COPYCAT_Ayumi Hamasaki

Guest dongyao_

Guest &&TiFF;ANY.

I'm not talking about the poses or anything but you know what sometimes people do copy others poses in mvs.

I'm not defending nor against Ayu in this situation.

I think it's a mixed situation and I kinda understand both sides, I just feel like, and not you in general

but alot of people are sugarcoating this just because it's Ayu.

I know this is based on images, but I do not like to judge on images. Unless I see a two videos that are ABSOLUTELY identical, then I will stand to believe that these are mainly coincidences and that Ayu was mainly inspired and did not copy from any of these artists.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest &&TiFF;ANY.

^ Yes, but again, my point is the CONCEPT.

Not how it looked, or how it happened to come out.

But, what's the story behind it and what drove it to happen.

It's easy to look at a picture and say, "oh, it looks similar"

But, it's not as easy to look at a picture and go, "yes, I know exactly the message she wants to deliver."

^But it doesnt matter if it's the concept or not.

There are other ways to get a message across then lookin at other videos.

and if your gonna do that, make it look different and not almost the same

Destinys Child and TLC both had videos dissin men

but the videos were completly different.

I'm talking about "Bills Bills Bills" and "No Scrubs"

the stories were alot alike but you can't even compare the videos.

Guest &&TiFF;ANY.

^But it doesnt matter if it's the concept or not.

There are other ways to get a message across then lookin at other videos.

Well yes, but don't pictures speak concepts as well? Even though they look similar, one change can mean a whole lot when it comes to forming a concept, does it not?

Guest &&TiFF;ANY.

^But why look exactly the same???

I just don't get that.

Inspiration.

Is it wrong to get inspired?

Is it wrong to wear similar clothing?

As long as the messages are different, doesn't it still mean that Ayu has a mind of her own, as well as a history?

Guest &&TiFF;ANY.

^Well it's not inspiration if you are directly copying doesnt matter what the concept is unless they are intentionally mocking something.

I think she is somewhat unique, but some parts of her are just too much like Madonna

Ayu is unique, and she resembles Madonna because Madonna is her idol. I'm pretty sure many have gone around, and yes I will use the word copy, and have copied or tried to do many things like thier idols. Does that mean she's a bad person and that she has no talent, and she is horrible at everything she does?!

Guest &&TiFF;ANY.

^Whoa hold on nobody said that!

oh yeh the topic starter did

but she has talent no doubt.

If she does copy, does she still not have a mind of her own. Is she still not the Ayu that everyone knows. I know that copying is a big no-no or whatever. But if she did copy those things, subtract all those pictures you have seen and there is still many of things that she has accomplish that are solely hers. I think that's how she is truly talented. She can be influenced, but she can also be influencial.

Well, that's my argument for the night. I'm done here. I'll let people think how they want to think.

But for me, Ayu will always be Ayu. No matter who she copies or looks like.

Guest Vanessa728

WHOAA!! Thats a shocker. But I'm sure its not all her fault. Maybe her people had to do something with this.

Guest Ayumi

God, I hate that girl. I can't understand why people think she's such a great singer when she sounds like a bloody five-year-old.

I think it's funny how everybody's saying it isn't a big deal that she's copying, when she's plagiarising. I wonder how these people will react if Madonna decided to copy one of Ayumi Hamasaki's work.

Guest nuwera

That's so unfair ..

Why don't you guys say something about the other artists who copy each other, huh?

There are hundreds of artists and I'm sure of that that copied from others, but it's because she's Ayumi that's why people are bashing her. And when someone opens a topic about someone else they would immediately close the topic.

~Angel~

Guest syndisome

The only things that I felt were probably really similiar to Western videos were some of Madonna's and Christina Aguilera's stuff because there were so many similiartites for more then one situation. And it might be deemed copying because if any of these videos were to somehow become mainstream in North America and made the top charts in Canada and the United States, we'd say it were copying. Even tunes that sound similiar is considered copying almost.

I'm just talking about the image of the MVs. I like Ayumi Hamasaki's look though, and I like some of her songs.

God, I hate that girl. I can't understand why people think she's such a great singer when she sounds like a bloody five-year-old.

I think it's funny how everybody's saying it isn't a big deal that she's copying, when she's plagiarising. I wonder how these people will react if Madonna decided to copy one of Ayumi Hamasaki's work.

That's not plagerism actually.

But as for the last sentence you are correct.

No one would like it if Madonna copied Ayumi, they would ranking her out I am so sure of it.

That's so unfair ..

Why don't you guys say something about the other artists who copy each other, huh?

There are hundreds of artists and I'm sure of that that copied from others, but it's because she's Ayumi that's why people are bashing her. And when someone opens a topic about someone else they would immediately close the topic.

~Angel~

Oh stop it, Ayumi is not the only victim.

Boa was bashed for having Mika's style and Hyori has been bashed for knocking off Beyonce and J.lo and Plagerising Britney, People always dis Bi, people always bash western stars.

She aint that important.

^ How does everyone else copying make it right for her to do it? dumb.

I second that.

In some cases here is a saying

"Monkey See Monkey Do, One day the monkey will make a fool out of you"

but u didnt have to call the poster dumb.

Archived