COPYCAT_Ayumi Hamasaki

Guest dongyao_

Guest junghwa_melowdeeh

i applaud the number of examples you have but we must remember that ayu isn't the one doing this stuff...

do you honestly believe she, or any other celebrity, chooses the clothes she wears, directs her own PVs, and puts on her own make up?

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i knew she copied others...but that's A LOT!!

well i guess copying is a form of flattery and none of the stars she copied from are complaining (yet)

Guest Midnite84

u prove it but it doesnt matter..shes still as pretty and great singer and always so kewl fashion as she is..hehe yah goo ayumi!

Guest BestChinese

u prove it but it doesnt matter..shes still as pretty and great singer and always so kewl fashion as she is..hehe yah goo ayumi!

damn right!!! <3<3 AYUMI!!!!!!! *drools*

Okay I'm sorry I am really annoyed at this!

I admit some of those similarities are just stupid, like the two ponytails one I mean who doesnt wear pigtails??

But what about the Celine Dion one??

What about the Madonna ones??

Why is everyone Sugarcoating the situation just because it's Ayu??

Then people turn right around and bash Jolin??

If it was Madonna or J.lo any of them copying Ayu they would be getting dissed.

I know I've said that so many times but no one has answered my question yet.

People need to stop making excuses.

Guest chocomilky

I'll save my breath on this. Done so many times. If you don't like Hamasaki Ayumi, then do anything/say anything mean unless they're nice things/comments. Jeez. :fury:

Guest RainFan4ever

in this world everyone copy everyone if that don't happen then there won't b a trendsetter i bet u wear something that other wear and think oh that cute i should get one maybe not exactly the same color but the same style or brand name in this world everyone has the same taste in something. that what rthe fashion world for? If u don't wear if c some celeb wear who gonna wear it then...then fashion world would collapse...

Guest huangmeixi

I like her music but the people defending her are not doing a good job. SHe is either one of two things from your comments:

1) A copycat

2) Someone with no creative say of her own at all.

Guest &&TiFF;ANY.

Okay I'm sorry I am really annoyed at this!

I admit some of those similarities are just stupid, like the two ponytails one I mean who doesnt wear pigtails??

But what about the Celine Dion one??

What about the Madonna ones??

Why is everyone Sugarcoating the situation just because it's Ayu??

Then people turn right around and bash Jolin??

If it was Madonna or J.lo any of them copying Ayu they would be getting dissed.

I know I've said that so many times but no one has answered my question yet.

People need to stop making excuses.

I am not the kind of person who would just defend Ayu because it's Ayu. I defend her, because I don't think everyone notices that although style and makeup may be similar, her talent, her voice, her music, and her message is TOTALLY different than what others do. They may LOOK similiar, but it doesn't mean they are. It's not fair to judge based on pictures. No one here can show a VIDEO that is exactly similar to another. So, I think that everyone should stop hating on her because of her style choice. And yes, Ayu DOES have say in her videos. Which is why her MESSAGE is so unique and so different.

Guest &&TiFF;ANY.

^It just seems that way to me.

But why bash the topic starter??

He's just calling it as he sees it.

This is not about her music it's about her image in her videos.

But that's unfair.

By posting half of those pictures, the topic starter is comparing videos and the aspects of the videos. It's easier to see they look similar, many things can look similar. But then again, half of those similar things are ridiculous. I mean, pigtails? What person hasn't done pigtails once or twice. Basing your opinions on images only is not judging fairly, and it will get you nowhere.

^I know about the pigtails part I thought that was really stupid.

But images can explain alot, what else can you base your opinions on??

As far as the image goes, not her music??

He's not comparing her music, he's comparing her outfits and video ideas

and what's the difference between what she does and what Jolin does??

Guest &&TiFF;ANY.

^I know about the pigtails part I thought that was really stupid.

But images can explain alot, what else can you base your opinions on??

As far as the image goes, not her music??

He's not comparing her music, he's comparing her outfits and video ideas

and what's the difference between what she does and what Jolin does??

I don't know the situation between Ayu and Jolin, and I'll leave that alone for now.

Now, regarding those outfits. Fashion is a BIG thing in the music industry, is it not? It is uncommon to see that every once in a while that a celeb buys the same thing as someone else? Fashion is a very big inspiration, well to me it is, and it can branch off to many, many variations. I think that there are many variations to what Ayu wears compares to those she "copied." Is it wrong to me inspired? I see nothing wrong with inspiration, and sometimes, yes someone may not be inspiried enough to change the ENTIRE idea, or outfit. But then again, there are also many trends. Such as the skirt with pants, I remember doing that too. So, am I now copying Ayu and Madonna because I did that? I've done similar hand poses that Madonna and Ayu have done, have I copied them? I've worn a white dress before, is that also considered copying?

Oh, and I can assure you that video ideas and concepts are very different.

I'm not talking about the poses or anything but you know what sometimes people do copy others poses in mvs.

I'm not defending nor against Ayu in this situation.

I think it's a mixed situation and I kinda understand both sides, I just feel like, and not you in general

but alot of people are sugarcoating this just because it's Ayu.

Archived