• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lizzy_han

han hyojoo is 1987?!

dangg~ that's pretty young. O_O;;

i didn't know that misha was 20 either. >.<

Guest for3v3rlost

i think it's because hollywook stars put tone of make up on their face all the time. It make them look older then they really are..

• 4 weeks later...
Guest butwal

jang nara looks far more younger than her actual age....oh bless her she has got cute baby face..love her a lot :)

Guest prettykorean07

but hollywood stars actually try really hard to look "mature" - makeup, clothes etc. korean celebs in their early twenties try hard to look innocent and childlike/cute.

that's true tho...i read that someone wrote that it's not good to look younger than or age or somethign like that...perosnally i disagree...i feel sorry for some of the lil kids around here who are only 12 or 13, and already they try to act like 20 years old...personally, i think acting WAYYYY older than your age is a lil on ><;; side....i mean, yeah i understand that acting WAYYYY younger than your age isn't good too, but...still...i mena, i act younger than my age too, but that's only cuz my face doesn't fit my age...ya know????

Guest System1430291513

Even if some of the Korean actresses look younger in the photos most of the American celebrities still look better -__- more classier

but always trying to look "mature" or older isnt a great thing either.

given, korean standards are aimed more toward younger looking women,

i know so many girls in america who are 12-15 who want to dress,

do makeup, act like 18/21 year olds. it's creepy.

i do think American celebrities look classy,

but many korean stars do as well.

i prefer how most (not all) koreans do not usually pack on the makeup,

and go for a more natural approach.

most american stars seem to cake on the foundation and etc.

i think it may have to be how orientals are raised.

my mom always tells me to wear sunscreen on my face all the time,

try to stay away from the sun,

eat a lot of healthy food, and such.

most dont TRY to look younger,

but through all the things they were taught to do,

they just end up looking younger.

it's not a matter of TRYING to look as young as possible.

there is also a famous mother mohm jjang (a person with a great body) who is over 40 (i forgot her name),

but she still looks 30ish- not because of botox/surgery. she's very fit because

she exercises all the time and has all these precautions about being in the sun too much.

i like it how oriental stars try to preserve their youth,

and i'm not implying i like seeing 40 year olds act like their 20,

but i'd rather see a woman who looks younger than her age,

than a woman who is way much older than she looks.

i'm not trying to be a bigot or anything.

i love maria, kiera, and hilary <3

Guest hulie-oh

In the US, celebs (as well as society) seem to like the more mature look... so I don't really see what the big deal is.

Guest L0VE_LYNNA

its all in american vs. asian [korean] perspective.

American... if you look young... you wont be that successful... because american's are looking for hot and sexy...

i think korean's tend to look for cute... and adorable... and natural =]

Guest kiwi

this is because most whites want to look mature (by putting on lots of makeup) and old whereas most asians like to look young/cute/innocent etc.

This is probably why whites tend to look older than their age when they dont wear makeup because they've worn makeup at a young age and makeup can make you look really old when you get older.

Guest fershizzul

um. wow.

ohkay.

hollywood stars look older.

its cause of the makeup and stuff. that accounts for 70 percent of it.

Guest *sOo.RiM.eE*

many factors need to be taken into account for why asians in general look younger than caucasians. the asian celebrities have a different style of dress, food and most importantly genetics... with ALL of that takin into account, asians in general look SOO much younger. trust me. when i moved to a new school my junior year, everyone thought i was a freshman. they said if i wasnt at this highschool they would have thought i was a in jr. high!!! but strangely enough to koreans i looked my age. >.< but if you look at asian americans b/c of the american food, influence., and most importantly MAKEUP they look a WHOLE lot younger. but yes in general asians do look younger in general. even though its annoying A LOT, i guess when i get older ill appreciate it more. ^.^

I have no idea, i don't know wether asians age slow because my sister looks more mature than she is. Because han hyo joo look quite mature, i thought she would be at age around 24 when i first saw her.

I think it's probably on how you take care of your skin and i generally think than western people wears too much makeup, that makes their face look mature.

Guest illumine*

that definitely is shocking.

then again, it might be the makeup.

koreans (or asians) tend to go for that natural look.

caucasians go for the dramatic look = more makeup.

Archived