Have You Ever Been Asked.....

Guest eledoremassis02

Guest e ; c h o .

I'm learning more Korean and ya.. there are people that ask if I'm korean or not.

They say I look like one. o.O

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest namu29

People wonder why I'm learning certain languages, but they never ask me if I actually am Korean or Japanese

I get asked if I'm random nationalities just because apparently my appearance looks a bit mixed...

Guest BL!NG

well... I study Japanese... and no one asked me if I'm part japanese or something...

basically because I look totally arab... lol :D

but yeah they ask me why don't I study french or spanish instead <_< ... why do they care?! -_-

• 2 weeks later...

I speak Mandarin, English and Korean...so yeah I get a lot of that...i do some self study...and when i borrow foreigh\n language books from the library i always get that 'what-the-hell-is-this-girl-trying-to-do?' you know...but i just don't mind them...some of my classmates would laugh at me but i don't care! Though they call me 'Miss UNITED NATIONS...'

Guest melancholy

yeah i've been asked that before..

here i was telling my friend i was planning to take up japanese classes.. then this weirdo that i don't even know, was like "why are you learning japanese when you're obviously japanese?" thats so weird, seeing as i'm chinese :mellow:

Haha, nope. No one has ever ask me that kind of question while I was taking Spanish, but they have ask me the question if I'm "whatever" because I was looking up something in another language that isn't Spanish, for lyrics. I hope that makes sense.

Guest sarah_luisa

Yes. i took Japanese (I drop bcoz of busy schedule) and people always ask me if i'm japanese

Filipinos say I dont look like the typical filipino.

People usually guess me any other Asian race but filipino.

Guest strawberry_hit

nope i never been asked before..but some rude people have said that are you a .........wannabe...gosh...

Guest eledoremassis02

Glad I'm not the only one!! lol

When I was in Japan I got asked a few times if I was 1/2...and one guy giving out flyer's asked me if I spoke English, I said "a little" in Japanese, seeing what his reaction would be....

He gave me all this info in English....good thing I know English! lol

Guest bcgirl5549

I speak Swedish, French, German, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Punjabi (nationality of language)

The language i found more easy to study was probably Korean.

Guest Anri Lin

I speak/understand: English, Hindi, and Hakka-Chinese and I'm currently learning Japanese so sometimes my speech gets all jumbled up.

Example: I have to "chunglyeong" [bathe in chinese] now, "toh" [so in hindi] I'll talk to you later, kay? "Ja" [see you later short form in japanese] then.

People asked me if I was Indian before, which I WAS [a couple of months ago, tehe] but they wouldn't have guessed cuz I'm chinese in ethnicity.

Guest hammy_chan

well i'm learning spanish...and i dont look of spanish descent, so to answer that question, NO

Guest littlemisssunsunshine

i used to learn German. and since apparently i looked mixed, people assume im part German or something.

Guest abviolinplayer

ugh yes I get that all the time, cuz I take German which isn't offered at my high school, so it's something new to them, I guess. Though I DO have German heritage, it's kinda difficult to tell them I'm not actually FROM Germany, I only have ancestors that are German...though sometimes I want to say I'm full-blooded German hehe :sweatingbullets:

Guest ladee_bug
I'm taking French in school. No one's asked me if I'm part French just because I'm taking it. They've only asked "Why are you taking French? Why aren't you taking Spanish like all the other Asians?"

LOL wth?

"Why aren't you taking Spanish like all the other Asians?"

Nah no one's asked me if I was French.

Archived