Have You Ever Been Asked.....

Guest eledoremassis02

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest <3 Kim

I used to study French but I never got that.

But I did order something online from Japan, and when I went to collect it the lady just said "Here's your package, it's from Japan, are you Japanese?" haha.

Guest Belleeza

im a malay

i learn korean

n yeah..ppl sumhw wonderin why im choosing korean language~~~

i just reply to them> i dont knw~~~ just for fun

Guest skyline_7

some of my non asian friends tend to mix up chinese, korean and japanese people.

many people asked me if im japanese or korean just because i can speak those languages, but actually im chinese =]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest *alodia*

I'm a Filipino... and I'm studying Korean... and some people, if they hear me speaking in Korean, they are asking me if i'm Korean.

Funny though but most of the times... uhhmm no... at ALL times... If i speak Korean to a Korean, they would ask me if I'm Chinese. Dunno know why. Maybe because of my eyes. Also maybe because only few Filipinos speak Korean. So even if we are in the Philippines, they thought I'm also a foreigner... and Chinese to be exact. lol

Guest bada sori.

i've taken spanish for three years and obviously no one asked me if i was hispanic. hum.

i think it's retarded when people assume you're such and such ethnicity or nationality because you're learning a foreign language. goddd just reading about it makes me annoyed. >__<

Guest Atmosphere.

That's weird o.o I never knew it was going to be like that to some people. I was never been asked like that before.

I think I asked that questions to my friends in Canada like my Filipino friends or Chinese friends.

Because you know their 2nd language is French so I was like are you European, but they are not European, one of them were Filipino o.o

• 2 weeks later...
Guest からめるちゃ

I speak English, Tagalog, French, Japanese, Chinese and i'm learning Korean. :/

People always ask me whether I'm part French, or assume that I'm half-chinese all the time!

Guest &._Euphoria

I speak a lot of different languages. Does that make me me like........a breed from 5 different race?

I think it's an understandable question to ask. Not everyone looks like their nationality, or at least most people look like they could be more than one thing.

I've never been asked that when I was learning German, even though I do have some German blood in me. 8D Very little, but it's traceable, at least according to my dad, haha.

Guest B4bi3xxAng3L

My teammates ask if I was Korean. [i'm learning Korean]

My friend once told me that I looked Japanese .__." [i used to learn Japanese]

And I'm part French, friend asked if I was learning French because I was part French, lol.

But I'm Vietnamese XD .. iono, a lot of people ask me if I was "fill in the blank" rather than Viet o.O

Guest mango-iee

My friends and I speak all 4 language that I learn before. So we use them when we don't want others to know what we are talking about.

So, we mix different language in like: Vietnamese, Chinese, Korean, and Mandarin when we talk, and a guy & a girl came up to us and starts asking us if we are "chinese" because apparently in everyone's eyes asian is "chinese" not "asian." (I get tired of hearing us, asian, being call "chinese. V_V) and we answer yes, and they start asking us question like: "How do you say this and that in [a language]" and "what does that mean in [a language]." It gets pretty annoying.

Guest xpuckkerr

weird how i think i look completely asian

but when i tell people im half white (just to joke around)

they completely believe me. LOL. ><

and this guy mistaken me for being hispanic

for being in his spanish class. hahaha.

edit:

topped page 3!

Archived