Ages of Korean stars vs. Hollywood stars

Guest saranghae

Guest pandoras0nymph

asians are blessed...esp. chinese,korean and richard simmons.. coz they look younger theyre babyface

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest g1nny

dang. the asian celebs look like babies

they have the innocent look

and the american celebs have the seductive, sexy look

i think its partly due to the makeup

Guest snoopy

damn. at first i didn't know that the girl was hilary duff. she looks so freakin old! whatever happened to her cuteness when she was filming Lizzie McGUire?!

& the only one that kind of shocked me was the JANG NARA comparison! i mean like DAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!

Guest RainFan4ever

ok..i ain't gonna say nuthin thing some of the age comparing seem kinda shocking to me!...

Guest chubzzy

emma watson looks young. she looks her age.

other hollywood celebs does look older. generally asians tend to look younger

Guest yum yum dimsum

:sweatingbullets: glad im asian.. 16 forever yuhoo! :phew: hahaha!!

keira knightley, scarlett johansson, lindsay lohan and mischa barton does not look their age...

Guest dotty

go ara looks pretty in the pic. she doesnt look 90-er as well, haha, but def younger looking than emma watson

there's this tendency for young hollywood starts to look mature least they become non-marketable

Guest wee33

i think americans tend to dress more maturer and sexier than asians. asians are usually dressed up all cute and stuff.

Guest pel1300

LOL @ people thinking this has anything to do with "aging" when these girls are all around 19-21.

Guest justjenn.

They should compare Monica Belluci(42 years old) to um.....oh wait theres no such thing as a leading actress in Korea who is over 40.

I thought this thread was gonna be about how Hollywood actresses tend to be so much older than korean ones.

How many popular korean actresses are over 30? Choi Ji Woo and.....umm.......Choi ji woo???

I'd say about half of the leading actresses in Hollywood are over 30.

Koreans really need to change their standards about women and age. Nowadays, women at 30 years don't look so much different from in their mid 20s.

Um....actually there are a lot of leading actresses over 30. I don't have names since I'm bad in remembering Korean names, but I have faces and ages.

I totally agree with you.

People have to realize that younger is not always better.

My cousins who are 12 and 13 would rather look younger than older ... it's ridiculous!

Actually I saw it on some random Korean tv that most young people I am talking people who are younger than 16 like hearing..."oh you look so young!" Something's wrong with Korean culture.

well having said that I don't think it's good to try too hard to look mature when you are not... like wearing tons of makeup.... Why can't people just appreicate the way they are in present?

I have to disagree with you. I went to Korea many times and girls who are younger want to look older like Hyori or all glamorous. I went to a high school there and that's what they say. And the person of this topic picked stars who are known for their childish innocent cute looks. There are tons of celebrities that go after the glamourous mature look.

I don't want to look through every post, but Asia isn't all about the "cute" and "innocent" appearance anymore. Stars are getting hotter and more glamorous. I think caucasians have a beauty asians can't have and asians have a beauty caucasians can't have. It's just not really possible to compare. And shouldn't even need to compare who is the more beautiful race, I mean these are completely different kinds of people.

About the young looking thing, besides the fact you chose only cute looking actresses, most asians can stay young looking for a long time. Not like underaged young, but facial appearance wise. There was a study that asians don't wrinkle as easy as caucasians and so forth. And you also have to mind the food.

Guest fabshelly

I know a ton of Asian women who cake on loads of makeup.

I know many white women, including myself, who look younger - much - than their age. People freak out on the rare occasion I admit to my years. Thank God in America you don't have to tell every Tom, richard simmons and Harry your age!

The baby thing was big in the 90s in the USA, til society realized that it was encouraging pedophaelia. That's why the pedophiles are so into Asian stuff now, 'cause it's not acceptable here.

Unfortunately, it's done a 180 and you can't go into a children's clothing store without finding a bunch of stuff that's barely appropriate for a prostitute, let alone a pre-teen girl. My pre-teen girl wears boys' clothes. She likes them, too.

Guest cinnamoroll

ahhh wow~ but i think asia's "style" is to purposely look young. not like CHILDISH young but you know what i mean. and western style is the older mature look. =T

i agree.

a lot of kids when they're young in western culture can't WAIT til they're older.

so they dress older.

and look older.

and maybe it's opposite in asia

for the ones that want to stay young, they dress young.

and look younger.

i dont know

but i say hilary and keira and scarlett all look their age, and they're all beautiful.

i would comment on the cute korean actresses too, but i dont know who they are X__X (ie. if i saw more pictures or their movies or whatnot, i would be able to say something about their looks+age)

Archived