Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Guest zacey

hi all..

have been a silent reader all this while... but now so excited to hear LBH coming back... :wub: its been so long since he acted in dramas... really looking forward for the show... :P

hi all..

have been a silent reader all this while... but now so excited to hear LBH coming back... :wub: its been so long since he acted in dramas... really looking forward for the show... :P

Hi zacey! How you've been!

Hahaa.. welcome back, posting again at the thread. Don't be a lurker anymore, ok! :D

LBH & IRIS are definitely pulling all long-time enthusiasts & new fans of Byunghun back together! :lol: Hope to see more & more hunnies back at the forest again!

beyondhollywood1uj7.jpg

Lee Byung-hun in Expensive Spy Drama Series IRIS

By Nix | April 18, 2008

I don’t normally report on these limited-episode TV shows from Asia, but this one just happens to star Lee Byung-hun, is a spy thriller set in locations around the world, including the U.S., and it was developed by Kang Je-kyu, who knows a thing or two about action movies, having helmed major blockbusters like “Taegugki” and “Shiri”. And oh yeah, did I mention it’ll cost $22 million, making it easily the most expensive South Korean drama to date? All that is true, and then some.

Variety has more on the series:

Helmed by TV producer Lee Hyung-min (”Sorry, I Love You”), the series will be lensed later this year at international locations including Russia, Japan, China and U.S. The spy actioner features four main characters, but plot details have not been divulged.

High-profile production recalls elements of the ‘Korean Wave’ era only a few years ago when the country’s TV dramas and later movies drew huge auds across the whole of Asia and were licensed at sky-high prices, especially to Japan.

------------------------------

Lee Byung-hun is one busy man, with roles as Storm Shadow in the upcoming “G.I. Joe” and the Josh Harnett starrer “I Come with the Rain”, both English-speaking movies.

If you need someone to play a cool, smooth spy, Lee Byung-hun is your guy.

byunghunlee2cm0.jpg

Source: www.beyondhollywood.com

Guest Janie Simply

Oh dear, this thread is so electrifying & my eyes have been :wacko::wacko: for the past few days! Like Rubie, me couldn't nap either & feel so giddy up the whole way when the news of Iris bloomed or boomed :lol: Indeed the news have awakened so many sleepy souls :sweatingbullets:

Tks Helena for spear-heading the beautiful thread on Iris; I can tell your hands are no longer shaky :D

Kamsahamida to all LBH's hunnies for bringing in all the goodies; He is such a killer and yeah.. like Zacey, I'm here to stay :sweatingbullets:

Guest kdramafanusa

Oh dear, this thread is so electrifying & my eyes have been :wacko::wacko: for the past few days! Like Rubie, me couldn't nap either & feel so giddy up the whole way when the news of Iris bloomed or boomed :lol: Indeed the news have awakened so many sleepy souls :sweatingbullets:

Hi Janice, welcome to BH thread. :) This weekend's so amazing, it's like Christmas in April. :D

---

Japanese version of article about these actors' return to television.

ソン・スンホン、ソ・ジソプ、クォン・サンウ、イ・ビョンホン、「視聴者の皆さん!テレビでお会いしましょう」

3273_1.jpg

今までブラウン管で、なかなか見ることが出来なかった最高の韓流スターたちが、約束でもしたようにテレビに集まっている。昨年韓流スターペ・ヨンジュンがMBC『太王四神記』で突破口を開き、チソン、パク・ヨンハ、アン・ジェウク、クォン・サンウなどが相次いでテレビドラマに復帰した。これにソ・ジソプ、ソン・スンホン、イ・ビョンホンなど、そうそうたる韓流スターたちがテレビドラマカムバック作を決め、男性スター飢謹に陥っていたブラウン管に活気を吹き込んでいる。

元祖韓流スターイ・ビョンホンは、先端諜報スパイを扱ったドラマ『アイリス(IRIS)』で、5年ぶりにブラウン管復帰を宣言した。『アイリス』はテウォンエンターテイメントと、カン・ジェギュフィルムが、200億ウォンを投じる大作ドラマ。国内ドラマとしては初めての先端諜報スパイ物『アイリス』は、カン・ジェギュ監督が企画した作品らしく、緊迫感あふれる事件展開と豊かなエピソードで、視聴者に注目される予定。来年上半期の放送を目標に、全20部作として制作され今年下半期から撮影を始める。

また韓流スターソ・ジソプは、昨年4月除隊後の復帰作として『カインとアベル』を選択した。チョン・リョウォンとの共演作『カインとアベル』は、60億ウォンの制作費が投入されたブロックバスタードラマで、ソ・ジソプは両親の怨みを晴らす宿命を持った、悲劇的なキラー役を演じる。当初『王と私』の後続として放映される予定だった『カインとアベル』は、ドラマの制作が遅れている状況。『カインとアベル』は7月から撮影に入ると発表され、ソ・ジソプは今年の下半期にテレビに復活すると予想されている。

ドラマ『秋の童話』と『夏の香り』で、代表的な韓流スターの位置についたソン・スンホンは、苦心の末テレビ復帰作に『エデンの東』を選択した。250億の大作MBC『エデンの東』は、慶南陜川映像テーマパークに、45億ウォンが投入されたセットを建設して、日本、中国、香港、マカオなどアジアの主要都市で海外ロケが行われる大規模ドラマ。だが6月に放送予定だった『エデンの東』は、全般的な制作遅延で結局「放送延期」という極限措置が取られ、早ければ今年の下半期9月頃に放映される見通し。

クォン・サンウは、久しぶりのドラマ復帰作『悪い愛』で視聴率惨敗を体験した後、SBSドラマ『大物』でもう一度テレビドラマに挑戦する。俳優コ・ヒョンジョンの次期作としても話題になった『大物』は、100億ウォン台の制作費が投入される大作。このドラマでクォン・サンウは、韓国最初の女性大統領を仕立てるつばめの役を演じる。『大物』は5月初め撮影に入り、5月中旬には日本での大規模海外ロケを控えている。

このように韓流スターが、テレビドラマに次々と戻る準備を終えて、視聴者はいつもより華麗なスターの饗宴を鑑賞できると期待されている。

3273_2.jpg3273_3.jpg

3273_4.jpg3273_5.jpg

3273_6.jpg3273_7.jpg

3273_8.jpg3273_9.jpg

http://travel.innolife.net/innoreport/list...&ai_id=3273

Guest zacey

Hi zacey! How you've been!

Hahaa.. welcome back, posting again at the thread. Don't be a lurker anymore, ok! :D

LBH & IRIS are definitely pulling all long-time enthusiasts & new fans of Byunghun back together! :lol: Hope to see more & more hunnies back at the forest again!

hi rubie

:ph34r: kanna caught... :lol:

how are you?? though me lurking in the dark, i am still a firm supporter of LBH!! once a hunnie.. owae a hunnie... :blush:

Guest lilyrose

Oh my, oh my, oh my, those Storm Shadow photos are OUT OF THIS WORLD. AND he is returning to the small screen with one of the most expensive k-dramas as well? This is like sugar overload.

Thank you especially to Rubie for keeping this thread so alive. I wonder if LBh or his company has any idea how devoted a fan you are. IF they don't, they should.

these pictures were posted at this american celebrity blog site and everyone is wondering who lee byung hun is. they're like 'who is that asian guy??? so hot!' haha its really funny

tomjones, will you do us a favor and post links to one of LBH's movies--Bittersweet life--on that website? You can link to Amazon.com or something like that b/c those are easily accessible. If we do our part to spread the word, I know that Asian actors will start to get more mainstream billing, and I really think that if Bittersweet Life gets some promotion now from us, LBH will get a buzz-following b/c sadly, two kinds of Asian movies are embraced by western audiences: martial arts and horror/violent ones.

Can't wait for the drama. I like the movies and all that, but I think the best LBH work is in his dramas. That and the fact that dramas give us more eye-candy time. :blush:

butter10.gif

WELCOME to our new friends and fans to EverythingLBH!

Tks Helena for spear-heading the beautiful thread on Iris; I can tell your hands are no longer shaky :D

Kamsahamida to all LBH's hunnies for bringing in all the goodies; He is such a killer and yeah.. like Zacey, I'm here to stay :sweatingbullets:

Hello Janice! Welcome to EverythingLBH thread, what a wonderful surprise! :D

This is so cool.. everyone is anticipating the drama series, something that no one expected to be incredibly uplifting and yupyup! .. awakens sleepy hunnies everywhere. :lol:

Like a love-call! LOL!

hi rubie

:ph34r: kanna caught... :lol:

how are you?? though me lurking in the dark, i am still a firm supporter of LBH!! once a hunnie.. owae a hunnie... :blush:

Hahaa.. so cute, zacey but yup.. you've been caught! Nah.. the forest is always open to long-time hunnies.. no expiry date, whatsoever. 24-hr on the Hunnie trail. :P

So.. no more lurking.. nonono.. ^^

Oh my, oh my, oh my, those Storm Shadow photos are OUT OF THIS WORLD. AND he is returning to the small screen with one of the most expensive k-dramas as well? This is like sugar overload.

Can't wait for the drama. I like the movies and all that, but I think the best LBH work is in his dramas. That and the fact that dramas give us more eye-candy time. :blush:

Hi lilyrose! Welcome to EverythingLBH! So happy to see you here!

Btw.. you sounded so familiar :blush: like an old friend but I'm not the blurpanda for nothing :sweatingbullets: .. so.. pray tell! :lol:

Our Hunnie's awesome news and latest pics are like PURE HONEY of the best kind.

Swept by the STORM.. we're drowning.. completely.. wub2.gif

Japanese version of article about these actors' return to television.

Thanks Helena for the update.. but I'm having trouble accessing the innolife site lately. Anyone with similar problem? :mellow: Even for the article(s) posted.. the images doesn't appear.. or is it only me? :sweatingbullets:

So far, no gist on the BH Ent. article.. :rolleyes: .. :blush: .. wondering BH's thoughts and reasons for choosing IRIS. :blush:

ps: check your PM, too. ^^

23_30_125.gif Wave to ella sis. You always appear at the thread at the right moment when there is some important happening. Is it panda instinct? :lol:

Thanks Helena for the update.. but I'm having trouble accessing the innolife site lately. Anyone with similar problem? :mellow: Even for the article(s) posted.. the images doesn't appear.. or is it only me? :sweatingbullets:

So far, no gist on the BH Ent. article.. :rolleyes: .. :blush: .. wondering BH's thoughts and reasons for choosing IRIS. :blush:

ps: check your PM, too. ^^

rubie dear, I have the same problem too since after the day I got the news of hunnie going to do a drama. After that I can't access innolife any more. Same thing with starjiwoo too. Maybe it's our local connection problem because I checked with those from other countries, they can access.

Guest ellabel

^^ I heard!!! I heard!!! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Gosh!!! I'm so happy I cud cry! :tears::lol: *borderline lunatic due to BH's new drama*

Thanks to my maja chula... i heard the news of HUN-nie's new drama, Iris. I'm sure you are equally ecstatic rubes sis. ;)

........the fulfillment of our dreams, right Ching and ylin? :D

As what one said, more eye candy time for all of us. We may turn diabetic with BH's upcoming screen appearances but who cares? We can never get enough of him.

Miss all my HUN-nie sistahs here. Still toxic so i can just read this page.

Welcome... welcome to all oun new hunnie pandas.... the forest is surely buzzing or shud i say screaming.

Love to everyone. Mwah..mwah.. mwah!!! :wub:

Annyeong!!! *waves*

Guest MRS.le

A quick chime-in.... YEAY!!!

Can't wait for all this goodies... When any of his movies comes to the bay area, I'm so getting a baby-sitter and dragging my hubby to go see...

Thanks everyone for all the updates!!! :)

Wawawaaaahhhh! Ella-hunnie and MRS.le!!! :w00t: HUGHUG!

Good to see more familiar names & even more new ones at the thread. We are just so happy, aren't we.. soooo CRAZY happy! :P:lol:

LOL.. MRS.le.. you've got to get ready with a baby-sitters' list..

rubie dear, I have the same problem too since after the day I got the news of hunnie going to do a drama. After that I can't access innolife any more. Same thing with starjiwoo too. Maybe it's our local connection problem because I checked with those from other countries, they can access.

Ooo.. maybe just the two of us, huh. :mellow: But now.. the article Helena posted above.. the images all appear nicely. Maybe the connection has become normal again. Thanks Ching for the reply. Merci! ^^

Btw.. I've informed our Omma LS-Butterfly about IRIS and she's as elated as we are. :P And just now, in her email.. she mentioned IRIS would be under KBS? She's excited because those with Astro (cable tv) in Malaysia would be able to watch the series directly. However.. rubie got no cable.. sobsobsob! :tears:

But is that true.. IRIS on KBS? Anyone has further update on this? :unsure:

:sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

Please someone help..

is GBW going to Cannes.. ? There's been a couple of articles on the 'speculated' Korean film entries.. Bi Mong & GBW.. but what does it actually say?

Yay or Nay? :mellow:

No matter how I re-arrange the translation :wacko: .. blurpanda here is as blank as the blackboard.. :sweatingbullets:

2008 칸영화제 도전 한국영화들

http://www.gooddaysports.co.kr/news/?cset=...8&code=1159

--- ♥

Hello Sung-ja!!! You're here! :w00t:

Welcome to Everything Lee Byung Hun! :lol:

5 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users)

3 Members: Hyc, MRS.le, Sung-ja e Seiko

Brief translation by Hyc

2008/04/21

http://www.chosunonline.com/article/20080421000048

Lee Byung Hun "Power" stays on in Hollywood.

283719264937241347.jpg

Recently the preview trailer of French American collaboration movie ‘I Come With the Rain’ that is directed by Anh Hung Tran was opened to the public. The "Power" of Lee Byung Hun is still alive and strong as expected.

Lee Byung Hun performs a Hong Kong gang boss in this Hollywood movie ICWTR. He is praised for his unique acting skill in the scene which shows him smoking a cigarette. It is said be a shining performance.

Lee Byung Hun is currently filming Hollywood action epic, the “GI Joe” in the United States. In the second half of this year he will be filming Korean drama IRIS.

Also, in July this year his movie “The Good, the Bad, the Weird” is scheduled to be released and he is busy everyday.

Sports Chosun / Chosun Ilbo JNS

Brief translation by Hyc

2008/04/21

http://www.chosunonline.com/article/20080421000048

Lee Byung Hun "Power" stays on in Hollywood.

Sports Chosun / Chosun Ilbo JNS

WOW! What a positively power-ful article. :w00t:

Excellent sharing, Ching. Mwah!!! If the smoking scene was singled out as a shining performance.. what about the one with the hammer.. the rope.. the plastic bag.. the topless one.. whoops. :blush: That last one is the pandas exclusive fave! LOL.

But the smoking scene was also the one that showed BH conversing in English.. right. :rolleyes:

What a cool gist to read.. more POWER to our Hunnie. Byunghun-ssi, Fighting!!! :w00t:

:sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

Please someone help..

is GBW going to Cannes.. ? There's been a couple of articles on the 'speculated' Korean film entries.. Bi Mong & GBW.. but what does it actually say?

Yay or Nay? :mellow:

No matter how I re-arrange the translation :wacko: .. blurpanda here is as blank as the blackboard.. :sweatingbullets:

2008 칸영화제 도전 한국영화들

http://www.gooddaysports.co.kr/news/?cset=...8&code=1159

--- ♥

Hello Sung-ja!!! You're here! :w00t:

Welcome to Everything Lee Byung Hun! :lol:

5 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users)

3 Members: Hyc, MRS.le, Sung-ja e Seiko

I think the article mentioned about speculation of movies to be submitted to Cannes Film Festival. GBW is considered the top choice because director Kim Ji Woon’s movie BSL was chosen to be screened in 2005 Cannes Film Festival? That is what I try to guess. :lol::lol:

WOW! What a positively power-ful article. :w00t:

Excellent sharing, Ching. Mwah!!! If the smoking scene was singled out as a shining performance.. what about the one with the hammer.. the rope.. the plastic bag.. the topless one.. whoops. :blush: That last one is the pandas exclusive fave! LOL.

But the smoking scene was also the one that showed BH conversing in English.. right. :rolleyes:

What a cool gist to read.. more POWER to our Hunnie. Byunghun-ssi, Fighting!!! :w00t:

Yup, the article mentioned something about a dialogue (sounds like “manners are not good" or "It isn't well-behaved." ) before the smoking scene. But I can’t make out the exact meaning so I omitted that part in the translation. em95.gif

Guest kdramafanusa

Ooo.. maybe just the two of us, huh. :mellow: But now.. the article Helena posted above.. the images all appear nicely. Maybe the connection has become normal again.

Didn't know that you & Ching are having problems with Innolife's site. I will upload the BH's images the next time I post their articles.

I think the article mentioned about speculation of movies to be submitted to Cannes Film Festival. GBW is considered the top choice because director Kim Ji Woon’s movie BSL was chosen to be screened in 2005 Cannes Film Festival? That is what I try to guess. :lol: :lol:

Aigoo.. pandaching.. you too.. are as blurr as rubes.. huh.. huh.. :lol:

I've been checking various sources for the Cannes selection list but so far, it hasn't been posted anywhere.. probably not much longer. Just a few hours different in time zones but I sure hope the speculation will end on a high note for GBW especially.

Even as BH would still be in Cannes (assuming he'll go with the ICWTR cast/director).. it would be a double treat to see him with the GBW team as well. :mellow:

Yup, the article mentioned something about a dialogue (sounds like “manners are not good" or "It isn't well-behaved." ) before the smoking scene. But I can’t make out the exact meaning so I omitted that part in the translation. em95.gif

Could it be .. like 'I-could-not-care-less' bad attitude shown by Su DongPo? I think .. it's most likely that BH had delivered a really convincing attitude and intimidating mannerism in his portrayal.. plus the smoking scene.

Didn't know that you & Ching are having problems with Innolife's site. I will upload the BH's images the next time I post their articles.

It's ok, Helena.. we've got innolife back on again.. :D .. really appreciate the reply, but it's alright now. :blush: Must be something to do with the local connection, as Ching said.

I've just been to the site.. seems the current topic there is BH's Storm Shadow photos.

And.. elsewhere.. another highlight on our Storm Shadow

First look at Lee Byung-hun's Storm Shadow

http://k-popped.com/2008/04/first-look-at-...huns-storm.html