Jang Dong Gun 장동건

Admin

Guest inezjang

there are just too many news (good and bad) that i dont know which one to trust anymore.

all in all, i sincerely wish for their happiness forever after. i think they deserve as much. as for us, Jangers, we will always be there for him, for better, for worse.

ruff, marchy, inez, mona, *group hug* i know how you feel cos im feeling the same way...

let's just wait for the good news..

we're anticipating his wedding invitations!! (clutches heart..*)

*Hugz Hannah back*

Guest ellabel

inez chingu! long time no hear.... ;)

i guess there's going to be an official Mrs. Jang soon. *ouch*

i'm sure there are a lot of yojah clutching their hearts just like u and me.

First is our KSW and now JDG, Good thing my HUNnie is not following soon. "I wish!" :rolleyes:

Otherwise, i'm going to have a heart attack already. :(

Mona dear....seriously it's getting worse for you?? :huh: ....i'm starting to feel better a bit. It's inevitable anyway. Let's just be happy for him. My heart right now is like this....

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/4826/heartbroken6.gif

yes, that is my broken heart too!

Hugs to all Janggers..

Ah, Ella Lee, you and me shared same 3 adorable namjas, you still have not yet stopped hoping on Mr Lee since he hasn't announced yet!

aish! my dear, since experienced the shocking ways by our Sangwoo and Janggie, there is nothing unprecedable! :rolleyes:

oh nho! really, whew! why only now for the love revelation!.... are they planning to announce a wedding?... this is so heart breaking.... huhuhuhu...

Im on of the girls out there who is sad to hear about her gf, but thats life....I hope his happy and hoping that the girl will cherish our oppa!... he is so freakin HOTTIE!,.....

Guest inezjang

inez chingu! long time no hear.... ;)

i guess there's going to be an official Mrs. Jang soon. *ouch*

i'm sure there are a lot of yojah clutching their hearts just like u and me.

First is our KSW and now JDG, Good thing my HUNnie is not following soon. "I wish!" :rolleyes:

Otherwise, i'm going to have a heart attack already. :(

hey Ell babe!

Nothing shocks us anymore..we're all shock-proof here.. :P

Sudden marriages are the 'in thing' now..(but at least his pal Binnie announced his official date first...) :D so if Hunnie says he's so lonely he could die but mushy n all..we know it's time.... ;)

Guest ellabel

yes, that is my broken heart too!

Hugs to all Janggers..

Ah, Ella Lee, you and me shared same 3 adorable namjas, you still have not yet stopped hoping on Mr Lee since he hasn't announced yet!

aish! my dear, since experienced the shocking ways by our Sangwoo and Janggie, there is nothing unprecedable! :rolleyes:

Let me join the group hugz of all Jangers. *hugz*

As they say, there is strength in numbers and misery loves company. :P:lol:

Seriously, I'm happy that he found the love of his life already. I think it's about time.

He is not getting younger and it really gets lonely at the top.

So, i'm glad that there's a someone special who shares his joy and accompanies him when he is depress or sad.

I really dont know KSY tho i've seen their movie together a long time ago so i cant really say much except she's pretty and reading from some news, that she's also loaded. Wow! She owns a building worth 10 Bn won! :w00t:

At least, she seems different from the other one.... u know... the b**ch our other beloved namja married. <_<

Let me join the group hugz of all Jangers. *hugz*

I really dont know KSY tho i've seen their movie together a long time ago so i cant really say much except she's pretty and reading from some news, that she's also loaded. Wow! She owns a building worth 10 Bn won! :w00t:

At least, she seems different from the other one.... u know... the b**ch our other beloved namja married. <_<

but she shared same name ^^ hahah, its YOUNG

watch out and investigate dear, it may hav been another YOUNG named woman who stole our Mr Lee!

lets count, whos else named Young now apart fr these two ladies, and of course, minus the woman-wanna-be-teen HCY his co-star in the President! :lol:

hey Ell babe!

Nothing shocks us anymore..we're all shock-proof here.. :P

Sudden marriages are the 'in thing' now..(but at least his pal Binnie announced his official date first...) :D so if Hunnie says he's so lonely he could die but mushy n all..we know it's time.... ;)

plus the fact that he quit smoking all of sudden ^^ :lol:

Guest AllforCJW

I just read the news...woah..(*I know I am late**). I am happy that he found love but hik*hik* one more HOT namja has been taken away from me. ;) . This news caused me to think about my other oppa who recently claimed similar things.."feeling lonely, needing wife, blah.blah..blah". I am wondering if he too is seeing someone and ready to announce the wedding soon..NOOO....Losing one hot namja at a time please! :rolleyes:

Source : seoulbeats

http://seoulbeats.com/2009/11/it-aint-offi...me-ish-jewelry/

It ain't official without same-ish jewelry

Ahh, KPop’s infamous meddlesome busybodies have done it again and have unearthed some pictures of Korea’s current “It” couple wearing similar pieces of some bodily hardware, thus apparently cementing their status as a romantic duo.

jangdonggun-kosoyoung_20091109_seoulbeats.jpg

I guess it wasn’t enough that both parties have already come out and officially confirmed the relationship and the frenzied onslaught of media attention on the two lovebirds; netizens just HAD to find some kind of subtle pictorial proofs. Ko So Young was seen wearing the wooden Buddhist prayer beads in May, while she was in the U.S., and Jang Dong Gun wore something akin to it during a recent interview with Korea’s “Money Today News.”

I’m surprised those prayer beads weren’t made out of pieces cut from the Hope Diamond considering the wealth these two have amassed over the years. Everyone’s especially salivating over their possible impending marriage because of these massive amounts of moolah. He is not only a highly paid actor but is also a shareholder of his management company, AM Entertainment. And Ko So Young is one of the most sought after advertising models and owns a considerable amount of expensive real estate.

kosoyoungs-building_20091109_seoulbeats.jpg

Both are rich & beautiful. The word jealousy doesn’t even BEGIN to cover what I’m feeling right now…

Guest inezjang

hi AllforCJW..i think one by one will make sudden announcements..we're all prepared anyway.. :D

I'd still fight to get the Four Of A Kind showdown..one taken three more to go..(i missed out WonBin when he was here last week..darn!).

Guest blue317

I’m one of the silent fans of JDG, my day is not complete without surfing any update about him. He’s always first in my daily activities I devoted most of my time reading all the articles written about him and sharing news about him with my friends from different parts of the world which really gave me fulfillment.

The news about Him having a girlfriend for 2 years really gave a me shock. I didn’t post any comment at first because I waited until the day that I can accept the reality. I included him in my prayers that one day He finds the right girl. I’m happy whoever he chooses to spent the rest of his life. But upon reading the news the statement that he mentioned during His interview rushed back into my mind His sleepless night and He couldn’t sleep without drinking an alcoholic drink this words makes me down and I felt sorry for Him thinking the hardship of being alone w/c hurt me most and make my heart broke into pieces you cant blame me for thinking that He tricked me /cheated me, the first question that comes to my mind was why did He a told lie, for one of the best trait that admire was his honesty I can accept whatever decision he makes and rest assured a100% support for we love him and only wish what is best for Him.

As days fast by I realized whoever it maybe will do the same to protect His private life and He really love’s KSY, because he gave up smoking since it is one of his vices that its hard for Him to gave up.

From this time on I only wish them happiness and to have a fruit full life and have a healthy children. And I’m looking forward for their press conference and hear about their future plans.

Jang Dong-gun IQ reported at 143 during school years

2009111017043172510_1.jpg

Top Hallyu star Jang Dong-gun's IQ was reportedly143 during his school years, according to a press release by a cable channel.

MBC every1 said in the statement on Tuesday that its documentary program "Star: The Secret" will report on the actor's childhood life during his elementary, middle and high school years.

The actor reportedly had an IQ of 143 despite failing the college entrance exam three times. Sources closes to the star have said that he was smart enough to go to [Korea's top colleges] Yonsei or Korea University, but had to take the college exam three times because he was suffering from a lung disease at the time.

Former school teachers and classmates described the actor as "a little gentleman" who was often voted class president and served on the student council.

The show will also feature pictures from his school days, an anecdote about his group blind date in college and his old childhood home.

Jang, one of Korea's top actors who starred in box office hits including "Friend and "Taegukgi", made headlines last week after admitting to his two-year romantic relationship with Korean actress Ko So-young. The two stars have long sparked dating rumors since they appeared together in 1999 film "Love Wind, Love Song" but it was not until last week that they officially announced their status as a couple.

The episode of "Star" featuring Jang will be aired at midnight on Thursday.

Reporter : Lynn Kim lynn2878@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?sec=e...111017043172510

Source : allkpop

http://www.allkpop.com/index.php/full_stor...e_smart_cookie/

Jang Dong Gun is one smart cookie

20091020_jangdongguncosmo_572.jpg

Jang Dong Gun, one of Korea's top actors is also one of the smartest. An upcoming episode of the popular documentary show Star: The Secret will feature Jang Dong Gun. On the show there will be a segment revealing that Jang Dong Gun was tested to have an IQ of 143. If you have an IQ of 130 or higher that would put you in an elite level of the top 2.2% of the world, and at 143 you're considered a genius.

However, despite his supposed genius, Jang Dong Gun failed college entrance exams to some of Korea's top universities a total of three times. The excuse given for the failure was that he couldn't concentrate on his studies because he was suffering from a lung disease at the time.

In a nation of high IQ's, Jang Dong Gun's high score isn't that surprising... but if his failure of the college exams lead him to turn to acting, it worked out for the best for him in the end. This episode is scheduled to air on MBC on November 12th.

Guest ruffluv

^ thanx for the news, Will...

but seriously, i think it doesn't matter anymore what IQ he has. The guy is a billionaire with money enough to last him for 200 years more if he live that long. I'm saying this because i'm tired of the non-stop Korean media attention giving to him eversince the dating news broke out last week. They are digging every single personal thing about him to put in their news. I pity him! i mean, now i understand why he guarded/ hide his relationship so carefully....the media just would never leave a Jang Dong Gun alone! Please, give the man some space! But thank God that Koreans and their media really love him, all the trivials/reports are positive and nothing but praising him. But still, as a fan, i feel that they shouldn't be too greedy to know too much about his personal life. He's only a human like you and me. If we don't like people to pry into our personal lives, i'm sure he feels the same way.

November 12, 2009

Korea’s most eligible bachelor finds love

Jang and Ko are just two of many Korean actors coming out of the closet with their relationships.

12013815.jpg

Actors Jang Dong-gun and Ko So-young recently announced that they are a couple, which instantly earned them a nickname that is the Korean equivalent of “Brangelina.” [JoongAng Ilbo]

The Korean entertainment industry is bigger than ever. Increasing numbers of Korean singers and actors are gaining popularity across Asia, riding the hallyu, or Korean wave, abroad and bringing the Korean entertainment world closer to its goal of becoming the Hollywood of Asia.

In particular, actors are becoming more like their Hollywood counterparts, with more star couples coming out of the closet with their relationships, which was once uncommon.

The relationship of Hyun Bin and Song Hye-kyo, two hallyu stars who went public as an item in August, was the most talked-about example of this trend - until last week.

Two high-profile Korean actors, Jang Dong-gun and Ko So-young, surprised the industry last Thursday when they went public with their relationship of about two years.

12013906.jpg

The public’s reaction was immediate and the two were instantly given a nickname that is the Korean equivalent of “Brangelina,” the moniker often used to refer to Hollywood super-couple Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.

Jang is a leading hallyu star who gained recognition and a solid fan base with leading roles in films such as “Friend” and “Taegukgi: Brotherhood of War.” The handsome 37 year old has long been considered one of the nation’s most eligible bachelors, a label that was underscored with his role in the recent “Good Morning President.” In the film, he plays a young, and single, fictional Korean president.

Ko, who has kept a relatively low profile, was one of the most popular Korean actresses in the late 1990s and is known as the reigning beauty of the moment. Her last project was the SBS-TV drama “Blue Fish” in 2007.

Jang and Ko have a lot in common - they are both 37 years of age and both had their debut in 1992. The two are also among the few Korean actors who have maintained strong careers as commercial spokespeople. In addition, both actors have large fan bases, despite their infrequent appearances in the media.

Media reports saying that Jang and Ko have been dating and are getting married in December caused a stir when they started circulating on the Internet early last Thursday afternoon. At first, the news looked to be just another round of rumors about two top stars. But things changed when Jang’s management agency AM Entertainment issued a press release shortly thereafter saying that the two are dating.

“Jang and Ko co-starred in the 1999 film ‘Love Wind, Love Song’ and they have been good friends ever since, but their friendship recently developed into romance,” the release said. “But there is no detailed plan yet for their wedding,” it added.

Later that day, Jang confirmed the report in a posting on his fan site.

“The news reports must have surprised you .?.?. as you all know, So-young and I have been friends for a long time and we’ve become very close. We’ve been a pillar of strength for each other since I don’t know when,” Jang wrote. “I want this relationship to last and will let you know when I have good news for you.”

The statement sparked rumors that the two will marry. Not only have the couple revealed their relationship instead of hiding it, which is a near-certain sign of marriage in Korean society, they are also at an age where marriage is considered long overdue.

After news about the couple broke, fans focused on Jang’s appearance last December on the now-defunct “Sunday Night with Park Joong-hoon” show hosted by Jang’s close friend and actor Park Joong-hoon. In the rare TV appearance, Jang talked about his ideal mate, saying she would be a dark-skinned woman with long hair, slightly creased eyelids, a small but sharp nose and V-shaped face - qualities that all correspond to Ko, who was already dating Jang at the time.

Jang also said on the show that he felt a stronger inclination to get married than before, which is fueling predictions that a marriage between the two may not be far into the future.

By Park Sun-young [spark0320@joongang.co.kr]

Credit : JoongAng Daily

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2912422

Film Review

"Good Morning President" PIFF's Opening Film

By Lee Komeda

Staff Writer

9053-20091112222250.jpg

"Good Morning President," the most recent film by writer and director Jang Jin (Guns and Talks, Righteous Ties) may have been a safe choice as the opening film for the Pusan International Film Festival (PIFF) held last month: humorous and unthreatening. Tickets to the screening of the film at the largest international film festival in Asia were sold out within two minutes of their availability, possibly aided by the hallyu (Korean wave) powers of Jang Dong Gun.

The film skips stones across the domestic and foreign politics of Korea, without fully taking a plunge into the murky waters of ties between the two Koreas or the ethical dilemmas that politicians face during their tenure. Instead, we are left with a few great comedic moments in the movie that leave you feeling like you just witnessed a hybrid between Love Actually and a Korean sitcom.

The movie is vaguely divided into vignettes of three fictional Presidents. The first of these anecdotes is of President Kim Jong-ho, played by Lee Soon-jae, who unexpectedly wins a nation wide lottery in the final year of his five year term. As he sketches out how he will allocate his prize money between travel, bullet-proof car and his daughter, he realizes a promise, made hastily during a press conference, to give all the money to the taxpayers if he ever won the lottery. Throughout the section, his fantasies and desires of an indulgent retirement deters the president from jumping into keeping his public promise.

The second president is Cha Ji-uk, played by Jang Dong Gun, a young president whose looks and charisma earns him the moniker of “Korea’s JFK.” He faces a myriad of problems including increasing tensions with Japan, the US and North Korea, and an ethical conundrum in which a young man publicly begs the President for a kidney to save his father who has a ‘rare tissue type.’ Despite the future of Korea resting in President Cha’s hands, the problem the vignette focuses on is the future of his unfulfilled love with a childhood friend, played stoically by Han Chae Young.

Ko Doo-sim plays Han Gyeong-ja, Korea’s first female president. Her character is perhaps the least likeable of the three presidents and her lack of emotion and personality upholds the unfortunate “Iron Lady” image of female politicians. The real star of this vignette is her clumsy and lovable fool husband, played by Im Ha-ryong, whose shenanigans cause a political scandal and forces the couple into the brink of divorce.

The first vignette is the strongest – it’s not overly complex and it’s finite and clean. The effusive talents of Lee Soon-jae give life and promise to the movie. However, the last two stories seem to bite off more than they can chew. We’re presented with characters that have multiple facets to their presidency. However, their stories have an unsatisfying and clichéd resolution. The overly trite end to the last vignette is straight from a certain Richard Gere and Jennifer Lopez movie.

But the intention of the film is crystal clear – to boost Korean confidence and empathy towards the President and the country itself. Not only are decisions that presidents make in the film morally upright, but they are also blissfully ordinary. They are often found engaging in very common, pedestrian activities: President Cha is found slurping instant noodles in the middle of the night and President Han, the female President, is found gutting dried anchovies. The diplomatic ties depicted in the film is a mirror, perhaps not where Korea is, but of where Korea would like to see itself in international politics: the resistor to the American hegemony, the calm babysitter to North Korea and the level headed intellectual to Japan’s hot temper.

The glossy cinematography of the movie is neither astonishing nor distracting. The use of close ups, slow motion scenes and thought bubbles are not necessarily innovative but gives the comfort of a TV show, a quick and easy thrill. Rapid cuts and montage scenes also liven up the pace of the movie.

The key to enjoy this film to the maximum is to not question but to accept some of the unsatisfying plot lines and flawed politics. For example, there is no explanation as to why Jang Dong Gun’s character has a young son and his single fatherhood hardly takes a role in the story. Similarly, there are no real details about why the female President is planning to move the capital from Seoul to the countryside. However, these flaws are best ignored and left to settle. Approach the movie as you would approach a Korean drama while ensconced in your living room and you’ll appreciate the movie for what it is.

Credit : The Seoul Times

http://www.theseoultimes.com/ST/index.html

Guest ruffluv

^ thanx for the GMP review, Will... :). So far i've read mixed reviews on this movie.

now, this house is so quiet this week. Where are all Jangers? Still mending broken hearts? C'mmon girls, let bygones be bygones...let's just continue to support him the way we used to... :). Now, here's a good news, thanx to kdramafanusa... ;). DG has been nominated for best actor in the upcoming 30th Blue Dragon Award!!! ;).

from the 30th Blue Dragon Award thread @ Soompi, thanx to kdramafanusa... ;)

Nominee List

Best Film [최우수작품상]

Take Off [국가대표]

Good Morning President [굿모닝 프레지던트]

Mother [마더]

Thirst [박쥐]

Haeundae [해운대]

Best Director [감독상]

Kim Yong-Hwa [김용화] (Take Off [국가대표])

Park Chan-Wook [박찬욱] (Thirst [박쥐])

Bong Joon-Ho [봉준호] (Mother [마더])

Yoon Je-Gyun [윤제균] (Haeundae [해운대])

Jang Jin [장진] (Good Morning President [굿모닝프레지던트])

Best Leading Actor [남우주연상]

Kim Myung-Min [김명민] (Closer To Heaven [내사랑 내곁에])

Kim Yoon-Seok [김윤석] (Running Turtle [거북이 달린다])

Song Kang-Ho [송강호] (Thirst [박쥐])

Jang Dong-Gun [장동건] (Good Morning President [굿모닝프레지던트]) :wub::wub:

Ha Jung-Woo [하정우] (Take Off [국가대표])

honestly, i think it's hard for DG to win, seeing how the movie is a comedy and comedic role doesn't usually results in winning awards. Song Kang Ho is there, and Kim Myung Min too, who sacrifice so much for his role. But i'm happy enough that oppa's being nominated! Let's hope miracle can happen... :). It's exactly 5 years after he won the same award for Taegukgi.....i remember i was dancing like mad when he won 5 years ago.... :rolleyes:

oh, there's another thing. Rumors has it that Takuya Kimura will be joining DG in Kang Jae Gyu's D-Day...cool... ;)

^ thanx for the GMP review, Will... :). So far i've read mixed reviews on this movie.

now, this house is so quiet this week. Where are all Jangers? Still mending broken hearts? C'mmon girls, let bygones be bygones...let's just continue to support him the way we used to... :). Now, here's a good news, thanx to kdramafanusa... ;). DG has been nominated for best actor in the upcoming 30th Blue Dragon Award!!! ;).

from the 30th Blue Dragon Award thread @ Soompi, thanx to kdramafanusa... ;)

Nominee List

Best Film [최우수작품상]

Take Off [국가대표]

Good Morning President [굿모닝 프레지던트]

Mother [마더]

Thirst [박쥐]

Haeundae [해운대]

Best Leading Actor [남우주연상]

Kim Myung-Min [김명민] (Closer To Heaven [내사랑 내곁에])

Kim Yoon-Seok [김윤석] (Running Turtle [거북이 달린다])

Song Kang-Ho [송강호] (Thirst [박쥐])

Jang Dong-Gun [장동건] (Good Morning President [굿모닝프레지던트]) :wub::wub:

Ha Jung-Woo [하정우] (Take Off [국가대표])

honestly, i think it's hard for DG to win, seeing how the movie is a comedy and comedic role doesn't usually results in winning awards. Song Kang Ho is there, and Kim Myung Min too, who sacrifice so much for his role. But i'm happy enough that oppa's being nominated! Let's hope miracle can happen... :). It's exactly 5 years after he won the same award for Taegukgi.....i remember i was dancing like mad when he won 5 years ago.... :rolleyes:

oh, there's another thing. Rumors has it that Takuya Kimura will be joining DG in Kang Jae Gyu's D-Day...cool... ;)

Hi ruffluv, here's an article related to Blue Dragon Award............. :P:lol:

S. Korean film contest announces lineup

SEOUL, Nov. 13 (Yonhap) -- Organizers of South Korea's annual Blue Dragon (Cheongryong) Film Awards announced 22 candidates Friday including the Cannes-winning "Thirst" and box-office smash "Haeundae."

(skipped.....)

This year, box office hits "Haeundae" and "Take Off," Cannes-invited "Thirst" and "Mother," and Pusan Film Festival opener "Good Morning, President" will be competing for the best film.

Female director Lim Soon-rye's "Forever the Moment" was selected Blue Dragon's best film last year while Kim Ji-woon of "The Good, the Bad, and the Weird" was named best director.

hayney@yna.co.kr

Credit : Yonhap News

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturespo...003000315F.HTML

FOUR OF A KIND updates!! ^_^

a short video clip of the 4 Hallyu Stars taking promotional pictures for the event next month B)B)

(everyone looked spectacular!!! special thanks to k19761005 for uploading :blush: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAvq5SedRog...player_embedded

http://news.pia.jp

2009年11月13日17時55分

four171209_pia1113.jpg

*rough translation

Korea's four big stars, align the face at last! Miracles happen in Tokyo Dome

Top Korean stars, Lee Byung Hun, Jang Dong Gun, Song Seung Hun, Won Bin 4 Tokyo Dome event to justify a person's face "Hallyu Four of a Kind ~ FOUR OF A KIND ~" The photo shoot on November 13th, Seoul made in the studio in the city. And can meet at the completion of the film festival is a showcase and four people meet for the first time only in Korea.

Drama starring Lee Byung Hun five years "Iris" ratings hit more than 30% in Korea, and Jang Dong Gun movie "Good Morning President" flying around in the promotion of Korea, the Korean version of "A Better Tomorrow" Song Seung-hun engaged in preparations to determine the hero of the day, Won Bin is back after being discharged the first film "Mother" to prove a big hit, and preparation of a new movie called, both very popular and busy actor.

Four finally was able to adjust one's way to busy schedule and 13th night. This unprecedented event for their own well, "the pounding" (Jang Dong Gun), "the excitement" (Lee Byung Hun), "Please wait a while" (Song Seung-heon), "think it will be a good time" (Won Bin) seems to be a mixture of expectation and not the weak, respectively.

One of the attractions of the event, the newly written by Yasushi Akimoto leading movie. 『Christmas in August, with Snow in April』 video directed by Hur Jin Ho's that four people do a dramatic reading, and regular meetings are likely to fan a special direction vary. "I cannot view the contest only once in four people are also looking forward to me," the comment and Akimoto. Event, December 17 (Thursday) afternoon and evening performances will be held at the Tokyo Dome 2. Tickets, November 15 (Sunday) to start accepting reservations from the preceding November 28 (Saturday) will be available more generally

*TSH