Jang Dong Gun 장동건

Admin

December 15, 2019

Actor Lee Byung-hun Posted A Photo With Good Friends Lee Jung-jae And Jang Dong-gun

BY Staff Reporter | KDramaStars

20191214.jpg

Lee Byung-hun posted a black and white photo on his Instagram with the caption "good old friends" on December 14th.

The three actors smiled brightly while Dong-gun makes a playful V sign with his fingers. Lee Byung Hun, Jang Dong Gun and Lee Jung Jae have been friends since the 90s. They are also well-known as three of Korea's most attractive actors.

Meanwhile, Lee Byung-hun is about to release the movie "Ashfall" on the 19th, and Jang Dong-gun will host JTBC's educational program "Jang Dong-gun's Back to the Books." On the other hand, Lee Jung-jae's most recent drama "Chief Of Staff Season 2" just ended last December 10.

• 4 weeks later...

Jang Dong Gun and wife Go So Young reportedly not on speaking terms while on vacation in Hawaii

1578932398-ssi-20200113173458.jpg

Tensions are reportedly cold between Jang Dong Gun and Go So Young due to the recent leakage of texts from Joo Jin Mo's phone. 

The couple is currently on vacation in Hawaii with their children and left for warmer weather at the beginning of last week. However, one netizen has reported on an online community forum that they saw the couple on the plane, stating: "I was surprised to see them sitting in economy class. They were sitting separately. I saw them entering the country and saw that the atmosphere was chilly and that they weren't talking to each other."

Go So Young has currently turned off commenting on her SNS platforms and hasn't uploaded anything in the past three days. Her husband Jang Dong Gun was recently implicated in scandal after actor Joo Jin Mo's alleged phone conversations with him were leaked. Although it has not been confirmed, the damage to the actors' reputation has already been established due to their conversation topics alluding to women and prostitution. 

Jang Dong Gun and Go So Young married in 2010 and have one son and one daughter. 

source : allkpop

• 2 weeks later...

*** Finally.................I was able to watch his drama, "Arthdal Chronicles" & this time watching it continuously, which I didn't do so during airing because of lack of time. I want Saya and Eunseom to meet just as I want Tanya to reunite with Eunseom. I’m left hanging since I still have so many questions. Though this really isn’t my cup of tea kind of genre, this is still worth-watching. Although the series is far from perfect, it has the perfect combination of action, drama, politics, tradition, and culture. I've been waiting for this series since its casting news broke. If you're a fan of Song Joong Ki & Jang Dong Gun, then this series should definitely be on your Netflix watchlist. Viewers with a soft spot for fantasy dramas will also enjoy the show. This is a drama that got better as it went. Everything really takes off in Part 2, and this is where things improved a lot for me. There are a lot of fascinating relationships in the drama. Part 2 also pulls everything together nicely in its last episode to leave us feeling very satisfied with a pretty great cliff-hanger. It gets pretty exciting. The drama as a whole is quite dark too. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

*** I'm happy to know that “Arthdal Chronicles” is confirmed to return with a new season! It aims to begin filming in the second half of this year. I love the drama. I can't wait for this one to start production. The storyline is too good to be left hanging. I'm excited. I loved everything about the first season. I'm wondering if this is a 2021 release date. I have been waiting! :lol: I guess the main cast would reprise their roles.

• 2 months later...

*** I wonder how's JDG doing at the moment. I hope he'll do another drama soon. A drama, which can surpass maybe "All About Eve". hahaha - That drama got a highest viewership rating of 48.3%. This was the drama I watched where I started liking him.  :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

K-Drama Time Machine: “A Gentleman’s Dignity” Strides Strikingly Through Its Highly-Addicting Bromance Meter

gentlemans-dignity-poster.jpg

In 2012, the middle-aged F4 from Kim Eun Sook penned series, A Gentleman’s Dignity, swept the hearts of K-Drama fans with their engrossing love stories.

From the production team that brought Secret Garden, City Hall and Lovers in Paris comes an addictive, relationship contemplating rom-com in a Sex and the City male version vibe. The quirky cast and the quaint story drew groupie members of the best middle-aged-hotties that graced the K-dramaland.

WE19868940_ori-768x403.jpg

Title: A Gentleman’s Dignity
Network: SBS
Theme: Romance, Comedy
Length: 20 episodes
Broadcast Date: 26 May 2012 – 12 Aug 2012
Main Leads: Jang Dong Gun | Kim Ha Neul | Kim Min Jung | Yoon Se Ah | Yoon Jin Yi | Lee Jong Hyuk | Kim Su Ro | Lee Jung Nan |
Highlights: Clever Script | Solid Cast Portrayal | Thought-Provoking Narrative | Endearing Love Tales
Overall Rating: 5.gif
Re-watch Value: 4.gif
Related Dramas: In Need of Romance, Because this is My First Life, Be Melodramatic, Drinking Solo, Hospital Playlist

A Gentleman's Dignity

The urban set A Gentleman’s Dignity narrates the stories of men in their 40’s who grew up as friends since Highschool and nurtured their friendship since then. The morning breakfast forums, the hilarious anecdotes, the sweet love declarations, the pleading love-believe-me’s, and the bromantic I-got-your-back-bro are some of the reasons why it is a classic must-watch Korean series.

Highlights

Smartly written with humor overload

Featuring four faces of real relationships, viewers can relate to the love pairings. Surviving a feisty wife and enduring a one-sided romance; the other two stories feature mischievous-may-december-love-affair, and now-we-break-up-tomorrow-we’ll-get-back relationship.

Every episode is wrapped with comical notes and witty situations. The writing also invested effort to make each character own his glorious moment.

Additionally, the series brims with thought-provoking lines about relationship apprehensions. It relays realistic keypoints to why love can never be used as a leverage to marriage. Because “love” itself is the soul of life-long commitment.

A Gentleman's Dignity

Spoiler

Four Engrossing Love Stories

Never a dull instance when the four male leads do their antics. Admirably, when they are required to tap on their emotions, they deliver efficiently.

The female leads have played their parts as well complementing the different personas of the four male leads.

Kim Do Jin & So Yi Soo

Img0402_20120625154027_1.jpg

The smooth womanizer who vowed not to be married because he can’t love only one woman in his life met his match alongside two declarations of love that were not meant for him. Do Jin is a classic example of an alpha-playboy who can assess when he is needed to be a knight in a shining armor.

Later, he confronts the reality that the rule he set is no match when true love knocks in bold letters. His one-sided love eventually turned two-sided. Yi Soo and Do Jin present a fetching tale and a reminder that love just happens, and it will change you and your life overnight.

Choi Yoon and Im Me Ah Ri

Img0402_20120712140734_2.jpg

The you-and-me-against-my-brother-who-is-your-bestfriend love affair is worth the wait when they eventually claimed what’s rightfully theirs. It may seem a long ride and if not for Me Ah Ri’s persistent and lovable bratty princess attitude, the designed love story for them maybe nauseating.

But what made their tandem charming is her non-restrained “i-love-you-you-belong-to-me” conviction which inescapably warmed up the cold widow. In slow-burning love, patience is a must-needed requirement.

Lee Jung Rok and Park Min Sook

Img0402_20120723154406_2.jpg

Witnessing the eccentric relationship of this husband-and-wife in the series makes easy to pick them as your favorite. The playboy-of-them-all, who occasionally hides his wedding ring when there’s a hot girl in a 5-meter radius, draws laughter spree whenever he faces his wife who is frequently in a My-Wife-is-a-Gangster mode.

Jung Rok is the source of the majority of humor zest in this drama and how his friends would cover up for his womanizing was so fun to watch. Wishing for more of their marriage cute quarrels is expected as they made the most out of their screen time to be remembered well.

Im Tae San and Hong Se Ra

Img0402_20120625161225_4.jpg

Tae San is your typical good boy playboy. He plays, but he knows when to stop. He is ever reliable, nice and protective. His relationship with a woman who is afraid of settling down and their love fights along the way sheds light to what most middle-age relationship is. Either leading to marriage or forever single life.

Their love pairing solidifies the main love plot, in fact the characters they played are the tying knot of the drama.

Humbling and realistic narrative

A Gentleman’s Dignity takes pride of its cast. It achieved a chemistry that was able to sustain and balance four love stories tied by love and friendship. Picking a favorite from one of the four is useless. You eventually become greedy to choose the whole set.

Triumphantly realistic, the series is characterized by unpretentious romance that have been made believable by its flaws. An urban set drama should be supported by pragmatic events. Scenarios that can happen to anyone and problems that can be solved by perceptible answers.

Armed with those elements, the series banked on its strength. Thus, inducing an engrossing following for audience who genuinely felt the intention to present the facets of relationships. Regardless if sensible or not; whether it could be mentally tormenting or emotionally liberating.

A Gentleman's Dignity

Series Afterthoughts

From a woman’s perspective, I never thought I would enjoy A Gentleman’s Dignity so much. Evidently, Jang Dong Gun is the main attraction among the boys. However, having them all together is one of the strongest points of the drama. All four of them are big piles of mirth and love.

They say life begins at 40, and these men who were friends since Highschool rocked it. Having their own stable lives, they have to balance personal, family and relationship issues while maintaining the best bromance ever.

The conflicts mainly focused on finding and keeping love. Do jin and Yi Soo depict how sweet a one-sided love can be when it is reciprocated. Yoon and Me Ah Ri defy friendship and age to prove they deserve each other. Tae San and Se Ra had a rough ride before they finally realized they belong to each other. Jung Rok and Min Sook defeat jealousies and discover that sometimes love is lost so you can find it again.

A Gentleman's Dignity

Recommendation

The 20 chapters spent with A Gentleman’s Dignity is definitely gratifying. The story and the characters have such reverberating resonance that makes one ruminate. It particularly tugs on dealing with relationship and commitment issues.

Come to think of it, it is even made in a way that you remember how vulnerable and defiant you become because of love failures. At the same time, it encourages on how love, when sought with sincerity, gives a meaningful life.

Img0402_20120705175907_1.jpg

Memorable Quotes

If you’re not going to sleep with me, don’t flirt.

You do not bait a fish that was already caught.

You forget a man, with another man.

A break-up done for another person does not make sense to the person who loved more.

By nature, a man’s first love is always beautiful.

Do you know what words a man can’t say after “iloveyou”?  “I’m sorry.”

Why don’t you let your emotions lead you?  Or the alcohol lead you… or let me lead you?

Do you know how it feels to have someone yesterday and then “you wish you have her” the next day?

a-gentlemans-dignity-poster.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

*** I hope they don't have to cancel it in the end.. :o

“Arthdal Chronicles” Reportedly Delays Production Of 2nd Season + Production Company Responds

d248475b408343a59286a795078a9fd8.jpeg?s=

The second season of “Athdal Chronicles” may not air as scheduled.

Previously in February, tvN confirmed that the second season of “Arthdal Chronicles” is being prepared with an aim to begin filming in the second half of the year.

However, according to recent reports, the production schedule will be postponed due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

The pandemic has caused the production company to make some changes because they are not able to film overseas, which means the production team has to reorganize the schedule with the actors as well. The goal was to air the drama next year, but the schedule will reportedly be delayed as the filming has been postponed.

Therefore, the second season of “Arthdal Chronicles” has been excluded from the 2021 lineup.

One industry representative said, “The production of the second season of ‘Arthdal Chronicles’ is a difficult matter to decide immediately considering the current situation. The production situation as well as the cost will be equal to those from the first season, so the production company is considering various options.”

Following the reports, the drama’s production company Studio Dragon shared, “The crank in plans for the second season have become uncertain due to COVID-19. We’re constantly discussing the production schedule.”

Stay tuned for updates!

Sources (1) (2) / soompi news

• 2 weeks later...

8 Top-Class Actresses Who Married Top-Class Actors

These legendary actresses married fellow legendary actors!

Celebrities often get married to fellow celebrities as they can relate to each other and most likely have many things in common being that they are working in the same industry. Here are 8 top-class actresses who got married to fellow top-class actors!

7. Ko So Young & Jang Dong Gun

Actress and model Ko So Young, who rapidly became one of the representative Korean stars of her generation, is married to actor Jang Dong Gun, who is also one of the highest-paid actors and celebrity endorsers in Korea.

The couple got married in May 2010 at Shilla Hotel in Seoul and now have one son and one daughter.

Jang Dong Gun did get into some controversy after a hacker leaked his private text messages, leading Go So Young to take a backseat from the public eye in early 2020.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : koreaboo

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/8-top-class-actresses-married-top-class-actors/

• 2 weeks later...

Highly-Anticipated Dramas “Arthdal Chronicles 2” & “Here” Postpone Production Schedules

here-kdramadiary-1-660x400.jpg

Fans anticipating Arthdal Chronicles 2 and HERE will have to wait for a definite green light for both series

Owing to the new normal and given the overseas location shoot foreseen for both series, filming postponement is inevitable. Both HERE and Arthdal Chronicles 2 are initially scheduled to begin filming in the second half of 2020. Post-filming the air dates are supposed to be in the first half of 2021, however, because of the COVID-19 outbreak, the plans were halted.

arthdal-chronicles-kdramadiary.jpg

tvN’s Arthdal Chronicles which already confirmed season 2 delays production indefinitely. Initially planned to start production in the second half of 2020, the series is supposed to be broadcast in the first half of 2021. The possibility of production failure cannot be ruled out if the COVID-19 situation is prolonged.

Divided in three parts, Arthdal Chronicles trudges on the story set in the land of Arth, a civilization set in the backdrop of Bronze Age. Forged by tribes, the kingdom is reigned by leaders of tribes, who mutually detest each other in secret. When the kingdom’s elite army brought in an isolated tribe, a tribal dispute eventually broke out as the leaders contend to achieve the kingdom’s highest power.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source/Images: Sports Donga

• 1 month later...

Korean Men Pick Male Celebrities with Best Visuals

These male celebrities are the most handsome, according to Korean men. 

The 'Male Grooming Trend Report' has recently asked Korean men between the ages 20 and 39 to participate in a poll in which they gave the names of the male celebrities with the most 'ideal visuals.' For this year, too,

Hyun Bin, Jung Woosung, and Wonbin took the top three spots; in 2019, Jung Woosung took the top spot, followed by Won Bin and Hyun Bin. You can check out the list below for the most-mentioned male celebrities with the best visuals, picked by Korean men. 

Jang Donggun 

• 1599527503502-0.jpg

• Image Source: Esquire

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2020/09/08/korean-men-pick-male-celebrities-with-best-visuals-379231

16 K-Drama Posters That Changed Completely In Their Japanese Version

Korean dramas are sold to other countries and one of their top clients is none other than Japan. K-Drama posters are then adapted in a Japanese version for the broadcasting channel or for DVD jackets.

The Japanese version of the posters has completely different vibes from their original in some cases. On an online community, netizens have been comparing the two versions of the posters.

Here are 16 Korean K-Drama posters that completely changed for the Japanese DVD jackets.

Comparing the two versions, the Japanese version removed the original background of the poster to add blue and pink colors and glitters (for a majority above). The posters also emphasize on the romance of the drama, removing or adding characters to highlight the romance. If the actors' faces are not clearly seen on the original posters, they find a way to make it clearer on the Japanese version.

Not all the Japanese DVD jackets have this pink and romantic vibes, some are also close to their original. Here is a comparison for the K-Dramas "Mother", "Stranger", "Mad Dog" and "Suits".

Korean-drama-korean-poster-japanese-post

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/16-kdrama-posters-that-changed-completely-in-their-japanese-version/

• 1 month later...

The 5 Most *Expensive* K-Dramas Produced So Far

Can you guess how much the most expensive K-drama costs?

If it wasn't already obvious, there's a hefty price to pay for producing the high-quality K-dramas that we love. That said, a few shows cost a lot more than most based on their setting and storylines, especially when it comes to costume-heavy period pieces, and CGI-laden fantasy dramas. Not to mention each show's top stars are also compensated handsomely per episode.

Curious as to how it all works? Below we rounded up five of the most expensive K-dramas produced thus far.

1. Arthdal Chronicles (2019)

Estimated Cost: 54 billion won (P2.3 billion)

Starring Song Joong Ki and Jang Dong Gun, Arthdal Chronicles marked South Korea's first-ever drama set in the ancient times. The series was shot in both South Korea and Brunei, and Kpopmap points out that a huge, costly set was built especially for the show. The 2019 drama consisted of 18 episodes, with an estimated production cost of 2.5 to 3 billion won (P106 million to P127 million) per episode, currently making it the most expensive K-drama ever produced.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/most-expensive-kdramas-produced-sa2565-20201018-src-preview?ref=home_feed_1

• 2 weeks later...

Rain and Kim Tae Hee top list of celebrities with fortunes in real estate

Celebrity couple Rain and Kim Tae Hee have topped the list of celebrities with fortunes in real estate.

On the October 30th episode of 'Entertainment Relay Live', Rain and Kim Tae Hee were named as the celebrities who have the biggest fortune in real estate with 81.4 billion Won ($71,844,714.48 USD) in property assets. The power couple beat out stars like Lee HyoriSo Ji SubSuzy, and BoA who are known to be wealthy property owners. 

Coming in 2nd on the list is actor Kwon Sang Woo with 78.2 billion Won ($69,015,480.38 USD) in real estate assets, actress Jun Ji Hyun is in 3rd with 75.5 billion Won ($66,632,592.95 USD), actor Song Seung Hun comes in 4th with 69.2 billion Won ($61,078,992.48 USD), 'Asia's Prince' Jang Geun Suk comes in 5th with 55 billion Won ($48,545,442.00 USD), Seo Jang Hoon in 6th with 46.5 billion Won ($41,042,964.60 USD), Ha Jung Woo in 7th, Jung Woo Sung and Lee Jung Jae in 8th, Jang Dong Gun and Go So Young in 9th, and Psy in 10th. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : allkpop