Dennis O'Neil (spoke in english during "Sweet Spy")

Kibum (Super Junior), sound alright

Eugene

Shoo

Kim Junghoon (sound alright in "Goong")

Tablo (epik high)

Tim (lived in the states)

Sung Shi Kyung (sang a christmas carol in english @ Xman really well)

Bi/Rain

taebin, (from california)

this is all i could think of...

:)B):D

Guest misslaine

Oh Ji Ho speaks and writes in English. When he came to Hawaii last month we told him we loved watching his movies. He said in English, "Which One?". I asked him if he would sign an autograph for me and he asked me, "What's your name? Spell it for me." He is such a nice man. He was very gracious and humble.

Guest Licky27

Finally someone mentioned KangTa. I was going to say him XD But since vondunker said it already.

Brian and Tim do speak English fluently. Brian's english is just <33 yummy LOL XD

I don't know any other celeb who speaks English fluently..

Fern~

Guest nikkainah

i don't know if his name was already mentioned... LEE HYUN WOO :) -i heard him speak English in Attic Cat and he was good...can anyone confirm if he can really speak English, not just memorized from the script? :unsure:

Guest sundubu <3

Oh Ji Ho speaks and writes in English. When he came to Hawaii last month we told him we loved watching his movies. He said in English, "Which One?". I asked him if he would sign an autograph for me and he asked me, "What's your name? Spell it for me." He is such a nice man. He was very gracious and humble.

really? in super rookie his english was pretty bad even though his character was supposed to have studied in america, if i remember correctly.

i don't know if his name was already mentioned... LEE HYUN WOO -i heard him speak English in Attic Cat and he was good...can anyone confirm if he can really speak English, not just memorized from the script?

yeah i heard him also spoke well in Wedding series. i think he lived overseas before? anyone

i don't know if his name was already mentioned... LEE HYUN WOO :) -i heard him speak English in Attic Cat and he was good...can anyone confirm if he can really speak English, not just memorized from the script? :unsure:

yeah i heard him also spoke well in Wedding series. i think he lived overseas before? anyone

Hope someone who's more familiar with LHW could clarify this. Info stated at his profile at www.koreanwiz.org

School: KyungWon University; according to a fellow addict, Lee Hyun Woo attended high school in Wheaton, Maryland.

Source: http://www.koreanwiz.org/at/actors77.html

Guest chalalachance13

of course it's kim eugene who can speak english fluently becuz she lived at guam when she was only a child...

Really! She's from Guam? I'm from Guam too. Wow, what a small world. I wonder what part of Guam she's from.

as for the singers

se7en speaks really good english.. pretty good pronounciation too

well considering he has a lot of am dancers right?

of course sohn ho young (god) speaks good english as well w/ joon oppa

i bet danny can understand english well but jst cant speak it as good as his brothers... im wondeirng abt taewoo tho, he seems to me that he can speak/understand it quite well

taebin of course..

tablo

tim

boa

brian

eric

andy

sung shi kyung

micky understands it well i bet (its jst his pronounciation i find hard to understand)

a lot from YG family...

Guest Junanni

^^ yeah a lot of the yg family members can speak it, don't forget teddy from 1TYM ;D so hot haha

Guest chubzzy

the lead singer from epik high.

jung ryeo won - she studied in Australia before, and her english was WOW in MNIKSS

lee da hae - not bad... heard her speak in... 'my girl' i think

kim tae hee - in Love story in harvard, she spoke quite well as well, though with an accent

kim sun ah - heard her in my name is kim sam soon, she's good too

eugene - she did well in wonderful life!

kim jae won - also in wonderful life, i think he's alright with english too

i think there are some others... but i can't remember all

surprisingly not alot of male stars.

Guest Babigrl

han chae yeon i think speaks a little english with less of a heavy accent unlike most of the korean stars nowadays

Archived