Jang Dong Gun 장동건

Admin

tvN's ‘The Sword of Aramun’ to revamp original series

Sequel of 'Arthadal Chronicles' seeks to entertain viewers with new cast, action-packed stories

20230907000557_0.jpg

From left: Actors Jang Dong-gun and Kim Ok-bin, screenwriter Park Sang-yeon, director Kim Kwang-sik, screenwriter Kim Young-hyun, actors Shin Sae-kyeong and Lee Joon-gi pose for photos before an online press conference on Tuesday. (tvN)

"The Sword of Aramun," a fantasy series on tvN, aspires to achieve success as a sequel, featuring numerous changes compared to its original project, "Arthdal Chronicles" (2019).

“I think it is safe to say that everything -- apart from Kim Ok-bin and myself, has changed,” said Jang Dong-gun, who played one of main characters and kingpin Tagon in “Arthdal Chronicles,” during a press conference on Tuesday.

“I was concerned about feeling unfamiliar with the changes in two lead characters, but everything felt natural when we were reading the scripts and doing test shootings,” he added, assuring that the changes will bring a positive spin to the upcoming series.

20230907000558_0.jpg

"The Sword of Aramun." (tvN)

The broadcaster’s earlier work, “Arthdal Chronicles,” was a blockbuster series with reportedly the biggest budget of any Korean TV series that year, at some 50 billion won ($37.4 million).

With the setting of a mythical land called Arth in the early Bronze Age, the show depicted a power struggle among competing chieftains for the throne of the very first nation.

The original 18-part series came to a lackluster end, with single-digit viewership ratings and low public interest, despite the presence of high-profile actors like Song Joong-ki, Kim Ji-won, Kim Ok-bin and more.

“The last project got me in some trouble, so I decided to work with a new motto (on the new series): ‘Keep it simple and refreshing.’ I am certain that viewers can easily follow the storyline of ‘The Sword of Aramun,’” screenwriter Kim Young-hyun said.

The new 12-part series is set eight years after “Arthdal Chronicles,” featuring the great war between Tagon, who took the throne of Arthdal, and Eunseom (played by Lee Joon-gi), the leader of the united tribes which are posing a threat to the kingdom.

Unlike the previous project, the new power struggles of Arth are set to be presented through brutal warfare.

According to “The Sword of Aramun” director Kim Kwang-sik, viewers will be able to feast their eyes on realistic action and awe-inspiring war scenes.

“The series has the most action scenes compared to any other Korean period drama. As a war TV show, the audience can enjoy the action-packed story,” the director said.

Many drama fans did not hide their excitement as one of South Korea’s go-to action stars Lee Joon-gi took on the role of Eunseom, who was originally played by Song Joong-ki in “Arthdal Chronicles.”

20230907000559_0.jpg

Lee Joon-gi plays the role of tribe leader Eunseom in "The Sword of Aramun." (tvN)

Lee, 41, made a name for himself as a highly skilled, dynamic actor, having starred in multiple projects, including “Gunman in Joseon” (2014), “Moon Lovers -- Scarlet Heart Ryeo” (2016), “Resident Evil: The Final Chapter” (2017) and more.

“Instead of focusing on technical skills and flashy gestures -- as I did in my previous works, I wanted to present Eunseom’s desperate, urgent and tragic emotions through action,” Lee explained.

“The Sword of Aramun” is scheduled to premiere Saturday at 9:20 p.m. on tvN. The Saturday-Sunday drama is also available on streaming platforms Tving and Disney+.

credit : Korea Herald

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20230907000539

*** tvN’s “Arthdal Chronicles 2” still cut from tonight’s episode of Jang Dong Gun! Previously in episode 1, Sa Ya learned that his twin brother Eun Seom is the hero of the Ago tribe Inaishingi, while Sa Ya became the commander-in-chief of Arthdal, leading them to face off against each other as the heads of opposing forces. This episode of the drama just aired TODAY September 10 at 9:20 p.m. KST.  :blush:

arthdal-chronicles-5.jpeg

202309101341390410_2_20230910134701567.j

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=609&aid=0000770122

*** Now, “Arthdal Chronicles 2”  has joined the ratings race. The drama kicked off its second season last night September 9. tvN’s “Arthdal Chronicles 2” got off to a relatively promising start. The first episode of the drama’s second season scored an average nationwide rating of 5.0 percent.  :Fist1:   The S1 has ended quite a long while that I totally forgot what happened in that drama. Sigh............ instead of Disney+, I wish this was on Netflix so, it will be accessible to everyone.

202309101132217501691_20230910113510_01_

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0003652591

*** It was only a short battle scene from the drama but it already summarized the big picture of the world that “The Sword of Aramoon” will draw in the future. That’s because it explains why Tagon (Jang Dong Gun), the King of Arthdal, and Eunseom, the leader of the Ago tribe, fight each other. Tagon looks strong and seems to be a reliable person, but Eunseom is actually the person who assembled various tribes and proved the power of a union of the weak. Therefore, the worlds they are trying to build are different. I hope this will bring better results for upcoming episodes.   :kaching1:

Top Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings In Final Week Of Part 1 from Good Data Corporation

1. MBC “My Dearest”
  2. tvN “The Uncanny Counter 2: Counter Punch”
  3. tvN “My Lovely Liar”
  4. JTBC “Behind Your Touch”
  5. JTBC “Destined with You”
  6. ENA “New Recruit 2”
  7. SBS “The First Responders 2”
  8. KBS2 “The Real Has Come!
  9. SBS “The Killing Vote”
  10. tvN “Arthdal Chronicles 2: The Sword of Aramun”

credit : soompi news

*** (2) MORE actors will be starring in "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramun". One is Jung Suk-yong who takes on the role of Yeol-son, Tanya's father. The other one is Yoo Min-kyu who plays Rottip. Rottip is a mysterious figure who knows a lot about Arthdal and the people, and unlike others of his kind, he has a wise attitude and an indifferent personality to the world.   :kaching3:

First episode of ‘The Sword of Aramun’ quashes fans’ concerns over new lead actors

20230911000617_0.jpg

Cable channel tvN’s fantasy period series “Arthdal Chronicles” (2019) has returned for a second season -- “The Sword of Aramun” -- with new lead actors, garnering plenty of interest from viewers with its first two episodes.

Prior to the premiere of “The Sword of Aramun” on Sept. 9, drama fans -- especially those who enjoyed “Arthdal Chronicles” -- were concerned over whether the new leads, Lee Joon-gi and Shin Sae-kyeong, would be a natural fit with the Arthdal universe.

Lee and Shin took on the roles of the Ago tribe's leader, Eun-seom, and the high priestess of Arthdal, Tan-ya. In the first season, Song Joong-ki and Kim Ji-won played the roles, respectively.

With the first episode, “The Sword of Aramun” succeeded in putting any concerns to rest.

The first episode of the 12-part fantasy series recorded a viewership share of 5.4 percent when it aired Saturday.

Compared with the highest record viewership share of 8.1 percent for “Arthdal Chronicles” and 6.1 percent for tvN’s “The Uncanny Counter Season 2,” "The Sword of Aramun" is considered to be off to a strong start. "Arthdal Chronicles" ended with an average viewership share of 6.55 percent.

20230911000618_0.jpg

Lee Joon-gi plays Sa-ya, the twin brother of Eun-seom and heir to the Arthdal Kingdom in "The Sword of Aramun." (tvN)

Lee explained that he did his utmost to immerse himself in the character and the series’ setting.

“I tried to make the most of my time at the shooting site. I was afraid of forgetting the characters, place names, tribes and the drama’s unique universe as soon as I left the shooting site and went home,” the actor said in a promotional interview with Disney+.

Some viewers who were satisfied with the change of the lead actor shared their high expectations for both Lee and the upcoming episodes.

“Lee Joon-gi is famous for shooting dynamic action scenes without a body double. Because ‘The Sword of Aramun’ is likely to present more bloody, breathtaking battles between the Arthdal Kingdom and the Ago tribes to decide the true ruler of Arthdal, Lee will shine brighter as the story continues,” Kim Min-ji, a 32-year-old chef in Busan who enjoyed the

“Arthdal Chronicle” series, told The Korea Herald.

“Song Joong-ki matched season 1. But, I think Lee Joon-gi is good for season 2. There will be a lot of battle scenes and Eun-seom needs to be wild,” a YouTube comment read.

"The Sword of Aramun” is about the story of a great war between Tagon, who took the throne of Arthdal, and Eunseom.

The series is available on streaming platforms Tving and Disney+.

credit : Korea Herald

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20230911000623

*** "Arthdal Chronicles" has beautiful filming locations! This is what I love about watching K-dramas because of these beautiful locations, which I try to visit when I travel in Korea. K-Dramas are always an exciting viewing experience because I get my travel bucket lists from those that I've watched.   :emmm:

Osan, Korea - S1

The set of the drama can be visited! This is in Gyeonggi Province. It is not far from Seoul. The set can be visited from   Sep. 1 to Nov. 8 at 10 am to 5 pm. The tour is done with a guide 7 times a day (10 am, 11 am, 1 pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, 5pm). You have to arrive at least 5 min before the start of the tour. Only 20 persons by session. Weekdays: first come, first served but, for Weekend: you need to reserve. It takes around 40 to 50 minutes to see the place. It's FREE. Please note that there is no toilet inside of the set. No food, drink, and pet are allowed inside. You can only take pictures in designated spots.

arthdal.png

osan-city-info.jpg

Top 10 Must-Watch K-Dramas Dominating Discussions In September 1st Week based from Good Data Corporation

1. "Moving"

2. "A Time Called You"

3. "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramun"

4. "Destined With You"

5. "Behind Your Touch"

6. "The First Responders 2"

7. "My Lovely Liar"

8. "Mask Girl"

9. "New Recruit 2"

10. "The Real Has Come"

good-data-drama-091523-1.jpg

*** tvN’s “Arthdal Chronicles 2: The Sword of Aramun” was the most buzzed-about drama of the week on Good Data Corporation’s weekly list of the TV dramas that generated the most buzz. The company determines each week’s rankings by collecting data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media about dramas that are either currently airing or set to air soon. I'm excited with this drama. It's pretty good.    :blush:

20230917173010_Arthdal-Chronicles-2-Movi

1. tvN “Arthdal Chronicles 2: The Sword of Aramun”
  2. JTBC “Destined with You”
  3. JTBC “Behind Your Touch”
  4. SBS “The First Responders 2”
  5. tvN “My Lovely Liar”
  6. ENA “New Recruit 2”
  7. KBS2 “The Real Has Come!
  8. ENA “Longing for You
  9. SBS “The Killing Vote”
  10. KBS2 “Elegant Empire”

credit : soompi news

*** "A Normal Family" had a successful world premiere at the 48th Toronto International Film Festival. The stars of the  movie graced the red carpet of the prestigious event. "A Normal Family" follows two married siblings with different beliefs who stumble upon shocking secrets. Director Hur Jin Ho, Sol Kyung Gu, Jang Dong Gun, Kim Hee Ae, and Claudia Kim attended the red carpet before the film’s screening.   :heart4:

a-normal-family-TIFF-1430x2048.jpeg

normal-family.jpg

Source: Hive Media Corp

Drama viewership ratings for the week of September 11-17, 2023

LINK here : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/09/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-september-11-17-2023/

Saturday, September 16      
Behind Your Touch 11 JTBC 8.0%
Live Your Own Life 1 KBS 16.5%
7 Escape: War for Survival 2 SBS 6.1%
Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramun 3 tvN 5.0%

Sunday, September 17      
Behind Your Touch 12 JTBC 8.7%
Live Your Own Life 2 KBS 18.4%
Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramun 4 tvN 5.0%