[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

58936388jn8.jpg

oooh thanks!! I've been waiting for this ^^

I love Hyunjoong~ He's so randomly funny lol

And the guy's been working so hard to improve his acting ... kudos to him

and OMG I LOVE YOUR ICON hahahha

at first I was looking at it like :blink: "what is that?" and I finally realized and started laughing lol

You're welcome. I love that icon too. :P

EDIT: Thanks dunlop09 for the summary.

Guest flower pot

^^^ Thanks dunlop for the summary of happy together... I was watching it without subs even if i didn't understand a thing but i still enjoyed it... thanks mainly to Hyun Joong's antics... Now that your summary is there i understood it better...

So there were no juicy revelations? Didn't they ask Hyesun to choose between Jihoo and Junpyo? I want to know who her choice is... wahahaha!

She didn't say anything about Minho?

Awww, kumawo, for the translation, dunlop09! B) Didnt know that KJ and GHS were actually same age!! He looks like a 19 year old!! :lol: Too bad LMH wasnt there

dunlop09 thank you so much for the recap.

i can't believe they'd have to deal with putting ice cubes in their mouth to avoid the vapor.

thanks agian!

Spoiler

I read this from Baidu. Jandi's parents will be moving to a fishing village to stay with relatives. They will leave Jandi and her little brother behind. The two look for place to stay in Seoul, and eventually will move into a place that is supposed to get demonished soon. Also, at the hot spring in Japan, JP will save JD. JP said to JD that he absolutely cannot let/watch another man/person save JD from the water for the second time, because of that, he learned how to swim. JD was very touched. Back in the hotel room in Japan, JK (not dressed properly or not fully dressed??), will try to use her body to win over JP, JD walked into them and totally shocked and heartbroken. But JP will reject JK, and JK feels humiliated, gives up and explaines the incident to JD before leaving.

Don't know how reliable the spoiler is, but I am excited to see JK out of the picture soon.

EDIT - Better translation this time, at the hot spring JP actually said to JD that he rather JD drown in water but he refuse to see another man rescue her from water for the second time.

Wow, His jealousy is no joke!!

audu, thank you for the spoiler. I cannot wait for Monday and Tuesday, so excited that JK will be out of the picture soon. She's so annoying.

dunlop09, thank you so much for the recap of the show. I can't believe KJ is the same age as GHS. He looks so young.

Spoiler

I read this from Baidu. Jandi's parents will be moving to a fishing village to stay with relatives. They will leave Jandi and her little brother behind. The two look for place to stay in Seoul, and eventually will move into a place that is supposed to get demonished soon. Also, at the hot spring in Japan, JP will save JD. JP said to JD that he absolutely cannot let/watch another man/person save JD from the water for the second time, because of that, he learned how to swim. JD was very touched. Back in the hotel room in Japan, JK (not dressed properly or not fully dressed??), will try to use her body to win over JP, JD walked into them and totally shocked and heartbroken. But JP will reject JK, and JK feels humiliated, gives up and explaines the incident to JD before leaving.

Don't know how reliable the spoiler is, but I am excited to see JK out of the picture soon.

True or not, the scene where JK uses her body to seduce JP is what Mama Kang accused JD of doing to JP at the hotel in Episode 16. She said that was why she tried to keep JP away from low-class people like her. And lo and behold, the woman who she wants JP to married is a low-class person for doing the same exact thing that she hates. The irony or contradictions of this show.

Edit: Thanks dunlop99.

Guest dunlop09

^^^ Thanks dunlop for the summary of happy together... I was watching it without subs even if i didn't understand a thing but i still enjoyed it... thanks mainly to Hyun Joong's antics... Now that your summary is there i understood it better...

So there were no juicy revelations? Didn't they ask Hyesun to choose between Jihoo and Junpyo? I want to know who her choice is... wahahaha!

She didn't say anything about Minho?

lol, actually they did! But Hye Sun said she would choose neither, because if she's hesitating for both of them, then they must not be the right ones for her.

Guest flower pot

^^^ Wahahaha! HOW SAFE! I bet she just does not want to seem like she's playing favorites since she's in the lead role...

But even if i were in her shoes... I'd go crazy trying to decide between Junpyo and Jihoo too...

Man! hahaha! How I wish Minho was there...

Guest epique.

Kim Joon's school picture: some people said he looked like Jang Dong Gun(an actor) while other said he looked like Mr. Bean

thank you for the summary (;

ahaaha, mr.bean?

LOL.

&thank you for the spoiler,
audu

omgod, yes - more joondi moments ! XD JP & JD <3 i can't wait to see her rescue her !

Not sure if someone mentioned this before, but what happend to the teen of Japan story that was in the manga and HYD? It seems that the Korean ver. won't be doing it and I'm happy that they won't, I never liked that part of the story.

Having read the spoiler: JD parents going to the village means we will get the maid story..YAY!!

sheherizade3, thanks for caps and summary. I love your analysis. This episode definitely highlight for the viewers...the old Jandi, the one that existed before GJP is back (not completely...but she's in the process). I love her over the top concern for her friend.

Anytime dramalovers26. Yes it's good to see part of her back although there were some scenes that I felt she was weak. I did not like the part when JK approached the F4 in school. JD looked like she was on the verge of crying while watching them from afar. WB noticed her sad face and came up to her. I don't like JD showing any kind of weakness in front of JP and his fiancee. I would have preferred a defiant or expressionless face rather than looking pathetic. JD should have said something when the evil witch called her family trash and accused her of seducing JP. She was already humiliated enough during the party, how much more abuse should she take?

I was just watching Tina Turner singing "Proud Mary" in YT. I was thinking, it would have been really cool if during JP's birthday party, JD sang something similar and encouraged audience participation so the whole place will be rocking and rolling with the old witch looking humiliated. Then after singing, she thanks everyone, wish JP happy bithday, approach the witch and say in a sweet voice "thank you, that was fun." This scene would have me cheering and jumping up and down.

sheherizade3, as always great caps and analysis. Thank you sharing your thorough analysis of the episodes summary. I enjoyed reading them. Also, I agree with everything you said about GHS's character as Jandi. I'd never cried watching the japanese or Tai version of Makino. For Jandi, I cried along with her from epi 14-15 and that shows how much of a great actress GHS is with this role.

ChristyC1995, sorry to cut your post but I too agree with you that GHS is the best Makino character close to the manga especially the bold parts.

You're welcome pralee. I think what won over the producer to choose GHS was her ability to do comedy because what she was doing was really difficult. A lot of the other Korean actresses would have been able to tackle the dramatic parts but would fail miserably when they attempt to do comedy. It's ironical GHS has all these talents when in real life, she is actually painfully shy and has difficulty singing in front of a live audience.

WB was grinning while JD was whispering her plans to JP. I'm sure that if JD approached WB to help her, he would have concocted an excuse not to do so.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb23/sh.../jpjd4_ep16.jpg

I think WB was grinning and pumping his fist because JD was whispering in JP's EAR. Remember the comment by one of the F2s that the ear is JP's sensitive/vulnerable area?

Hi jechoi1. Yay, you're right, I never thought of that. Also, I think he was amused that the two were in a huddle discussing their strategy when in reality, they were the real target of the F2's plan.

Although they were just playacting, YJ and GA seemed to be enjoying themselves, especially GA. YJ is just so cute and sweet that I'm sure all the women out there heaved a collective sigh when he removed his jacket and put it on GA.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb23/sh.../jpjd9_ep16.jpg

Does anyone else find it odd the YJ always wears a 3-piece suit? Frankly, I thought it was really ridiculous for a high schooler to wear a suit, period, let alone a 3-piece suit. Even though he's in college, it's still ridiculous. Not many working professionals wear a 3-piece suit.

Good you mentioned this because I have noticed it before and wanted to post my comment but never got around to it. I wish the production people would change his wardrobe cuz it's just old foggy style. Men hardly wear 3-piece suits nowadays.

He added that JD's lips are also turning blue so he unbuttoned his coat and wrapped it around JD basically hugging her from behind; JP remembered how he hugged her also at the ski lodge.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb23/sh...jpjd10_ep16.jpg

It doesn't show in this picture, but did anyone else catch that JD is still wearing her stupid backpack? Which means that JP's hugging her through the backpack. She should have taken it off. She has it on the majority of the time in the hotel too, which is silly and stupid because there is JP just lounging on a chair and there she is running around like a headless chicken and wearing the stupid backpack that we all know is empty.

Thanks for mentioning this because, I agree with you, why would JD be lugging a backpack around unless she's going to school. It was really funny that she was running around the hotel room with the backpack cuz realistically speaking, the first thing one does on entering a room is to remove the backpack because it is cumbersome and may even be heavy.

sorry I had to chop up your post like this...but it was too long :blink:

But anyway, I agree, I LOOOVED that about this episode. When she said that to Junpyo and put him in his place, I was secretly cheering for her inside. Not out loud though cuz it was still early and I would've woken up my family :sweatingbullets:

And I just liked that she put him in his place in general, just because he's trying to be both things. like "oh, I broke up with you but I'm totally still in love with you...I just can't let you know that, but instead I'm going to send mixed messages and maybe you'll pick up on it :)"

I agree with you lilnahnah. JP's obviously in love with JD but he can't make up his mind whether to give her up or not. I think he has decided to permanently break off his relationship with JD in Macau but his feelings for her were just too strong to ignore. He realized his mistake the moment he left her at the bridge and that's why later on, he tried to reach JD at the hotel to probably patch up with her.

Again, I agree. When Jandi introduced Jihoo to Jaekyung and Junpyo interrupts saying "Hey, why are you introducing my friend? Hey monkey, this is my friend Yoon Jihoo."

I kinda wish Jandi had been like "dude, Jihoo sunbae and I are friends too -____-"

I think JP does not want JD to ignore him when JH is around and also, he can't help himself when he gets jealous. I agree that JD should have said something to JP about her being a friend of JH or something like "why are you butting in; she's (JK) talking to me, not to you."

Yupp yupp....

I kinda had mixed feelings about when Junpyo

1) hugged Jandi when she accidentally bumped into him

2) Held her from behind inside his coat and

3) The candlelight conversation

On one hand it hurt to see these scenes because it's so clear that these two are pining for each other.

JP obviously wanted JD back but he did not know how to go about it, you know, male pride. On the other hand, JD, knowing that he's already engaged, wants to make it clear to him that their relationship is over.

Ths sheherizade3 for yr wonderful summary of episode 16, “In order to protect JD, he had to let her go.” This really hurt me. I cant understand why the PD ahs to push the storyline to this climax. How he can give us a proper answer to JD-JP & particularly JH’ love . so sad

You're welcome ml_87. Actually I like this scene because it will push JP over the edge to finally throw caution and just go after JD. Here, he was already almost going crazy after he sent the message to JH because he knew that JH is in love with JD so that he is really scared now. JH on the other hand knows that JD still loves JP and to him, her happiness is foremost. He realizes the fact that JD, at this time, cannot return his feelings. I've noticed that Mr. pd man is really playing up the triangle, giving equal time for both JP and JH to spend with JD. For now its ok that JD has someone to comfort her but later on, I hope Mr. pd man starts to veer away from the JH/JD story and focus on the main couple JP and JD.

ohh now i remember that part.. hmm yeah i don't think the kdrama will go that far, since they had to even cut out the kissing scene of JanDi and JunPyo cuz they didn't think it was appropriate..

i totally agree.. this was awesome where you see some of JanDi's spunk again.. i've been missing her like this for the past few episodes.. the last few it shows her being very vulnerable but this scene totally showed JunPyo that "hey i'm not going to take it anymore"

Yay tofumui. JD has lost her spunk after the break-up in Ep. 14 and I hope from ep. 16 onwards, I get to see the real JD again. It's weird how you get used to a character's personality and suddenly, the character becomes a different person. That's how I felt about JD.

Guest lilnahnah

Spoiler

EDIT - Better translation this time, at the hot spring JP actually said to JD that he rather JD drown in water but he refuse to see another man rescue her from water for the second time.

Uhh...that sounds almost EXACTLY like the japanese version....

I was kinda hoping that those scenes won't happen... :mellow: oh well.... we'll have to see I guess?

Guest Chianna

I'll be shocked if JK strips, Lee Min Ho got yelled at for moving his lips during a kissing scene so I doubt we'll get anything nearly as suggestive as JK trying to seduce him in that way. It'll probably be a back hug and some crying on her part.

Better translation this time, at the hot spring JP actually said to JD that he rather JD drown in water but he refuse to see another man rescue her from water for the second time.

I'm hoping that's losing something in the translation, like the necklace speech, because telling some one you'd rather they die than someone other than you rescues them is borderline psychotic.

Guest discofuse

The only thing I didn't get in episode 16 was when the F4 ignored Jandi in school! WTF is going on? (okay, it's reasonable for JP to ignore him)

Guest danaisVIP

Some summary of the show for those of you that cannot speak Korean

GHS talked about an incident that happened between her and the fans

"Since I wear a uniform when I'm shooting, when I'm amongst students I tend to blend in. So after the shooting, we're(LMH and GHS) supposed to go our separate ways. But since GJP is so tall, all the students can see him and migrate towards him. And I'm in the crowd getting pushed around, 'Move, move!' And then they see my face and go, 'huh? It's GHS! ahhh'"

And she said that she got injured at the diving scene because she hurt her back once while she was diving. She said when she tried to dive another way, so that her back won't hurt anymore, she hit her head on the floor.

GHS is not actually the oldest, Kim Joon is the same age as GHS. But he said he just follows the other guys and calls her noona while GHS calls her oppa, while KHJ just wishes they would just be friends

KHJ said aside from learning the violin, he had to learn to use chopsticks the right way. I guess it wasn't really the right way before, but because his character is the president's grandson, they thought the character wouldn't be right without it

And I felt bad for them when they said they sometimes had to reshoot the scenes inside if they could see vapor come out of their mouth. GHS said they would reshoot it with ice cubes in their mouth

When asked who is most like their character, KHJ said KB because KB is so much more mature even though he is the youngest. Sometimes KHJ thinks of him as older than he really is. Kim Joon said that GHS is the most like her character, because she has such a bright personality and eats a lot.

KHJ and KB expressed how hard and tiring the schedule is. They joked around by saying that they wished someone would get sick so that they could have some time off. They made fun of GHS saying that you would think GHS would be the one to faint or get sick because she has it the hardest, but actually she is the healthiest and strongest.

Helicopter scene in New Caledonia: they did really go on a helicopter, but the scene was actually shot in a Korean airport. They wore the clothes they wore in New Caledonia (even though it was winter in korea) and they put ice cubes in their mouth(so that there would be no vapor). The only part of that that was shot in New Caledonia was the island view

The horse riding scene: KHJ and LMH shot it differently. KHJ went first, and he had to actually ride the horse because he said they couldn't imitate the speed of it or something. So they tied the horse of a leash with KHJ on it, and let it run in circles while the camera man stood in the middle turning with them. They couldn't film LMH's till the next day because it already got dark. But the next day, he didn't have to ride the horse, they found another way to imitate it.

Motor Cycle Scenes: Because of the cold weather, the battery died really easily. So they had to find a way around that, and we saw this in one of the NGs where KHJ pretends he was riding one :)

JD's kicking scene: GHS did everything until the part where JD kicks him. But it was hard to match the motions of the stunt actress and GHS, so after she yells at him, she just spins around. And while she was spinning, they switched the scene to the stunt actress

When asked what character they would want to play if they were recasted, KJ said it would be great to play a charismatic character like JP who can order people around. But KHJ said he would always pick JH.

GHS once wrote a letter to the president. Back then in Korean schools, typically the one she went to, they wouldn't let the girls have hair longer than 1cm below their ear. Then her friend got in trouble because I guess it was longer, so the teacher took scissors and cut it off. And GHS seeing her friend so unhappy, decided something had to be done, and wrote a letter to the president. She never knew the real adress.. and she never knew if it got there or not. But she really is like JD!

Kim Joon's school picture: some people said he looked like Jang Dong Gun(an actor) while others said he looked like Mr. Bean

awhh, poor GHS she hit her head, it must 've seriously hurt . D:

lolll, there's a R I G H T way to use chopsticks ?

what's the difference .. XD

Spoiler

thankyou for sharingg ! :D

lmfao, at he better translation, he'd rather her drown that watching another man rescue her ?

loll, that sounds different .. LOL but sweet, harhar .. his jealousy .<3