[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Omg i really cant wait to watch that part where Joonpyo save Jandi! awwww! YAYYY! monday is in the next three days! yahuuu~ im starting to love mondays and tuesdays now.hahahaha.LOL.But monday si my 1st day in my college! which means i have to wait till i got back from school to watch the latest episode of BOF! <_<

do you guys know when the episode 17 previews will be out? theres no previews on the end of episode 16.usually there was suppose to be a little preview right?.but i went to most of the users on youtube who upload eps 16.but stil i cant find them.

Oh my gosh blue_angel_1004, that supposed line that Joon Pyo will be saying (i hope) is just sooo darn heartbreakingly sweet. I hope this will lead to their reconciliation :rolleyes: ...xD Or idk... i haven't able to catch up with the thread as of ep16... so i'm sure i've been missing some info on these photos and speculations.. with that, i finally got around to watching ep16 (i was going to go crazy keeping away from it :wacko::crazy: Gee, it's so hard... this thing called self-monitoring.. :unsure: ) ANYHOW, i also got around to reading some of your insights~ though not all YET.

I wasn't that disappointed with ep16, rather HUH? after the whole episode ended. OK, to be honest~~ i was literally squealing my head off when Jan Di went over to Joon Pyo's and saw him in the restroom [fangirl]I loooooved the little gulp Jan Di did right before she and Joon Pyo screamed!!! :w00t: [/fangirl]!! HAHA~ and did i mention Woo Bin?? ~ haha, like many posts have mentioned-- he's such a freakin' sweetheart and cutie with that Paradise dance he was doing right before Jan Di walked in. Totally made my day with the way he smiled to himself afterwards (i must say, out of all the new hairdos F4 had~ his is the most :rolleyes: )!! Anyways--

I can't complain much about this episode because we got a lot (but of course, not enough) JOON DI interaction. I could not stop laughing when they were "spying" on SoEul.. Joon Pyo all pissed and careless. :lol: That was the cutest thing! We can tell all he wanted was to be with Jan Di.. *sigh* Yes! I didn't cry this episode~ but that scene at the ice skating rink with Jan Di in Joon Pyo's jacket... :sigh: *heartwarming*.. MEMORIES MEMORIES. It didn't seem so long ago that he gave the Kissing Star to his love either. It just made me oh-so-sad when Jan Di broke out of his embrace :( ... whyyyyyyy? *JOON DI withdrawal*

Ep16 was adorable in that in rough times like this, we were able to see the loopholes that JOON DI encountered just so they can be together.. even if it was only about 15-20 mins out of the whole episode. And then of course, the ones who made that possible for our JOON DI couple: Yi Jung and Ga Eul. -When you're an actor and you're trying to act like you're acting, i think it's safe to say that that's just superb on Kim Bum and So Eun's part. :lol: They put "sweet" all over my screen. :rolleyes:

But OH WOW... major heartfelt for Joon Pyo. Ep16 engraves Joon Pyo's stance and love for Jan Di. It definitely teared me up when Joon Pyo fought with himself, to send or not to send?? Ughhhh *stabs heart*.. But i totally love and agree with someone's interpretation that this scene was an implication of Joon Pyo willing to sacrifice his feelings for Jan Di's state, even if it has to be another man by her side~ he just wants her to feel comforted. He was willing to sacrifice his hurt for the Jan Di. :tears: This is just clear MAJOR transformation in our Joon Pyo. Throughout BOF, from ep1, we've seen him gradually change when Jan Di stepped into his portrait~~ but this scene is just a complete nailer (not a word). It solidifies his current situation and true feelings for Jan Di.~ He is willing to fight with his frustration and pain for the sake of his love's emotional state. This has to indicate Joon Pyo's biggest change: making sacrifices not for himself, but for the one he loves. He may have brushed off to be a bigger jerk in the previous episodes, but he is one fellow with consistent faith in himself and the love that he has for this girl. THAT'S what i love about Joon Pyo. Even though he may be hurting not only Jan Di, but all of us in general :sweatingbullets: , instilled deep inside of him is this strong love he maintains. His frustration in that scene was so hard to watch. :tears:

And then....~ Ji Hoo to the rescue. Oh boy, i'd be so stuck if i were in his shoes. Although i believe Joon Pyo had the hardest time sending him that text message~ i question if it was fair to Ji Hoo. He's in too deep, how can he just suddenly reject Joon Pyo's request to comfort Jan Di?? That's just... not Ji Hoo. Of course he's going to go help her! Yet... it isn't so fair to him. :( I feel bad for Ji Hoo; everytime i see this angel with Jan Di, i feel so guilty. :tears: That scene at the hospital was just sad sad sadddd!! OMG, the look in Ji Hoo's eyes. I love him so much. *cries*

OK, listening to Ji Hoo/Hyun Joong's acoustic version of "내 머리가 나빠서" does not help AT ALL!!! :crazy: That scene was honestly heartbreaking to watch.. Ji Hoo's eyes~ i don't know how to describe. Sad, disappointing.. It was honestly the first time i felt extremely sad and tearful for Ji Hoo... worried. I'm certainly not, and have never been or will never be, a Ji Hoo + Jan Di shipper~~ but i seriously had mixed feelings. I want Ji Hoo to find a nice girl... :tears:

Oh yeah, but despite my heartbreakings and tearful moments i had with Joon Pyo, Jan Di, and Ji Hoo and my blushing moments with Ga Eul, Yi Jung, and Woo Bin-- i laid in bed thinking HUH? JOON DI's encounter.. that was their first time interacting with each other after so many awkward and tense moments. I totally loved the comic relief, but it was quite sudden... but like i said, i can't complain much. Their gradual realization while being in each other's embrace at the skating rink made up... :blush: ...... or maybe because i've been so desperate for some JOON DI moments that i really do not care right now. :ph34r: ... jk. =)

But goshhh, so much to talk about, but i've talked too much. I'll leave with:

I wish i could spit out essays this easily.>_<

I love JOON DI. :blush:

**WOO BIN + JAE KYUNG fighting** :tongue2:

Guest Banana Peel

About the spoiler that seems to be floating around of what JP told JD after he saved her from drowning...

We don't know whether that line is an actual line from the script, but if it is, the correct translation is as follows:

I learned to swim because I thought I'd rather drown (while learning) to swim than see you being saved from another man again.

Korean text: "다른 남자가 널 먼저 구하는 꼴을 두 번 다시 보느니 물에 빠져 죽는편이 낫겠다는 생각이 들어서 수영을 배웠다."

That's so cute :tears:

I don't think I can wait any longer for the next two episodes!

Thanks for the spoilers!

--

come to think of it, the series are over soon!

Noo, what would I do then?! I'll have nothing to look forward to watch anymore.

*sigh* as long as JD&JP (and the other characters) gets a happy ending, I'll be happy. n_n;

im so impatient with this drama

the leaked photos and the text preview

just makes me wondering what will happen!!

why can't it be monday! i wanna noe whats going to happen :(

Guest dunlop09

Oh thank you. You are so sweet. I have one question about ep 3. Hi hi..so long ago but I dont really understand.

After seeing the clip of JH and Jandi under the snow, Jun Pyo was very angry and tried to kiss her. He said something like "I am not a person who pay back as much (equal) as I received" I dont understand what he means.?

Could you explain to me this?

Thanks again..

I think it wasn't the translation that was bad, the whole thing sounded weird to me too. I thought he meant that if someone wrongs him, he pays back with more than what he received... But it also might be a saying in korean or something(if it is, i don't know much about those). Sorry, I only know korean enough to get by... lol. But maybe someone else can explain it better

Guest Aleejayy

I went back to read the Manga of Hana Yori Dango and I realized how Goo Jun Pyo's body is EXACTLY how Tsukasa's body is. It's really scary, their long legs and back/side views are exactly the same. He seriously looks like he stepped out of the manga into real life, the height and lean muscles are insanely Tsukasa-like.

Guest daysgoby

Oh thank you. You are so sweet. I have one question about ep 3. Hi hi..so long ago but I dont really understand.

After seeing the clip of JH and Jandi under the snow, Jun Pyo was very angry and tried to kiss her. He said something like "I am not a person who pay back as much (equal) as I received" I dont understand what he means.?

Thanks again..

Here's my stab at it --

"I’m not the kind of person to exact revenge according to how much I’ve been wrong. That doesn’t resolve my anger."

I think Jun Pyo's saying that he's the 'bigger' person, that he's not petty. If someone did something to him, he won't go back and commit the same amount of harm to them in order to feel better about the situation. Does that make sense?

Guest dreampryncezz

I wish that they developed Jan Di and her passion for medicine more. I want her to be a more well-rounded person before she gets back to Jun Pyo. I think it'd show that she doesn't need him to validate her and her happiness...making her all the more attractive to him, not that she isn't already.

Guest *Lizzie*

I really hope Yi Jeong isn't mean towards Ga Eul when his ex love comes. I really hope he can finally give Ga Eul a chance, she is trying to win his heart taking pottery..hehehe.

Guest secret_valentine

I'M SO THANKFUL FOR ALL OF THE PEOPLE HERE ON THIS THREAD^^

YOU GUYS ALWAYS FIND THE MOST RECENT NEWS^^ THANK YOU!!!

CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE JOONDI SCENES^^

Here's my stab at it --

"I’m not the kind of person to exact revenge according to how much I’ve been wrong. That doesn’t resolve my anger."

I think Jun Pyo's saying that he's the 'bigger' person, that he's not petty. If someone did something to him, he won't go back and commit the same amount of harm to them in order to feel better about the situation. Does that make sense?

My take on this is that when he takes revenge, its not equal to the amount he received, but he exacts more. That why it was given as a warning to Jandi.

Guest dunlop09

GHS in a car accident: http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...p;newssetid=487

Fortunately they say it wasn't serious... this was when they were moving between scenes... they said she's at the hospital getting checked out. They expect it won't delay the schedule much because she doesn't seem to have any serious injuries, but still, getting into a car accident while having a concussion can't be good..

Here's my stab at it --

Oh. Really! I thought that he will pay back double if someone did harm him. He he. Anyway, it makes sense to me.

Thanks a lot..

:P

Thanks again..

JP is saying that he doesn't get satisfied with just getting even. He pays back with double, triple of what he got.

So when JD "kissed" him when she did a CPR on him (but "flirted" w/ JH, and hence played him and the F4), JP will pay back (seek revenge) w/ umm, whatever he was trying to do... He only stopped himself seeing how much she hated it. So no, JP is not being a "bigger" person; he's just being a jerk. I'm not trying to put him down, but it shows what kind of person he was before he was changed by JD.

Hope that clarifies!

I have one question about ep 3.

Thanks again..

JP had the impression that JD likes him but at the pool, he's shown 'evidence' that JD is playing him and JH at the same time, so he's hurt and he wants revenge. I'll give my version of the translation here, hope it helps....

JP: Who are you to make a fool out of me?

And make a fool out of F4 too?

JD: Who says I made a fool out of who?

Let me go!

JP: And I thought you were cute so I'd wanted to let you off the hook. (i think he means he was going to stop all the pranks)

Am I a joke to you?

I'm not sure if you're aware,

I'm not someone who takes revenge corresponding to the same amount of hurt,

The same level of revenge......just cannot undo my hatred.

Guest sandybabe88

JP is saying that he doesn't get satisfied with just getting even. He pays back with double, triple of what he got.

So when JD "kissed" him (by doing a CPR on him), JP will pay back w/ umm, whatever he was trying to do... He only stopped himself seeing how much she hated it. So no, JP is not being a "bigger" person; he's just being a jerk. I'm not trying to put him down, but it shows what kind of person he was before he was changed by JD.

Hope that clarifies!

yeah, he was saying he isn't satisfied with just revenge, he wants revenge many times over. this is because this was when jp was so frustrated with jd. he is so used to girls swooning over him, he's frustrated that jd isn't falling head over heels for him, it's the first time in his life someone is rejecting him. in his head he was all having a good day because he and jd met lips when she was giving him"cpr" , but to see that even after that she was being sweet on jihoo made him supermad. so he's feeling "played" in his little mind..

:D this is all before jd got to him that is.. keke

Guest tinyxtina

I finished ep 16 yesterday (instead of studying for my midterm haha) and while I loved it, it also makes me a bit worried about the future of our protagonists.

I'm a Jundi shipper and i'm pretty sure that the PD isn't stupid enough to not make them end up together (I hope I just din't jinx them LOL). However, I'm scared that the way they'll fix their problems and come back towards each others won't be realistic or convincing enough. I can sure see the love and longing for each other from both characters, but the circumstances are not in their favor at all.

I remember in the first episodes (maybe the first half of the drama) people were saying that the love triangle JP-JD-JH wasn't realistic enough because it was always all about JP-JD, Ji-Hoo was barely there (even though he was more present after his return from France) and the PD were trying to favor JP too much by making him very likable and all. I'm not complaining about that, I'm just stating a fact. Now, it seems like the other way around. While JH is always there for JD, JP is always taken away from her by brutal ways. With 8 (possibily 10) ep to go and potentially 2 heartbreak storylines to cover, will JD and JP have enough time to overcome their difficulties and be happilly ever after? My guess it that they will and thats what I want to see, but will it be too far streched and unrealistic?

And i just want to comment about something else. In the last few episodes, I've been heartbroken for both JP and JH. It seems like both of them have a part of JD but none can really have her. While JH can have her by his side, her heart doesn't belong to him. JP, on the other hand has her heart, but even when he's longing for her presence, he just can,t keep her by his side. So sad...

i totally agree. gd-it!! its so frustrating.

So when JD "kissed" him when she did a CPR on him (but "flirted" w/ JH, and hence played him and the F4), JP will pay back (seek revenge) w/ umm, whatever he was trying to do... He only stopped himself seeing how much she hated it. So no, JP is not being a "bigger" person; he's just being a jerk. I'm not trying to put him down, but it shows what kind of person he was before he was changed by JD.

Hope that clarifies!

Yeah..Absolutely clear.

Thanks..

Sometimes I feel bad that I am not Korean. Watching Korean Drama without understanding the conversation is really annoying.

JP had the impression that JD likes him but at the pool, he's shown 'evidence' that JD is playing him and JH at the same time, so he's hurt and he wants revenge. I'll give my version of the translation here, hope it helps....

JP: Who are you to make a fool out of me?

And make a fool out of F4 too?

JD: Who says I made a fool out of who?

Let me go!

JP: And I thought you were cute so I'd wanted to let you off the hook. (i think he means he was going to stop all the pranks)

Am I a joke to you?

I'm not sure if you're aware,

I'm not someone who takes revenge corresponding to the same amount of hurt,

The same level of revenge......just cannot undo my hatred.

Thanks. It seems that I got the wrong English translation. Absolutely crazy..

Actually he is saying,

"I don't know if you know but I'm not kind of person who pays back exactly as I received. I don't get satisfied with just paying back exactly the same."

So in other word, his payback will be much more than what he received.

Here's my stab at it --