Jo In Sung | Zo In Sung 조인성 / Drama 2023: Moving 무빙

gm4queen

Guest sweetdecember

I am also looking for eng sub of go show".but couldnt find anywhere.if someone happen to know the link,pls share with us.thank u

Guest chokogom

@luluwannagohome - I can't wait for your translation - bally, bally.....(but only when you have time..  : ) will wait as long it takes)   8-}

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20130411000892

Zo In-sung reflects on ‘That Winter, the Wind Blows’

Published : 2013-04-11 18:03 | Updated : 2013-04-11 18:25

201304110011530.jpg

Zo In-sung’s tear-jerking scene on SBS TV drama “That Winter, the Wind Blows” grabbed many viewers’ hearts. The series recently wrapped up after maintaining the top spot in the Wednesday-Thursday TV drama time slot, and Zo played a big part in the runaway success.

The 32-year-old heartthrob showcased his acting skills for the drama series after a five-year hiatus from TV {correction: 8-year hiatus from TV. Drama 'Spring Days' broadcasted in Jan-Mar 2005 & movie 'Frozen Flowers' released in Dec 2008.}, mostly due to mandatory military service.

Notably, Zo pulled off onscreen chemistry with his counterpart, Song Hye-kyo, one of the best-known actresses in and outside of Korea.

“Not trying too hard was the success factor in my acting,” Zo said in an interview with The Herald Business, the sister paper of The Korea Herald. “If you are too self-conscious, that’s when everything starts to feel awkward.”

Zo also expressed gratitude toward his costar for delivering her lines so precisely so that he could get more absorbed in the scene. “If I am crying my eyes out on the screen, and the viewers cannot connect to my character, it would be very strange,” said Zo.

The actor, who once enjoyed fame as a fashion icon, could not help but worry about the close-up scenes while filming. He admitted he looked like an “ajeossi” (a middle-aged man in Korean) after serving in the military.

Zo said he did not care that much about how he would look, but that he needs a little more time to regain his past looks.

The actor has yet to decide on his next project, saying he needs “a break for the viewers to forget the previous role and start fresh with the new character.”

As for his ideal girlfriend in real life, the actor said he preferred “a determined woman who is willing to date a not-so-mature man.”

By Jin Eun-soo, Intern reporter
(janna924@heraldcorp.com)

Guest crazywindblower

Jo In Sung oppa you dont need to to worry about your looks coz your are so handsome even if you are at your 30's!! :x :x :x you are so charming, handsome, hot and adorable!!! i like you just the way you are!!! :x ;) :x =P~ ;):D ;;)

Hi...This is the first time I am posting in this thread although I have been a fan of JIS since 2004 when I watched him in Memories of Bali. And soon after, I watched his other dramas and movies too. TWTWB is just amazing. Even after 8 years, JIS still exude charisma and has continue to improve. Frozen Flower, though quite daring, I find him very very bold to accept the role. 
I found an old documentary clip on JIS in YT. Hope someone can translate for us :)
Click

phoenix

Guest luluwannagohome

Just finished my midterm. Will start the long journey of translation after a nap.^^
OMG. WHY can he look so fine in that kinda super super short hair?!! Are you watching, other actors??
According to his interviews, I believe IS has no will to do another drama soon. Maybe it won't happen in a few years.He's always positioned himself as a movie actor (there is this kinda categorization in korea). And he did have many critically acclaimed movies.
I'm gonna hold my thoughts on 'Martial Art'. It kinda holds IS back in the past two years, I have to admit. But I believe IS has his own reason waiting for this movie. The director Park Kwang Hyun is a genius. I respect his choice to stick to it or move on to another project. He's gonna challenge himself for a completely fresh role like he always does. For that, I'm sure. I'm so happy that almost every single project of his is of great quality. He has good taste in script-picking.

Guest chokogom

@jyj.lover - omg...I'm going to stare at that first pic until the image is burnt into my brain!!! He looks so angelic ... I know I say this a lot but it's sooooo tempting to kiss my screen.... The urge is there every time I see his face!! Oh my goodness, what has JIS done to me..... I suppose it's no good asking if there is a dr in here cos I'm sure if it's a she, she is suffering the same condition..... b-( @-) 8-}

Guest sunshine4ever

@phoenix81, yay, so awesome to hear that you have been knowing Insung since WHIB and have decided to talk. :) I love him in WHIB, too. :) Hope to see more of you around. Unfortunately there aren't any Korean fans around here so probably there won't be a lot of translations for those videos without subs. But thank you for sharing them.

@kdramafanusa, thank you so much for telling me that time of the picture. He looked awesome in white.

@luluwannagohome, thank you very much in advance for your translations. luluwannagohome, do you go to TWTWB Baidu? I think this is a new news about Insung. Is it one of the duplicate news from here to Insung's Baidu, too? http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2254455030 By the way, thanks so much for the link for WHIB year-end award.

In an interview, Joo Won stated that the reason  Level 7 rating decreases was mainly because of That Winter.He said "There are many reasons why the ratings decrease but we are competing with That Winter,it's so interesting. Once i watched That Winter with Choi Kang Hee noona,Jo In Sung and Song Hye Kyo seniors are really handsome and pretty.This drama has much more close ups than others,just watching the two of them makes me feel that times really flies.I can't even compare my looks with them,maybe i am too ugly (laugh)."

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2263731730

Thank you to Khxy

hi sunshine4ever, yup, I can't believe it's been 9 years. But throughout all the years, there were and are many actors that I came to appreciate as well thus I won't say I am a crazy fan of JIS. I do admire him a lot in terms of his acting and his personality (I got to know he is a cheerful and great guy from all those BTS from Memories of Bali and then recently because of TWTWB, I read more of his articles and interviews and watched more of his other BTS, I realized, he is indeed a very good person at heart). Another thing is, he keep in touch with most of his co-star and is very supportive of them. Those who have worked with him before always have good things to say about him. Even the mom who acted as his mother in Memories of Bali has many times expressed openly how she likes JIS. Yes, I do understand there are not many who will able to do translation. What a pity as his interviews, articles and videos are so precious.

It's been 8 years since i last saw him in a drama and TWTWB really really make me reminiscent about his past projects. Moreover, I could see how much progress he has made. His emotions here in TWTWB were much more controlled and his gaze more intense and mature as compared to his previous dramas where he usually have a lot of strong outburst (not in a bad way, don't misunderstood me).

Frozen Flower is one piece of art. I do admit i was a little uncomfortable watching it but i can't deny that his acting was superb there. The King and Ji-Hyo as well :)

I don't usually post in any thread in Soompi but at times I would like to express some emotions in me, more so after TWTWB. My heart is still unwilling to let go of OS and OY but I take comfort that they have a happy ending (although I wish it would be longer coz they went thru 16 episodes of pain and suffering but we only get to see 10 minutes of those loveliness as couple as opposed to earlier when OY thought OS was her brother). TWTWB might be labelled as a tearjerkers but I like the fact that both JIS and SHK didn't make it so mushy or dramatic. They gave just the right amount of emotions which somehow make this drama smooth, pleasant yet tugging at my heart. Their love declaration for each other was very honest and painful unlike other melodrama where there were a lot of shouting and banging of things, hehee!!!

To all who has been JIS fans from the beginning or the new ones, let's enjoy the ride of success with JIS-sshi. Let's have an enjoyable time knowing what an awesome actor and person he is.

PS: Sorry for the long rambling. I felt so much joy reading all your posts that I also wanted to share my thoughts too....

***Hehehe – maybe this is his signature pose.:))

Jo In Sung cannot take his hands out of his mouth

Jo In Sung is a total thumbsucker. And then some. This guy is photographed with his fingers in his mouth way too often. Let’s explore.

Exhibit A:

45esCh_Jo-In-Sung-trugen

Exhibit B:

263103_223266317697152_1480538_n

Exhibit C:

eb0810080044

Exhibit D:

images

Exhibit E:

Jo In Sung

Exhibit F:

Jo_In_Sung_050033

Exhibit G:

jo_in_sung_whisen_cf_111226_2

Got some more? Let’s make a whole collection! Send us your favorite pics!

@evanrosskatz

source : DramaFever

Guest sunshine4ever

jyj.lover said: Some new pics of IS oppa, he's gorgeous as always  :x  :x  Suspenders were never hot like this until IS wore them :x 
 I love his pant
 cred to weibo :x :x

Guest luluwannagohome

[interview③] Jo In Sung Interview (Part III)

Cr: ohmystar

Chinese trans:Emily-kim & 尴尬icy@insungchina.com

English trans:luluwannagohome@soompi.com

Please take with full credit.

*I’m trying my best to keep the original flavor of JIS’s words because he is sometimes a very profound speaker.

Jo In Sung’s ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’ withdrawal symptoms; Hye Kyo thought about retirement

“I hugged Kim Bum and Hye Kyo at the farewell dinner and thanked them. I believe during acting, you have certain ambition at certain time, but you also need to completely refrain yourself from even thinking about stealing the scene at other times. Actors have mutual respect and modesty towards one another. And with the thought of ‘I’m popular because of you’, we give the credit to others.”

Unlike those vague compliments actors always say to others, Jo In Sung’s are genuine and sincere. I remember Song Hye Kyo and Kim Bum saying the same when we met. Indeed, the uniqueness of this drama crew became a hot topic during its broadcast. Jo In Sung said, “Hye Kyo grabbed the microphone and thanked everyone during the farewell dinner, she even added, ‘it’s because of Oh Soo, I can show a good performance, thank you.’ I really appreciate what she said, and I want to thank her as well. I hugged Kim Bum after the final episode.”

Semi-preproduction system, pleasure of production

Where does that uniqueness come from? Jo In Sung attributed to the different production environment it has from other dramas. Unlike other dramas that have intense filming sessions all the time, ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’ started its preparation and production long before its broadcast. All the staffs, crew and the actors shared the same attitude of good teamwork. Jo In Sung explained that with this common attitude, the whole production team was motivated to cooperate more closely.

“We did have late-night filming, just much less often than other mini-series. But there’s something subtle about the ‘semi-preproduction method’. On one hand, we had the joy in production, that’s for sure. On the other hand, ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’ is in between a movie and a drama in terms of production. It’s a brand new feeling for me.”

Just like writing an article, when you need to add on to the lacking and remove the excess, ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’ had its reshoot process as well. Actors needed to be available for reshoot anytime when some unsatisfactory scenes were noticed. Jo In Sung confessed, “When we meet some unsatisfactory scenes, we shoot a few more times, and review them together. If they still come out undesirable, we reshoot again. It’s because of such cycle, we are able to see a project with this high level of completion. So I think this is a project that I have few regrets at.”

“We had a lot of episodes ready before broadcast. We were actually filming for episode 8 and 9 when episode 1 and 2 were airing. I’d say it’s a drama with few loopholes. Though my problems are easy to spot, and there were some unsatisfactory things on my side, with the help of such production method and the cooperation of actors, my mistakes were seen less obvious. I think it’s a successful case of complementarity.”

“It seems that Song Hye Kyo has a switch for tears.”

Jo In Sung and Song Hye Kyo acted as Oh Soo and Oh Young in the drama. Both of them struggled to escape the abandonment and loneliness they felt. As both the actors were allowed enough time to merge into their roles, they left deep impression to the viewers with their characters. It’s going to take a while for the viewers and actors to bid farewell to this drama as they cry and laugh along with the characters. “Hye Kyo once said, ‘Should I retire from acting?’ And I considered whether to rest a few years first.”

“I think viewers know clearly when watching my scenes with Hye Kyo. I’m extremely thankful to her. It’s because of her, I become popular. She gave all the credits to me, saying she did well because of me. I’m really grateful and thankful to her. I don’t say this for the sake of civilities, but because I do sincerely feel this way. Thank you so much. We can always feel the care we have for each other on the set. It could be a little depressing if both actors don’t share mutual care during a drama shooting. But there’s no problem for us since we know we have mutual respect and care for each other. So please stop the misapprehensions.” After I mentioned Song Kye Kyo’s comment on him, ‘Jo In Sung knows how to express emotions better than many actresses’ to him, and delivered Song Hye Kyo’s question, Jo In Sung smiled again.

“She’s probably the one who cries the best among all the actresses I know. She has a kind of switch for tears. For me, my tears just drop down my face. But her tears can roll down slowly across. Song Hye Kyo asked me ‘Are you happy this winter?’ please tell her ‘as much as you do.’” (Laugh)

Guest luluwannagohome

Oppa so many awards!!! O_O
Oppa seemed to get recognition for his acting in an early age, I'm so happy!!
@willenette I NOTICED THAT TOO!!!! So sexy, dont you think? Awww...