[Drama 2008] Glass Castle / City Of Glass 유리의 성

Guest huangsy

Guest Happy_Day

Wow, the ratings are fluctuating like crazy..

Min Joo and Suk Jin obviously are very much attracted to each other. Interesting to see how she ends up married to Joon Sung and then divorced . . . .

I kind of wish the drama showed us how MinJoo and SukJin met. I kind of don't like it when dramas just assume we know, I like to see the process and the slow attraction. From the first episode, you can tell MJ and SJ already like each other.

Anyway, I skimmed the offical character descriptions, and translated the gist I got was that: MJ is extremely attracted to SJ. She gets annoyed by how mean and cynical SJ can be, but she gradually learns to respect him as an mentor figure and before she knows it she's fallen in love with him. However, he keeps pushing himself away and saying hurtful things because he has a kid and has been married already. And on the other hand MJ is realistic and knows that she doesn't want to get seriously involved with a man who has a kid, too many reponsibilies.

Then, she also meets the other rich guy. She doesn't like him much at first because she knows he's wayy out of her league. But as they bicker on and on, she starts to feel attracted to him as well. And ends up marrying into a jaebul family. What a Cinderella story right, what all girls wish for! But the reality isn't like that. She feels stepped on by her in-laws, and she can't balance her work life and domestic life with all the pressures.

They divorce. Then.. I figure that's where SJ comes back into the picture!!!!!!

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest babymarzy07

^ i really hope it isnt as cliche as that.. in that order.

they divorce that fast.

hmm i hope they dont cut out LJW out of the drama after they divorce..

but yeahhh i agree so much tension..

i also think there's nice chemistry between LJW and YSY.

SBS weekend dramas are looking good lately.

the ratings bounce a lot for this one though..

Guest ANNASHEE

i started watching this drama, and im so hooooked~!!

it only makes me so sad to see that its 50episodes..

its going to be a grueling wait to see sukjin and minjoon together :mellow:

not to mention the amazing plot line :)

question: so is this week suppose to be episode 7 and 8?

Guest Happy_Day

they divorce that fast.

hmm i hope they dont cut out LJW out of the drama after they divorce..

but yeahhh i agree so much tension..

i also think there's nice chemistry between LJW and YSY.

SBS weekend dramas are looking good lately.

the ratings bounce a lot for this one though..

Yeah, a bit cliche.. but seriously, what else can we expect from these family dramas? I love it!

I agree that YoonSoYi has good chemistry with both guys. :)

I read an article the other day how this drama is really going to focus realistically on the life of a jaebul family (top elites in Korea), and what it's like to be born into or married to one. I really hear awful things about women who marry into jaebul families in Korea, how they are mistreated and such. Did anyone notice in one of the early eps of this drama, the daughter-in-law was standing obediently by the dinner table and watching everyone eat?! I heard that's what GoHyunJung had to do, her in-laws wouldn't let her eat until they were finished.

Cliche or not, I love this drama. Can't wait for episode 7 to be posted. Any one with links, please?

yeah, 1 minute ago

below sites are good as fresh

Ep 07, Moohan

http://bigmail3.mail.daum.net/Mail-bin/big...1eMiAJSs-NivvYc

http://bigmail3.mail.daum.net/Mail-bin/big...MCZ4ZwWER38b3nx

Ep 08, Moohan

http://bigmail14.mail.daum.net/Mail-bin/bi...CtEKHrhrPrd9B46

http://bigmail14.mail.daum.net/Mail-bin/bi...3_VHEgq1.RLerXB

anybody don't know Moohan, then don't download

GOOD LUCK! :sweatingbullets:

^ Thanks, drumon!

they divorce that fast.

Yeah, a bit cliche.. but seriously, what else can we expect from these family dramas? I love it!

I agree that YoonSoYi has good chemistry with both guys. :)

I read an article the other day how this drama is really going to focus realistically on the life of a jaebul family (top elites in Korea), and what it's like to be born into or married to one. I really hear awful things about women who marry into jaebul families in Korea, how they are mistreated and such. Did anyone notice in one of the early eps of this drama, the daughter-in-law was standing obediently by the dinner table and watching everyone eat?! I heard that's what GoHyunJung had to do, her in-laws wouldn't let her eat until they were finished.

I actually find the storyline refreshing. Sure, there's the cliche chaebol family dynamics and poor girl, etc.

But the interesting part is that we know up front that Min Joo's going to divorce Joon Sung. The focus is on her journey - from humble beginnings and pain in her youth, to bright ambitions for the future, to being swept up in the Cinderella fantasy, to realizing that living in a Glass Castle is not all it's cracked up to be, to starting over again and finding where true happiness lies.

its going to be a grueling wait to see sukjin and minjoon together :mellow:

not to mention the amazing plot line :)

Yup...GRUELING.... :wacko:

Two people, both afraid to have the courage to love each other. :tears:

Thanks, Drumon. Luv you. Thought there weren't any episodes this week. Unfortunately when I got to it the bigmail for Ep 7 had got its quota of 100 downloads for both links.

Lots of great moments in Ep. 7. :D

Sorry, I couldn't help taking lots of caps. :blush:

I loved the way Suk Jin and Min Joo couldn't stop thinking about each other.

Outwardly, they gave reasons why each would never fall for the other, but inwardly, they both are afraid to love the other. :(

cityofglasse07080927hdthn0.jpg

cityofglasse07080927hdtaq7.jpg

cityofglasse07080927hdtyz0.jpg

cityofglasse07080927hdtll9.jpg

cityofglasse07080927hdtup6.jpg

cityofglasse07080927hdtzp9.jpg

cityofglasse07080927hdtpy1.jpg

cityofglasse07080927hdttw3.jpg

cityofglasse07080927hdtwv1.jpg

cityofglasse07080927hdtnd6.jpg

cityofglasse07080927hdtlf1.jpg

cityofglasse07080927hdtpa7.jpg

Each thinking of the other.

cityofglasse07080927hdtmd8.jpg

cityofglasse07080927hdtsn7.jpg

cityofglasse07080927hdtin5.jpg

cityofglasse07080927hdtyt5.jpg

cityofglasse07080927hdtqw5.jpg

Loved this part - so moving (and a bit humorous, too).

They're both on the same wavelength but lack the courage to love...and are afraid that their hearts will move to love of their own accord. :tears:

cityofglasse07080927hdtmj1.jpg

cityofglasse07080927hdtee8.jpg

cityofglasse07080927hdtlr2.jpg

cityofglasse07080927hdtkg0.jpg

cityofglasse07080927hdtkd5.jpg

cityofglasse07080927hdtkz9.jpg

cityofglasse07080927hdtso5.jpg

cityofglasse07080927hdtjh6.jpg

~ Suk Jin realizes why Min Joo, while drunk last time, said she couldn't forgive him for failing his first marriage...that she knows just how painful it is for a child to have a new (step)parent - which had brought tears to his eyes in as he thought of his daugher (my favorite scene of Ep. 6). ~

cityofglasse07080927hdtvj8.jpg

cityofglasse07080927hdtmu8.jpg

cityofglasse07080927hdtuf5.jpg

cityofglasse07080927hdtlg9.jpg

cityofglasse07080927hdtzx0.jpg

cityofglasse07080927hdtfc0.jpg

cityofglasse07080927hdtvn9.jpg

Thanks, Drumon. Luv you. Thought there weren't any episodes this week. Unfortunately when I got to it the bigmail for Ep 7 had got its quota of 100 downloads for both links.

Ep 07,Ep 08 are now available at myaigoo

:rolleyes:

Ep. 8

cityofglasse08080928hdtdw8.jpg

cityofglasse08080928hdtjk0.jpg

cityofglasse08080928hdtsa9.jpg

cityofglasse08080928hdtqb3.jpg

cityofglasse08080928hdtgd3.jpg

cityofglasse08080928hdtjd0.jpg

cityofglasse08080928hdtqm1.jpg

cityofglasse08080928hdtzt6.jpg

cityofglasse08080928hdtwj6.jpg

cityofglasse08080928hdtxy8.jpg

cityofglasse08080928hdtbq7.jpg

cityofglasse08080928hdtae2.jpg

cityofglasse08080928hdtug0.jpg

cityofglasse08080928hdtnv8.jpg

cityofglasse08080928hdtlc4.jpg

cityofglasse08080928hdtpn4.jpg

cityofglasse08080928hdtpz3.jpg

cityofglasse08080928hdtna2.jpg

cityofglasse08080928hdtwl2.jpg

cityofglasse08080928hdtbl3.jpg

cityofglasse08080928hdtpp6.jpg

cityofglasse08080928hdtvt1.jpg

cityofglasse08080928hdtrq6.jpg

Did my ears deceive me in the preview, or is Suk Jin actually going to support Joon Sung's pursuit of Min Joo???? :o

Oh, let the grueling torture begin... <_<:rolleyes:

Thanks Drumon for the info on the links.

Saw the posting for the Chinese-sub links. Wish I could read Chinese, then I'd know what's happening in each episode! (sigh). Any hope of someone subbing it in English, please? I think the drama has quite an interesting storyline considering that Minjoon and the character of KSS were already attracted to each other from the beginning and yet she married the other guy.

Guest ANNASHEE

TNS Ratings for Ep. 7&8

Ep.8

Nationwide

1. 주말연속극<엄마가뿔났다> KBS2 40.6

2. 특별기획<조강지처클럽> SBS 35.2

3. 일요일이좋다1부 SBS 20.3

4. 주말극장<유리의성> SBS 18.9

5. 일요일일요일밤에2부 MBC 17.3

Seoul

1. 주말연속극<엄마가뿔났다> KBS2 41.4

2. 특별기획<조강지처클럽> SBS 35.9

3. 일요일이좋다1부 SBS 20.3

4. 주말극장<유리의성> SBS 19.8

5. 일요일일요일밤에2부 MBC 18.4

Ep.7

Nationwide

1. 주말연속극<엄마가뿔났다> KBS2 35.1

2. 특별기획<조강지처클럽> SBS 32.2

3. 주말극장<유리의성> SBS 17.1

4. 무한도전 MBC 16.1

5. 대하드라마

<대왕세종>

<KBS2> KBS2 12.0

Seoul

. 주말연속극<엄마가뿔났다> KBS2 36.0

2. 특별기획<조강지처클럽> SBS 33.1

3. 주말극장<유리의성> SBS 17.8

4. 무한도전 MBC 16.7

5. 대하드라마

<대왕세종>

<KBS2> KBS2 11.9

Thanks Drumon for the info on the links.

Saw the posting for the Chinese-sub links. Wish I could read Chinese, then I'd know what's happening in each episode! (sigh). Any hope of someone subbing it in English, please? I think the drama has quite an interesting storyline considering that Minjoon and the character of KSS were already attracted to each other from the beginning and yet she married the other guy.

As I know of NO ENGLISH SUBTITLES in this one

but best bet, you could ask "hjkomo" for summaries and/with Caps. :unsure:

So sad - no English Sub for this drama. Maybe Hjkomo would be kind enough to give us a brief summary whenever possible? Will be eternally grateful for whatever you can do to help us follow the storyline.

Oh yes, what is the relationship between Joon Sung's mother and Suk Jin? Is the lady owner of the restaurant Suk Jin's aunt or mother? Don't understand the relationship between these 2 families. Anyone can enlighten me? Thanks

Guest ANNASHEE

So sad - no English Sub for this drama. Maybe Hjkomo would be kind enough to give us a brief summary whenever possible? Will be eternally grateful for whatever you can do to help us follow the storyline.

Oh yes, what is the relationship between Joon Sung's mother and Suk Jin? Is the lady owner of the restaurant Suk Jin's aunt or mother? Don't understand the relationship between these 2 families. Anyone can enlighten me? Thanks

SukJin and Joohee (Joonsung's older sister that hasn't apperaed only referred to) were dating and Joonsung's mom/family forbid their marriage and separated them despite each other's feelings because Sukjin was not a worthy husband in law for them. Also Sukjin was the friend of Musong (2nd brother of Joonsung that died) and the Joonsung's family really liked him until they found out about him and Joonhee. So Joonsung's mom forced them to separate, Joonhee was stubborn even though Sukjin left her, so Joonsung's mom pleaded for Sukjin to get married. So Sukjin married another woman and had a child, who is that little girl, Sulgee. However, that other woman i think died of cancer? they haven't really talked about her absence much yet. I think Joohee's in America or something after marrying someone of her parents choice. (Joonsung made a phone call to her and she was drunk and depressed).

The lady owner of the restaurant is SukJin's aunt. But also Sukjin's aunt is sisters with Joonsung's mom. I think Sukjin is related to her as jagun umma which is your dad's brother's wife. So Sukjin is related to joonsung's mom/family but like 2nd? 3rd? or just really distant relatives, not by blood.

Basically, these families were close in the beginning kind of with Musung and Sukjin being friends and then after the bitter breakup of Joonhee and Sukjin, and Musung's death, things broke apart and they have bad feelings against one another. Sukjin's aunt stays with Sukjin like a mom despite what her horrible wretched sister says. Also there seems to be a side/closer relationship between Joonsung's dad and Sukjin's aunt. Something they haven't shown much of yet.

For episode summaries: I would be willing to do it when i have time, if many people actually want them, but would anybody mind switching weeks on and off with me bcus I am very very busy.

I wish we had more supporters for this drama, its so good :) I mean maybe the characters aren't as famous but still, the storyline is quite interesting

Archived