Have You Ever Been Asked.....

Guest eledoremassis02

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Leni1430265175

i used to get mistaken to be japanese before i even studied the language.. now even after i studied the language and dont speak it (cuz theres no one here to converse with) i still get mistaken to be japanese.. lately tho, ive been studying korean for 2 years now.. and i get mistaken to be that.. even my professors forget sometimes that im not korean.. O_o .. they'll start going into a super convo and i wont know what to say back.. but yes, to the outside world.. im half japanese half korean.. in reality... im Hmong ^^

i used to work with a lao guy.. he thought i was lao.. i told him i was Hmong.. he was like "Oh! then you must be Lao too!" haha .. it was cute..

i really like thai dramas and music.. i asked this girl i worked with if she was thai.. she happily replied that she was and then asked me if i was.. i told her no but i liked the dramas :D .. we're good friends now hahas :P i picked up a few words and phrases from the dramas so i can speak some of it

my mom told me that i looked like a japanese baby when i was born.. i honestly think that i dont look hmong.. thats probably why... :P

Guest pinkclover

i speak english, chinese, and malay. we must learn these 3 languages. english is the international language, chinese is my mother tongue and malay is our national language. i have not been using malay for a long time. have forgotten a lot of them. =X

i learnt french for 3 semesters. it do improve a little bit when i went for a one month summer exchange program in france. =P

most of the students here would choose to take japanese or korean language courses instead of french, german, spanish or other european languages. so, people will be so curious why i learnt french. actually, i have also no idea why i decided to take french.

maybe it's because my neighbour in the dorm that i stayed in was once a french lady. or maybe it's because i think a lot of people will be applying for japanese and korean, i may not have a chance to get what i want.

anyways, when i was in france, i'm so proud and happy that i actually took french. i can understand a lot of stuff when my friends can only stare at each other. i can do some basic communication with the french like i can order food in the restaurants and so on.

I studied spanish for 5 years but no one asked me if I had spanish origins. I do though, but I'm mostly french.

I also study english and korean. And no questions about it.

Guest dudeilovefood

Nope, not so far :X because so far I only know English and Viet.

But I'm gonna take French in highschool and somehow along the way, Korean! :lol:

• 5 months later...
Guest xohprecious

Haha I have actually. A few years ago I started studying Japanese in high school, and everybody was like, "ARE YOU JAPANESE?!"

I am 100% white and look NOTHING like I'm Asian LMFAO

Now I'm studying Chinese and nobody asks. Haha go figure ;P

Guest Kei1512

I learn Japanese/Tagalog, but nobody have really asked me if I was Pinoy/Japanese.

Most people assume that I am Mainland Chinese and try to speak to me in funny noises when I understand English perfectly well.

• 2 years later...
Guest JiN.x

yes! I learn japanese and I have gotten those questions before but i think thats because i kind of look japanese instead of my own ethnicity, even my family thinks so.. mellow.gif

Archived