Jo In Sung | Zo In Sung 조인성 / Drama 2023: Moving 무빙

gm4queen

Guest crazywindblower

OMG, he looks so handsome is those military uniform!!! i am now inlove with him!!! :x :x :x :\"> he is the most handsome korean actor in military uniform that i have ever seen! i am drooling now,hahaha.. =P~ =P~ =P~ :x :D :\">

Guest marshmelliey

if he didnt turned out to be an actor, he's definitely should be a pilot instead  :x
he got that swagger jagger moves with him haha  =))
PS: JO IN SUNG FOR THE PRESIDENT ^:)^

@sunshine4ever and @chinjaru, I've just finished watching AFF. 

I closed my eyes most of the times! But not in the bed scenes.  =)) I couldn't handle more the blood, the fighting scenes, the stabbing of swords. JIS was such a "pretty boy" in this film. He's even more good looking than the queen. But I symphatize in his character here. It was really sad to be put in his shoes. There were times when I got bored (mostly in the middle part). But overall it was good. Of course, the cinematography is excellent! I was also taken with Jo Jin-Mo's acting. He was so believable! The softness in his expressions, but sometimes I am frighted to look at him, especially in the latter part.

Anyway, I like JIS more in TWTWB. He's more manly there. And I think getting older agrees on him. He has this certain aura 
and that sex appeal that he exudes. He really portrayed Oh Soo so well that I have fallen in love with his character. How he used his eyes is exceptional! I can see so many emotions there! And his crying scenes are so heartbreaking that I am afraid I couldn't have the heart to watch again those parts. I also love his Love Gaze there!   :\">

I've yet to watch A Dirty Carnival but I need to save it for next week or next month. I think I exceeded my quota for sadness and depressive shows, films and feelings this past 2-3months. 

*Sorry, i don't know how to use spoiler tag here. Please coach me. so that I may be able to hide my comments above. Thanks in advance.

Guest chokogom

To everyone here, thank you for continuing to give a most wonderful gift....thank you for giving me ( and all of us in his fandom ) a piece of JIS. Reading all his interviews, we all feel we know him a bit better, we all love him more deeply and our hearts are continually bursting with pride...... If I forget to tag awesome, lol or make a special comment to each of you who contributed...know that I always mean to.....

Guest luluwannagohome

Jo In Sung, ‘Flower Boy’ celebrity who you want to watch flowers with, No.1

Cr:스포츠조선

Chinese trans:稀稀 @Song Joong Ki baidu tieba

English trans: luluwannagohome@soompi.com

With the warm weather of the spring, flowers start to blossom across the country. Most of ladies in their 20s-30s want to go out and watch flowers with actor Jo In Sung.

514 female customers who visited a shopping mall lately were surveyed with the question ‘which celebrity do you want to go watch flowers with?’ 82% (411) chose actor Jo In Sung to be the No.1, who’s lately enjoying massive popularity with the hit drama ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’. Actor Song Joong Ki followed with 14%(72).

Actor and actress you want to visit cherry blossom festival with the most – Jo In Sung, Song Hye Kyo 

Cr:sports.hankooki

Chinese trans:那年冬天1010

English trans: luluwannagohome@soompi.com

An online survey targeting jobseekers and office workers was conducted on a portal site from March 22nd to April 8th. A total of 322 people were surveyed.

The result shows, actor Jo In Sung and actress Song Hye Kyo were chosen as No.1.

Those two are gaining tremendous amount of support due to the success of their drama, ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’. Jo In Sung, who showed exceptional acting in the drama, gained 51.5% of supports, making it a landslide win. Second went to Ha Jung Woo, and So Ji Sub came in third.

Among actresses, Song Hye Kyo, who showed promising acting as a visually impaired, won with 27.8% of the votes. Park Bo Young came in second with 25%, followed by Han Hyo Joo with 22.2%.

Guest jjsweeter0211

yoyo201304081953040.jpgyoyo201304081953042.jpghttp://news.nate.com/view/20130409n03019

20130408003210_0.jpg20130408002952_0.jpg20130408003047_0.jpg

http://news.nate.com/view/20130408n35776

kwonmj333201304082042110.jpg

http://news.nate.com/view/20130408n34924

Guest luluwannagohome

[interview②] Jo In Sung, ‘A guy who doesn’t like acting’ is a misconception

Cr: ohmystar

Chinese trans:思咪大@insungchina.com

English trans:luluwannagohome@soompi.com

Please take with full credit.

*I’m trying my best to keep the original flavor of JIS’s words because he is sometimes a very profound speaker.

From dramas ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’, ‘Spring Day’, ‘What Happened in Bali’ to movie ‘A Dirty Carnival’, actor Jo In Sung keeps showing us his growing charm as a lonely man. But when I met him outside the interview venue, he looked very cheerful, as opposite to many of his roles. He lowered his head down a little to cater to my height, and stopped from time to time to ensure closer attention to my questions. He had many cheerful and warm smiles, and answered many of my questions with a quick wit.

When I was about to pass on my impression of him to him, he quickly added, ‘charming? Not stupid, right?’ Though I shouted thousand times in my heart, ‘of course, very charming. Not stupid.’ I swallowed my words at last, to create a more comfortable and relaxed ambiance for discussing the differences between the ‘Actor Jo In Sung who’s always unsatisfied with his teenage year in movies’ and the ‘true Jo In Sung who’s bright and warm-hearted’.

“Jo In Sung’s healing”: feel healed somehow after sincere talks with close friends

-In ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’, Oh Soo received so much comfort from Oh Young. Is there someone like this in real life?

“Of course. There must be someone like that. But, it may bring some inconvenience to those people if I make them known to the public. I’ve talked about one of them so many times in the past. He was my Taekwondo coach who had passed away. He was my mentor and friend in high school. I was not allowed to drink as a high school student back then. But my parents wouldn’t be bothered if I drank with him. He gave me endless influence and guidance in my teenage years when I tended to lose temper easily.”

-So what do you do when you feel stressed? 

I normally won’t stay alone if that happens. I’ll call out friends who live nearby, preferably the close ones, because they know me better. The structure of the entertainment industry is no different from that of a society. I have close friends in my social network. So I find some of them, have an open and sincere talk, then I’ll have ease of mind. Later, have a nice sleep at home. That’s how I heal myself. (Laugh~~kkkkk)

“I can ease my anxiety all by myself if I want to, but it’s okay to make use of your friendship, because they use me as well. (Laugh) It’s only 5 to 10 minutes walking distance. Isn’t that great? Ki Bang* is my best friend. He loves to dress himself up well when he has a girlfriend. (Laugh) He was once known for being handsome, with a nickname of ‘Aerobic Pants’. (Referring to Ki Bang’s affection towards tight pants and jackets.)”

-Though friends are good, receiving comfort from family is another good way. Any thought on marriage? 

“To be honest, I am at the right age for marriage. Actually, I thought about it many times. Whom will I marry to? A man is a kid from the very beginning to the end of his life. My mother always says this to me and my father, ‘I brought up three sons! (JIS has a younger brother.)’ I think this is how a man is seen. (Laugh hard)”

“About my other half.. I don’t want to find someone who is older than me. I want the girl who holds me tight no matter how far I go. It’ll be the best if I can lean on her sometimes. I’m expecting to fall in love with a woman who loves me and whom I can give all my heart to. (Laugh) Cha Tae Hyung hyung once told me to hurry up and get married. Marriage is too good! So, I hope I can get married before 40 years old.”

“A line from Monk Haemin hit my heart and inspired me.”

-A man funny and humerous like you, seems to only show manhood in your projects. Is it because the audience loves to see this kind of image?

“I didn’t pick my projects to intentionally show manhood only. I’ve always wanted to get rid of the common constraints for actors, even if they are tiny. But how to show I have tried? That is why I chose ‘A Frozen Flower’. But there are many works in that genre as well. And the same goes to romantic comedy. Cha Seung Won, Im Chang Jeong sunbaes and Cha Tae Won hyung are all doing more than great in romcom. It’ll leave me dangerous if I try, because I’ve never done one, and I may be seen as excessive for this genre.”

“So, when I start to look from another angle, I figure I have to pay more attention to my cheerful personality. I embeded a bit happiness of mine into A Dirty Carnival, Spring Day, What Happened in Bali and this project. I expressed my own personality while I did that. If not, I think Oh Soo may emerge as a even more tragic and heavy character.”

“In order to do a romantic comedy, I think I have to possess the ability of making audience laugh with me which all those sunbaes do well at. But I’m not confident of doing good comedy acting like Choi Kang Hee sunbae nim. I lack the experience. So all I can do is just to implanting a little of my true personality into the drama, making people realize, ‘Ahh, this is the color of Jo In Sung!’ I truly have no confidence in romance and comedy drama. (Laugh hard)”

-After your military discharge, you said on a talk show that ‘It seems I don’t like acting that much.’ Have you changed your mind?

“I once had the misconception that I’m not a guy who likes acting. Because unlike most of actors who put their hearts and souls into their acting career, I’m not. I’m not a prolific actor. Reason being, I’m tired. It’s highly impossible if you ask me to do another project this year. I can’t, I need to live my life as well. That’s why I once concluded to the misconception that I don’t like acting that much.”

“However, I read a line recently which inspired me a lot. It’s a line from Venerable Monk Haemin’s book ‘Thank You’, ‘You may feel unsettling when think about the future, but if you are having a fulfilling present, that feeling will never come to you.’ For me, I am satidfied and happy about my present. I have great laughs on the set, and I’m very happy. Among all the staffs and crew, my job is to act. All I have to do is cooperating with every single person on the set, do my acting and have a joyful experience. And I’m more than delighted to do this right now, so I realized that is a misconception I have about myself not like acting that much.”

-Why would you ever have that thought? Is it due to the pressure?

“I feel pressurized from the critics made by fellow workers in the industry. So I want to invest more time and passion into my projects. Slowly, acting turns out to be a bit less enjoyable than it was before. But it is a completly pleasant feeling if I think about what kind of mood I should bring into acting. Well, I’m very satisfied with the result of this drama. I guess it’s going to be hard to meet a project like ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’ again. But of course, I hope I can. (Laugh)”

Ambition to advance overseas? “I’m a ‘Local Actor’.”

Perhaps, for Jo In Sung, ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’ added a pair of strong wings on his back. And now, all we can expect is to see him soaring into the sky. The best moment of the interview was when the actor mentioning his keen will to try out projects under different genres. His eyes sparkled when he said he wanted to try something unique. Lately, many stars announced their plans to produce their own projects. Jo In Sung had a different thought. He told me that he’ll probably produce, but acting in it may be difficult, unless the character is too good to say no to.

-So you must have a different plan for your next project as well? 

“Well, I think a drama is definitely a NO. I’ve done ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’ this year, if I continue with another drama, it’ll be aired during winter again, won’t it? So, I think it’s going to be a movie. I miss movie badly.”

-Is Oh Soo the reason why you’ll keep away from drama?

“I think I need a while to let go Oh Soo, I believe the viewers need to take the same amount of time. Their hearts must still be hanging there for him. If I say I’ve already let go Oh Soo, and appear again (in another drama), people may be reminded of Hye Kyo, or even ‘What Happened in Bali’. I can’t control that. Thus, just as much time as you guys need, I need time to settle and enjoy the aftertaste as well. And I think I’ll give a stop sign to melodrama for now. Not many actors have done many melodramas. I don’t think I can do it neither.”

-In recent years, a lot of stars are having overseas activities. Do you have the same thought, if by any chance?

“Maybe I’ll pick up some opportunities, but I’m a ‘Local Actor’. (Laugh) Very talented and well-rounded people like Hye Kyo can go for overseas activities. I’m satisfied if I can keep having great projects, and receiving love from the viewers in Korea. There must be actors who cater to koreans fans, right? I think actors with awesome language skills can embark on overseas activities. Like Hye Kyo, who is good at English and Chinese. Well, I’m not that kind of actors. I lack in language skills, I need to brush up my korean even. (Laugh hard)”

*: Actor Kim Ki Bang is Jo In Sung’s best friend since middle school, and was once his assistant.

Guest junely2s

i am so curious and wanted to know if In Sung has a girlfriend right now? that is why he and SHK is avoiding the rumorsand stated as only friends. they have great chemistry onscreen and offscreen. so if they both are single, and compatible why he is not stepping up to ask her out? because i know in one of SHY interviews, she said even if she likes that person, she wouldn't let that person know. so if JIS really admires her and like her, he should step up as a man.

he is mentioning marriage now, so is he indicating he is seeing someone right now? i just hope they are secretly seeing each other and one day we all will see them together in the street or some place for vacation together.

I am really hoping they will be like Jang dong gun and his wife, where they were good friends for years and meet up one day again and fell in love, and realizing they have feelings for each other.

Guest crazywindblower

i love JIS interviews, he answers straight to the point and with sense.. :) i hope he will be more visible now on tv, movies and news and will get lots of cf's, since he made a great comeback in TWTB where in netizens admired him more as an actor.. =D> ;)

even if he is in his 30's, God he looks so handsome! more handsome i may say! :x :x he looks blooming and radiant,are you inlove and inspired oppa? :D :x :)

yeah,i also wonder why all of a sudden he became vocal on marriage, is it because you think you have found her already? is it SHK? hehehe :x :\"> :-?

Guest jjsweeter0211

class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 12px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 12px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform: none; letter-spacing: -1px; "A Pink’s Eunji continues to show her love for ‘Wind Blows In Winter’ co-star Jo In Sung

sjmao201304091637120.jpg

A Pink‘s Eunji continued to show her love for her ‘Wind Blows In Winter‘ co-star Jo In Sung during a recent filming for SBS‘ ‘Incarnation‘.

Eunji shared how she was surprised by Jo In Sung’s real-life personality, revealing, “Jo In Sung is such a caring guy. When I first heard I was going to act with him, I created a distance because he was a person I only saw on TV.”

“Because In Sung oppa is such a top star, I thought that it would be hard to start a conversation with him. But he would always greet me and start a conversation with me first on set. I even opened up to him about my concerns in terms of acting, which he could have forgotten about. He didn’t, and after thinking about it, he had a 1:1 counseling session with me.”

Eunji also revealed the behind-the-scenes story about her kiss scene with Kim Bum on the show.

Catch this episode later today at 11:10 PM KST!

http://www.allkpop.com/2013/04/a-pinks-eunji-continues-to-show-her-love-for-wind-blows-in-winter-co-star-jo-in-sung

Guest kikay14

@sunshine4ever I love JIS in his military pics, he's still gorgeous even without make up!  I finished WHIB but I don't think i'll make a rewatch sometime soon.  I'm hoping someone could give me a link to watch to shoot for the stars (not in dramafever).  I really want to see it cause it looks good when I saw the youtube mv.
Thanks to @ayronics, @kdramafanusa, and @luluwannagohome for the news and updates, @jjsweeter0201 for the awesome pics.  I'm actually backreading this forum that's why I'm MIA in TWTWB thread and I saw some cute pics of JIS.  Hope it's okay to repost it, as a lot of fans like me who are new in this forum.  Waves hello to @ulap @chinjaru...nice to see you here!  

I think this picture was during Piano days (2002) , so it's been 11 years!  I love his smile here!16de54fa072e92869f5146a9.jpg4ba331e95e0c0832b80e2daa.jpg

8fe739234895774d9358071c-1.jpg

I LOVE THIS PIC!  His side profile is really perfect!  The most perfect profile I've seen among korean stars!P1020656.jpg

And this one is the cutest!  i LOVE HIM HERE!insungothers1ra6.jpg

credit to:  previous posters (sorry I forgot to get your names 
^:)^  )