Have You Ever Been Asked.....

Guest eledoremassis02

Guest Aqua591

I am black and I'm learning Korean, Japanese, and maybe later Chinese. People always ask if I'm part Asian because I am learning those languages.

Personally, I don't care. But it does get kinda annoying sometimes.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest aznshorty

i hate when ppl ask me that.

its not like only chinese ppl speak chinese. and only korean ppl speak korean.

thats so typical.

i speak english, spanish[cuz of school], and chinese[nationality][a little, not a lot]

u might as well put hispanic on my forehead even though i'm not.

Guest bigfatPANDA

i'm not learning it, but i speak burmese.

and people assume i'm burmese b/c i speak it

but i'm actually chinese, & it just so happens that my family grew up in burma ;P

so yeah. XD

i'm learning spanish but nobody assume i'm latino b/c i definitely don't look it =P

• 1 month later...
Guest ~AngelicAkari~

I'm learning classical Latin...so luckily no one has asked me if I'm Latin..

Though people have asked me if I am Latin American, but that's a bit different.

• 1 month later...
Guest Kittykitt129

There was a full page of hiragana on this boy's computer, so he called me over, and was like, "Hey can you read this?" I've told and not cared about letting my classmates know I study Japanese.

Guest Angelic_illusions

No, no one has asked me that before. It's more like why am i studying that language? Honestly, can't a person just study whatever they want to study without being harassed with stupid questions? T_________T"

Guest Sweetraindrops
"Are you [insert nationality of language your learning]?"

I know it really makes no since...but I constantly am being asked "Are you part Japanese?" because they ask what language I am learning..

I guess they figure only Japanese people learn Japanese?? I really don't get it..but does this happen to anyone else?

ye...

i gett askk what im fromm alll the tiime... kindaa annoy... lool..

Guest tray songz!
I'm taking French in school. No one's asked me if I'm part French just because I'm taking it. They've only asked "Why are you taking French? Why aren't you taking Spanish like all the other Asians?"

I was going to take French at my school, and yeah.

basically no one takes that class unless they are OF French descent at my school >.>

so all the asians just take Spanish lol.

Guest Suigintou

I've studied French, Spanish, Mandarin, and Greek.

My name is Greek so people always ask me if I'm part Greek. Makes sense.

I'm half Caucasian too...so it also makes sense when people ask if I'm part French :P

But I look mostly Asian so nobody asks if I am Chinese.

And I definitely do not look hispanic.

Guest meimei__KOUSEKI

i speak korean...and yes i do get asked if i was part korean. even my friends ask me if i was part korean or have lived in korea... well, i used to live in korea XD

Guest tatsuri

I've been asked if I'm part Hispanic because I can speak some Spanish.

I've been asked this many times by many different people, but every last one of them will ask if i'm part Cuban...

I'm not mixed at all, but I have no clue why they all say Cuban.

Guest suppaazn

i'm learning japanese and people ask me if i am japanese.

i find it similar when you go visit a country..

cause when i went to korea (i'm chinese btw) people were like "are you korean?"

• 4 months later...
Guest prisonerzero

Online, people ask me if I am Chinese if I do not show a picture of myself.

In person, they would rather ask me if I'm trying to be Chinese or something if I'm studying the Chinese language. They'll also ask me if I speak German since I'm half, but I only understand it more.

Guest YUNMii.

I went to an international French school (french-speaking and all) from the last year of kindergarten to mid-grade 8,

so I can fluently speak French and people in my school now (American school) ALL seem to think I'm half French or something... -_-

Guest YUNMii.

I went to an international French school (french-speaking and all) from the last year of kindergarten to mid-grade 8,

so I can fluently speak French and people in my school now (American school) ALL seem to think I'm half French or something... -_-

Guest LainyLoo

Strangely enough, I have been asked multiple times if I was Japanese even though I'm white as snow with blonde hair and blue eyes. Apparently I have a very good Japanese accent so some of the Japanese people I talk to and many other people thought I was mixed. So it's a compliment just very weird because I am so far from looking Japanese or asian at all!

Archived