Jessica H.o.

Guest xBoobyx

Guest Aerolite

Okay, I'll admit that how she treated the Uptown situation was way out of hand.

But after reading her comment to SM Stephanie and mentioning "BoA's gay"...I think you guys are taking things too literal? Yes, she does need to learn more respect and find a better choice of words, but she probably doesn't mean the way it seems. It's just the way she tries to act ghetto (i.e. "Wuzzup biatchhh" = "Sup girl!" LOL).

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lowdown4155

Okay, I'll admit that how she treated the Uptown situation was way out of hand.

But after reading her comment to SM Stephanie and mentioning "BoA's gay"...I think you guys are taking things too literal? Yes, she does need to learn more respect and find a better choice of words, but she probably doesn't mean the way it seems. It's just the way she tries to act ghetto (i.e. "Wuzzup biatchhh" = "Sup girl!" LOL).

Too literal?... I don't think so, she's said worse things than "Boa's gay" more than once. So, nice try but I don't buy it. She means what she says which is fine, because she is entitled to her opinion.

How did she become a singer anyway?

She sent in demo tapes to serveral Entertainment companies, and according to her bestfriend Kahee, they all liked her and she chose to sign with Doremi.

Guest eidolon.

I saw the topic and I came in to make a reply but I see you've already edited your post.

She specifically told my friend this is TEMPORARY.

-jjs

Guest L0Lanna

aww what happen to T ?!?! i love that girl!!! hope she's doing well

woow.. interesting..

Guest a l l u r E*

When she met Boa last summer, I remember her saying that Boa was really nice to her and could sing well. Then later she started saying that Boa is a "fob" and is "talentless." I think Jessica sees Boa as competition so she thinks badly of her now.

Even if she considers Boa as competition, I don't think Jessica can ever become as famous as her. No offence -_- but gl to her anyways.

Guest sweet_pai

I don't listen to her music, but i really think her attitude amuses me. Also because she's a new yoker too. i give props to fellow NY folks.

Guest jaye

I'm kind of relieved that Jessica Ho isn't the "new Uptown girl". Kind of bummed that Tasha's not coming back though.

As for the comments that she left to everyone who misunderstood about the whole collab with Uptown..

Obviously she was a little annoyed about the miscommunication at the time (which is completely understandable), but at the same time, it should be obvious that saying stuff like that at any time, regardless of the situation, is potentially damaging to a celebrity's image and career. ESPECIALLY within the Korean music industry of all things! Hello? Korean netizens sound familiar much? :crazy:

At first, I viewed her rather 'sassy' response as a casual one-on-one response to her fans. There's a distinctive difference in politeness and mannerism in Korean culture versus American culture; it's much more prevalent for Americans to joke around and call friends (or in this case, Jessica's fans=friends?) names, such as "idiot", etc.

Her response didn't really personally affect me, as I'm not a fan of hers. Besides, people have said and done far worse things.

Although, she probably needs to realize that as much as she casually wants to just be the "tight homegurl" that she always was (by addressing her fans as "idiots who talk outta their @$$"), AS A CELEBRITY, people are constantly judging her based on her actions and her works, and it will in some ways come back to bite her in the richard simmons. In that sense, she probably could've handled things in a different, much more mature manner. What can I say, you live and you learn. Or you don't learn at all, <_< ...

Guest lowdown4155

aw soo jessica is not solo anymore too bad

She says she still is "Jessica H.O.," meaning that she still is a solo artist.

I'm kind of relieved that Jessica Ho isn't the "new Uptown girl". Kind of bummed that Tasha's not coming back though.

As for the comments that she left to everyone who misunderstood about the whole collab with Uptown..

Obviously she was a little annoyed about the miscommunication at the time (which is completely understandable), but at the same time, it should be obvious that saying stuff like that at any time, regardless of the situation, is potentially damaging to a celebrity's image and career. ESPECIALLY within the Korean music industry of all things! Hello? Korean netizens sound familiar much? :crazy:

Honestly she shouldn't have been that annoyed because it was Jessica who confused her fans in the first place, by saying "I'M THAT NEW UPTOWN GIRL." Any person reading that would've concluded that she was in the group. She later edited her myspace to say "I'm just being FEATURED," followed by "You idiots...." blah blah. And I disagree about it being prevalent in American culture to call people "idiots" and whatnot. If she said it Jokingly and to her friends, then maybe, but she was serious and it was directed to her fans.

Guest Shellae

I don't like Jessica H.O.

Too much of a....... "try hard".

And dissing the SM Town girls? I'm sure they'll probably have a bigger career success then Jessica.

Jessica needs to get her act together or she'll never make it big.

On another note, I've never heard of Uptown. =\

Guest jaye

Honestly she shouldn't have been that annoyed because it was Jessica who confused her fans in the first place, by saying "I'M THAT NEW UPTOWN GIRL." Any person reading that would've concluded that she was in the group. She later edited her myspace to say "I'm just being FEATURED," followed by "You idiots...." blah blah. And I disagree about it being prevalent in American culture to call people "idiots" and whatnot. If she said it Jokingly and to her friends, then maybe, but she was serious and it was directed to her fans.

Well, I wasn't aware that she herself was the one who had mispresented the information. Clearly that's her own fault then.

Also, you disagreed with what I said without even reading or quoting the entire part. I said "at first, I viewed her rather 'sassy' response as a casual one-on-one response to her fans."

There's still a possibility that she didn't intend to particularly call her fans "idiots", it's something that might've just slipped (although I'm not necessarily standing up for her). The real point I was trying to get at was that as a celebrity, for the sake of her reptuation, she should know better, and should be carefully considering her choice of words.

Guest lowdown4155

Well, I wasn't aware that she herself was the one who had mispresented the information. Clearly that's her own fault then.

Also, you disagreed with what I said without even reading or quoting the entire part. I said "at first, I viewed her rather 'sassy' response as a casual one-on-one response to her fans."

There's still a possibility that she didn't intend to particularly call her fans "idiots", it's something that might've just slipped (although I'm not necessarily standing up for her). The real point I was trying to get at was that as a celebrity, for the sake of her reptuation, she should know better, and should be carefully considering her choice of words.

I get what you're saying. But about it being possible that what J-ho said on her Myspace slipped, well... it's kind of obvious that it didn't slip. She meant it - she wanted to shut people up and what she said wasn't casual sounding at all to me, and I know her.

If "you idiots...." blah blah blah just slipped, she wouldn't still have that message up on her Myspace, right? She would've taken it down and re-worded it. And had she re-worded it right away, then a slip-up would seem to be more plausible.

I know she meant it because that's just how she is sometimes - blunt and not always so nice. And I agree, that for the sake of her reputation that she should watch her words (and people have told her this) but that just isn't how Jessica is. And she said this before and I'll repeat it: she's not going to change.

Archived