korean stars who speak english

Guest rockstaridol

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rockstaridol

thanks to all who answer.. actually this thread help us to check or update our info all these artists

yeah thanks to everyone who answered in this thread I answered! How sad my faves couldn't speak enligh I think ahhaha. I couldn't flirt with them when I see them, I guess I ahve to resort to body language ahha

Guest Elee

im sorry..im such a n00b:D i know u posted Daniel Henney, hes the only one i know! haha=P i think kwan sang woo knows a little...or alot? im not sure, because in stairway to heaven, he talked a little bit of english and stuff! and i know this kinda isnt an actor, but Brian from the group "fly to the sky" speaks english too...HES ONE HOT GUY!

Guest karkaren88

I've watched some clips...

Kim rae won spoke simple english in meeting foreign fans, in Taiwan, in Japan... not bad... ^ _ ^

Guest yg4lyfe

Daniel Henney also mentioned in an article tht she can speak English well , i guess she can converse in it understandably .

oh ya no one's mentioned tis yet but i'm pretty sure Kim SunAh can speak English !! ~ :)

Yeon JungHoon speaks it well also , think he studied in Usa before + wat abt Lee YoungAe , i think she can too .

Oh how come i never heard her speak english?

i mean Sun Ah? shes went to uni in US ryte? fo piano???

well i hope she can!! <33 she so pretty!! and hilarious!! xD

Hmm Lee Young Ae? lol i saw Symphathy ... and her english was bad! maybe itz the scipt but i unno!!

well Jung Ryu Won, Teddy and Taebin of 1TYM are freakin good <33

Oh how come i never heard her speak english?

i mean Sun Ah? shes went to uni in US ryte? fo piano???

well i hope she can!! <33 she so pretty!! and hilarious!! xD

Hmm Lee Young Ae? lol i saw Symphathy ... and her english was bad! maybe itz the scipt but i unno!!

u mean SunAh , yea i heard too tht she went to uni in US for piano .

i think she can , she did help Daniel wif Korean instructions while they were doing MNIKSS together isn't it .

ohh i always thought LYA can speak it , she looks like it hehe . but maybe i'm wrong ~ :P

Guest yg4lyfe

brian (FTTS)

micky (TVXQ)

jung ryu won

jinusean

as one

lexy (?)

tony ahn

andy (shinhwa)

eric (shinhwa)

tim

T (yoon mirae)

han yae seul

boa

shyne

sung si kyung

jun (from GOD)

yoo seung jun

J

taebin (1TYM)

etc =)

not all of them are fluent though

Lexy got this strong accent ...but shes good wen it comes to rap!! well some lines!!

but i stil admire her tho <33

and T/Tasha ...of cuz ...cuz she was born in the states!

hmm BoA got strong accent too! >.< in the MTV asia award 04!

Sean can speak english but he sounds weird ...lyk a FOB! Jinu is good!! ^^

u mean SunAh , yea i heard too tht she went to uni in US for piano .

i think she can , she did help Daniel wif Korean instructions while they were doing MNIKSS together isn't it .

ohh i always thought LYA can speak it , she looks like it hehe . but maybe i'm wrong ~ :P

well i think itz her job u know ..to speak broken english!!

im not sure! =D

hey do u got any clips of KTH speakin english?

i never heard her b4! cuz i dont watch LSIH! =|

Guest spygurl72

rain

i heard him speak english in an interview. CNN i guess.

no his english is freakin bad

i beg u never see him on the english lesson (a clip i saw somewhere)class :wacko:

Guest andrewujin

yea, i'm suprised that KIm Min's english was so good, she even had english accent to her english.. she was like helping them translate to the staff in LSIH<,

has she stayed overseas or studied overseas or something?

Guest Saragorn

OK, Rain and Kim Rae Won do not speak English well. Bi is learning, so it's OK, but for now, he doesn't know English. Kim Rae Won... has anyone seen Love Story in Harvard? :D

Guest kangtagreen27

you watch Star Golden Bell during their English Lesson...then you'll know who knows english.

here's to add onto the list..altho..they're more on the gasoo side:

and i'm not gonna list the ones who are originally from the states..

KangTa

Tony An

Lee JaeWon (a little bit)

LeeSeungGi

Se7en

ChoiShiWon (ehh..decent)

Kim Ki Bum

Jay Kim (the TRAX)

Eru

Tae Jin Ah

.....can't seem to remember any others...

well i think itz her job u know ..to speak broken english!!

im not sure! =D

hey do u got any clips of KTH speakin english?

i never heard her b4! cuz i dont watch LSIH! =|

Lee YoungAe also spoke some English in Joint Security Area , think she had to haf like a European accent there but i like how she spoke it .

can't remember whether i haf the clips of Kim TaeHee speak in English ,

i guess only from the drama .

yea, i'm suprised that KIm Min's english was so good, she even had english accent to her english.. she was like helping them translate to the staff in LSIH<,

has she stayed overseas or studied overseas or something?

she immigrated to USA in her younger yrs & so was brought up there & studied there .

Guest pinkymao

the female lead from 'which star r u from'..i think her name is Zheng Li Yuan...her english is darn good, maybe becos she lived overseas before..but i like the way she speaks english..

Guest StylishAzNx07

Han GaIn's husband is Yeon JungHoon . n yea he studied in US for a few yrs i think .

as for Jung RyeoWon , i believe she was born in Australia ? saw pics of her in her Aust high sch uniform b4 & her whole family lives there i think .

Brian , i also think he's born in US .

another Korean star who can speak English also is female singer , Lena Park ~ B)

didn't she immigrate to australia in middle school or high school? i don't think she was born there ... im pretty sure she went to school there for awhile... cuz i don't think her english is PERFECT ... if she was born there her english would b flawless just with an australian accent.

Guest MRS.le

Lee Young Ae's English was awful in JSA and still not so good in SfLV (even her "NO" sounded weird and accented!)

Yea, Kim Min's English was flawless in LSIH. Kim Tae Hee's English was like that of a foreign students. The two male leads in LSIH had terrible English (Kim Rae Won and Lee Jun Jin). I cringed and couldn't understand much whenever they spoke out in class.

Song Hye Kyo's English in All - In is about the same level as Kim Tae Hee's english in LSIH. They speak slow with accented but somewhat understandable. I have no idea how well these two can communicate in English in real life.

Lee Byung Hun speaks almost flawless English in All-In (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zp6JJzgSc_8&search=All%20In%2015)

... and he can definitely communicate with pretty decent English (American accent) in interviews and fan meet.

Saw Bi's clips on You Tube and his English sounds ok, although he tends to swallow up some words and speaks in choppy sentences with HipHop accent.

the female lead from 'which star r u from'..i think her name is Zheng Li Yuan...her english is darn good, maybe becos she lived overseas before..but i like the way she speaks english..

her name in Korean is Jung RyeoWon . ~ ;)

didn't she immigrate to australia in middle school or high school? i don't think she was born there ... im pretty sure she went to school there for awhile... cuz i don't think her english is PERFECT ... if she was born there her english would b flawless just with an australian accent.

i'm not very sure also , but yea she studied there & lived there , maybe she immigrated there like u said .

Guest rockstaridol

hmm if you studied in Australia or in the US then obviously they speak english or else how else will they survive lol

then I guess the Kim sam soon stars like jung ryeowon and kim sun ah speaks english as well as lee da hae....

yeah lee young ae majored in german literature or something... so maybe she speaks german. her english in the berlin film fest was weird.

Archived