Jang Dong Gun 장동건

Admin

The Best Beginner-Friendly K-Dramas On Netflix

Beginner at K-Dramas? Don’t have a subscription to specific K-Drama streaming services? You’re covered!

Welcome to K-Dramas! Or, if you’re a K-Drama veteran, welcome back! When diving into this wonderful new world of media, it’s often hard to know where to start. Not to mention, you don’t even have Viki, KOCOWA, or any other K-Drama-specific streaming services. But! You have Netflix! With so many amazing titles on this huge platform, it’s difficult to pick just one to watch. So, here are 11 titles found on Netflix that are foolproof for beginners and still entertaining for veterans.

(Warning: Netflix shows are subject to change all the time, so if you’re reading this a year from now, some titles may not be on the platform anymore.)

4. Arthdal Chronicles

This drama is quite a bit more violent than the rest. Set in the fictional ancient land of Arth, Eun Seom (Song Joong Ki) was born with a fate to bring disaster to the world. Ta Gon (Jang Dong Gun) is a war hero and has paved the way for Arthdal to become a prosperous city nation. Tan Ya (Kim Ji Won) was born with the same fate as Eun Seom and is the next great mother of the Wahan Tribe. Tae Alha (Kim Ok Bin) is the daughter of the head of the Hae tribe and has great ambitions.

Described by some as the “Korean Game of Thrones“, it may sound like a lot to follow, but the show is filmed so well it makes it extremely easy. Many people who have never watched K-Dramas have gotten curious, gave this a try, and loved it! Its gorgeous sets, intense fights, and mysterious deities will keep you hooked.

Arthdal-Chronicles-Poster-Best-Korean-dr

(skopped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/best-beginner-friendly-k-dramas-netflix/

• 1 month later...

15 Uncommon Korean Movie Recommendations

Evidently, Korea has a lot of depressing and wild films.

Many Korean movie recommendations have been said over the years, especially after Parasite won Best Picture. But what if you’ve already seen Parasite? What if you’ve already seen Train to Busan? Along with the Gods? My Sassy Girl? You’re done with “classics”. You want something else.

Well, you’ve come to the right place. These are great movies that are probably classics to someone, but the average/casual viewer may not have heard of them. Below are the 15 movies that are still quite popular and well-done but hardly ever recommended by other websites,

1. Rampant

GeiIXUqPJv56yBs-Qm74vGpm8H5CqiJiaw8uIVQMnEsX3ObEgIaqErPHTaSw1EeIqrpZa5tq4hmEmzSCKmSWMJBtu2geGMnz4exS7A1VQ40mgO8=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365 | IMDb

Lee Chung (Hyun Bin) is the Prince of Joseon but has been taken hostage by the Qing Dynasty. He enjoys drinking, gambling, and being with women. His older brother Lee Young (Kim Joo Hyuk) is going to succeed the throne and bring Lee Chung to Joseon to experience it. Soon, Lee Chung faces monsters that run rampant in the night.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/15-uncommon-korean-movie-recommendations/

• 4 weeks later...

**** "Suits" was on Netflix over the last few months - I actually watched this drama while it was airing but did not complete the run since I lacked time. But, I also bought a DVD copy for my collection & can watch the drama anytime I want to. I had picked it up again for 2x and really, the best part was the bromance between the hotshot lawyer who is JDG and his genius protege.  :issohappy:

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2021 at 9:13 AM, nitnot said:

I miss his acting. What does he do right now? When will he comeback to the screen? :anguished: 

@nitnot, like you, I miss it, too! I also wonder what is he doing at the moment. I guess busy attending to his family. I hope  we could get to see him on the screen soon.  :smile:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

8 K-Drama Remakes Of Your Favorite International TV Series

You have probably watched the OG series!

Korean dramas are arguably one of the most popular genres for television shows. But did you know that some of your favorite titles are actually spin-offs of foreign series? Yup, you read that right!

We rounded up eight popular K-dramas that are remakes from international titles:

6. Suits (2018)

Who’s in it: Jang Dong Gun, Park Hyung Sik

Where you can watch it: Netflix and Viu

Another K-drama that is based on an American title is Suits. The series premiered in 2018 and spanned 16 seasons. Similar to Criminal Minds, the South Korean variation only lasted for a season, while its American counterpart has nine seasons and was broadcasted for eight years!

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/must-watch-k-drama-remakes-a4825-20210416

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

10 of tvN Dramas with Highest Premiere Viewership Ratings of All Time

These dramas recorded high viewership ratings with their first episode.

For over a decade, tvN has produced hundreds of popular dramas with various genres. Currently, tvN is one of the leading broadcasting stations when it comes to high-quality dramas. Viewers have been showing love and support for the dramas of tvN. Among all, these 10 are the ones that received the highest ratings during the first episode.

Without further ado, check out the list below to find out more!

#10 Arthdal Chronicles (2019)—6.7%

1624607732582-9.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2021/06/25/10-of-tvn-dramas-with-highest-premiere-viewership-ratings-of-all-time-392497

• 2 months later...

*** tvN is partnering with TVing to run a vote for the audiences’ favorite K-drama in the network’s 15-year span. tvN has so many great dramas. I’ve watched so many dramas from this cable network. I can say that tvN is the HBO of SK. And

running down the list is "Arthdal Chronicles"   -     :Woah:

LINK to vote :     http://event.tving.com/external/tvn15th/5377

• 3 weeks later...

***Twitter has revealed, which Korean dramas and films earned the most mentions over the past three years! This is for the past 3-years from July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2021.  Arthdal Chronicles ranked #18.  I’ve watched 9 of these Kdramas & 5 of the Kmovies…. They're so good! Congratulations "Arthdal Chronicles" team especially to JDG & SJK. I'm glad that this drama is in the list. :Ohboy3:

Twitter-Most-Mentioned-K-Dramas.jpg

photo source : soompi news

• 1 month later...

*** This was featured via KBS’s Entertainment Weekly  latest episode. Go So Young and Jang Dong Gun couple landed at No. 2. The couple had unveiled their luxury house through social media last year.  :blush:

The Most Expensive Celebrity Homes of All Time: Owned by Kim Soo Hyun, G-Dragon, J-Hope, and More

It’s P Apartment, the most expensive apartment in Cheongdam-dong. The complex offers 29 apartments, and every one of them offers Han River views. The most recent sale price of the same size was 11.5 billion KRW (about $9.74 million).

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : zapzee

• 2 months later...

4 Korean celebrity couples’ luxury honeymoons.

A designer dress and larger-than-life wedding ceremony aren’t the only things celebrities splurge on to celebrate their big day. In fact, that’s often just the beginning. Korean stars often go all out on their honeymoon, jetting off to gorgeous beaches and luxury tropical destinations around the world.

1. Jang Dong-gun and Ko So-young

We know what you’re thinking – isn’t Bali too obvious and cliché for a honeymoon destination? But hey, it’s popular for a reason. Plus, staying in a private resort with a private beach all to yourself? Now that’s a honeymoon to remember.

jang-dong-gun-ko-so-young_16012022.jpg

According to Mnet’s TMI News, Ko So-young was four months pregnant when Jang Dong-gun prepared this luxury honeymoon trip as a gift for her. The couple stayed in Bulgari Resort Bali, which can cost up to US$5,300 per night.

The private resort includes its own private beach, private swimming pools for each villa or mansion as well as large rooms with ocean views, butler services and more. The trip costs around US$10,000 including US$4,000 for the return flights from Korea to Bali.

Bulgari-Resort-in-Uluwatu.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://lovekpop95.com/2022/01/16/4-korean-celebrity-couples-luxury-honeymoons/

4 weddings of Korean celebrity couples with the most impressive guest lists

The wedding ceremonies of these couples turned into award shows due to the attendance of many top stars.

Many Korean celebrity couples have gone from dating to walking down the aisle together. Their weddings undoubtedly draw much attention. The wedding ceremonies of the following Korean stars take netizens by surprise with an amazing guest lineup that is no different from an awards ceremony. This proves the impressive network within the industry of the main couples.

3.Jang Dong Gun – Go So Young

The couple Jang Dong Gun and Go So Young also caused a stir when they held a super wedding on May 2nd, 2010. It can be said that this is one of the most luxurious weddings in Korea. It is known that the actor spent about 1 billion won for his big day. During the wedding ceremony held at the Shilla Hotel (Seoul, South Korea), the couple appeared in a grand manner in front of the guests.

jang-dong-gun-ko-so-young_16012022.jpg

It is worth mentioning that the couple’s happy day was attended by a huge star cast. Prominent among the 550 guests were top names such as Bi Rain, Hyun Bin, Ha Ji Won, Kim Nam Joo and his wife, So Ji Sub, Shin Min Ah, Song Seung Hyun. Due to the attendance of all these famous guests, the couple’s wedding ceremony received a lot of attention from the press. At the wedding of the century, 400 reporters from many countries were present early to report.

The famous stars at the wedding.

The famous stars at the wedding.

Many weddings of Korean stars have made fans feel proud because of their luxury and grandeur. In addition, the presence of the famous stars made the weddings pretty much the equivalent of a fancy awards ceremony red carpet, which made netizens extremely excited.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://lovekpop95.com/2022/01/26/4-weddings-of-korean-celebrity-couples-with-the-most-impressive-guest-lists/

***Production company of "Arthdal Chronicles" is still considering filming season 2 of the drama. I'm not really into part2s, sequels, remakes of any K-dramas because for me, nothing could surpass the original. To date, it remains the most expensive K-drama ever produced. The original was always intended as season 1, though the airing split it into 2-parts. The ending of the 2nd part was definitely a cliffhanger. Season 1 left too many open questions. I'm not sure if JDG and SJK will take the season 2 in case. The PD won't take the season 2 so, it won't be the same with a different

director.    :popcornjackson:

*** The recent episode of KBS’s ‘Entertainment Weekly’ revealed the list of stars who made profits by investing in buildings. Jang Dong Gun ranked 3rd. The building that he purchased for 12.6 billion (about $10.41 million) in 2011 is currently worth 20 billion KRW (about $16.52 million). It is said that the building has been leased by a famous overseas car brand and has been maintained without vacancy for 11 years.  :7555_attack:

01.jpg

source : https://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=202201300100181170011225&servicedate=20220129

• 2 weeks later...

*** Studio Dragon has officially announced that the highly-anticipated second season of “Arthdal Chronicles” is aiming to start production this year. This is a highly-anticipated second season. In 2020, tvN confirmed that the second season is aiming to film in the second half of that year. However, Studio Dragon said that the production schedule was up in the air due to COVID-19. The cast and broadcast network have not been confirmed yet. So, I'm glad that JDG is said to be possibly returning. Wait & see.................for MORE updates soon.   Looking forward for MORE news about this upcoming drama. ........I don't really dig 2nd season, part2s or remakes of any dramas but...........for this, we could now find out what will happen to the characters. It's long awaited!  It left unfinished! I already lost my hope and now I see this.  :twerk2:

0005151158_001_20220221135801878.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=018&aid=0005151158

• 2 weeks later...

7 Grown-Up Dating K-Dramas To Check Out

This feature is dedicated to the protagonists who are in their 30s or older, dating and finding love. On top of the pangs of finding true love, these protagonists also face other hardships like being a single mother, finding new careers, and even going through a divorce. There are a lot of aspects of a grown-up dating drama that many can relate to. Here are seven of those K-dramas.

7. “A Gentleman’s Dignity

gentlemans-dignity.jpeg

Jang Dong Gun plays Kim Do Jin, an arrogant middle-aged man who meets and falls in love with Seo Yi Soo (Kim Ha Neul). She doesn’t trust his playboy ways and makes it difficult for him to pursue her, but he does anyway. As he does, Do Jin realizes that his feelings for Yi Soo are more than skin deep, and he tries to win her trust.

If you’re looking for a mature romance, “A Gentleman’s Dignity” is definitely it. It stars Jang Dong Gun, Kim Ha Neul, Kim Soo Ro, Kim Min Jong, and Lee Jong Hyuk, all who play middle-aged characters that are looking for love. It also happens to be one of Kim Eun Sook’s first K-dramas that put her on the map. It was a huge success that really showcased all of the rom-com tropes which appealed to the masses.

gentlemans-dignity1.jpeg

Start watching “A Gentleman’s Dignity”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news