[Drama 2008] Glass Castle / City Of Glass 유리의 성

Guest huangsy

i watched it on cyworld. loved it!!!!! i knew lee jin-wook and yoon soyi were gonna have great chemistry. i think its about time ljw's female counterpart is around the same age as him...it makes me seem more masculine and in control as opposed to his other roles where he was always the supporting character who never got loved by the heroine (before*after clinic, air city, alone in love)..

yay..so glad hes the main lead! they make such a cute couple too!

also, i love the story line.. the girl isnt that pretty, but her acting is wonderful and she represents a character whos plain but with inner beauty that shines. and ljw's chaebol character..someone who dosnt care about wealth or girls..untill her..

the anchor ma kim sungsoo is also a great choice b/c he actuallys looks and plays the part of a well known anchor.

overall casting was great..so happy!!

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a project of the C-subber group 韩剧热线制作组. Another 50 ep series !

Seems a bit trying on my stamina, but for LJW, will give it ago.

It's certainly off to a good start ratings-wise.

Episode 1 - TNS Media: 16.6

Episode 1 - AGB Nielsen: 18.6

According to AGB, the region with the highest ratings (19.9) was Busan, and that ajummas 60-or-older made up 15% of viewership.

News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News

Methinks it's partly due to viewer retention (from its predecessor "Happiness").

Stills from SBS

72201838jr9.th.jpg 28096804ig9.th.jpg

13860152np9.th.jpg 67785175ib2.th.jpg 82337102xp7.th.jpg 19441307es6.th.jpg 42023713er0.th.jpg

92904144km5.th.jpg 74808773in9.th.jpg 33529332kx4.th.jpg 79812050ec0.th.jpg 35172567vy3.th.jpg

82510916kq6.th.jpg 17082875ep7.th.jpg 15950160pi0.th.jpg

90178728zn4.th.jpg 29311533ck3.th.jpg 35867993dn3.th.jpg 81615591fj5.th.jpg

96904832eo2.th.jpg 44316213to7.th.jpg

43984083nt2.th.jpg 92856039bv3.th.jpg 46564450eb9.th.jpg 63740888er9.th.jpg 75990834xd6.th.jpg

<clickable thumbnails>

No hotlinking pls!

Guest acemaverick

This is a project of the C-subber group 韩剧热线制作组. Another 50 ep series !

Seems a bit trying on my stamina, but for LJW, will give it ago.

oh, any GB or CB on which it;s available? great tat a cn grp picked it! if not i;ll be missing my LJW drama!

Ep. 2 is in Alice's clubbox. (codndwh)

this is what you're looking for:

주.말.극.장-유..ㄹㅣ..으ㅣ 성.E02.080907.HDTV.XviD.avi

I'm downloading now - (i slept in!!)

I'll do a MU link for the thread, unless someone else does it first.

(for those who have problems with clubbox)

I didn't see today's eppie as of yet.... so I don't really have anything to add

to the conversation...

The 50+ episodes is a bit daunting, but I'm still going to give this drama a try. It's a shame LJW is playing the rich-boy secondary male part again. He needs to branch out. -_- Still, it looks kind of cute..

Do we know if anyone's planning to sub this drama? And does anyone know where to download episode 1? I want to watch~ :D

I hope so :sweatingbullets:

Here's an MU link for ep. 1 -

I didn't split it since Megaupload doesn't have the same limits as before.

Enjoy!

City of Glass Ep. 1

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YKMSUF8C

Your file called "City of Glass.E01.080906.HDTV.XviD.avi" (646.66 MB) was uploaded successfully.

You can share the following link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YKMSUF8C

Thank you so much!! I can't wait to watch it.

I love Lee Jin Wook, I really do. Just look at my icon! <--- He's not the best actor (I would say average at best), but he exudes a lot of charisma and has great chemistry with his leading ladies, especially the older ones! :P (His ultimate best is opposite Bae Doo Na! Must watch Someday if you consider yourself a fan of Lee Jin Wook, or a fan of great K-dramas in general... and I don't think Lee Jin Wook has been in anything as good since then.)

Anyways, having said all that, I have to I'm sorry, but I hope his character, Joon Sung, will stay second fiddle to Suk Jin and Min Joo's love story. I know, I know! I'm a self professed fan of Lee Jin Wook, but I also love me some Kim Seung Soo and truthfully speaking, I think Lee Jin Wook's chemistry with Yoon So Yi doesn't even begin to hold a candle to what Kim Seung Soo has with her.

13el5.jpg

11dq4.th.jpg12ko7.th.jpg13el5.th.jpg14hb1.th.jpg15hm8.th.jpg

Kim Seung Soo and Yoon So Yi's chemistry together is palpable. As much as I like Lee Jin Wook the person, I just don't care for his character here and I'm already convinced I'll come to despise Joon Sung as long as he interferes with Suk Jin and Min Joo's relationship.

oh, any GB or CB on which it;s available? great tat a cn grp picked it! if not i;ll be missing my LJW drama!

TSXZ has released torrent of the first ep this morning, so it should be in their Gogobox and Clubbox later this evening. May be psy4ulove's CB as well; download speed of her CB is usually faster than TSXZ's.

Also read from Baidu that Hyori did the OST (or some of the songs?)

Guest kdramafanusa

Ep 2 achieved excellent ratings, i think broke thru 20%

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...mp;newssetid=92

2008090810385068475_112307_1.jpg

Daily TV Rating Sunday 2008-09-07

**TNS**

Nationwide Rank / Show / Network / Nationwide Rating / Seoul Rating + Rank (if different from Nationwide)

1. Mom's Dead Upset (KBS2) - 39.1%, 39.0%

2. First Wives Club (SBS) - 32.0%, 32.1%

3. Happy Sunday (KBS2) - 18.3%, 18.5%

4. City Of Glass (SBS) - 18.0%, 18.4%

**AGB**

Nationwide Rank / Show / Network / Nationwide Rating / Seoul Rating + Rank (if different from Nationwide)

1. Mom's Dead Upset (KBS2) - 38.7%, 39.3%

2. First Wives Club (SBS) - 33.0%, 34.5%

3. City Of Glass (SBS) - 21.5%, 21.5%

4. Happy Sunday (KBS2) - 16.6%, 16.9%

Anyways, having said all that, I have to I'm sorry, but I hope his character, Joon Sung, will stay second fiddle to Suk Jin and Min Joo's love story. I know, I know! I'm a self professed fan of Lee Jin Wook, but I also love me some Kim Seung Soo and truthfully speaking, I think Lee Jin Wook's chemistry with Yoon So Yi doesn't even begin to hold a candle to what Kim Seung Soo has with her.

Kim Seung Soo and Yoon So Yi's chemistry together is palpable. As much as I like Lee Jin Wook the person, I just don't care for his character here and I'm already convinced I'll come to despise Joon Sung as long as he interferes with Suk Jin and Min Joo's relationship.

It's a shame that LJW is playing another bland character.

I agree, Suk Jin and Min Joo's chemistry is sizzling. But with 50 episodes, we'll have to wait a long time to see how their relationship develops. B)

One thing I wasn't sure about: Do Min Joo and Hye Young have different fathers? They have different last names, and their mom's current husband is only their younger brother's father.

Joon Sung makes a deal with his father. He'll pretend that the baby his father wants Gyu Sung to adopt is his own child, in exchange for being able to marry whomever he chooses.

I also wonder how their 3rd brother Mu Sung died and if that's going to play into the story.

Guest acemaverick

TSXZ has released torrent of the first ep this morning, so it should be in their Gogobox and Clubbox later this evening. May be psy4ulove's CB as well; download speed of her CB is usually faster than TSXZ's.

Also read from Baidu that Hori did the OST (or some of the songs?)

thanks a lot for the info! i;m dling from tsxz's cb now. too lazy to swich to CB and my comps cb doesn;t work due to GB haha.

Joon Sung makes a deal with his father. He'll pretend that the baby his father wants Gyu Sung to adopt is his own child, in exchange for being able to marry whomever he chooses.

wait so that mean that his father has another child? why would he want JS to pretend to be the baby's father while GS is adopting the baby? or is GS the actual father of the baby but can't admit it because that would ruin his marriage to Yoo Ran. so their father is trying to bring the grandchild into the family but can't let GS admit that he's the father, JS will be the "father"?

Do Min Joo and Hye Young have different fathers? They have different last names, and their mom's current husband is only their younger brother's father.

^ i think they're half-sisters but from one source they're step-sisters but that doesn't make sense since that would mean that Hye Young would have the same last name as the step-father... so they (Min Joo & HY) are half-sisters each with different fathers... so that would mean Han Yang Suk (their mother) had 3 children w/ 3 different men. How Lee Han Wie's character, Son Dong Sik, married her is unbeknownst (is that a word or am i making up a word now...) to me. he married her knowing that she had 2 children from 2 different men!!!! he must have really loved her....

highlight~wait so that mean that his father has another child? why would he want JS to pretend to be the baby's father while GS is adopting the baby? or is GS the actual father of the baby but can't admit it because that would ruin his marriage to Yoo Ran. so their father is trying to bring the grandchild into the family but can't let GS admit that he's the father, JS will be the "father"?~

This is what we know so far:

- GS's mother mentioned that GS never really dated (and thus, never loved anyone before his wife) - which doesn't seem to be true

- GS's marriage was an arranged marriage without love {JS said he didn't want to end up in a loveless marriage like GS [and their sister, as well - she had to give up the man she loved and ended up following their father's wishes for an arranged marriage, too)}

- GS has a place he goes to (with a picture of a woman), and he imagined seeing her there (playing the violin - which btw, was the worst fake violin playing I've ever seen ;) )

- In the preview, GS is told that the baby is JS's, but GS asks his father (in an accusatory way) if the baby is Ji Yeon's (which we know by the cast descriptions to be the baby's mother).

So, yeah, I believe the baby is GS's with his past love Ji Yeon, but he didn't know about it.

Archived