Jang Dong Gun 장동건

Admin

Hi inez, ruffie, willenette, 2uss, mona, felicia and other DG fans, thank you so much for sharing all the latest news and pics of Dong Gun with us. Really appreciate it! IMO, DG looks the best in the Hallyu Kings promo shot (*although i prefer casualwear than suit though ;)* ) BTW, DG looks very cute, fresh, 'young' and energetic in the Giordano behind the scene photos - extremely want to hug him :blush: . Thanks ruffie for sharing, love them!

Unfortunately, Dong Gun and the movie 'Good Morning President' did not win anything at the Blue Dragon Awards... It was a bit disappointed not able to see DG at the Awards...

Can't wait for more news of the Hallyu Kings Events...

Hi inez, ruffie, willenette, 2uss, mona, felicia and other DG fans, thank you so much for sharing all the latest news and pics of Dong Gun with us. Really appreciate it! IMO, DG looks the best in the Hallyu Kings promo shot (*although i prefer casualwear than suit though ;)* ) BTW, DG looks very cute, fresh, 'young' and energetic in the Giordano behind the scend photos - extremely want to hug him :blush: . Thanks ruffie for sharing, love them!

Unfortunately, Dong Gun and the movie 'Good Morning President' did not win anything at the Blue Dragon Awards... It was a bit disappointed not able to see DG at the Awards...

Can't wait for more news of the Hallyu Kings Events...

Hi ccbabe, I agree with you - I also dig casuals than suits. But JDG looks dashingly-handsome in formal wear. Wondering why he didn't attend the event, huh? Looking forward to the Hallyu Kings event soon. Here's another article about this - :P:lol:

December 3, 2009

Four for one, one for all

200912314262284703.jpg

From left: Jang Dong-gun; Song Seung-heon; Lee Byung-hun; and Won Bin

Japanese fans of the Korean Wave are about to get a special gift.

Four stars who were at the vanguard of the wave - Lee Byung-hun, 39; Jang Dong-gun, 37; Song Seung-heon, 33, and Won Bin, 32 - have teamed up for a live show dubbed "Four of a Kind," set to run at the Tokyo Dome on Dec. 17.

This Hallyu, or Korean wave event, unprecedented in its scale, was reportedly conceived independently by the four superstars, who are close friends and often meet privately.

The highlight of the event will come when all four actors perform together. The well-known Japanese producer and lyricist Yasushi Akimoto will produce the show, and Hur Jinho, the Korean film director known for the 1998 movie Christmas in August who recently directed Season of Good Rain starring Jung Woo-sung and Chinese actress Gao Yuanyuan, will make a short feature to be used at the performance.

The Tokyo Dome event will also provide a venue for the fans to hear from each of the stars about their lives at the moment and their future plans.

"It's been a long time since I'd met fans at a live show like this. I'm looking forward to seeing what it will be like," Jang was quoted as saying by Yonhap News Agency.

Lee concurred, adding, "It will be a very special event. See you all soon."

Lee won widespread popularity in Asia with his roles in the 2001 TV drama Beautiful Days and the 2003 hit TV series All In, and he recently made his Hollywood debut in the action film G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, released this year.

Jang earned recognition for his performances in the films Friend (2001) and Taegukgi: Brotherhood of War (2004) and recently made headlines by announcing a relationship of two years with Ko So-young, one of the most popular Korean actresses of the late 1990s.

It was Song's role in the 2000 hit drama Autumn in My Heart, in which he played opposite the prominent Korean actress Song Hye-kyo, that first won him notice.

And last but not least, the youngest in the group, Won Bin, who appeared in Autumn in My Heart as a new face then rose to fame with his role in Taegukgi, was recently featured at this

year's Cannes Film Festival in the acclaimed film Mother, directed by Bong Joon-ho (The Host).

Though the details of the event are still under discussion by the four actors' management agencies due to their busy schedules, it promises to be an unforgettable evening for the stars' rabid fans.

By Park Sun-young

KOREA Magazine (Dec. 2009)

Credit : Korea.net

http://www.korea.net/News/News/newsView.as...Day=&page=1

there will be a DVD of the program from a live recording!! WEEEEE!! ^_^^_^

http://news.nate.com/view/20091206n05968

이병헌-송승헌 등 ‘한류 4대천황’ 뭉친다

일간스포츠 원문 기사전송 2009-12-06 18:15

Lee Byung-hun-Song Seung Heon etc. '4 hallyu heavenly kings' unite

Lee Byung-hun, Song Seung Heon, Won Bin, Jang Dong-gun The supersized hallyu event of the 4 hallyu heavenly kings unite and is producing a live DVD...

These organizers are making a DVD of a live stage. Director Hur Jin Ho to make the footage. Japan's largest scale hallyu event is attracting attention.

*TSH

Domestic movies see decreased audience in November: report

SEOUL, Dec. 7 (Yonhap) -- With the local box office hit by a flood of Hollywood blockbusters, the market share of South Korean movies fell by more than 20 percentage points in November from the previous month, the Korea Film Council said Monday.

While the overall number of moviegoers increased to 15 million last month, exceeding the previous record set in November 2007 with 9.8 million, the market share of domestic movies plunged to 40.6 percent from 62.6 percent in October, the council said.

The market share of local films had been steadily increasing since 2002, hitting a record high of 64.9 percent in 2006. The market share of local movies has remained in the 60 percent-range for three months since August this year.

U.S. blockbuster "2012" gathered the largest number of viewers, with some 4.3 million people watching the film in November, followed by local romantic comedy "Fortune Salon" which drew 1.19 million viewers.

Five South Korean movies including "Good Morning President" and "White Night," and five U.S. films including "Ninja Assassin" and "The Time Traveler's Wife" were among the 10 box office hits last month.

hayney@yna.co.kr

Credit : Yonhap News

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturespo...004800315F.HTML

December 7, 2009

Korean Films' Market Share Slides to 40%

The market share held by Korean films was found to have slid to the 40-percent level last month.

According to the Korean Film Council on Monday, Korean movies’ market share stood at 40-point-six percent last month compared to 62-point-six percent in October. The number of moviegoers stood at ten million 500-thousand last month, while total revenues stood at around 77 billion won.

However, the council added that a record was posted in overall ticket sales in November compared to the same month in previous years, noting that the Hollywood blockbuster “2012” had drawn more than four-point-three million viewers.

Five Korean films, including “Good Morning President” and “White Night,” were among the top ten movies in terms of ticket sales.

Credit : KBS World

http://world.kbs.co.kr/english/news/news_C...68672&id=Cu

I just remember that in recent dramas like Assorted Gems or You are Beautiful, when characters went to theater for a random movie, they all watched JDG's Good morning, President movie. How nice !!

Guest miniejungle

woah, after looking at this, i should have pushed back my Japan trip two weeks later!!! Nodame Cantabile premier on the 19th and my Oppa is there on the 17th!!! bad timing!!! :(

hello Jangers, how are you doing? :) thanks for pics and articles! he looks good as always but somehow my heart is not the same looking at him anymore... maybe i know he now has someone special, he's "owned" and no longer mine? :)

Guest ruffluv

BTW, DG looks very cute, fresh, 'young' and energetic in the Giordano behind the scend photos - extremely want to hug him :blush: . Thanks ruffie for sharing, love them!

hi ccbabe.....oh yeah, DG very cute here! Jae Suk too!!! and both of them are 37! can you believe that??? i wonder how i'll look like at that age 10 years from now....(i'll be happy if i look as good as Ko So Young is now... :P)

I just remember that in recent dramas like Assorted Gems or You are Beautiful, when characters went to theater for a random movie, they all watched JDG's Good morning, President movie. How nice !!

maybe it's a way to boost the rating. I read that a lot of dramas tend to insert DG's name in their script once in a while... :rolleyes:. As his fan, i'm honoured by that... :rolleyes:

hello Jangers, how are you doing? :) thanks for pics and articles! he looks good as always but somehow my heart is not the same looking at him anymore... maybe i know he now has someone special, he's "owned" and no longer mine? :)

lol minie sis....since when he was yours??? :lol:. but yeah,i get your point cuz i feel the same way now when looking at his pix....it's like everytime i see his face, i see his ladylove's face too. sigh....pity us looney women.... :( . but letting go is even harder, just like Macy Gray will tell you...

I try to say goodbye and I choke

I try to walk away and I stumble

Though I try to hide it it's clear

My world crumbles when you are not near

hiks hiks..... :(

girls, be prepared your fangirl hearts. From what i gathered from Korean news, DG is seriously thinking about marriage and wedding bells might be heard very soon. Enjoy our last minutes as his girls.... :D:(

will, as usual, thank for keeping this thread updated... ;)

2uss, that's a hot gorgeous wallie of the 4 hunks!!! Thanx!! ;)

have a great weekend everyone!! Eat some supplement to protect your heart cuz it will go breaking again very soon.... :D:(

have a great weekend everyone!! Eat some supplement to protect your heart cuz it will go breaking again very soon.... :D:(

Ruffie, thanks for reminding! ^^

it was going to Janggers who have never been broken!

hic, i was, since last year, when my Woo got another woman!

however, how nice, i still got into him

ans to Mr President too!

the big day will come, remember to buy Charmin or Kleenex :lol:

Thanks Will for the articles ^^

Waves to CCBabe, Hannah, Joicy, 2uss, Kimbumso..

Guest ruffluv

HERE is a 4-minute interesting clip on DG in which i think it discussed how DG has always been a polite and softspoken guy in public. It includes the latest footage from YTN Star where DG was bormbarded by the reporter at the Incheon airport on December 10 after arriving from Barcelona for the Hankook Tyre CF filming. Despite the unexpected reporter and tight control from his bodyguard, DG still manage to be very polite and kept turning to talk to the reporter and smiling all the way... :rolleyes:. He looks so young and cool with his black beanie... :rolleyes: Also some footage on behind the scene Posco filming....gahhhhh....gorgeous man on Earth!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

HERE is the gist of what he said to the reporter at the airport.

http://news.nate.com/view/20091214n04146

이병헌·장동건..日나리타 아닌 하네다로 입국

LBH JDG.. Japan Haneda non-Narita immigration

스타뉴스 원문 기사전송 2009-12-14 09:26

tn_1260750362_1367673506_0.jpg

*rough translation

Korean star JDG, WB, SSH and LBH as the unusual entry through Haneda Airport to Japan.

massive Tokyo Dome in Japan on 17th is expected to enter through Haneda Airport on 16th. Haneda Airport via their entry is evaluated as the unusual.

Usually, the top Korean stars hameul airport congestion in the city of fear rather than away from Haneda Airport to Narita International Airport had the entry. Visit Hallyu stars of the past, according to the airport to welcome the crowd and all traffic is paralyzed biteotgi situation. Earlier animation 'Winter Sonata,' Bae Yong Joon visited Japan for the event has used Narita airport .

Paenmiting official, "the last 11th received entry clearance from Haneda Airport," "did not disclose the specific reason is unusual," he said.

*TSH

it seems like the 4 stars will enter Japan through Haneda airport... maybe authorities are afraid that by them entering

through Narita Airport it will cause many people to gather at the airport unnecessarily :lol::P

Guest ruffluv

thanx for all the pix 2uss! Dong Gun looks so good even with that beanie on his head!!! :rolleyes:

more pix...

16121.jpg

16122.jpg

16123y.jpg

16124.jpg

16126.jpg

16127.jpg

source: on pix

credits: Just Jang Dong Gun Forum, Yahoo Korea

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

short vid of JDG and SSH @ gimpo airport departing for Japan

from Koari.net media uploaded by kaja842 (thank you )

*TSH

Hi 2uss, thanks for sharing here this clip. JDG looks so handsome - what love could do more to a person. SSH looks good. He's so nice that he keeps on waving to all the fans who welcomed them. WonBin looks fine, too in the pics :P:lol: - it's just that I could hardly see his face because of that scarf & his long hair. But looking so sexy with that get-up. :P:lol:

Hallyu stars depart for Japan

20091216_hallyustar_main.jpg

Hallyu stars Song Seung Hun, Jang Dong Gun and Won Bin was spotted at Kimpo Airport this afternoon as they boarded the same plane bound for Japan.

The trio together with Lee Byung Hun (who will be taking a later flight on the morning of December 17) will be present at a fan meeting called Hallyu Four of a Kind.

The fan meeting will have two sessions on December 17 at the Tokyo Dome with 70,000 expected in attendance. Tickets had been sold out as soon as they were made available, with Japanese fans highly eager to get a unique opportunity to mingle with four of the hottest actors that Korea has produced this decade at the same time.

20091216_donggun_thumb.jpg

After touching down at Haneda Airport following their short flight.

20091216_hallyustar_1.jpg

They were given a warm reception by waiting fans.

20091216_hallyustar_2.jpg

Source : allkpop

http://www.allkpop.com/index.php/full_stor...part_for_japan/