http://www.newsva.co.kr/uhtml/read.php?idx...041808355367138

18105423968_60800030.jpg

http://www.cbs.co.kr/nocut/show.asp?idx=804942

20080418090250.jpg

http://web.reviewstar.net/view.php?code=1040&id=60295

N2008041816225189001.jpg

http://gonews.freechal.com/common/result.a...080418162251890

Hmmm but wait,... is it this year? or next year? :huh:

if it's next year... then it'll be... err.. 2003... 2009..... 6 LONG friggin YEARS!! :w00t: lol

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Helena's IRIS thread... teehee...

So much to look forward to starting today... more news, pictures, productions pics, BH oppa's pics... his leading lady... his co-star.... filming pictures, production notes..... busy busy days ahead! ^^

Hi Ay_link, it will be broadcasted early next year. 6 long years indeed! :w00t:

Yes, we will be busy from now on.. :)

Soon.. we'll drown in major BADA** TOPLESS hotness of GBW and ICWTR...

and then.. while the BADNESS lingers on.. a sexy SPY in smart suave suits to enchant us till next year. :wub:

And we'll still have a mysterious NINJA waiting in the shadows of worldwide STORM.

WOW!!!! :w00t: Bring it on!!! :w00t:

Hunnie girls and pandas.. will be so busy.. basking in these awesome HUNNIE treats, from our one & only.. obviously! :blush:

When he comes .. it STORMS! rbhcool.gif

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: KBS World 2008-04-18

Lee Byung-heon Returns to TV Drama

e080418_01.jpg

Korean star Lee Byung-heon is returning to TV screen in a spy thriller titled Iris. Lees first TV drama in five years since his starring role in All In, Iris is Koreas first attempt at a high-tech spy thriller filled with flashy action scenes, cool cutting-edge devices, and scenic overseas locations.

The 20 million-dollar action-packed drama is directed by Kang Je-gyu of Taegukgi: Brotherhood of War and Lee Hyung-min of Im Sorry, I Love You and produced jointly by Taewon Entertainment, which had made the global project Three Kingdoms: Resurrection of the Dragon.Filming will begin later this year and take place in Russia, Japan, China and the United States. The twenty-parter Iris is scheduled to be aired early next year.

Lee has just wrapped up filming the French-American movie I Come with the Rain with Josh Hartnett and is getting ready to shoot G. I. Joe. Lee will be playing Korean ninja Storm Shadow in the action flick. The multi-national collaboration co-starring British actress Sienna Miller and American actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt alongside Lee is due for release in August 2009.

LOL.. must be the last-minute update at KBS, huh.. Helena? :rolleyes: HUGS!

--- By the by... hunnies..

Remember that Cannes update on previous page..

ICWTR is almost confirmed for screening at the grand fest but Dir. KJW must be working really hard to submit his GBW. :sweatingbullets:

Sure hope GBW makes it as well! :mellow:

hold on.. update coming.. so many news today.. :sweatingbullets:

Guest kdramafanusa

LOL.. must be the last-minute update at KBS, huh.. Helena? :rolleyes: HUGS!

ICWTR is almost confirmed for screening at the grand fest but Dir. KJW must be working really hard to submit his GBW. :sweatingbullets:

Rubie, I notice that KBS World is sometimes different from KBS Global. This piece of news is only on its World site.

Would be great if GBW & ICWTR will be at Cannes!

Wonder if GBW had some editing trouble? :unsure:

---

Friday, 18 April 2008

Cannes selection headed for slim Asian presence

Written by Todd McCarthy

It's down to the wire for the Cannes Film Festival. With just five days left before fest topper Thierry Fremaux is due to announce the lineup for the May 14-28 event, much uncertainly surrounds the competition titles, as the availability of some films and the completion status of others remains in question. The field from Asia looks very thin this year. One of the very few contenders will be Cambodian helmer Rithy Panh's "Un Barrage contre le Pacifique" (The Sea Wall), a part-French-financed family drama starring Isabelle Huppert and based on Marguerite Duras' novel, previously filmed in 1958 by Rene Clement as "This Angry Age."

The status of the films of several other big-name directors is uncertain going into the final weekend before the lineup's announcement. The fest selection committee has yet to see Theo Angelopoulos' "The Dust of Time," with Willem Dafoe, Harvey Keitel and Alexandra Maria Lara; Jia Zhangke's "Ciqing Shidai" (The Age of Tattoo); and South Korean helmer Kim Jee-woon's "The Good, the Bad, the Weird." The status of Walter Salles' "Linha de Passe" is also unclear.

There are certain other films that look to end up on the Croisette but in as-yet-undetermined berths -- possibly in competition, Un Certain Regard or special screenings: Abbas Kiarostami's experimental "Shirin," which consists of shots of women watching a movie; Vietnamese director Tran Anh Hung's "I Come With the Rain," with Josh Hartnett as an American private investigator in Hong Kong; two films from Italy, Marco Tullio Giordana's "Sangue Pazzo" (Crazy Blood) and Paolo Sorrentino's "Il Divo"; Mexican director Amat Escalante's U.S.-lensed "Los Bastardos"; Lisandro Alonso's "Liverpool" from Argentina; Atom Egoyan's latest, "Adoration," toplining Scott Speedman and Rachel Blanchard; Kiyoshi Kurosawa's "Tokyo Sonata"; Singaporean helmer Eric Khoo's "My Magic"; Icelandic auteur Baltasar Kormakur's "White Night Wedding"; and a new Polish film from vet Jerzy Skolimowski, his first feature since 1991.

Set for special screenings in the Official Selection are James Toback's "Tyson," an up-close "encounter" with the boxer; Emir Kusturica's docu about soccer star Diego Maradona; and Marina Zenovich's Sundance docu fave "Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired" in its European preem.

Also on the way is "Tokyo!," a trio of tales set in the Japanese capital and directed by Bong Joon-ho ("The Host"), Michel Gondry and Leos Carax.

One certainty is that the Hollywood presence will be significantly reduced from 2007, when "No Country for Old Men," "Zodiac," "Paranoid Park" and "Death Proof" flew the American flag in a banner year. At the moment, the only firm Yank competition entry is Charlie Kaufman's directorial debut, "Synecdoche, New York," in which Philip Seymour Hoffman plays a theater director.

Joining the previously announced "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" in a special noncompeting premiere slot will be DreamWorks Animation's "Kung Fu Panda," starring Jack Black and directed by Mark Osborne and John Stevenson. FIlm bows May 15. Jeffrey Katzenberg has often unveiled his most prestigious animation titles in Cannes.

Unlike last year, when so many top directors had films in Cannes, the timing of the production cycle seems not to be working entirely to the festival's benefit, at least where major American filmmakers are concerned. Very few Hollywood films due to be released over the next four months would seem remotely appropriate for a major artistic fest, and there are always further issues concerning European release dates.

Thinned Yank ranks notwithstanding, the greatest publicity of the fest will be generated by Americans when Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, Harrison Ford, Shia LaBeouf, Karen Allen and Aussie co-star Cate Blanchett hit the red carpet at the long-anticipated world preem of the "Indiana Jones" sequel on May 18.

Hollywood will also be repped on closing night with Barry Levinson's "What Just Happened," an industry insider tale starring Robert De Niro that preemed at Sundance and has now been trimmed by eight minutes. Final night viewers will have the unusual sensation of sitting in the Palais du Festival and watching the picture's climactic scene, which is set during a film's premiere at the Palais but was shot, with reasonable verisimilitude, in a school auditorium in Northridge, Calif.

It was long hoped that Cannes vet Steven Soderbergh's Che Guevara double bill, "The Argentine" and "Guerrilla," would premiere on the Croisette, but it seems that the director, who has wanted either both or neither of the films to play the fest, won't be able to finish the four-hour-plus opus by deadline. Evidently, Soderbergh has essentially finished the second film but, despite non-stop work in recent weeks, hasn't quite gotten the first half of the Benicio Del Toro starrer where he wants it.

Given that Fremaux is reducing the number of competition slots from 23 last year to about 18 this time, he may have the flexibility to keep the door open to Soderbergh if, at the last minute, the director decides he's ready to present his films to the public. A double translating job -- Spanish-language pics will require both English and French subtitles -- could prove a further complication.

Woody Allen's "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" was also widely expected to make its international splash in Cannes, but evidently, ties between the film's Spanish financiers and the San Sebastian Film Festival dictate that the preem will be held at the Spanish fest in the fall.

On the other hand, numerous familiar names will be on hand with new works. The Dardenne brothers from Belgium will try for an unprecedented third Palme d'Or with "The Silence of Lorna." Another previous Palme winner, Wim Wenders, will be back with the meller "The Palermo Shooting," which stars Milla Jovovich, Dennis Hopper and Giovanna Mezzogiorno. Brazilian helmer Fernando Meirelles looks like a lock with the drama "Blindness," toplining Julianne Moore, Mark Ruffalo and Alice Braga.

Turkish auteur Nuri Bilge Ceylan returns with "Daydreams," and Italy will be repped in the competition by Matteo Garrone's crime drama "Gomorra." An unusual entry is Ari Folman's "Waltz With Bashir," an animated feature from Israel. Hungary's Kornel Mundruczo will weigh in with the family drama "Delta." The French competition titles are always the last to be decided, but two to be counted on are Arnaud Desplechin's "Un Conte de Noel" with Mathieu Amalric, Catherine Deneuve and Chiara Mastroianni, and Philippe Garrel's "La Frontiere de l'aube."

Source: Variety Asia Online

http://www.varietyasiaonline.com/content/view/5936/

Rubie, I notice that KBS World is sometimes different from KBS Global. This piece of news is only on its World site.

Would be great if GBW & ICWTR will be at Cannes!

That's right! The news can be totally different from each other. Usually.. KBS World is slower in updating the current ones but you'll never know. :mellow:

I sure hope GBW would make it to Cannes as well.. the final selection is this weekend.. :unsure:

---

Found another IRIS update at yahoo.kr..

I just love this capture of BH that we seldom see.. I believe it was taken for his first photobook 'LimitedBraveHuman'.. in 2004..

20080418101514663h2_101514_0.jpg

Source: http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...p;newssetid=746

Guest celina86

Oh.... My... God!

BH is finally coming back in a TV drama? :w00t: :w00t:

OMG I`m not sure how many suprises I should digest at once... it just gets better and better :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Thank you so much for the fantastic news guys :wub: :wub: *hugs*

:w00t: God I`m excited more than I ever was :w00t:

I just can`t wait to hear more about the drama and BH`s role :D :D :D

Guest jicks

HOLY BEJESUS O______o !!!!!!!!!!!! Kill me now!!!!!!

I only just managed to log on now, it's night time & I thought I was seeing things!!!!! Now I get to join in on his legion of screaming fans!!!

Byung Hun in a drama, that is awesome!!!!!! I never thought this day would come agaiN lol Best news of the day XD XD

Seems like he's really trying to challenge himself professionally... I just hope he remembers to look after himself & not push himself over the edge <3

But his body sure looks fit enough to endure it all XP

Wonder if GBW had some editing trouble? :unsure:
^The continual delay/s w/ the release of the film is frustrating but I'm kinda not shocked. The expectations are absurd for the movie so I'm positive Kim Ji Woon just wants to get it absolutely PERFECT (wouldn't wanna blemish his super impressive resume!!)

---

PS- http://img.news.yahoo.co.kr/picture/2008/h...h2_101514_0.jpg

^^I really like this pic, there's such a refreshing, genuine innocence in his eyes! :blush:

^ LOL! Celina (thanks for the YouTube clip sharing ^^).. and jicks! Don't you dare.. drop dotdotdot... we need all the fans to cheer BH in his movies and brand new series.

Can't help but agree with you about Dir. KJW.. the over-expectation and ridiculous anticipation is really overwhelming for anyone! :sweatingbullets:

--- 2 of a DIFFERENT KIND

Friday, April 18, 2008

First.. it seems like Mark Russell has the same impression on BH :blush:

I Come With the Rain

http://www.koreapopwars.com/2008/04/i-come-with-rain.html

The Twitch website has dug up a five-minute promo from Tran Ahn Hung's I COME WITH THE RAIN. Apparently they found it at Daum, but their link appears to be faster, so that is what I am using.

Judging by the promo, this could be one good-looking movie. But what makes it more relevant to me is that you get a few glimpses of the gangster being played by Lee Byung-hun.

When I talked to Lee last year, it was right just before he went to Hong Kong to shoot the film. He was in the middle of a months-long workout/ low-carb program to buff up for the role. You can see the results around the four-minute mark. :P

--- and then.. there is..

I can't believe my eyes :blink: .. seeing the ever-so-notorious Popseoul actually covering the news

Lee Byung Hun is back

http://popseoul.com/2008/04/18/lee-byung-hun-is-back/

Finally, Lee Byung Hun is coming back to brown screen after five years. He will be staring in the high budgeted drama IRIS, which is expected to air at the end of the year.

Do you think that Lee Byung Hun will live up to the $20 mil they are spending on this drama? It’s been so long since I saw All-in, that I’m not sure if he still has the magic touch. What do you think?

Guest shred

ZOMG.

this announcement is definitely going to bring me out of my lurking here in soompi :lol:

rubie, i hope you got my PM. so sorry!

describing ourselves as "excited" is definitely an understatement cos we've all been waiting for this for so long.

it's so damn good to be back, Lee Byung Hun :wub:

and like most of you here, i could care less who his leading lady or co-star is :lol:

i'm still in shock: Lee Byung Hun in a drama :w00t:

^ chula-babe!!!! HUGSSS!!!

No problem with the PM.. I've even forgotten what it's all about. LOL

There's a bigger news waiting for us.. isn't it just so awesome! :w00t:

Love your siggy message. thumbup.gif

Guest shred

(( hugs back rubie ))

i hope you ladies don't mind. i changed the thread subtitle - in anticipation of the drama.

besides, all those upcoming movie releases won't fit in the space :lol:

Suddenly there are so many updates, they have an announcement today at JOFC that they are organising a 3 day sightseeing trip to Korea, including visiting BH Entertainment Office.

They call it "Lee Byung Hun Office official tour", price -> Yen 78000 organised by Hanatour

Departing from Tokyo/Osaka in May and June :D

http://hanatour.co.jp/event/byunghun.asp

On the 2nd day of the tour, they will visit BH's office

Itinerary

1) Greeting from representative from BH's office

2) Lee Byung Hun activities update and also updates on his current schedule

3) Video message from Lee Byung Hun

4) Screening of video related to BH.

5) Viewing of exhibits from drama and movie, such as wardrobe and relate props

6) Photo taking with personalised name

7) Message to Lee Byung Hun from the camera

** Exclusive souvenir for the tour participant **

WHAT!???! :w00t: seems rubie's fave word of the day. :P

Wah.. a tour to BH Entertainment office? I'd like to go as well :rolleyes: .. like.. in my dreams. :tears: Guess this is an official package since it's announced by JOFC.

Thanks ylin for the cool update.. indeed.. so many news of BH today.. even those about ICWTR/GBW as well. :blush:

chula.. the new tagline is perfect.. couldn't be better! I'm beginning to like the title of the series, IRIS.. it's simple and very easy to remember. The shortest ever for BH's series or movies.. not counting JSA. :P I didn't quite like seeing how so many of the recent K-dramas having the exactly same title of previous drama series (like BD :sweatingbullets: ) or movies.. A Bittersweet Life.. Happiness, etc. I always get confused seeing the threads with similar names. :blink:

Btw.. we're not dreaming a BH drama.. anymore.. right? :blush:

Guest summer0323

I saw this exciting news from other place & wanted to confirm......so BH is coming back to drama?! :w00t:

So surprised to see it, ha!

Wondering who will be the co-star? :rolleyes:

:w00t::w00t::w00t:OMG!!!! OMG!!!! OMG!!!! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Are you hunnies ready for another surprise!!!! Oh my panda-heart!!! :w00t:

Our gratitude to Dumpling's cool highlight at Popseoul (the topic on 'LBH is back').. some exclusive pics of LBH as STORM SHADOW!!!!! :w00t:

And get this!!!! :w00t: He's NOT wearing a mask!!!! :w00t:

The site doesn't allow copying.. but .. you can view the pics (only 3 of BH.. with Sienna Miller.. I think).. BH is the only one wearing white.

BE PATIENT as it takes awhile to load but well worth the wait!!!!! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

CLICK THIS LINK and scroll down for the pics & click on thumbnails

http://www.wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=5103

Guest shred

i think we're all going to have a heart attack this weekend :lol:

rubie thanks for sharing the link

and my gawd, i feel like pinching myself too.

seeing the cast photos now makes it FOR REAL :w00t:

now i'm nervous bout what the critic reviews :sweatingbullets: are going to be like and how it's going to do in the box office,

must calm down :lol: